Hannah Graham: The Search - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very surprising they didn't say something...especially considering there was $150,000 to be had. Honestly, that's why I don't believe they really thought he looked like the sketch.

Then again we don't know what they said to law enforcement and what kind of tips they might have called in.

I think thatis dumb a heavy storm is coming in wed they need to search tomorrow.

Seems like it doesn't do much good to just send people out to randomly wander over bits of land, though. If they've finished the circle, they probably do need to regroup and analyze. Besides reviewing the data from those aerial cameras they've mentioned, they'd want to go over their maps again and see whether they missed any spots. And that's not counting the tips and followups on those.

Not to mention that the searchers are probably about ready to collapse after so many long days in a row covering often difficult terrain. And the emotional strain. I stand in awe of their thoroughness and dedication. Great work.

"How do you remove the external battery pack from iPhone 4S
store.apple.com › ... › Cases, Armbands & Films
Apple Store
The same way you do from the 3 or 4 - slide the top and bottom coponents apart ..."
:dunno:​
http://store.apple.com/us/question/...battery-pack-from-iphone-4s/QDH77JKFYCHYCYKAX

That's an after market product, I believe. Water is the surest thing to destroy an iPhone battery, I did my iPhone 5 in... Dropped it in the toilet and in about 30 seconds, lost it forever. (Rice didn't work).

Unless he threw it in the river, or something with water, there may be some valuable pings....

The search will be intensified wow to that. Chief Longo is one wonderful man and he is so intense on finding Hannah and returning her to her parents.

I believe her parents are from England so this has to be particularly stressful being away from their support group of friends and family.

With that said their staying in Charlottesville has to be a huge encouragement to law enforcement.

Ot they have lived in the US since Hannah was five, I believe.

"How do you remove the external battery pack from iPhone 4S
store.apple.com › ... › Cases, Armbands & Films
Apple Store
The same way you do from the 3 or 4 - slide the top and bottom coponents apart ..."
:dunno:​
http://store.apple.com/us/question/...battery-pack-from-iphone-4s/QDH77JKFYCHYCYKAX

Thats an external battery, not the phone's actual battery. The battery is located inside the phone, very difficult to take it out.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iPhone+5s+Battery+Replacement/19239

OK I'll continue where I left off. People were starting to discuss the effect of weather on the search/search dogs, and I wanted to chime in with this:

http://www.vetstreet.com/our-pet-exp...detection-dogs

Positive excerpt: Ideal conditions for an HHRD search: temperatures between 40 F and 75 F, high humidity, a moist ground and a light breeze.

This is really interesting. Before I rescued scent hounds (mostly beagle types), I would have assumed that scent carries more the hotter it is, but my experience with my non-SAR dogs is that they go WIILLLDD with scents when the first chill of fall comes. WILD! Actually it's very hard to walk them when they are like that!

This is really interesting. Before I rescued scent hounds (mostly beagle types), I would have assumed that scent carries more the hotter it is, but my experience with my non-SAR dogs is that they go WIILLLDD with scents when the first chill of fall comes. WILD! Actually it's very hard to walk them when they are like that!

Moisture and humidity definitely do intensify smells. Call me crazy, but I have a VERY sensitive nose, and I don't like to eat meat outside because of it. I tell my husband that I can smell life in my food if I eat it outside and that is gross. Lol. It's so hard to describe, but it's VERY humid in South Louisiana and the humidity definitely intensifies smells.

"End This Nightmare": Hannah Graham's Parents Release Statement One Month After Daughter's Disappearance (6:39pm today)
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/End-This-Nightmare-Hannah-Grahams-Parents-279017771.html

"The quest for clues in Graham’s disappearance has turned to more pointed searches prompted by leads from the investigation." (10:30 pm)
http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/l...cle_18240982-534a-11e4-a67d-001a4bcf6878.html

One month review of search (10:45 pm)
http://www.wsls.com/story/26776509/one-month-since-hannah-graham-disappeared

Sorry, this is a re-post brief of Coy Barefoot with CNN today, but it shows hope to find Hannah Graham touches many
http://www.kingsofbeats.com/v3/hannah-graham-missing-for-one-month/

I think I'm the only person who REALLY thinks he looks like that sketch. In fact, I think that is one of the best sketches of a perp I've seen in a while.

Believe me, you are NOT alone.

When I saw that sketch even before JM was arrested the hairs on the back of my neck stood up and gave me a chill down my spine.:eek: I knew THEN they had finally found the suspect that they had long been looking for that looked just like the sketch.

Take away the dreads and take away the other facial hair on his cheeks, leaving the moustache, and goatee, and its a dead ringer for JM and how he looked back then.

It still chills me when I look at it even now.

I think I'm the only person who REALLY thinks he looks like that sketch. In fact, I think that is one of the best sketches of a perp I've seen in a while.

I completely agree with you - I think JM (pre-dreads and weight gain) looks exactly like the original sketch, before the computer generated version that was released after MH's murder. But I do believe this post belongs in the "What do we know about JM" thread. We don't want this one taken down due to off-topic posts. This has to stay related to the search for HG or it might be deleted again, and no one wants that.:please:

Which is why, for equestrians, foxhunting season begins in the fall. Damp days, cool with not too much wind allow for scent to be picked up more easily IMO. As to the problem of leaves falling - while it may temporarily cover the ground, it will be easier for objects to be seen from above without a full canopy of leaves on trees.

I recently found WS, and have been obsessively reading as much as possible about HG. Like many, I feel such a connection to this case. To further my connection, my daughter very closely fits the description of HG. My daughter is 5'11" with very long, light brown hair, skinny build. And she just graduated from UVa this past May. Her house was literally 1-1/2 blocks from where MH's shirt was found, she volunteered at Martha Jefferson, she knows about 'Shady Grady' where Hannah was seen walking. Her name is even very similar to HG...gives me chills to think about, and makes my heart hurt for HG, her parents, family and friends. I can only hope and pray that she is found, and soon.

All that to say, and I'm not certain if this is where this question should be posted, but as my first post on WS, please go easy on me :) With all of the searching around the Cville area, has there been any word if there were any searches done in the hospital where JM worked? And has it been stated whether JM went to work at all during the week been 9/13 when HG went missing, and 9/19 when the search warrant was issued? I may have missed discussions of these questions in earlier HG threads, but IF JM went to work that week, would he have had access/opportunity to do something with HG? (I hate to even write that, and if it's inappropriate, please delete.)

Moisture and humidity definitely do intensify smells. Call me crazy, but I have a VERY sensitive nose, and I don't like to eat meat outside because of it. I tell my husband that I can smell life in my food if I eat it outside and that is gross. Lol. It's so hard to describe, but it's VERY humid in South Louisiana and the humidity definitely intensifies smells.

I have a very sensitive nose too.

I cant put things in my crockpot and let them cook through the night. The smell going through all of the house nauseates me.

I have smelled the smell of death of decomposing humans twice in my life. One was an accident when my neighbor hit his head on the tub and had been there a week before found. We thought he was gone with his wife somewhere when we did not see him but every time I took the trash out I could smell this sweet sick putrid smell. That was the first time but later on when we owned our grocery store one of our best customers went missing at the lake right down from our store and when they found him two weeks later... I was down at the dock when they brought him in. It was horrible...just horrible. :( I hope I never have to smell that putrid smell ever again. I can just think about it and the smell returns like it is locked forever in my sinus cavity.

Even a dead horse doesn't give off the same type of smell as decomposing humans. I have read it is to do with a human being's diet that is what makes it so pungent as the body breaks down.

IMO

What does this mean/how should the bold be interpreted? - quoted from CNN article

""The search for Hannah is currently in a transition stage," Eggeman said Friday.
Jesse Matthew's cab seized
The city of Charlottesville is in charge as of Monday, taking over from the Department of Emergency Management, with a different focus and change in strategy.
Eggeman said experts are still investigating tips and leads and are analyzing some imaging taken from a specialized camera mounted on board a private plane. The plane was donated to the search effort from Woolpert Inc."

IMO it mean they are coming to the realization that they can not search like this forever. They and we have to accept that they've made a way way way beyond good faith effort, and the states emergency management resources (that seem to be doing lots of the searching) are going to(maybe already have) demobilize. C'ville police with take charge now organizing searches when credible information comes forward just like in any other investigation. I wish it wasn't the case but I get it you can't just search full time forever.

I recently found WS, and have been obsessively reading as much as possible about HG. Like many, I feel such a connection to this case. To further my connection, my daughter very closely fits the description of HG. My daughter is 5'11" with very long, light brown hair, skinny build. And she just graduated from UVa this past May. Her house was literally 1-1/2 blocks from where MH's shirt was found, she volunteered at Martha Jefferson, she knows about 'Shady Grady' where Hannah was seen walking. Her name is even very similar to HG...gives me chills to think about, and makes my heart hurt for HG, her parents, family and friends. I can only hope and pray that she is found, and soon.

All that to say, and I'm not certain if this is where this question should be posted, but as my first post on WS, please go easy on me :) With all of the searching around the Cville area, has there been any word if there were any searches done in the hospital where JM worked? And has it been stated whether JM went to work at all during the week been 9/13 when HG went missing, and 9/19 when the search warrant was issued? I may have missed discussions of these questions in earlier HG threads, but IF JM went to work that week, would he have had access/opportunity to do something with HG? (I hate to even write that, and if it's inappropriate, please delete.)

:welcome::welcome:

I'm glad your daughter is safe!

What do you mean by "Shady Grady"? I've not heard of that yet.

I do think that someone he worked with told the media that he was quiet the week after Hannah went missing. He ate alone at lunch which was unusual according to this coworker.

I don't think he brought Hannah to the hospital to hide her. There's too much security at a hospital. I think he stuck to the woods as he has in the past, but there was definitely lots of speculation about his access at the hospital at the beginning of the case

Thank you for being here, and posting as well. Most here appreciate that you're participating, I may be safe to assume.

From what I recall, based on press reports, and threads elsewhere, there was a team of forensic searchers at the hospital early in the search process. It sounds like, again, from tidbits in the press, anon sources news has filtered out that his colleagues there may indeed be cooperating. I hope you stick around, as somebody who can help with knowledge of the area. It will also serve to re-assure others to participate. So many people want to help the Grahams find Hannah. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak