Hannah Graham: The Search - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure I posted it but the thought flashed at one point, looking back at the videos and pictures of that night. First you see Hannah Graham with her phone in her hand, in the apartment video. Then at one point around McGrady's you see her tuck her phone in a back pocket or her waist. When you see her in the Tuel's video with his arm around her: it may be possible that he was trying to pick-pocket her phone and may have been able to, which may have been part of his play to render her more vulnerable. He may have had access to her phone before getting the beers. He may have soaked the phone in Tempo to kill it without tools. He may have left it there or around there, in garbage bins that may have been dumped long before the search began. It may have been less risky than to bring it along. She may have thought that she lost her phone, thus even more needing of ride. Too out there?
May explain why she may not have been able to text her friends again herself, to touch base.

Just clicked the link for registering for this Sunday's search and it says the limit has been met. So sounds like 200 people got right on it! A big "thank you" to all the volunteers, LE and SAR folks who are so generously giving their time and energy. May you be successful in bringing Hannah home!

That's great of you to do!

Just thinking...

When something is buried, you typically can't fit all the dirt back into the hole that was dug. Whatever is buried takes up space. HOWEVER, if that decomposes, that mass is less, and the ground sinks. Likewise, even though the hole would seem full when something is buried, it's not. There are still air pockets involved, that would fill with WATER when it rains, leaving a mud puddle of sorts. Yes the ground will absorb that water eventually.

We've had PLENTY of rain this week. At one point a low area in my yard looked like a small creek or pond. The ground is still 'mushy', but the water isn't standing now. Lots of mud though. Suck your shoes off mud!

Yes, I would be looking for those depressed areas, if I was searching for Hannah... even though I don't think she was buried. As a searcher I would try to not let my feelings of that impede my search of anything out of place, clothing, etc.

I pray the search Sunday won't be needed. That Hannah will be found TODAY!!!!

Not to be funny ,

Say a random person is walking in the woods and comes across a depression in the woods in a downhill slope near a creek..and steps on it only to find it is like stepping on a sponge compared to the area near it and suspects it might be something.

How does one relay that to 911 or whoever on the phone without sounding like a complete nutjob?

Just wondering..

Missing women remembered on 5th anniversary of Harrington's disappearance
http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/l...cle_6ef80528-566b-11e4-86fd-001a4bcf6878.html

"The crowd — including John and Sue Graham, Laura Murphy and the family of Bonnie Santiago — gathered around the ribbons on Friday buzzed with a mix of emotions: enthralled in the gentle wave of unity, yet saddened by the purpose that brought them together. They were brought there as friends, families and communities tied to the string of missing women in Charlottesville and surrounding counties."

Not to be funny ,

Say a random person is walking in the woods and comes across a depression in the woods in a downhill slope near a creek..and steps on it only to find it is like stepping on a sponge compared to the area near it and suspects it might be something.

How does one relay that to 911 or whoever on the phone without sounding like a complete nutjob?

Just wondering..

I would think no hesitation calling 911

sorry just saw this

Not to be funny ,

Just wondering..
I don't think they will think you are a nut job. When they first released a description in the Graham case for a black male, goatee, shaved head, 5'10, potbelly, etc. I saw a guy that met the description by the side of the road off of 29 N. By the time it registered what I had seen, I was past him so I called the tip line. They asked a few questions and I said I would turn around and go back. I did and I called back with a little more detail. Unbeknownst to me, that was the afternoon the police had focused in on Matthew and were no longer looking for the goatee guy. I didn't know that because I hadn't been home to see the news. Despite this, the people I spoke to were genuinely interested, polite and took down all of the information I gave them. I believe they want any and all information so they can decide what is relevant or not.

I'm not sure I posted it but the thought flashed at one point, looking back at the videos and pictures of that night. First you see Hannah Graham with her phone in her hand, in the apartment video. Then at one point around McGrady's you see her tuck her phone in a back pocket or her waist. When you see her in the Tuel's video with his arm around her: it may be possible that he was trying to pick-pocket her phone and may have been able to, which may have been part of his play to render her more vulnerable. He may have had access to her phone before getting the beers. He may have soaked the phone in Tempo to kill it without tools. He may have left it there or around there, in garbage bins that may have been dumped long before the search began. It may have been less risky than to bring it along. She may have thought that she lost her phone, thus even more needing of ride. Too out there?
May explain why she may not have been able to text her friends again herself, to touch base.

wow, you could be on to something. Have they checked the toilet cisterns in tempo for her phone? (they probably have) or would an iphone break if ran under a tap?

IIRC correctly the police said they were also looking for JLMs clothes that he was wearing the night Hannah went missing.

If the clothes have disappeared then maybe he did adapt to MH being found and decided to bury HG.

If that does indeed turn out to be the case, I hope he was stupid enough to bury his clothes in the same spot.

I pray that today the digging brings closure to one of the families of the missing!

Would this mean he had a shovel in his trunk? If so, I wonder if he ditched it later.

This could explain the text to the friends "I'm lost..." and the timing of it, kwim?

Not to be funny ,

Just wondering..

In this particular case? I think you tell them just that and give them the location. Perhaps even flag it in some way if you can.

In other cases? Completely not sure. :(

Would this mean he had a shovel in his trunk? If so, I wonder if he ditched it later.

I've wondered the same thing Daae! Perhaps LE found a shovel in his trunk when they searched and impounded his vehicle. I'm not sure how long it takes for results of soil samples but I'm wondering if this is led LE to begin digging at the undisclosed location we are hearing of. JMO.

They could have found a shovel....but in this case digging is the next logical step based on what I have been told by some of my K9 SAR team contacts up there(nothing super secret, just what national teams are being used, the k9 SAR community is pretty small and tight, we all know each other)

Without getting into too much detail, if you had a bunch of air scent dogs converge onto one place, and then found nothing visible in that place, you would start digging as a matter of process....regardless if you found a shovel or not.

Oh and this could be a "spot" the size of a football field they are going to dig around at.
I talked earlier about a triangulation of a zone based on scent hits from different teams. My guess is that the area they want to dig is based on that sort of scent zone.

Are they cadaver dogs or would they have indicated based on clothing scents?

They could have found a shovel....but in this case digging is the next logical step based on what I have been told by some of my K9 SAR team contacts up there(nothing super secret, just what national teams are being used, the k9 SAR community is pretty small and tight, we all know each other)

Without getting into too much detail, if you had a bunch of air scent dogs converge onto one place, and then found nothing visible in that place, you would start digging as a matter of process....regardless if you found a shovel or not.

This is a separate search from the one planned for Sunday and the digging will be done by the pros, right? At least it's more than one hit, so it sounds encouraging, but sad too.

Are they cadaver dogs or would they have indicated based on clothing scents?

I know that teams of both air scent and cadaver dogs have all been part of this search and the teams I am aware of employee both kinds of dogs.
I have NO clue what they are using for their scent targets, so I really cant comment on the specific scents they are targeting.

Cadaver scents...well that's pretty obvious and at 3 weeks, the chemical output is still at a point where even a weak team will get hits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucyLoo313