DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trading Post
3017 Monacan Trail Rd, North Garden, VA 22959, United States
(434) 296-2932

ETA: It's a gas station very, very close to where JLM attended elementary school on Red Hill School Road.

I wonder if it has video?

Gilamon:

Are you familiar with The Trading Post? Do you know what hours they are open?

Whoa. I had not thought of this. And I have been offline for a few day in terms of following this thread. I did not recall that MH remains were found at a site of that description. And I don't know if this is a goofy theory. But, It is easy enough for me to check first thing in the morning for any signs.

I cannot get an article to paste on here!

This summer, there was a court ruling that LE must get warrants. Sure takes a long time!!

post in progress / example of cell phone warrants from Jessica Ridgeway's case:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/25/justice/supreme-court-cell-phones/

Washington (CNN) -- The Supreme Court on Wednesday unanimously ruled that police may not search the cell phones of criminal suspects upon arrest without a warrant -- a sweeping endorsement for privacy rights.

By a 9-0 vote, the justices said smart phones and other electronic devices were not in the same category as wallets, briefcases, and vehicles -- all currently subject to limited initial examination by law enforcement.

Thanks.

Isn't it surprising for how long it takes?

I live in C'ville and was driving home today and saw 20 or so searchers with vests on that say "Police" walking along Georgetown Road (which is the road that JM's apt is directly off of) with dogs and sticks searching the underbrush adjacent to the road. Also saw 3 police cars go by me during that time. Not sure if this is meaningful but thought it was worth mentioning since I'm sure they have already searched that area before. Not sure what led them in large number to go back and search again. Hope they find her soon

Perhaps they didn't realize it was private property. If it was unmarked, that's quite possible. Around here, to keep "trespassers" off, you have to mark it private/no trespassing every x number of feet/yards.

It is true we don't have it posted.

I live in C'ville and was driving home today and saw 20 or so searchers with vests on that say "Police" walking along Georgetown Road (which is the road that JM's apt is directly off of) with dogs and sticks searching the underbrush adjacent to the road. Also saw 3 police cars go by me during that time. Not sure if this is meaningful but thought it was worth mentioning since I'm sure they have already searched that area before. Not sure what led them in large number to go back and search again. Hope they find her soon

I can attest to this as the dog handler indicated to me that he had searched an area with the bloodhound that had led them back to his home (or within 3/10 of mile). SO they had nothing at that point because of course his scent would be around.

Let's hope he's not been wicked enough to have gone to that remote place, turned his phone on, and then left again with nothing left behind.

Is he smart and smug enough to do that?

Even if that's what he did here - that ping with that timestamp reduces the search radius. So even if he played with LE that way, he shot himself in his own foot doing so.

Just catching up, so has this been answered?

I see the encouraging post from a landowner S of Charlottesville (thank you for that info and for joining us!).

I didn't see anything yet, was keeping an eye out for it.

I can attest to this as the dog handler indicated to me that he had searched an area with the bloodhound that had led them back to his home (or within 3/10 of mile). SO they had nothing at that point because of course his scent would be around.

Our location was his sixth location of the day according to him. He felt the dog was done. That was why they were staying tonight, and I hope, searching that location tomorrow. That is, if the veracity of pings is accurate, time-stamped, etc, which I don't know. Can someone clarify how this technology can be used in a situation like this?

Not sure if this is important, but LE keeps saying things about his fishing places. Well..... Anchorage Farm is very near that Blandemar Farm Pond about one-quarter mile.... so well within easy walking distance (1/4th mile) from Morgan's body was found. If you go the 14 miles toward Heards, there is an orchard that has a state road that runs out, then to dirt. I would guess there are farm fence gates, etc... but there is also a big farm pond close by...farm2.jpg

Thanks.

Isn't it surprising for how long it takes?

I was thinking they got his pretty quick; he was charged with her abduction on 9/24? That's less than a month to obtain the warrant and then analyze the data and pinpoint this area as pinged. I have no idea how long it takes to go through the data and match up cell pings, but I would imagine it's not a quick process.

I agree especially in JMs case. I truly think this was just another way for him to blend in and be seen as unassuming. A 'good guy' still going to church like his grandma probably raised him to do as a child growing up. Always wanting to keep up that front/mask that 'he was not the one' LE was looking for.

I watched JM very closely during his hearing in Texas and then of course we saw his mug shot. I didn't see one ounce of remorse in his eyes or behavior. I saw a cockiness, aloofness and icy coldness. Imo, he even smirked for his mug shot. This man has no conscience and I think that can be judged by past behavior. He rapes in 2002 and if he really was remorseful he wouldn't have gone on to rape another victim 9 months later.

And I don't think he genuinely had any remorse when he punched the lawyer in the jaw either. What he is good at is manipulating others so that he has the advantage. By pretending to be contrite he knew there was a very good chance the guy wouldn't press charges. That way he knew he was safe, for then anyhow, and his DNA wouldn't be entered into CODIS without an assault conviction. I believe that is why he got away with horrific violent crimes for as long as he did. JM could be as smooth as silk on the exterior when he needed to be but underneath he has no ability to have compassion and empathy for anyone especially his selected victims.

However; past environments during his childhood could be linked to where he has disposed of Hannah's body. Maybe it was an out of the way very rural country church. Maybe the church is no longer standing but old graves are still there.

Wherever his 'bone yard' is it is personally connected to him somehow. The problem with JM though he has lived in that area all of his life and trying to find that area and why he would select it over others is unknown even to the profilers that I know must be assisting Longo and the teams as they search. IMO.
I've thought this couple times so decided to post. What if when JM punched guy, he immediately figured it could lead to him getting caught like you say. Maybe he offered to drive guy to hospital figuring maybe he would get rid of him once he was in his car, trying to decide as they drove to hospital, and finally convinced guy maybe wansnt gonna call police but evidually did. Bet he regretted that but eventually got charges dropped. This guy must have had a horseshoe in his ... as many times as he got away with stuff before his luck ran out

Gilamon, had you searched your property prior to today? Have you talked with any neighbors...do you know if the area is searching? 14 miles is not far... I hope everyone is doing what LE is asking...and searching their own land.

BREAKING TONIGHT in Roanoke. a body has been found in the Roanoke River. Roanoke County Police have not yet released any details. The body has not yet been publicly identified in any way. Police report having been called to the Roanoke River Overlook at milepost 115 on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

It is true we don't have it posted.
From what you stated earlier about location, perhaps you aren't too far from the state forest land and Wintergreen? If so, that's not an easy area to search at all. :( Really, really beautiful (thinking Rte. 6 and Rte. 151), but some of those roads are really treacherous, and I can't imagine trying to cover that territory on foot. Some kids from my high school died on the road back from Wintergreen in the '80s. Very mountainous with thick, lush green undergrowth everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo