Hannah Graham: The Search - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I was thinking, too, FindHG. The other road Gilamon mentioned, the one with easier access to the area, would possibly be Boaz Road, then. It passes by Cove Creek and winds up past what appears to be an orchard or vineyard.

I thought Gilamon posted that the access road was directly off Hwy29?

ETA-
No. I was at a party the night HG went missing. I came home around midnight. We have a fair amount of activity on the farm, and it would be very hard to access any of these areas around where the "ping" was located from any vantage point from my end. It would be next to impossible. Based on where the spot they were trying to locate (which I assume is a GPS location), it would have been accessed directly from Hwy 29S. There is a private drive there that could get you to that point in a way much more easily from anything on my side, which would mean climbing and descending a major ridge, through thick woods.

I thought Gilamon posted that the access road was directly off Hwy29?
Boaz Rd. does come out directly onto Rte. 29S, and it turns into a private road if you keep going far enough. It's probably not what he meant, but that looked like a distinct possibility to me.

Just hoping that today will be the day Hannah is found, wherever she may be.

Light showers this morning (Mon, Oct 13) south of Charlottesville... not enough (yet) to deter SAR

Boaz Rd. does come out directly onto Rte. 29S, and it turns into a private road if you keep going far enough. It's probably not what he meant, but that looked like a distinct possibility to me.

Just hoping that today will be the day Hannah is found, wherever she may be.

Oh ok. Boaz Rd makes sense then. I just wanted to be sure no one missed that and spent time looking in a wrong area.

I really hope this is it and this is good info. I pray Hannah is found today. . .but it will be so bittersweet when and if she is found. :(

Btw, if Hannah is found in this area, does anyone think the choice of a road called "Boaz" might have some meaning?

This must be agonising for Hannah's family. I hate thinking of it

But why would anyone pushing, pulling, or carrying a 120-pound woman keep going to cross a stream and a barbed wire fence after already negotiating a third of a mile of woods? It's conceivable that a dense forest might, in fact, offer a lesser cloak for nefarious deeds than the waist-high grass allegedly covering the pasture in October."

Respectfully snipped for brevity

I doubt there was any pushing, pulling or dragging. JLM is 6'2" and 270 pounds.Furthermore the night HG went missing he picked two girls up and put them over his shoulder during his first visit to Tempo...perhaps gauging their weight or reliving past experiences in his mind.

IMO he had zero problem traversing the landscape and placing MHs body there.

People have a tendency to attribute their own abilities or lack thereof onto other people even if it is subconsciously and I think thats where the supposition of pushing, pulling, dragging comes from.

Im only 5'8 and 205 pounds but theres no doubt in my mind I could walk 500 yards with someone less than half my weight over my shoulder in a fireman's carry, especially if the adrenaline was pumping and I was worried about getting caught.

And lets be honest, who wouldnt be?

If JLM was a hunter, chances are hes had to carry a 150 pound deer back to his vehicle using the same methods.

Looking at the map and local topgraphy, there are also plenty of trees for JLM to stop momentarily and lean against if needed....and that would have taken some of the weight off of him and allowed him to catch his breath, if needed, as well.

Right now, it looks like cell phones, along with DNA science, may be the best crime solving tools in this case.
Cell phone and other videos captured Hannah Graham's last sighting with Jesse Matthew.
Cell phone pings helped LE know that Jesse Matthew had driven to Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
DNA linked him to Morgan Harrington and other cases.
Cell phone pings have directed search efforts to the deep woods and ridges near where Morgan Harrington was found and where Jesse Matthew spent his early years and was allegedly seen the day after Hannah Graham's disappearance.
We are not yet privy to all that DNA and cell phones have revealed to law enforcement in the Hannah Graham abduction and other cases.
But - Thank GOD for these crime solving and prevention tools.

PS - We also don't know what DNA and other forensic work revealed in JLM's cars and apartment.

According to help find Morgan facebook group there will be no search today

Right now, it looks like cell phones, along with DNA science, may be the best crime solving tools in this case.
Cell phone and other videos captured Hannah Graham's last sighting with Jesse Matthew.
Cell phone pings helped LE know that Jesse Matthew had driven to Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
DNA linked him to Morgan Harrington and other cases.
Cell phone pings have directed search efforts to the deep woods and ridges near where Morgan Harrington was found and where Jesse Matthew spent his early years and was allegedly seen the day after Hannah Graham's disappearance.
We are not yet privy to all that DNA and cell phones have revealed to law enforcement in the Hannah Graham abduction and other cases.
But - Thank GOD for these crime solving and prevention tools.

http://wtvr.com/2014/09/24/report-c...rs-tripped-up-uva-abduction-suspect-in-texas/
It wasn't cell phone pings that tipped police off that JM had driven to Louisiana - the cops had tapped his family's phones and when JM called from a borrowed cell phone, they were listening in on the call.

How far back can cell pings go back? Would they be able to ping where his phone was when others went missing?

According to help find Morgan facebook group there will be no search today

By the volunteers?

Maybe thats to allow LE to focus on Gilamons farm. I would honestly be surprised if they werent already there.

I just walked through waist high grass and it was easy. But hubby blazed the trail so maybe it is harder?

For me it is all of the uneven terrain that is hard. And how about the fact it probably was at night?
Maybe he used his cel phone as a flashlight to see in the darkness. I do this...my phone even has a Flashlight App.

Just to chime in on the property warrant issue... I know an LE down there who has been searching and they said that they have been driving ATV's all over the place because it is the easiest/fastest way to do on/off road searches, so the fact that they were on ATV's is not special to Gilamon's circumstance. They also said that they have been driving all over people's private property, looking for HG. Like the other poster said, if they find something related to her, they will get a SW so they can show that they accessed it legally, though it is after-the-fact, my LE said that all the owners have been cooperative thus far. If LE came across something that indicated a different crime (say marijuana plants, etc), then the owner could easily get the evidence suppressed b/c they didn't have a SW and it wasn't in plain view. That is a different issue, though. Currently, the property owners are not thought to be involved in the HG case at all. Anyway, my point is just to say that LE has been doing a lot of searching on private property w/o SW's, and there must be something in VA law that allows them to take this stance. But, in order to take anything off the property, they will have to get something. Also, FWIW, even though the LE I know has been very involved in the searches, they didn't know about the recovery of JM's cab. I mentioned it and said jokingly, "hey! you didn't tell me they found his cab!" and they had no idea what I was talking about. Of course, they could have been covering, but since it had been made public, I don't see why they would have been pretending to not know... So, apparently, LE was playing that discovery VERY close to the vest.

After looking at the series of maps linked in ksj3's post #1235 on page 50 and the map linked by FindHG above,I am struck by several things. Realizing that distances are deceptive in these overhead views it still seems very strange to me that MH's body was left so relatively close to residences on Anchorage Farm in a fairly open area when much more dense coverage is so nearby. And the map of the general area around Heard's Mtn is very dense. So how to pick a spot in the middle of these particular areas. Looking at the location where MH was found I think a very important element is access to water, preferably moving water. This gives additional noise insulation, provides a landmark/path to follow for finding the spot and returning to it, and most importantly provides a place for the perpetrator to clean up after the fact. And moving water would immediately disperse any mess from his cleaning up. With the brutality of the attacks JM is linked to it is quite certain he would need to wash up/rinse off before returning to his vehicle. A pond would not disperse evidence quite as quickly/thoroughly. I think proximity to a creek or river might be a way to limit some of these searches of enormous properties. JMO And thanks to the posters who have linked to the maps. Visuals can elicit new ideas...
The moving water connection could simply be the reason JM knows about these spots, as a fisherman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuriousNelly61