Hannah Graham: The Search - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for this post. I've been wondering what the search plans were for the rest of this week. I'm so relieved to see that the search will continue now that the bad weather is seemingly over.

I'm new, by the way. I posted a couple of times on another thread, but my first one on this thread. I've been lurking and reading for several weeks now and joined a couple of weeks ago. It's great to read the posts on WS. Impressive work!

Uh oh! Forgot the quote...:blushing:

FindHG

FindHG is online now Registered User

Graham investigation passes one-month mark as police continue search efforts
More than 100 law enforcement officers will volunteer to search this weekend
http://www.cavalierdaily.com/article...one-month-mark

Family and friends of Hannah Graham will resume their search for her Thursday.
http://www.myfoxdc.com/clip/10695665...graham-resumes

"Suspect, Mystery in U.Va's student's disappearance"
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...newstopstories

Search for Hannah Graham resumes following string of storms
http://www.wnct.com/story/26800626/s...ring-of-storms

Chesterfield Deputies Join Search for Hannah Graham
http://www.wric.com/story/26800595/c...-hannah-graham

Local Woman Donates Food to Hannah Graham Searchers
http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlin...279350622.html

RAT worried about his family?

we don't know that people have not talked to LE.

after the charges are made, we may learn plenty has been said.

that happened with other cases such as the Alanna Gallagher where info came out after.

Exactly

THIS MAY BE WHY no one in JLM's circle is talking about where Hannah Graham is:

"In a May 17, 2014, jail interview with The Richmond Times-Dispatch, Randy Taylor described being more ‘worried about his family” than himself – and this despite Randy being extremely frightened for his own personal safety in prison.

From the Richmond Times-Dispatch jail interview
Source: http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/r...cle_068b66f6-ddd0-11e3-9e97-001a4bcf6878.html

ONE WORD - FEAR

The drug dealers are a more ruthless bunch than the average citizen realizes. Islamist run Mexican drug cartels and the Russian mafia - esp. those from Chechnya (think Beslan school massacre) make the old Italian mafia look like Boy Scouts.
I agree with this. This is so OT, but I do think theres a lot more to this than JM.

I personally do not see a connection. Both of their bodies were found. To me the cases are completely different. It would be a far trek for JLM.

Someone mentioned campgrounds, particularly defunct deserted old summer camps, that might be connected to Jesse Matthew.

The Heidi Childs-David Metzler VA Tech student murders came up right after JLM's DNA was linked to Morgan Harrington and the 2005 Fairfax rape.

The nearest business to where the two young high school sweethearts were killed is a campground.

Map - https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=....300016&spn=0.375792,0.617294&z=11&dg=feature

Articles:
http://www.wsls.com/story/20814615/2-virginia-tech-students-found-shot-to-death
http://www.collegiatetimes.com/news/article_bfc6ed9c-2e4e-11e4-a885-001a4bcf6878.html
http://theaquilareport.com/the-cald...t-chapter-and-churches-in-southwest-virginia/

Do any of you locals see a connection to JLM?

Where did Red Hills youth, Monticello and Albermarle football players/wrestlers, church youth groups, YMCA/Boys Club kids go to camp?

Thanks Anna for the informative link. Did you see the comment at the very bottom about accomplices?? I know I'm not allowed to copy it on here but have a look. I've never heard of that before.
Where is that comment? I don't see it..

I remember that too, but when I tried to find it through the state, I couldn't. However, I did find the rules about cabs, and it could be that he was 'working for' a cab company but as an independent contractor. In that case he would have to have his own LLC, which is what I tend to guess was the significance of his having incorporated a business.

https://www.albemarle.org/upload/im...le_County_Code_Ch12_Regulated_Enterprises.pdf

"Sec. 12-501 Registration of vehicles for hire.
A. All taxicabs and other motor vehicles for hire operating within the county shall be registered by the owner with the chief of police as follows:
1. On or before May 1st of each calendar year, the vehicle’s owner shall apply to the chief of police for registration of the vehicle. The applicant shall state whether the vehicle will be driven solely by the applicant, will be leased to or otherwise utilized by another person, or will be driven by employees of the applicant. The applicant shall also present a copy of a current county business license issued by the department of finance authorizing the applicant to do business in the county...
Sec. 12-502 Registration of drivers...3. Each applicant shall state on his application whether he is self-employed or employed by a taxicab or other type of operator. A self-employed applicant shall present a copy of a current county business license issued by the department of finance authorizing the applicant to do business in the county. An applicant employed by a taxicab or other type of operator shall present a signed statement from his employer attesting to such employment."

http://www.wset.com/story/26751123/...ver-the-night-morgan-harrington-went-missing:

"Carter says Matthew drove for Yellow Cab, and all of those taxi cars were yellow, but that Matthew also was an independent contractor for Access Taxi which means he owned his own car and drove for them. Carter says Matthew owned a brown van that he drove for that company. That company is no longer in business. Carter says he knew Matthew on a professional level, and knew he drove for both companies. Now he's wondering if Matthew could be connected."
Depending on the rules of the particular company (and from what I've read about Access, it seems they were a little "unconventional" in the way they did things), he wouldn't necessarily have had to become a corporation or LLC. He could have operated as an independent contractor/sole proprietor and still been issued a city/county business license. If he was a sole proprietor, this would explain why his business was not registered with the Virginia State Corporation Commission, as sole proprietorships cannot register there. They would register their name through their city/county Circuit Court, then obtain their business license from their city/county. Whatever locality his business address was in (looks like Albemarle County) may require a local business license. Then if he's operating in the City of Charlottesville, they may also require a local business license, so he could have held more than one.

Relating this to the Search thread, I am hoping that all addresses connected to any businesses in JM's name have been thoroughly searched!

Jmo I doubt anyone knows where Hannah is besides JM. And I don't know about most people, but I sure wouldn't have any more than ordinary guesses/insight into where a friend or relative might leave a body. Sure, you might list his favorite places, places he liked as a child, etc. but it is all pretty random, Imo. LE probably got such info weeks ago. I do recall one case where a friend of the suspect gave LE a specific locale that he thought might be the place and he was right (victim Stephanie Pepper) but that is pretty rare and the exact spot was unusual (a deep hole in the middle of some woods the suspect had pointed out in the past). But like most crimes of this type, if Hannah is found, it will be random, like the girls in Iowa the summer before last and so many others. Jmo

Are hunting groups, hiking clubs etc being given info to keep any extra look-up for clothing, signs of a body, etc.? No to re-argue an old argument but even when we are positive "everyone" is aware of a crime or a missing person, they aren't, Imo. Lots of people, more each year, are proud of not owning TV's, not following news at all. And others just don't pay attention or absorb what it is the media, on flyers and what not.

Thanks Anna for the informative link. Did you see the comment at the very bottom about accomplices?? I know I'm not allowed to copy it on here but have a look. I've never heard of that before.

As a matter of fact, I did see it. I am aware that RT's charge of abduction with intent to defile is the same as JM's. Sometimes, if enough evidence is found, the offender can be charged and found guilty of murder without a body. During the search of JM's apartment and orange car, I wonder if any evidence of Hannah having been in either was found?

I've hoped that during the search for Hannah, that other missing persons in the area might be found.

I would guess based on what has slowly dribbled out about the suspect's life that his best friend forever is key. The one who stayed close after going to school with him since childhood, was with him at LU and the next college, may have taken vacations with him to California (the person they visited maybe significant in both their lives). This childhood friend may have ridden the bus with him through HS. They have been said (by verified WS sources) to have hung out together and stayed close. And this friend mounted a vociferous defense of him on social media which seems to have died down a bit. If there is chance that this person cooperates with LE, they may get better answers. If he hasn't cooperated, then I would wonder why he hasn't.

The other thing that stands out about their relationship is that this person, this friend of the suspect fits the bill of the type of women the suspect has been linked to showing interest in (according to a press report on CNN). The best friend forever is short, light-skinned, light haired, kind of the male equivalent of the Morgan Harrington and Hannah Graham type. Now, if the suspect has been said to according to multiple press sources and repeated here by those who claim to have knowledge of him, that he "latches" onto people, is easily influenced, that impression would leave the best friend forever person as the one who may have that deep but hard to access knowledge or hard to admit to themselves clues of what the suspect has been up to since childhood. This is totally guessing on my part and perhaps making assumptions that are wrong, but if this best friends forever of the suspect cooperates or not may be very telling in what light he may casts himself in for the rest of his life. Will he help try to unravel the mystery of where Hannah Graham is or continue to being defensive in the face of the mounting evidence against his best friend forever, meaning the suspect?

I didn't know about this friend, thanks for the info!

I've hoped that during the search for Hannah, that other missing persons in the area might be found.

Exactly what I was hoping for too. Please god help them find her, bring hannah and the other missing girls home.

<sniped from article linked above & BBM>

On Sept. 13, Matthew moved quickly. He caught up to Graham and went with her to an upscale restaurant and bar a block off the pedestrian mall.

"He seemed to be excited," said Brice Cunningham, owner of Tempo, where Matthew went twice that night.

Experts who have studied the security footage say it shows a pro at work.

"He has the ability to identify a potential victim — somebody who is young, out by themselves late at night and may be under the influence," said former FBI profiler Clint Van Zandt. "This guy has been around."

"It's the nice-guy side of Jesse," his landlord Frances Lee-Vandell said in a nod to Matthew's mild temperament punctuated by outbursts.

This is just funny because it doesn't take an expert to be able to.see JM target HG on the surveillance video lol. And it also doesn't take a "pro" to see the possibility of HG being an easy target when she's seen alone, walking fast, with no apparent group of friends nearby.

I actually agree that JM did have some skills or instinct, enabling him to strike at the right time to get his victims, I just think the dramatic way this was written is funny.

If you allow yourself to be on camera with a young lady, who can barely walk and disappeared after that moment, then your guard is down...very down.

I have a feeling that JM didn't think for a single moment about cameras catching his movements that night/early morning. Perhaps JM never knew about the CCV all over the area. Then, after HG was reported missing and he began to see himself on the news--he really freaked out! I'm thankful he was seen by others with HG. I'm also thankful that CCV is available as well. Otherwise, HG and what happened to her would be a great mystery to us all--as was Morgan's disappearance.

Not even JM's friends thought/think he is capable of hurting anyone. Yet, we see he is the last person seen with HG alive. LE tells us there is evidence that HG was abducted with intent to defile. Then, they let us know that JM is linked to MH's murder and the Fairfax rape. Yet, his family and friends still seem to be in utter shock and don't seem to believe JM capable of such atrocities.

I just pray that Hannah is found soon. This is every parents worst nightmare.

I think he really let his guard down (JM) or thought he was so up there, superior that he'd never get caught. SK's get braver from what I have read about them, they get careless and that how they get caught. I also thought the ''pros and fbi's finding's'' were funny, anyone watching the CCTV could see the same you don't have to be a criminologist.

I have a feeling that JM didn't think for a single moment about cameras catching his movements that night/early morning. Perhaps JM never knew about the CCV all over the area. Then, after HG was reported missing and he began to see himself on the news--he really freaked out! I'm thankful he was seen by others with HG. I'm also thankful that CCV is available as well. Otherwise, HG and what happened to her would be a great mystery to us all--as was Morgan's disappearance.

Not even JM's friends thought/think he is capable of hurting anyone. Yet, we see he is the last person seen with HG alive. LE tells us there is evidence that HG was abducted with intent to defile. Then, they let us know that JM is linked to MH's murder and the Fairfax rape. Yet, his family and friends still seem to be in utter shock and don't seem to believe JM capable of such atrocities.

I just pray that Hannah is found soon. This is every parents worst nightmare.

BBM

Amen to this!!

If we saw the evil in family or friends, we would distance ourselves, so feeling shock at what is transpiring is understandable.
Our VI may be shocked but is bringing information to us that helps answer some of the questions that have been posted here, questions about Jesse. No one AFAIK can answer the questions about that night and hannah. No one but Jesse.

You may be right about JM not knowing about the cameras or caring about them.
I am not so sure about that, who knows what was going through his mind.
He may be very bold and careless.
I am not well educated on serial killers and I do not know yet if JM is one.
Can one be careless and a pro at the same time?
To be serial, you have to avoid detection

My BBm didn't show because of your bold printing
Was referring to your last statement

I think he really let his guard down (JM) or thought he was so up there, superior that he'd never get caught. SK's get braver from what I have read about them, they get careless and that how they get caught. I also thought the ''pros and fbi's finding's'' were funny, anyone watching the CCTV could see the same you don't have to be a criminologist.

I find the Pro/FBI finding comment invaluable, because while I may see what appears to even my untrained eye like a hunter & his target, experts can analyze JM's every movement in the context of a vast wealth of behavioral experience from other cases, and can articulate that knowledge and expertise to a jury.

ETA: oops, thought I was in What We Know about JLM, that's where this comment should go. sorry.

I find the Pro/FBI finding comment invaluable, because while I may see what appears to even my untrained eye like a hunter & his target, experts can analyze JM's every movement in the context of a vast wealth of behavioral experience from other cases, and can articulate that knowledge and expertise to a jury.

Just have one question about that

We now know that WG was found to be doing nothing wrong , he went to LE etc.
But in the video , it didn't look so innocent
I wonder what FBI thought of that and at any time did he appear to them as a preditor or stocker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member