Hannah Graham: The Search - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about the other campsite (state park??) that he only stayed at a few hours? I always found that to be really odd. Maybe he was just there to dispose of some evidence. I hope they forensically searched that campsite.

"Federal and local law enforcement agencies used helicopters and horses to search Village Creek State Park today -- one of two places Matthew was spotted Monday night.

The park was closed since Thursday afternoon, just after a ranger learned he had interacted with Matthew."
http://www.12newsnow.com/story/26640925/local-law-enforcement-helps-nationwide-search

Susan Bahorich ‏@SusanNBC12 · 44s44 seconds ago

Deputies from @ChesterfieldVa are now a part of the search for #HannahGraham I'll have a live report @ 6 #nbc12

how far away from c'ville is this?

Deputies from @ChesterfieldVa are now a part of the search for #HannahGraham I'll have a live report @ 6 #nbc12

An hour and a half plus/minus traffic. Chesterfield is a surrounding county of Richmond, with a very active, well trained EMS system.

Chesterfield? Iron Bridge Road? Iron Bridge Park? :thud:

An hour and a half plus/minus traffic. Chesterfield is a surrounding county of Richmond, with a very active, well trained EMS system.

thanks for the info
north/south/etc..?
what is EMS...Emergency mountain s..?

Chesterfield? Iron Bridge Road? Iron Bridge Park? :thud:

this will really freak you out, lol

the accompanying picture

B0GUSNyCMAEmJcf.jpg

thanks for the info
north/south/etc..?
what is EMS...Emergency mountain s..?

Totally opposite direction than North Mountain, Iron Forge, etc. SWish of Richmond, SEish of Charlottesville. Plug 'em all in Google Maps and you'll see.

I know, and it can....I just worry!

One way it can is - does this mean it's time for a landfill search? Has anyone ever heard if they've done that/considered that? How easy is it to dump your clothing in a dumpster at 4 am, particularly a wayside on a deserted road?

I hate to say it, but I think the time to do a landfill search was like 30 days ago ...

Interesting, though - in the MH case, there's a suggestion that he was a "collector" - that he kept, at least, her shirt (and there were some other articles missing as well.) My supposition is that the Pantera shirt drop might have coincided with the (alleged) questioning of taxi drivers in that case - that he might have been made nervous by the questioning, and dumped the shirt at that time.

He showed up for work the following week - people said he was unusually quiet and withdrawn, correct? I've no doubt there are plenty of surveillance photos of him that week - but I'm wondering if at any point he was still wearing those clothes that week (apparently he loved those shorts.)

Probably doesn't much help in the search, now - I'm just trying to understand at what point did he realize he was vulnerable? When the tape played? When the statement from WG was printed? Or when the police showed up?

My guess is he realized sometime that week, before the police found his car, that he was vulnerable - and at that point, got rid of anything that might link him to HG.

So, his actions and movements from *that* point until the search warrant was served probably take on additional significance.

His missing clothes is pretty significant to me - if he "sanitized" himself, that is, if he got rid of his own clothing, then he'd also probably get rid of any "souvenirs" or clothing/articles that might tie him to this, or to other cases. I was hoping for lots of direct evidence linking him to other crimes - this makes that less likely.

Well, OK -
Henry Graff ‏@HenryGraff · 3m3 minutes ago
TONIGHT AT SIX: #Cville Police Chief answers critics saying search for #HannahGraham has gone on for too long. Longo says he will NOT stop.

Who are the critics? There will be a lot of them when/if the current cost is released.
When the city, county, or state stops allocating money for the search, he won't have a choice.

I would say $1 million in the past month is probably a conservative estimate, but just go with that...so one year, $12 million, 2 years...$24 million...How does Charlottesville have the money for that? And is their case against this supposed-serial killer so bad that they need to spend that much money to guarantee a conviction?

the train line runs north south through chesterfield, with no direct link to c'ville (unless cargo line?). I don't know if that's relevant.

https://twitter.com/HenryGraff/status/522856907955261440

Henry Graff: TONIGHT AT SIX: #Cville Police Chief answers critics saying search for #HannahGraham has gone on for too long. Longo says he will NOT stop.

BBM/ Yet. He will have to stop when the higher ups tell him has to do so. He has the green light still, and I hope he's got some fresh info,which seems to be the case, maybe info from JM's phone, pings(?). Hopefully, they find something soon because they will have to come to an end at some point in time. So it happens with all searches. Though in some ways, some people, some LE never stop searching. Just the official group effort stops.

https://twitter.com/MikeMurilloWTOP/status/522841943521251330

Police can't talk to #JesseMatthew. Longo: "We have no authority to re-initiate that contact once he invokes his right to council."

I realize they can not intitate it. However, when always asked about whether they were talking with JM, they have always responded that they haven't but they would like to. Recently when asked, LE responded that they aren't going to talk about it. . .or something like that. I believe there is strategy involving some type of communication at this time.

BBM/ Yet. He will have to stop when the higher ups tell him has to do so. He has the green light still, and I hope he's got some fresh info,which seems to be the case, maybe info from JM's phone, pings(?). Hopefully, they find something soon because they will have to come to an end at some point in time. So it happens with all searches. Though in some ways, some people, some LE never stop searching. Just the official group effort stops.

Referring to the search: "You don't stop that process until you've exhausted every resource you have - and frankly, we haven't exhausted all the resources,” said Longo. (Per NBC 29 on their FB page. Will be discussed on the 6 pm news.)

Referring to the search: "You don't stop that process until you've exhausted every resource you have - and frankly, we haven't exhausted all the resources,” said Longo. (Per NBC 29 on their FB page. Will be discussed on the 6 pm news.)

Resources = Charlottesville's budget for 2014-15?

Yes. It's obstruction of justice.

Not sure how it works. LE cannot get a search warrent without good reason. I don't think they searched his relative's homes, even though it is certainly likely, really a certainty, that JM had some things stashed there. THey could ask for things, but if the homeowner refuses to permit LE to search, that homeowner could just say s/he will keep an eye out. If caught destroying it or hiding a sought item, it's one thing, but simply not to look for it, not have found it, a whole other. Those sympathetic to somone in JM's situation, may well decide not to look or if they find the item, hide it further. Not so easy to get caught red handed. It would not be unusual if family and friends refuse to open up their homes to LE searches and not give up any items they might have of JM's. When it becomes a breach of law under obstruction of justice or other such charge, I don't know.

They don't seem to have much confidence at getting a conviction for either of the 3 cases, if they are willing to spend tens of millions of dollars on the search, when finding Hannah doesn't even guarantee, as each week goes by, that there will be evidence left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamagoldman