Hannah Graham: The Search - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is stunning news that he was questioned about Morgan, wow.

All the local cabbies were. But that probably means LE has been watching and waiting, and why Longo was so set on catching him. How they let him leave the apartment that night, how they let him flee to Mexico, I have no idea....

No wonder he lawyered up and refused to cooperate. He is an old pro at interrogations.
They better put him under the jail. Vigilante justice is big around these thar' hills.

I keep reading c'ville has 40,000 people do y'all really have 20 cabs on duty at any time?

About 44K in Charlottesville, another 103K in the surrounding county, and an additional 20K during the school year with students. I wouldn't think 20 unreasonable. Several different cab companies, though. There are lots of limo companies, too (though more in the last 5-10 years) providing sedan service for folks wishing a step up from a taxi.

It sounds to me like they didn't suspect him at all for Morgan's disappearance.

It's really unfortunate that most cab comapnies aren't required to have GPS tracking in their cabs. I live in Nashville, and a girl in my neighborhood was found dead over a year ago after getting into a cab alone, and the case has yet to be solved. I would never take a cab alone or let any of my female friends get into a cab alone. Too sketchy. That's why most people I know in larger cities use ride sharing apps like Lyft or Uber. I hope this is the evidence they need to nail JM. It makes me so angry that he has preyed on these girls at their most vulnerable.

I guess if it's been two weeks, this "breaking" information won't help them get him to talk, eh?

Would he really bargain to opt out of the DP versus multiple life sentences? Personally, I think I'd rather be dead than spend the next 50 years in prison. Maybe they should turn the table, and offer him the DP if he talks.

''Two weeks ago, as the search for Graham intensified to areas outside Charlottesville, police found Matthew's abandoned cab on a farm.'' http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...278708901.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_DCBrand
The car was found on a farm 2 weeks ago...I wonder in what condition. This cab could be teeming with missing girls DNA.

Was it there, abandoned? Or was it there, waiting for the next time he needed to use it? So many questions. Makes me also very aware of how much info the LE must have that we don't know yet.

The cab needs to be sluthed. Who owns it now,does it still run? , is it licenced? How far from Cville is it located.IMO

He turned his phone off. There are no pings to follow for X hrs after Tempo. LE has his phone records.

I thought LE took his phone and they have both his and Hannah's phone records. They certainly would have gotten those I am very surprised that with an iPhone, not much info was obtained. I wonder if it's because the battery died out or, he somehow got the phone from her and pitched it, or if she lost it somewhere in water, like in a toilet. Maybe LE has iPhone info from Hannah's phone and isn't giving out the info, but it sure hasn't helped her get located .

"Why it is critical to apprehend sexual predators; they are recidivist and will only become more brazen and elusive with each innocent victim taken"..

"The offender brings something to the crime scene, leaves something at the crime scene, and takes something away from the crime scene," Egger said when explaining his three part premise of a crime scene and the reason there is not always a lot of trace evidence. "If you have someone who is aware of that, who is careful, and you're only dealing with one dumpsite, and you're treating it as a single homicide, you have no way of managing your suspects," Egger said. Egger says a typical homicide is not difficult to solve because you are simply dealing with people's alibis, and the person without one becomes the prime suspect. However, in a serial murder you do not have that. "All crime is serial in nature," Egger said. "Most criminals, if not caught, will repeat their crime.
<BBM>
http://prtl.uhcl.edu/portal/page/pct/USN/TheSignal/Life?articleId=402

That is stunning news that he was questioned about Morgan, wow.

Not really. I figured he had to have been if he were on cab duty that night. I was assuming that LE did a thorough investigation of the MH disappearance and that cabbies and anyone they could trace to that area while she was out there was questioned. There were a lot of people who saw her out there. She was hitch hiking for a time , from what I have read. So that JM was questioned then, makes sense. Too bad they didn't dog test the cabs. Maybe one of them would have caught a whiff of Morgan. And cadaver dog test them as well.

I'm sure they were. While LE is desperately searching for Hannah, they are also trying to build MH's case. . .plan B incase they don't find Hannah. :(

I'm sure they are working on both cases concurrently. I'm waiting for DNA news on that case and the 2005 rape as well. I don't think they will be able to continue this search for Hannah much longer.

I doubt there was a struggle. Re: Rohypnol - "The drug’s effects begin within 30 minutes, peak within 2 hours, and may persist for up to 8 hours or more, depending upon the dosage. A single dose of Rohypnol, as small as 1 mg., can produce effects for 8-12 hours after ingestion." http://www.bu.edu/police/prevention/rohypnol_fact_sheet.htm

Sigh. He didn't have to kill her. I wonder if maybe he just left her somewhere. I guess he didn't want to chance any trouble later, that maybe she'd police report the incident and he knew he was IDed at Tempo, but he had to have known there would be all of this when she was reported missing. No memory with Rohypnol either, is there? Maybe he used something else similar. I hope LE found signs that he kept that kind of stuff on hand.

It's sad when you consider that if there had been a competent and complete investigation in MH's disappearance/murder. That Hannah Graham, and who knows how many other unknown innocent victim's abductions/murders may have been prevented?

The Imperceptible Phenomenon of Black Sexual Serial Killers
By Vernon J. Geberth, M.S., M.P.S
Copyright © 2012
http://www.practicalhomicide.com/Research/BlackSexSerKillers.htm

There exists a myth that there are hardly any Black serial killers and/or that Black serial killers are a rarity. This perception most likely is based on the media coverage on Television and/or the Hollywood movies like Silence of the Lambs and Hannibal which exclusively focused on White serial killers. The impression that serial killers are usually white is further solidified based upon the research that had been done by the FBI&#8217;s Behavioral Science unit that examined 36 convicted serial murderers 90% of whom were white. In fact, most FBI profiles describe the unknown serial murderers as UNSUB, white Male within age ranges from 20 to 40 years of age. Statistically speaking, most serial murderers in the United States are predominantly white but current research indicates that the overall percentage of Black serial killers has almost doubled since the 1980&#8217;s with a significant increase during the last 20 years. This article will address the perception and reality of sexual serial murder based upon an historical analysis of sexual serial killings committed by 155 Black serial offenders, who represent 37.2% of all sexual serial murders in the U.S. as of April, 2012.
<sniped - read more>

Anyone have any idea WHERE the cab was found abandoned? Same farm MH was found? Where were they searching 2 weeks ago?

For some reason, the oops, let me turn around here, sends chills down my spine. What a perfect excuse!
I've asked it many times but have yet to get a definitive answer: was JM involved with drugs? IMO, that could fell us a lot about possible places to go, I. E. Where the locals go to smoke a blunt, snort a line or whatever.
As for disabling her when she probably realized he wasn't taking her home, drugged or not, a swift blow to the side of the head could easily knock someone unconscious.
After reading these posts, I am now leaning towards him taking her somewhere close-by. Somewhere he KNEW he wouldn't get caught. Why isn't anyone coming forward!? His friends or acquaintances would know where a place like this is located.

I would be surprised if he were not using some recreational drugs. I don't think he was a junkie, but given his age and that he liked to hang out, yes, he'd be using. Certainly know where to get the stuff.

THough there's no proof, I suspect he might have drugged Hannah. Why when he's so impulsive, the type that's in a hurry to get what he wants, would he go back into Tempo, spend $7+ each on two drinks before leaving the area with her. Why would he bother to spend that kind of money, take that kind of time, risk having her wait around while he went in there an bought those drinks, have others get a good eyeful of him and her, unless he had some good reason, like dropping something in her beer. She would have been thirsty, (deydrated from earlier drinking), the distance, the running, the stress, and would have gratefully drunk down a nice cold beer he snuck out of Tempo for her. Wouldn't have taken much at all to dropped something in there if he had it. I am very suspicous because she went down hill pretty quickly after that. She went from walking and running steadily, to slumping and very drunk according to eyewitness accounts.

She could have gotten ill, the evening caught up with her, but really, that is a drastic, sudden change in condition IMO.

Also, she is a smart girl, a quick girl Had she noticed that he wasn't going to where she said she wanted the ride, she would have bolted. It was far at all from where they were that she wanted to go. About 5 minutes away by car with as little traffic out there at that time of the morning. For him to be able to drive off some distance down some lane, doesn't make sense unless she was not in shape to notice.

But I don't think he went far because he is just too impatient and would to partake of his "catch" as soon as he could. If private properies are not searched, and JM knows a number of such places, sort of deserted, absentee owners, or owners who don't care, that's where he would go. Anchorage Farm was out of range, I guess when MH 's search was happening, but even if it were within search parameters, it would not have been searched because it's private property and owners of private properties are asked to search. That farm was searched this time because it was where MH was found, but otherwise it would not have, and Mr Bass, the owner said out right he could not search his own farm thoroughly. A lot of such farms. I'm sure, and properties, and they will not have been searched this time either. But yes, every area has it s "safe" hang out type places and they are not usually on public property because LE does tend to patrol those areas near a city. But private property with careless or absentee owners and neighbor not so interested or not within eye/earshot can become a haven for all sorts of things.

A lot of fisherman and hunters are terrible offenders, by the way, in terms of trespassing. Those signs are marking territory and saying to stay out are there for a reason. But those out there a lot know where it's likely they could get away with it and where the landowner is patrolling with dogs, cameras and shot guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo