Hannah Graham: The Search

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sorry.I dont get the reference. Mind cluing me in?

Just search: North Garden, VA Registered Sex Offenders

But don't post his name or photo here. i'm not sure it's ok to do that.

IMO It seems as if JM was looking at Karen as a possible opportunity.

That's exactly what I think. He never learned a thing...he's a wanted man and he's still going to take time out to take advantage of an opportunity.

monacan trail is also by the red hill elementary where JM went to school and then later lived near, right?

They SHOULD search Monacan Trail..............considering who lives out there.

Well, it appears LE is searching there. But apparently whoever it is who is being discussed who lives there, his DNA does not match MH's perp's. And JM's willl be checked against that too. Which happens to also match another case.

It's possible all of this is known to those in the area, and it might be a reason why someone like JM might dump a body in the area.

You like your suspect and I like mine. :) Time will tell.

Well, it appears LE is searching there. But apparently whoever it is who is being discussed who lives there, his DNA does not match MH's perp's. And JM's willl be checked against that too. Which happens to also match another case.

It's possible all of this is known to those in the area, and it might be a reason why someone like JM might dump a body in the area.

If JM is to blame- what an *advertiser censored** for not telling LE where to find her.

Dept of Homeland Security?? Is that typical??

Twenty-six different volunteer search groups, along with Virginia State Police and the Department of Homeland Security gathered at the Albemarle County Police Department as they mapped out a plan to search the southern part of Albemarle Co.

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headli...sing-UVa-Student-Hannah-Graham-277341451.html

i think they are just using whatever assets they can get their hands on. I wouldn't read too much into it. IMO

man was just looking at a map of the area it's so rural and wooded out there. They're going to have to get lucky or get a good tip to find her out there if she is even out there. Wish i was local and could help search.

man was just looking at a map of the area it's so rural and wooded out there. They're going to have to get lucky or get a good tip to find her out there if she is even out there. Wish i was local and could help search.

I meet up once a year to spend a few days with an old friend who now lives in Maryland. We always try to find a place to meet that's about halfway between us, so for two of those years we rented a cottage at Howardsville. Howardsville is just a few miles east of Schuyler, which is east of Lovingston, or in other words, on the opposite side of Highway 29, Monacan Trail Rd.

All that is to say that I've spent that time in the area, and "rural" is not even the word. I could not believe how undeveloped that area is, especially since it's so close to Charlottesville. The woods are thick, the roads are twisty and narrow, and you can drive for miles and miles without seeing any businesses of any kind. Once you get off Highway 29, it's a challenge to even find a place to get gas.

What I did discover is that the area has been settled for a long time and there are some old estates scattered here and there. Some of those estates are not accessible - they're gated off and uninhabited, and anyone wanting to search such tracts of land might have a real challenge getting permission and access to do so.

I can't imagine how they'll find anything without knowing where to look. The task is mind-boggling.

i wonder if that building on the northeast corner of the intersection of 29 and plank road has security cameras that can see the road?

I can't imagine how they'll find anything without knowing where to look. The task is mind-boggling.

Your description is a good one. I once traveled, from some far distance, with my two young children up 29 to Charlottesville, at night. I realized quickly how frightening that actually was, as there is literally NO where to stop should you need help or anything else. I will not do it again.

I think we can only hope they garnered some information today and have some "bull's eye" they're targeting. Unfortunately, they won't get much, IMO, from the air because of the heavy tree coverage right now. Dogs on the ground are going to be their best bet, but especially that, as you say, is a mind-boggling task.

Needle in a haystack, as was mentioned about 10 days ago. Unless someone will talk. Maybe this orchard being hit twice is precisely that. Maybe his family or friends have finally come forward with some information that will help police find Hannah.

I wonder if JM is aware of this monumental search, and the resources - in both time and money - being spent because he won't talk.

To my knowledge, they're only allowing trained searchers at this point, though I did hear rumor about another massive one (though I thought it was for this current weekend). It's an awful feeling of helplessness being local and not being able to be out there on the ground.

Doesn't JM have roommates? I wonder if they know what time he came home that morning, it could definitely help with the search... If he wasn't unaccounted for for long, he probably put her in a dumpster and they should check landfills. If longer maybe they could calculate a radius. His family lives in Nelson County, I think. Out of the way places down there, well that's hours he would be gone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member