Hannah Graham: The Search - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of Travis Forbes, he first buried Kenia (After he stored her in a cooler at his work at the bakery or food delivery place where we worked!) He lit a fire in the alley to dispose of evidence). His other victim, he doused with bleach and lit on fire (she survived). I'm wondering if since MH was found, he chose a different disposal technique this time, particularly fire? It might be worth taking a look at Fire Department call logs...

I just wish there was someone who had seen JM after he left Tempo with Hannah
Some one who could say I saw him at X o'clock
He was last seen on video (AFAIK) after one

If LE knew when he was next seen, it may give them some idea of how far he may have traveled
Or how near

There very well could be. JM could have airtight alibis for all we know! LE chooses not to disclose it, nor they have to. The prosecutor and LE can seal all evidence until the arraignment date or until it goes to Grand Jury. That seems outrageous to me; how can anyone prepare an adequate defense? I just clarified this with a VA public defense lawyer, Todd Stone, who acts as a legal expert for a local TV station.

I find it strange that Hannah's friends seem to be under gag order. All their social media accounts are on lock down according to what someone else read. Even more odd is that Morgan Harrington's friends have not uttered a peep for five years! It seems LE holds all the cards in a criminal trial in VA and convictions on very weak circumstantial and forensic evidence are not uncommon. I can understand why JM is not talking. Or he may simply not know where Hannah is.

Speaking of Travis Forbes, he first buried Kenia (but lit a fire in the alley to dispose of evidence). His other victim, he doused with bleach and lit on fire (she survived). I'm wondering if since MH was found, he chose a different disposal technique this time, particularly fire? It might be worth taking a look at Fire Department call logs...

CPDtips@charlottesville.org :thinking:

Recently in the sports world the head of the NFL was attacked and it was suggested he resign when the media articles quoting him about a police source were found to be false. This mans life is at stake. This could be false information.

There is a LIVING witness - the 2005 Fairfax rape VICTIM and there is a forensic link to Morgan Harrington.

JLM is a violent, brutal rapist and murderer. He himself has proven that. There is no mistake. No false information.

I do not care if his mattress is uncomfortable or smelly, if his clothing is scratchy or too big/small/ugly, if he doesn't like the shower temperature, the soap, shampoo, etc., if his food is not tasty and he can't play internet poker or watch p*rn in jail. I don't care if Jesse, Al, Louis, Malik, and all the rest of the race baiters try to burn down Charlottesville - JLM ain't going nowhere.

It's a long time till December 4 and he has no possible chance of posting bond even after that. He's stuck, stuck, stuck. I'm so glad for every misery he suffers.

For the sake of completeness and to avoid tunnel vision why not consider JM is the king pin, the mastermind, of the sex industry in the area. All motels (all rooms ) checked for his and Hannah's DNA. If found then find the next motel link in the chain etc until hannah is found.IMO

One thing that has struck me in many cases is how often the mother/family refuses to help. I know it is a natural instinct to want to protect your own, but still...I'm not sure how cooperative the grandma has been here, but I've seen cases where the family is so tightlipped to the end, with no empathy for the victim's family. That's why when ARS' mother turned her own son in for Jessica Ridgeway's murder, it was monumental and so admirable imo.

I wish we could interview JM's grandma, so many questions for her...

As a normal person, I agree. I really don't get how the family doesn't step up and help LE get to the bottom of it.
:thinking:
As a mom, I can understand. I cannot phathom finding out that my son might be a serial killer. There has GOT to be stages of grief going on with this...denial, anger, etc. It's got to be such a "mind ******" to be presented with such information, and it must feel like it happens so quickly, all of a sudden. Of course I believe they should help LE. But I can really get where they might be, emotionally, mentally. I bet denial lasts a good long while in these situations. :(

All that being said, I believe I would be BEGGING my child to talk to LE to clear his name, to help the case in finding the missing girl. Are they doing that? Because if you think your kid is innocent, the next thing to do would be to get him out of jail and his name cleared...

Speaking of Travis Forbes, he first buried Kenia (After he stored her in a cooler at his work at the bakery or food delivery place where we worked!) He lit a fire in the alley to dispose of evidence). His other victim, he doused with bleach and lit on fire (she survived). I'm wondering if since MH was found, he chose a different disposal technique this time, particularly fire? It might be worth taking a look at Fire Department call logs...

Didn't LE take a bunch of cleaning supplies from JMs apartment? I seem to remember that.

There very well could be. JM could have airtight alibis for all we know! LE chooses not to disclose it, nor they have to. The prosecutor and LE can seal all evidence until the arraignment date or until it goes to Grand Jury. That seems outrageous to me; how can anyone prepare an adequate defense? I just clarified this with a VA public defense lawyer, Todd Stone, who acts as a legal expert for a local TV station.

I find it strange that Hannah's friends seem to be under gag order. All their social media accounts are on lock down according to what someone else read. Even more odd is that Morgan Harrington's friends have not uttered a peep for five years! It seems LE holds all the cards in a criminal trial in VA and convictions on very weak circumstantial and forensic evidence are not uncommon. I can understand why JM is not talking. Or he may simply not know where Hannah is.
BBM. Why do you think that?

For the sake of completeness and to avoid tunnel vision why not consider JM is the king pin, the mastermind, of the sex industry in the area. All motels (all rooms ) checked for his and Hannah's DNA. If found then find the next motel link in the chain etc until hannah is found.IMO

Jesse might be the muscle and abduction agent, but he's not a kingpin or mastermind of a sex trafficking ring. I hope if there is one, they are caught. [modsnip]

Maybe LE needs to use grandma as the bargaining chip, put some pressure on her for not calling LE, that may cause him to crack.

I don't understand why his defense Atty doesn't go in there and insist he tell where Hannah can be found. If he had a conscience he would do that.

I don't understand why his defense Atty doesn't go in there and insist he tell where Hannah can be found. If he had a conscience he would do that.

From what I learned 32 years ago with my brother's murder, a lot of Defense lawyers kinda separate themselves emotionally from their client and simply advise based on the State laws and the Constitution. I bet he has invoked his Fifth Amendment Right. I am sure the Attorney has a conscience, but he has been hired/appointed to represent the rights of his client.

That said, I wish JM had a conscience and would reveal what happened with Hannah after they left Tempo, whatever that may be.

Welcome Spotsydude! :welcome5:

O/T:

Ni River, Spotsylvania, I remember these names--IIRC there was an unsolved potential child abduction there? Going back to look...

eta: here it is:
VA- Unidentified 12-year-old abducted in Spotsylvania, 4 July 2013
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?214597-VA-Unidentified-12-year-old-abducted-in-Spotsylvania-4-July-2013

And there was an attempted child abduction 30 miles north, right off 95, in 2013. The description of the assailant sounds a little familiar (all the way down to the crocs):

Lookout:
Black male, between 30 & 40 years of age, 5’10”, with a muscular build, dark complexion, long, shoulder length dreads or braids, and no facial hair
Last seen wearing a black t-shirt, black sweatpants, and black Croc style shoes

http://www.pwcgov.org/government/dept/police/Documents/03.25.2013 - Attempted Abduction.pdf

Wasn't aware there was voluminous evidence? All we know is that LE has a forensic link between MH and HG. If I recall correctly, they had to search JM's car a second time just to find evidence to support the Abduction charge. They just.p needed enough to show probable cause which is not difficult to establish from what I read. A forensic link could be a fiber from HG found in JM's car or apartment. Even a hair exchange...in the absence of a body it is very weak as this exchange can be explained by their contact on the mall.

bbm - Soooo.... this guy - who just *happens* to have TWO maybe THREE rape accusations - Who has some kind of forensic link to a murder victim who is linked to ANOTHER rape/brutal attack victim - who the very night Hannah disappeared was acting inappropriately with women in another bar - SOMEHOW gets one of Hannah's hair on his person and it is then deposited in his car which is then FOUND by LE .... and he is innocent but RUNS from the police and drives to Texas because of what is happening in Ferguson, Missouri. If you say so but pretty far fetched to me - I'm a firm believer in "past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior"....everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

IF his DNA is a match. We don't yet know that it is.

That's what LE has said. They got DNA after the arrest and made the match to both cases.

Wonder if JLM left new 'DNA' on MH's body when/if he went back there to remember/re-experience the kill/thrill?

When the FBI couldnt find the Green River Killer they made all sorts of predictions that he must be an evil genius.
Otherwise how could he evade detection for so long and claim the lives of 50+ women.
When we humans are defeated we tend to overestimate our opponents intellectual ability and wiles.

I lived in that part of VA. for awhile I know how many places around there could be used to hide a body or anything else.
Jesse is no genius he is a habitual underachiever who is too lazy to go to the extent of the killers portrayed on TV. We are not going to find a miniature model of C-Ville mall or a hidden dungeon torture chamber. He grabs a girl he beats the **** out of her he has his way with her and he dumps the body. If LE cant find the body it has more to do with the terrain than with Jesse's supposed smarts.

That's what LE has said. They got DNA after the arrest and made the match to both cases.

Wonder if JLM left new 'DNA' on MH's body when/if he went back there to remember/re-experience the kill/thrill?

Careful. That's what CNN (and some other sources) are saying that "a law enforcement source" is saying as of 9/29 - he was arrested 9/24. No one from LE has been quoted as saying that. VSP has called it a "forensic link" to MH. Not DNA to both.

I think we all certainly hope it's JM's DNA that matches both crimes. But if it is, why have they not announced that, why have they not announced he is connected to Fairfax, and why have they not charged him in both MH's and Fairfax's cases?

We could quit arguing it if they'd just come out and say it! But they haven't. :tantrum:

Question, if JM is already in custody, how would finding Hannah help potentially save other lives? tia :wave:

Because there would be more evidence obtained and the charges would be elevated to murder. Even with Morgan's remains being found months later according to the Harringtons the suspect left DNA behind at the disposal site and according to the VA-State Police there is a forensic link tying him to not only Morgan's case but the rape of 2005..

So if Hannah is found in the same period of time or sooner than Morgan was found they can make sure he is tried for abduction and murder in her case.

They will eventually charge him with the 2005 rape and for Morgan's murder. They don't have to rush into anything since he is already in jail without bond on Hannah's case.

IMO, they will go for the death penalty on Morgan's case when charges are finally filed. But Hannah deserves justice and her day in court too and any other victim that happened to cross paths with JM in the past.

So if Hannah is found it just is another insurance marker that protects the citizens of C-Ville from ever having to deal with him again and if HG is found then he will be tried for two murders. He will most likely get the DP on both charges if convicted.

That way his chances of ever seeing daylight is nil, imo. If they decide to try him on the two cases individually it will mean he has to overcome two death sentences on appeal instead of one if he is convicted of both and I do think he will be.

I already think the young women in the area are safer just by him being locked up finally but finding Hannah's remains would be another nail in his coffin making it harder and harder for him to ever be free again.

Of course one day there will be another predator to take his place but for now at least HE will not be the one doing it.

IMO

My understanding of what is happening now is they are searching water with divers and using whatever resources they can find to go over the 4,000+ tips. This was implied in the 200 briefing yesterday.

But how many of those 4000 tips include credible suggestions about where to search? If any of them were, they would have found Hannah by now.

The fact that they are waiting a month to finally go over all the tips tells me they must not have much confidence in most of them. The most essential ones are looked at right away, and the rest just pile up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett