Hannah Graham: The Search - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I'm new to WS and am still catching up but have been really impressed by everyone's insights and analyses!

Anyway, I've been doing some genealogy searching and was able to find his grandfather's name but I'm not going to post it (against forum rules). However, it appears that he was buried in what was formerly called the Carr Family Cemetery, which (I think) is now part of the Ivy Creek Natural Area in Charlottesville. If you look it up, you can see that that area is just over a mile away from Albemarle High School (where I believe JM attended high school prior to transferring to Monticello... does anyone else remember reading this somewhere?).

Ivy Creek Natural Area is not only right by Ivy Creek, but also the South Fork of the Rivanna River.

FWIW, here are some other nearby cemeteries that appear to be associated with the family:
Rose Hill Cemetery
Oakwood Cemetery
Chapman Grove Baptist Church Cemetery

IMO/MOO
Nicely done!

No problem! Have you listened to the podcast yet?

Just now. More of the same. Focus is on finding Hannah. Tips are slowing. They planned to search Wed. but that's been pushed to Thurs. due to weather. No comment on cooperation or lack of, from JM. People who have searched their property and continue to do so are appreciated. 8 mile radius is complete, they may double back on a few areas to be sure they were searched thoroughly.

IMO, doesn't seem like they've gotten much from the search but I may be a glass half empty type of person :(

ETA: No scaling back of search. Tips are still welcome and appreciated.

Just now. More of the same. Focus is on finding Hannah. Tips are slowing. They planned to search Wed. but that's been pushed to Thurs. due to weather. No comment on cooperation or lack of, from JM. People who have searched their property and continue to do so are appreciated. 8 mile radius is complete, they may double back on a few areas to be sure they were searched thoroughly.

IMO, doesn't seem like they've gotten much from the search but I may be a glass half empty type of person :(

Was he asked whether JM is cooperating? If so, no comment often means something (different than either yes or no).

Was he asked whether JM is cooperating? If so, no comment often means something (different than either yes or no).

Yes, Les Sinclair asked Capt. Pleasants directly if JM was cooperating. Capt. Pleasants said I can't comment on that right now.

ETA: Completely MOO...but it sounded more like a, "you know I can't comment on that right now."

Trying for first time to post a map.
Don't know if this map is helpful... I can't quite figure out what we'd do with it, but I'm new here and I know many of you can sleuth all kinds of kinds! I've poked around a bit on his community group on f/b and with regards to his fishing it appears he had a group of "fishing buddies". In particular Bass fishing. Under the map are also 2 links to popular Bass fishing areas in/near Charlottesville.

I don't know if it's against rules to link a fishing forum, so mods please delete of course if off-limits. But I found some interesting location information among the conversations. If the second link is not allowed and gets snipped, it's inside a "Bassresources" website.

View attachment 61289
(go here to zoom and if you can't get the screen shot: http://www.hookandbullet.com/s/fishing-virginia/

http://charlottesville.avenuerealty...and-your-son-to-go-fishing-in-charlottesville

http://www.bassresource.com/bass-fishing-forums/topic/45287-charlottesville-va-fishing-spots/
This one lists Ragged Mt. Lake as a good one for bass

Sounds like a tip to me.

I wonder if the Bass farm was kind of subconscious

Yes, Les Sinclair asked Capt. Pleasants directly if JM was cooperating. Capt. Pleasants said I can't comment on that right now.

ETA: Completely MOO...but it sounded more like a, "you know I can't comment on that right now."

I got his answer as "I won't discuss that right now."

Re: todays podcast on the search.
If they have some hot leads right now, he is not letting on to that. My take, from taking his words at face value, is we are nowhere closer than before and they are going to re-search some high probability areas that were dense and may not have been thoroughly searched the first time around, along with following up on leads from the tip line.

Correct: At 4:45in the podcast it is, "I won't discuss that right now."

He really may have no clue on what is going on behind the scenes with JM, or he might not have the authority to say one way or another, but it sure doesn't sound like JM is helping the search :)

Justice, finally I am getting some idea of how the pings work. I appreciate the effort to educate. So this area appears to be one that you've outlined based on a "hypothetical" ping from a cell phone. Is it also possible that the cell phone just passed through this area on its way somewhere else? What other evidence would suggest to focus here?

Yes, it's possible the cell phone passed thru the area and NOT to the next cell tower...or turned off at that time. What I'm saying is that if LE has any cell tower data, then they will know the general direction (well duh, it's probably NE to SW) and which last two towers it pinged... In order. I don't think they guy is smart enough to think to turn the entire phone off..but maybe he is. Anyway, if he didn't...the LE has pretty much automatically narrowed it down quite a bit.

To me that is an expensive phone. The whole package.

He seems to be so irresponsible with his bills that I cannot see him being responsible with a $100 a month contract phone.

But we can see the difference in people here. For me to spend $100 a month on a cellphone is not even on my list of wants. I was so upset when my $7 month contractless Virgin cellphone no longer exists and I had to pay $100 for a year with a different phone. Growing uo with Ma Bell and having reliable phones that lasted a lifetime with great service makes me upset about the expensive disposable phone

Yep, probably has a no contract (bad credit) TracFone or Virgin or something of that sort... but I've seen a lot of poor people with $600 iPhones!

For those of you who followed the MH case - was the search this involved and long for her?

If not, do you get the feeling they are doing this bc they now suspect JM to be a SK and want to nail him, and/or find other bodies while they're at it?

I followed Morgan's case and No the search was not this involved at all. If we rate the search efforts for Hannah a ten--Morgans was perhaps a one and a half.

My belief is that with Morgan's disappearance LE seemed to think she would turn up after an alcohol/drug binge.

With HG, they have the CCV footage, therefore the authorities knew immediately that something was terribly wrong when she was reported missing.

I feel quite certain that LE suspects that JM is a serial killer. My prayer is that they find Hannah soon.

The Harrington's always said that the murderer of Morgan would one day slip up and he would be caught. It took almost 5 years--but he is finally behind bars. It's a shame that it may well have cost HG, and untold others, their lives.

Re: todays podcast on the search.
If they have some hot leads right now, he is not letting on to that. My take, from taking his words at face value, is we are nowhere closer than before and they are going to re-search some high probability areas that were dense and may not have been thoroughly searched the first time around, along with following up on leads from the tip line.

Hopefully they can get something from the tips generated. If not we can still hold out hope for cell phone pings of some sort. Plus, I think early archery hunting is in now with regular deer season starting Nov. 15 which means more eyes in the wooded areas.

Just hoping that she's found sooner rather than later to give her family some measure of peace before the holidays.

For those of you who followed the MH case - was the search this involved and long for her?

If not, do you get the feeling they are doing this bc they now suspect JM to be a SK and want to nail him, and/or find other bodies while they're at it?

The search was not nearly as extensive. It basically just covered Charlottesville... remember, there was NO LINK to any other rape or abduction...so it was an "isolated" event. Morgan was found by accident by a farmer checking his fence line after a few large snows.

JM never thought about the camera's and the story they would tell. I still have faith that there's more footage out there that will lead us to Hannah and answer many other questions.

They didn't ask about phone pings, did they? :facepalm:

No. Not that I heard. It was mainly 3 or 4 basic questions. Where are we in the search? What's left to do? - meaning LE and the community. Brief discussion on if/when the search would cease - which branched out a bit into whether it was scaled back, rationale for them not searching Mon., Tues., and now Wed. Discussion of LE that has devoted their time from all over the Commonwealth etc. And the question about JM's cooperation.

That's me paraphrasing of course but was the general base of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487