Hannah Graham: The Search - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:welcome::welcome:

I'm glad your daughter is safe!

What do you mean by "Shady Grady"? I've not heard of that yet.

I do think that someone he worked with told the media that he was quiet the week after Hannah went missing. He ate alone at lunch which was unusual according to this coworker.

I don't think he brought Hannah to the hospital to hide her. There's too much security at a hospital. I think he stuck to the woods as he has in the past, but there was definitely lots of speculation about his access at the hospital at the beginning of the case

Thanks, justwannahelp, we're so glad she's safe too! As we looked at the map of HG's path that fateful night, my daughter mentioned a convenience store on Grady Avenue that is extremely sketchy...she said that she and her roomies wouldn't go there alone, even in the daylight. And they definitely NEVER went there after dark, whether alone or not! The nickname that the students have for this store is 'Shady Grady'.
I now recall the discussions you mentioned that JM was very quiet the week after HG went missing. Just wondering if there would be any type of clues in the hospital, but I guess that's far fetched and now I'll go take myself back to obsessively reading what you awesome sleuthers come up with!

They are transitioning from doing radius searches to specific areas where they have received viable leads. They already did the 8 mile radius of C''Ville. Also, I believe Quantico is coming in to aid in the search with more specific information. This may or may not mean that they received back information requested from JM's phone. JMO

I'm not trying to question you, and the part about Quantico is coming in is certainly reasonable, but I like to keep things straight in my head so do you know that from a level higher than speculation or rumor. The mods don't want rumors posted, for me personally I can even tolerate rumors and certainly speculation but I think its really important that they are labeled as such.

I'm not trying to question you, and the part about Quantico is coming in is certainly reasonable, but I like to keep things straight in my head so do you know that from a level higher than speculation or rumor. The mods don't want rumors posted, for me personally I can even tolerate rumors and certainly speculation but I think its really important that they are labeled as such.

That info was linked earlier in this thread.

If it's the cool front that we just got in Louisiana. It blew through pretty quickly. It was windy all day, but the rain and lightning only lasted 2 hours. So hopefully it won't stop them for too long. The winds were very strong, however.

cold weather doesn't move in that direction. It stormed here pretty good but Monroe took a beating, tornados and the like.

Edit: never mind about the weather direction i'm an idiot.... front is moving much more west to east than north to south. Sorry.

Generally, three weeks seems to be about the maximum for these intense searches, and then it is based on tip or new information only. Even with Kyron and other kids, they did this and then searches occasionally over the following years. They just can't keep it up with a decent tip to follow.

Also locals can go unverified I believe but not if they want to contribute insider-type info Imo.

I'm sure I heard it on one of the broadcasts I posted earlier today. With that, I'll impose on you to go back in thread to see it. Most like from this afternoon. hope that helps.

This is really interesting. Before I rescued scent hounds (mostly beagle types), I would have assumed that scent carries more the hotter it is, but my experience with my non-SAR dogs is that they go WIILLLDD with scents when the first chill of fall comes. WILD! Actually it's very hard to walk them when they are like that!

Love your "name"!!! I also rescue hounds - Bloodhounds and Black & Tans. I agree - they love to sniff when that chill is in the air. So that is a good thing in this search for Hannah - after this rain I expect the temps to drop a bit. I'm guessing they are less likely to become overheated and search more energetically....humidity affects them as well.

cold weather doesn't move in that direction. It stormed here pretty good but Monroe took a beating, tornados and the like.

Edit: never mind about the weather direction i'm an idiot.... front is moving much more west to east than north to south. Sorry.

right. they'll get the same cool front we had around Wednesday I'm guessing. Not sure if they are expected to get the tornadoes as some places did today in TXLaArk.

Rolo

After looking at the series of maps linked in ksj3's post #1235 on page 50 and the map linked by FindHG above,I am struck by several things. Realizing that distances are deceptive in these overhead views it still seems very strange to me that MH's body was left so relatively close to residences on Anchorage Farm in a fairly open area when much more dense coverage is so nearby. And the map of the general area around Heard's Mtn is very dense. So how to pick a spot in the middle of these particular areas. Looking at the location where MH was found I think a very important element is access to water, preferably moving water. This gives additional noise insulation, provides a landmark/path to follow for finding the spot and returning to it, and most importantly provides a place for the perpetrator to clean up after the fact. And moving water would immediately disperse any mess from his cleaning up. With the brutality of the attacks JM is linked to it is quite certain he would need to wash up/rinse off before returning to his vehicle. A pond would not disperse evidence quite as quickly/thoroughly. I think proximity to a creek or river might be a way to limit some of these searches of enormous properties. JMO And thanks to the posters who have linked to the maps. Visuals can elicit new ideas...

I wanted to bring this post over since I think it outlines great search potentials

right. they'll get the same cool front we had around Wednesday I'm guessing. Not sure if they are expected to get the tornadoes as some places did today in TXLaArk.

Virginia doesn't really get tornadoes...too hilly. FYI.

They are transitioning from doing radius searches to specific areas where they have received viable leads. They already did the 8 mile radius of C''Ville. Also, I believe Quantico is coming in to aid in the search with more specific information. This may or may not mean that they received back information requested from JM's phone. JMO

That info was linked earlier in this thread.

I'm sure I heard it on one of the broadcasts I posted earlier today. With that, I'll impose on you to go back in thread to see it. Most like from this afternoon. hope that helps.

i found it so i guess the issue is that it was simply stated that the students from the academy expressed interest in searching as in boots on the ground (i.e. I read it to say they are offering man power not offsite technical assistance b/c they are talking about have to feed them). This is no way shape or form has anything to do with cell phone pings.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/26774799/group-collects-supplies-food-for-crews-searching-for-hannah-graham

Charlottesville Police Chief Tim Longo says the FBI's national academy class in Quantico has expressed interest in joining the search this weekend. That could mean hundreds of searchers to feed and supply.

My issue is more with the mention of quantico used to support that the pings are verified which I don't think it does.

Rolo

After looking at the series of maps linked in ksj3's post #1235 on page 50 and the map linked by FindHG above,I am struck by several things. Realizing that distances are deceptive in these overhead views it still seems very strange to me that MH's body was left so relatively close to residences on Anchorage Farm in a fairly open area when much more dense coverage is so nearby. And the map of the general area around Heard's Mtn is very dense. So how to pick a spot in the middle of these particular areas. Looking at the location where MH was found I think a very important element is access to water, preferably moving water. This gives additional noise insulation, provides a landmark/path to follow for finding the spot and returning to it, and most importantly provides a place for the perpetrator to clean up after the fact. And moving water would immediately disperse any mess from his cleaning up. With the brutality of the attacks JM is linked to it is quite certain he would need to wash up/rinse off before returning to his vehicle. A pond would not disperse evidence quite as quickly/thoroughly. I think proximity to a creek or river might be a way to limit some of these searches of enormous properties. JMO And thanks to the posters who have linked to the maps. Visuals can elicit new ideas...

I wanted to bring this post over since I think it outlines great search potentials

can you bring over her map link? what thread is it in? there's so many that I get so confused

search thread #3, the map link is post #1235 I think

ETA: nope it looks like that or those maps are gone
I wish I knew how to pull posts forward. My initial one with the link below remains intact. It's FindHG's map that must be gone.
--

http://persiflage.proboards.com/thread/27
If you haven't seen it, the site above is a fabulous piece of work with maps and aerials of where MH was found and various options of routes to have gotten her there. Great note was made of MH having been placed "with intent" and him having had to overcome great obstacles including a creek and barbed wire fences and quite a trek through the woods.

The description Gilamon gives above of JM's options if Hannah is to be found in this area aren't much different.

[Completely as an aside, I was surprised she wasn't any closer to dense woods than she was (there is some potential thought that she was pushed out of a treeline because of heavy melting snow, rather than having been placed in the field where she was found - but either way, she wasn't in dense woods).]

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...h-Graham-The-Search-3&p=11080258#post11080258

Question for locals; what's at the end of Heards Mountain Trail? A cell tower? TV antennas? Electric line towers?

I imagine that area has been searched, it just seems like an area few people would go to regularly.

In thread #3 a fellow poster was researching local family cemeteries on properties. I was also doing this and would love to know who that poster is as i cant remember.

^
I haven't seen this discussed. In terms of a location to search, what if he wanted to have sex with an unconscious girl?

Drugging or asphyxiation?

A clearing or clearing nearby may be something you would find, if that is the case.

;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member