Hannah Graham: The Search

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember reading he was driving on a donut...where is the original tire?

Has a map appeared of search areas covered yet? I'd be curious enough to have a google walk down #53 east of #20 to see if there a trails that might have easy access. I note an access up to Carter Mountain. Any word of searches up there?

That seems like a great idea. I wonder if JM was on his game enough to turn off his own phone? Seems like I heard he turned off Hannah's phone.
Did he turn it off or remove the battery? Didn't they find a battery for MH phone?

MH's battery was removed. IMO JM is smart enough to remove the batteries in HG's and his own phone. I do wonder if he was tossing HG's cell and battery out of the window on his way to wherever he was going.

Did he turn it off or remove the battery? Didn't they find a battery for MH phone?

I read earlier that LE has searched and are searching again the Ponderosa property.

Does anyone know the amount of territory that has been searched outside of the City of Charlottesville? Surrounding areas? I wonder have they searched as far out as Rt 29 South towards Lake Arrington in Nelson County (near where the Lockn Festival was held)? Lots of farm land and off-of-the-main-road places out in that direction. I know LE has done all of that, but I haven't really heard where they have been checking outside of the city. Sorry that I'm behind on this case.

Did he plan to kill Hannah? Even after he been seen with her by half the town? If not, he may not have been prepared and possibly left his phone on, at least for a while. But it seems like they should have had his pings before now and no luck so far...

So true, and we see thugs who despite lacking academically, are clever and skilled in being evil.

True.

I realize he was a HS and college athlete which may have granted him leniency but he did graduate HS and he got into college. So I don't think it's going to impact his defense.

IMO he planned MH and HG in advance. JM knows the area around Anchorage Farm well, and no doubt many other rural areas of Cville. In the MH threads the land around Anchorage Farm was looked over in detail on maps by fellow Websleuthers regarding outbuildings, absent owners, previous owners, possible paths to the site,
walking paths, utility vehicle tracks, possible vehicle of transport, etc. Websleuthers researched anyone who did and may have had contact with MH at the arena, UVA, and previous events she attended. If there are any official answers to these questions or theories by LE they didn't reveal them to the public. It will be interesting, if we ever learn, to find out what exactly happened that evening and his JM's path. Because, I have no doubt that some Websleuthers nailed it.

Doesn't sound morbid - good point.
Something doesn't make sense in that on the one hand he seems careless - letting himself be ID's as a last person to be with HG; yet no one sees him abduct her, nor is there any surveillance showing him after that with her. So, did he have help? Had a plan in advance?

I do believe that media outlets will give us information regarding the areas of search. I did read an article today that stated the Equisearch was involved in today's search. I'll try to find it. It may be on another thread.

Do you all think Longo will give us anymore updates on the search? Or will everything be silent from here on out?

MH's battery was removed. IMO JM is smart enough to remove the batteries in HG's and his own phone. I do wonder if he was tossing HG's cell and battery out of the window on his way to wherever he was going.

Hannah had an iPhone - I don't think you can remove its battery without a tiny screwdriver

I didn't know that, thebes. Thanks for that information. I still have a smartphone. Does this mean that the phone was possibly only turned off? Destroyed? Would dropping it in water cause enough damage that it wouldn't ping any longer. I'm sorry, these may seem like simple questions to most, but I simply don't know much about iphones.

Hannah had an iPhone - I don't think you can remove its battery without a tiny screwdriver

Did he plan to kill Hannah? Even after been seen with her by half the town? If not, he may not have been prepared and possibly left his phone on, at least for a while. But it seems like they should have had his pings before now and no luck so far...

BBM/ My original theory on this was the he did not. I figured he'd try to make the moves on her counting on his charm and her intoxicated condition to allow him to score, though I also would not have been surprised if he slipped something in that last drink he bought at Tempo's to facilitate things. And then I figured something went wrong, and he reacted wrong. Still not excusable, still should be locked up, if that were indeed the case, but now with the DNA link to MH and the other rape, it's a whole other story. He might not have worried one bit about resistance because she wasn't going to survive the night. How he thought he was going to get away with it after being seen at the mall with her, I don't get Arrogant, I guess. Maybe figured she wouldn't be missed for a several days after which time the connections, memories and tapes were all gone

I think LE needs to look at any missing women in the area and where ever JM has been. This is not an accident, an amateur act any more, a singular incident that went too far due to too much drink or whatever, one unfortunate night.

There is a small lake right beside Rt 29 diagonal of Anchorage Farm (which they have renamed). I often see people fishing there. It's RIGHT beside the highway. It's probably a little too obvious place, but maybe not.

Had the same thought wendle83. People always fish there. Though it is surrounded by residences and right on the main road. Not sure if he would risk it, but maybe.

Has a map appeared of search areas covered yet? I'd be curious enough to have a google walk down #53 east of #20 to see if there a trails that might have easy access. I note an access up to Carter Mountain. Any word of searches up there?
Searches to date have included south between rt 29, 20 & 53. Today they have headed north of the city. They have searched Carter Mtn at least twice with several person and dog teams.

IMO he planned MH and HG in advance. JM knows the area around Anchorage Farm well, and no doubt many other rural areas of Cville. In the MH threads the land around Anchorage Farm was looked over in detail on maps by fellow Websleuthers regarding outbuildings, absent owners, previous owners, possible paths to the site,
walking paths, utility vehicle tracks, possible vehicle of transport, etc. Websleuthers researched anyone who did and may have had contact with MH at the arena, UVA, and previous events she attended. If there are any official answers to these questions or theories by LE they didn't reveal them to the public. It will be interesting, if we ever learn, to find out what exactly happened that evening and his JM's path. Because, I have no doubt that some Websleuthers nailed it.

I don't know about specifically in advance, as far as planning those specific women. I have a feeeling he had some plan for women, if he could get any in his car. I would not be surprised if there are other women in the mix. LE should be going through lists of all missing women in the areas that JM has been. Or perhaps he only disposed of those that he knew were so coerced that they were likely to press charges. He likely could have picked up some women who cooperated, or were so out of it that he did not feel he had to literally ditch them. That rape victim that he violetly assaulted was clearly not acquiesing in the least. I think with MH and Hannah, he knew the likelihood of charges of rape, if he let them go was high. But there could be women who he felt quite safe just letting them go. LE should be putting out appeals for anyone with stories of being picked up by JM and taken for a rid to contact them so that any locales to which JM might have taken women could be checked out.

Is anyone following the case on twitter? Some guy just posted that JM was seen in Craigsville the morning after HG's disappearance. Has anyone else heard this? I'm trying to find a verified source for it. (X)

LE has JM's phone, so we'll likely hear about what they could glean from it. Doesn't seem to be giving LE a good fix on where he might have taken Hannah, since she's not yet found. No info on her phone other than the signal was lost. She could have run out of charge, he could have done something to the phone, no telling.

Coy on CNN. Said they are searching stoney point road/ route 20 north on atv's

I'm not on facebook, but if anyone is on one of the pages - Parker S etc- that have people from the area and JM's school--- it might help to bring up the high school Outdoors Club he was a member of for four years and see if anyone remembers any field trips and excursions etc.

There might be people out there that went on trips with him in high school to obscure places that would not think to call the tipline because it was many years ago and innocent in nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove