Hannah Graham: The Search - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FindHG, You are close to the area that was searched yesterday, but not exactly. It was slightly further Northeast. And the indication was that we needed to go slightly further in that direction. It is between Covesville and North Garden. I don't want to get too specific for privacy concerns.

Good Morning, Gilamon! Is it already raining today in your area?

Will you be able to see LE go by when they go to the farm abutting yours or be able to hear the dogs if they alert and start barking?

tia

Thank you for posting this again. I remember seeing it back when MH was found but had forgotten how elaborate the work is.

On the second page I was surprised to see that there is a cemetery on the Anchorage Farm property. ("Cemetary [sic] on the Anchorage Farm property. No relation to murder. Visible from Redhill Road.") http://persiflage.proboards.com/thread/27?page=2. Coincidence?

In my experience, there are little cemetaries all over farm country on the east coast. You can hardly turn this way or that without finding a small clump of grave markers if you look carefully enough. It's said that if you come across a patch of periwinkle in the woods, chances are that it's abandoned graveyard because people used to plant it in cemetaries. Almost none of the forest on the east coast is virgin, most of it was cleared at one point or another and had people living and working there at one point or another over the several hundreds of years that the land has been settled by Europeans (putting aside Native Americans, since they marked graves differently).

Some people (including some neighbors of mine when I lived on the farm) in North Carolina pretend not to know that burial grounds are there if they want to build because it's illegal here to disturb them, so often a property owner won't draw attention to the fact that they've found graves, and will deny people who survey old burial grounds access to their property so that there won't be an official record.

All that said, I don't think that cemetaries have any particular significance for where MH or HG's remains may be left. I think it's just hard to avoid being near a burial ground.

Will you be able to see LE go by when they go to the farm abutting yours or be able to hear the dogs if they alert and start barking?

tia
It's 10am in Charlottesville. If LE had said thy were going to search first thing in the morning, I would guess that would be 6-7am local time. Possibly found something by now? When would we have information?

Also, I found it interesting that they posted that there wouldn't be searches today. COULD THAT MEAN THEY FOUND HER?

tia

Good Morning. It is not yet raining, only foggy. I would not be able to accompany any search team to a neighbor's farm. There is no access between the two without clear trespassing through woods across property lines. I also don't think I could hear dogs from here. Another realization I had this morning (modsnip). I am downloading Google Earth right now to remind me exactly where this site was.

It's 10am in Charlottesville. If LE had said thy were going to search first thing in the morning, I would guess that would be 6-7am local time. Possibly found something by now? When would we have information?

Also, I found it interesting that they posted that there wouldn't be searches today. COULD THAT MEAN THEY FOUND HER?

themom, actually there is an exception to this info according to the mods on the Help Find Morgan Harrington FB Page. If sources are correct there are a couple of areas that will be searched and hopefully shed some light as to where Hannah is. They want to make it clear that the sources are from landowners not LE.

<scroll down>
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Morgan241/

I believe you!!

I do too, and I sincerely appreciate you sharing with us!

It all makes sense. I think JLM knows that area and was seen in the area shortly after Hannah disappeared. I hope they find her and it gives her family some peace and closure.

I just do not see them "not searching today to re-group" - I would think maybe some are not, to reevaluate the situation...but there is no reason for ALL to not search JMO

I'm guessing that his work as a cabbie is what led him to be so familiar with these seemingly out of the way locations. Maybe a couple of pickups/dropoffs at these large remote farms gave him more familiarity than even a local resident who spends time in the outdoors.

Good luck today, Gilamon. Don't share too much here, and take some photos for your book deal if she's found on your property.

Hoping today's the day. Really. I'm ready for the next phase of the investigation to go into full swing.

Just a thought, but if they have JLM's cell phone records, depending on how far back they go, LE would have the perfect resource to tie his location to all the other serial killings in the area to see where they match up.

I'm guessing that his work as a cabbie is what led him to be so familiar with these seemingly out of the way locations. Maybe a couple of pickups/dropoffs at these large remote farms gave him more familiarity than even a local resident who spends time in the outdoors.

Good luck today, Gilamon. Don't share too much here, and take some photos for your book deal if she's found on your property.

Hoping today's the day. Really. I'm ready for the next phase of the investigation to go into full swing.

helpfulcharlie just jogged my memory of one event that I recall, and I don't think this is at all relevant, but...

On October 26, 2012 I got a cab ride home from downtown charlottesville to my location. I do not remember much about the ride out, other than the odd conversation with the cabbie who indicated that even though he grew up in charlottesville, he had never been out this way before. He was fascinated about the farm and very inquisitive. In fact, he was so nice, at arrival I offered him a dozen fresh farm eggs.

I only remember the date because I recall it being the night the Dinosaur Jr. played at the Jefferson Theatre in Charlottesville, and I went back and looked up the date.

Per a reliable source: "There will be no search today for Hannah. This is because all the information gathered will be placed together and reassessed so that for the following week. Next week we have 300 individuals from FBI's Training Division in Quantico at the National Guard Here to Search for Hannah."

derbreu73, if you read down a little farther, you will see that landowner tips will be followed up on today...
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Morgan241/

helpfulcharlie just jogged my memory of one event that I recall, and I don't think this is at all relevant, but...

On October 26, 2012 I got a cab ride home from downtown charlottesville to my location. I do not remember much about the ride out, other than the odd conversation with the cabbie who indicated that even though he grew up in charlottesville, he had never been out this way before. He was fascinated about the farm and very inquisitive. In fact, he was so nice, at arrival I offered him a dozen fresh farm eggs.

I only remember the date because I recall it being the night the Dinosaur Jr. played at the Jefferson Theatre in Charlottesville, and I went back and looked up the date.
Woah.

Foxfire,

The post about there being a few areas searched today says that this info came from landowners and NOT LE. As of this morning, LE has stated there will be no searches conducted today.

Good Morning. It is not yet raining, only foggy. I would not be able to accompany any search team to a neighbor's farm. There is no access between the two without clear trespassing through woods across property lines. I also don't think I could hear dogs from here. Another realization I had this morning is that there is a small lake right near the site of the ping, on the same property. I am downloading Google Earth right now to remind me exactly where this site was.

Good Morning, Gilamon. Thank you so much. Your area is so beautiful and I hate thinking of that Monster desecrating such a beautiful land. Hannah, come home today, lovely girl.

The moving water connection could simply be the reason JM knows about these spots, as a fisherman.

The other thing about fishing areas is that there are paths along the banks and from parking areas. The area where MH was found looks hard to get to but if he walked the path along the water, all he had to do was carry her uphill until she was far enough away other fisherfolk would be unlikely to notice her.

I'm not sure whether that points to a probable location for Hannah, though.

The other thing about fishing areas is that there are paths along the banks and from parking areas. The area where MH was found looks hard to get to but if he walked the path along the water, all he had to do was carry her uphill until she was far enough away other fisherfolk would be unlikely to notice her.
Good point! I am starting to understand the fishing thing. I wonder if LE found something that indicated water/mud. Like mud on his car? It seemed the water search came later in the search, though. But divers this past weekend...that likely didn't turn up much...

Good Morning. It is not yet raining, only foggy. I would not be able to accompany any search team to a neighbor's farm. There is no access between the two without clear trespassing through woods across property lines. I also don't think I could hear dogs from here. Another realization I had this morning is that there is a small lake right near the site of the ping, on the same property. I am downloading Google Earth right now to remind me exactly where this site was.

Ruddocks Pond?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member