Hannah Graham: The Search - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because there would be more evidence obtained and the charges would be elevated to murder. Even with Morgan's remains being found months later according to the Harringtons the suspect left DNA behind at the disposal site and according to the VA-State Police there is a forensic link tying him to not only Morgan's case but the rape of 2005..

BBM. Again, just so we don't spread rumors and muddy the waters, where is a link for this? VSP has not stated anything about the Fairfax case as regards JM. No LE of any kind has. If they have, I would like to read it personally.

Thanks.

From what I learned 32 years ago with my brother's murder, a lot of Defense lawyers kinda separate themselves emotionally from their client and simply advise based on the State laws and the Constitution. I bet he has invoked his Fifth Amendment Right. I am sure the Attorney has a conscience, but he has been hired/appointed to represent the rights of his client.

That said, I wish JM had a conscience and would reveal what happened with Hannah after they left Tempo, whatever that may be.

What needs to happen is for the DA to go to his attorney and say, "Hey... if you come forward NOW and tell us where Hannah and others are, we might not go for the death penalty... if you wait until her body is found, you will fry." HOWEVER, IMHO, from purely a defense stand point, his best defense is to not tell and hope that the body is not found, or found so late that all evidence is destroyed.

And there was an attempted child abduction 30 miles north, right off 95, in 2013. The description of the assailant sounds a little familiar (all the way down to the crocs):

http://www.pwcgov.org/government/dept/police/Documents/03.25.2013 - Attempted Abduction.pdf

Thanks for posting. Woah on the description.

It might seem implausible to some that a perp who abducts and rapes older girls / women would target a child, but this is not always the case. Very often perps will try to prey on an easier, weaker target. I don't think we can rule anything out with this guy at this point, jmo.

Didn't LE take a bunch of cleaning supplies from JMs apartment? I seem to remember that.

Jumping off your post, if the crime occurred out in nature, cleaning supplies might not necessarily be needed, at least as much if they would be if the crime occurred at a physical location that could be tied to him (example, vehicle, residence)...

So, I wonder if and what and where he might have potentially cleaned up, or might he have used bleach on Hannah in an attempt to get rid of dna, just as Travis Forbes did?

BBM:

Or it simply could be JM simply doesn't know where she is. Maybe he is guilty of only the charge leveled at him; LE does not have evidence (yet) to charge him with murder though the public has. He could have pushed her out of the car and abandoned her where something or someone else harmed her. This case is more complex than we think; IMO, JM is just part of a larger story.

As for his family, I imagine they are hurting now too. Several of his friends are reportedly stunned and sickened. Those who know Jesse and his family have said that they are spiritual and have a moral compass, so it would eat at them that he was not telling all that he knew. JM himself would likely feel that he should share what he knew about her location. He has shown he is not the monster nearly everyone has made him out to be. A man who got in a traffic altercation with him relayed that JM lost his temper and punched him in the face, but then profusely apologized and drove him to the hospital after. Seems crazy but shows he can feel remorse and does have a conscience. No person is pure evil or all good, people are usually more complex than this.

Why is it so hard for people to entertain that he is still by law innocent until proven otherwise? It is obvious by the charge of abduction with intent to defile they have little else or they would have leveled a more serious charge at him. Until LE reveals what they have I am presuming he is innocent...though circumstantially it doesn't look so good. He invoke his Miranda right for a good reason. IMO, once the police find Hannah he is of no use, so what does he have to gain by holding back? The window of opportunity to enter into a plea bargain will close. As for his attorney, I think he would be advising him to talk by now. I think all this supports that he may be the wrong guy.

His history of sexual violence is rather condemning, in addition to the dna link to MH, imo.

Which is why it is so important to donate to these important entities. Most are all volunteer, including Dogs East. Look some of them up and send them a Christmas card with a check.

I do to TES. No matter what anyone's circumstance is even just a 5.00 donation adds up

I'm really intrigued by JM's interest in the Spotsylvania Greenways Facebook page. I know the area quite well, and there are plenty of off the map areas and woodsy areas that are not frequented, at all. I can only imagine why he would "like" such an area.

:thinking::thinking::thinking: About a year or so ago a body was found buried in a neighboring area. (no relation to this case). Just wanted to put that out there. Hope they find some more clues about where else to search, ugh. :(

When the FBI couldnt find the Green River Killer they made all sorts of predictions that he must be an evil genius.
Otherwise how could he evade detection for so long and claim the lives of 50+ women.
When we humans are defeated we tend to overestimate our opponents intellectual ability and wiles.

I lived in that part of VA. for awhile I know how many places around there could be used to hide a body or anything else.
Jesse is no genius he is a habitual underachiever who is too lazy to go to the extent of the killers portrayed on TV. We are not going to find a miniature model of C-Ville mall or a hidden dungeon torture chamber. He grabs a girl he beats the **** out of her he has his way with her and he dumps the body. If LE cant find the body it has more to do with the terrain than with Jesse's supposed smarts.

Post of the day. IMO

I'm really intrigued by JM's interest in the Spotsylvania Greenways Facebook page. I know the area quite well, and there are plenty of off the map areas and woodsy areas that are not frequented, at all. I can only imagine why he would "like" such an area.

:thinking::thinking::thinking: About a year or so ago a body was found buried in a neighboring area. (no relation to this case). Just wanted to put that out there. Hope they find some more clues about where else to search, ugh. :(

Would you alert LE to both of those, please, particularly if you know any specific areas of interest? They are aware he "liked" the page, but they may not be taking it too seriously, particularly given its distance and the time it would take to search it.

This is my first post, but I am a long time visitor to this site.
I don’t believe JM would have traveled this far to discard one of his victims. I believe it is just too far away and it only increases the chances of getting caught.

With that being said, I live in Spotsylvania and I did visit the Ni River Trails this past Sunday (Oct. 5th) with the sole purpose of seeing and/or smelling if HG might have been discarded here.

The following link will give you a good map and satellite image of the trail area and hopefully help you visualize what I am about to describe.
http://fambe.org/trail-map-viewer/salamander-loop-mountain-bike-trail/

Upon arriving to the parking area, I did notice turkey vultures circling above the south-west corner of the trails. Seeing this I decided to walk the trail at the south-western end nearest the farm pond. The trails are surrounded by very tall trees that provide a very thick canopy over top of the trails. In fact, if you look at a satellite image of the area you can’t make out any of the trails because of the canopy.

Looking at the illustrated map at fambe.org:
The trail I started on is at the south-west corner of the “farm pond” area. It starts where the “?” is. At the “?” area, I could hear a lot of crows squawking. I believe it as either a warning squawk or they were trying to chase the buzzards away. I walked about 130 steps down to the first yellow dot. The area of the first yellow dot is where I could hear that the squawking was coming from a south-westerly angle away from the first yellow dot. So I ventured about 20 yards until I could see the sky through the trees. There I could see the group of crows. They were in the tree tops to the west. They must have seen me because the whole group flew away in a south-easterly direction. Looking at the fambe.org satellite map, I believe I was looking towards the somewhat circular clearing. Beyond the clearing would be the rock quarry. I did not venture any further because it was private property. Other than the buzzards and the crows, I did not observe any- thing unusual.

Next, I walked back towards the farm pond and took my first left and walked the trail that eventually runs along the Ni River (it’s more like a big stream about 10-15 feet wide). This trail branches off before you get to the next “?” and is not highlighted on the map. This trail runs downhill and is mildly steep as it meets up with the Ni. I did not see or smell anything unusual on this portion of the trail. I walked it to the end. At one point when I was walking along the Ni, I could hear the crunching of gravel by a vehicle driving super slow on the other side of the river. It eventually stopped but I couldn’t see anything because of the trees. I then walked back to the parking area. I did not walk the upland trail (salamander loop) because I figured if you are carrying a body, you want to go downhill towards the swampy and river areas.

Back at the parking lot, I decided to check out the 4 sided wooden structure, that is supposed to hide a dumpster. There is no dumpster there but people do dump trash there anyway. There were a couple of small bags of trash, probably from someone’s vehicle. There was an unusually large pile of empty “Newport” hard back cigarette packs. It looked to be about 15-20 packs. This caught my eye because someone mentioned that JM might smoke.

Some background information on the area:

The Ni River Trails parking area is behind a vacant building that is for lease.

The building to the south of the parking area is the Spotsylvania School Board

The quarry behind the school board is not currently operating.

I visit the area to observe wildlife and to take pictures. I have visited the area around 15-20 times since it opened. I usually visit mid morning to early afternoon and I’ve seen other people there maybe 3 times (a total of about 6 people). These trails are not well known or well visited. In fact, on my Sunday visit the trails in some sections were starting to overgrow. I have seen deputies cruise around the vacant building 2 or 3 times on my visits.

Even though these trails are not well visited, I think you’d be taking a chance parking in the parking area at night and doing something illegal. My reasoning for this is that I am sure the School Board building and the High School on the other side of route 1 is driven by at least once a night by deputies. Also, it would be a good place for cops to lay low at night to fill out reports, make phone calls, take a break, etc…. If they get a call they can always say they are checking out the School Board building.

This is my opinion. I wouldn’t risk it, but then again I’m not a serial killer either.

I hope this clears some sleuthers questions about this area.

Update: I drove by the trail’s parking area Tuesday the 7th to see if the buzzards were still flying overhead and they were not.

I've attached this post here because you may have missed it. This gentleman had the same idea as you ValleyGirl21

I've been monitoring this board for quite some time, but have decided to join the conversation. Last year a young woman disappeared from my hometown. I had never met her, but participated in search efforts, as the case had a huge impact on me. As a result of my experience last year, Hannah's case resonates with me. I can't help but wonder whether someone has already found Hannah's phone. There's certainly a large market for broken cell phones. They are often sold online, as is (on craigslist or Ebay), for the parts. In addition, I've been reading recent reports on the search and find it odd that the focus is on "a lot of areas that are extremely difficult to get to." I can't help but think that if authorities are having trouble reaching these areas, then the suspect would have experienced considerable difficulty navigating the terrain as well...especially at night. Perhaps such terrain would have deterred the individual from choosing that particular location? I know that no stone should go unturned, but based on previous experience searching for a missing woman, low traffic, wooded areas in public parks (somewhat accessible by car) proved to be more feasible, as far as successful search and recovery.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I guess I must have missed that post. The OP makes some valid points about the area. The trails may not be a good area to commit a crime, being that the parking lot is in plane view. :thinking: I'm just concerned with his interest in Spotsy. I'll send in my tip for sure.

For anyone unfamiliar with Spotsylvania, the county is full of woods, as well as neighboring areas. Some areas can have families living on acres of property surrounded by woods, especially rural areas like Partlow. It just makes my skin crawl, knowing that he has some type of interest in this area!

Also, Spotsy is a little over an hour from C-ville. I'm not sure what is considered within a probable distance for a criminal to bury a body. Maybe Spotsylvania is too far? Perhaps.

I've attached this post here because you may have missed it. This gentleman had the same idea as you ValleyGirl21

I've been monitoring this board for quite some time, but have decided to join the conversation. Last year a young woman disappeared from my hometown. I had never met her, but participated in search efforts, as the case had a huge impact on me. As a result of my experience last year, Hannah's case resonates with me. I can't help but wonder whether someone has already found Hannah's phone. There's certainly a large market for broken cell phones. They are often sold online, as is (on craigslist or Ebay), for the parts. In addition, I've been reading recent reports on the search and find it odd that the focus is on "a lot of areas that are extremely difficult to get to." I can't help but think that if authorities are having trouble reaching these areas, then the suspect would have experienced considerable difficulty navigating the terrain as well...especially at night. Perhaps such terrain would have deterred the individual from choosing that particular location? I know that no stone should go unturned, but based on previous experience searching for a missing woman, low traffic, wooded areas in public parks (somewhat accessible by car) proved to be more feasible, as far as successful search and recovery.
Kudos to you for your search efforts. It would be my guess they have searched the "easier" locations. Have moved on to the more difficult. Seems JM had a vast knowledge of the area and terrain. And :Welcome1:

I'm glad your here to share your experience, and that you're interested. I hope you email this information and call in to LE as well. Thank you for pitching in.

I personally feel they need to cast the search net further than the 8 miles. Yet if you do that, then it opens the search to so much countryside, there aren't enough SAR.

When Alexis Murphy disappeared I began wondering if there is more than one person working by himself. Possibly a ring of people or a small group. Simply my opinion and something I've wondered. I'm not sure I'd call it sex trafficking. If something like this exists, I feel it's more local. But usually there are snitches in these sort of rings, but who knows. It's simply another possibility and not saying JM is part of this.

(In the past three weeks I've had two separate incidents in southwest VA. of men following me and parking their vehicles to watch to see what I did next. I'm a person who is very aware of my surroundings and I don't get spooked easily. But it was odd. And these small incidents not related to the search, I realize. But always be aware of who is around you. Who is watching you.)

I personally feel they need to cast the search net further than the 8 miles. Yet if you do that, then it opens the search to so much countryside, there aren't enough SAR.

When Alexis Murphy disappeared I began wondering if there is more than one person working by himself. Possibly a ring of people or a small group. Simply my opinion and something I've wondered. I'm not sure I'd call it sex trafficking. If something like this exists, I feel it's more local. But usually there are snitches in these sort of rings, but who knows. It's simply another possibility and not saying JM is part of this.

(In the past three weeks I've had two separate incidents in southwest VA. of men following me and parking their vehicles to watch to see what I did next. I'm a person who is very aware of my surroundings and I don't get spooked easily. But it was odd. And these small incidents not related to the search, I realize. But always be aware of who is around you. Who is watching you.)

Write down their license plates and description of everything right away!

As a local pointed out early in this case hunting season is on. Many a case a body/remains have been found by Hunters. Sometimes years later yet found. I pray little Hannah is found soon. Her Parents on camera brought me to my knees. Heartbreaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor