Hannah Graham: The Search

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
First time posting. My sister is a college student, and is about Hannah's age, so this case hits home for me. My grandmother lived in rural south GA, and always told me as a child that if anything bad ever happened to "come on down to gran-momma's house". I imagine that JLM's grandma had told him something similar in the past, and had he done "something bad" to hannah, I imagine thats the first place he would think to go.

During his drive to Gma's he is thinking about two things:
1. He does not want to be seen
2. Daylight is coming soon

Based on this theory it may be possible to correlate a search area.
For Example:
At the time of last contact with JLM & HG, there is approx. 4 hrs.(2am. to 6am.) before daylight, and the disposal of any evidence would have happened around the edge of the time frame (right at, or before day break). This creates a probable search area between +-120mi. to 160mi(60mph.*3 to 4 hrs.) from the location of last contact. The heading would be in the direction of the route to Gma's house, and the location of evidence would be an opportune rural location, not in water (evidence floats), and not buried (no shovel, no premeditation).

First time posting. My sister is a college student, and is about Hannah's age, so this case hits home for me. My grandmother lived in rural south GA, and always told me as a child that if anything bad ever happened to "come on down to gran-momma's house". I imagine that JLM's grandma had told him something similar in the past, and had he done "something bad" to hannah, I imagine thats the first place he would think to go.

For Example:
At the time of last contact with JLM & HG, there is approx. 4 hrs.(2am. to 6am.) before daylight, and the disposal of any evidence would have happened around the edge of the time frame (right at, or before day break). This creates a probable search area between +-120mi. to 160mi(60mph.*3 to 4 hrs.) from the location of last contact. The heading would be in the direction of the route to Gma's house, and the location of evidence would be an opportune rural location, not in water (evidence floats), and not buried (no shovel, no premeditation).

Welcome to Ws, twbcpa89, your ideas are very good!!

iirc LE did some investigating and pretty much dismissed it. There were two cars involved. The night she was taken he was driving his sisters car, blue i think. When he fled to Tx he drove his own car, orange. I got a sense that there was evidence of her being in the blue one but not in the orange one. I will look for a link...

you got that backwards.

Based on my understanding of how this type of crimes typically go i think she has been wherever she is since either that morning (13th) or possibly shortly after dark that evening. JIMO

Hi Just wanna help,

They have DNA found on the Morgan's T Shirt, not on her.
JM apparently went to school around there so he is very familiar with Anchorage Farm and the area in general. Probably why LE feels "Rural" areas are where she would be.
Do not know if JM liked hiking--his weight would not indicate that....but we know he fishes and camps out, since he was camping in Texas where they found him.

I remember when LE was looking for Morgan Harrington, they made sure that people knew this suspect would have know the area VERY WELL, since traversing the area where Morgan was found would not be something Anyone could do. JM seems to like throwing women over his shoulders--so easy for him to do that with Morgan and is certainly strong enough to maneuver Anchorage Farm and place her where she was found.

They saying that this person left her on that property with INTENT. Like it was to send a message.

IMOO JM fits much of what LE was looking for in Morgan's case.
The fact that he was driving cabs in 2009 really makes him a person of interest to me, because I do not think Morgan would have gone with just anyone, but a cabdriver would certainly seem safe to her. Many at the time actually thought it may have been the campus transport or JPJA security--some one who you would assume to be safe.

Gah, I hate it when Morgan's case is mixed with Hannah's in terms of info as it has confused me. WHether JM was involved will be clear very soon in those cases since LE has DNA for them and now has JM's. My guess is that there were tests run on any and all DNA found in his apt and car anyways against that of those old crimes. Longo went on rampage to collect black men's DNA to get a match for what he had, but was not allowed to do so. That was some years ago, I'm sure that when he gets samples, he has matches routinely run in hopes he finds a match.

That someone like JM, clearly a predator, was a cab driver, gives me the creeps. People put disoriented,drunk friends, others in a cab and ask the driver to take the person home or where ever. In fact, flagging a cab and going back home or to a given address would have been something someone in Hannah's situation should have done.

I wonder if there were complaints filed on JM about being too familiar and predatory while he was driving a cab. That seems to be a pattern of behavior of his.

We likely won't unless this goes to trial.

I wonder if police not only have evidence she was in the car, but that the car was outside the city since their searches have been in rural areas. It would seem to me if they suspected a dumpster, they'd be searching the landfill. Although rural areas have dumpsters for people to dump their trash.

Edit Albemarle County doesn't provide dumpsters. People have to bring it to the dump or contract with private haulers. Wonder if police have reached out to these haulers to keep an eye out for anything unusual?

i think the search location speaks strongly to what other events they think/know he was involved in.

The search is so widespread at this point, I wonder do they have ANY pings from his phone as to location?

MHs phone was found with the battery removed and HGs phone had the battery remove or went dead shortly after she was last seen. I suspect he is aware that phones are used to track ppl so maybe he knew not to bring his phone with him.

It is strange because he has had several friends, including female , that talk about how wonderful he is.

In high school, he had to be really popular being a co captain of the FB team and the state wrestling champ. He looks good in his high school,pic so I imagine he had a lot of girls interested in him.

I think he had his glory days and now he is just a face in the crowd.

So he does all kinds of weird things to get attention. Maybe they worked when he was popular and younger. Maybe him paying attention to females in the past was all he needed for them to swoon all over him.

He wants that attention. He craves it.

some other people have pointed out that none of the people that speak well of him seem to have had a relationship with him in like 10 years. I fact i've have not seen a lot of people come forward saying they were close with him in the last five years + or -.

Gah, I hate it when Morgan's case is mixed with Hannah's in terms of info as it has confused me. WHether JM was involved will be clear very soon in those cases since LE has DNA for them and now has JM's. My guess is that there were tests run on any and all DNA found in his apt and car anyways against that of those old crimes. Longo went on rampage to collect black men's DNA to get a match for what he had, but was not allowed to do so. That was some years ago, I'm sure that when he gets samples, he has matches routinely run in hopes he finds a match.

That someone like JM, clearly a predator, was a cab driver, gives me the creeps. People put disoriented,drunk friends, others in a cab and ask the driver to take the person home or where ever. In fact, flagging a cab and going back home or to a given address would have been something someone in Hannah's situation should have done.

I wonder if there were complaints filed on JM about being too familiar and predatory while he was driving a cab. That seems to be a pattern of behavior of his.

So I saw this as a Facebook comment on Help Find HG, but it seemed honest. A woman commented that she had taken a cab ride a few years ago from a driver that looked like the pic of JM from The Hook with his cab, and he gave her his phone number and said that he was in massage school and gives cheap massages. He offered her one. She said she still had the number and did a reverse search on it, and some address came up that was said JM lived a few years ago. She was super creeped out, of course. If her story is true, he must have been using his cab driver position of power to manipulate women. Not saying this means he is a serial killer or that it's proof he killed MH, but it's info. She said she called it in to the tip line...

Has anything been said in regards to any head injuries JM may have sustained during his football and/or wrestling days? If he was indeed popular and well liked by high school/college mates and then sustained a concussion or another head injury it could explain his behavior. It's in no way an excuse, but it may shine some light onto the whole thing. IDK, maybe I'm grasping at straws.

As just coming off the Jenise Wright case where the perp in that case had suffered a few concussions from sports (wrestling and football), I am wondering how much injury JM sustained in his sports career...never an excuse for murder etc, but it is an interesting bit of information...and good reason to never let my son play football!

Hi Just wanna help,

They have DNA found on the Morgan's T Shirt, not on her.
JM apparently went to school around there so he is very familiar with Anchorage Farm and the area in general. Probably why LE feels "Rural" areas are where she would be.
Do not know if JM liked hiking--his weight would not indicate that....but we know he fishes and camps out, since he was camping in Texas where they found him.

BBM
Snipped for focus

This is what I've found while trying to clarify this for myself. This link says that the DNA was from MH. this is the second article I've read where it has been stated this way. I've been searching for this info since it is often not made clear in most articles. I've yet to find one article where it states that the DNA came from the shirt. Most are vague, at best. If one exists, I haven't found it.

Investigators will only say that forensic evidence ties the suspect to Morgan Harrington's abduction and murder in Charlottesville. But Harrington's parents confirmed this afternoon it was DNA found on Morgan that matches the suspect in the Fairfax case.

http://www.nbc12.com/story/12742496/update-morgan-harringtons-death-linked-to-case-in-fairfax

Wondered about the clothing as well, in pics where JM is all in white, he looked a lot heavier than he does in other pics.
Thinking he may have been wearing another layer of clothing underneath, or the white top is a jacket. Trying to emulate the doctors he works with?
In HG's twitter feed, not long before going missing, ironically, Hannah commented about people wearing white after Labour Day....

Since, "He has no boundaries and a huge sense of entitlement." ita, maybe he left H at someone else's property?

I think the shirt was the blue/white checkered one through the night. If you look at the video in which JLM appears in the foreground and freeze it, you can just make out the checks. I didn't see the pattern on the shirt until I knew what to look for. (And maybe even just thought I saw it.)

For Example:

jumping off this I wonder if his car has a sticker with the mileage from his last oil change and if they could calculate what the expected mileage would have been and get an idea if he took any trips. I guess unless his last oil change was pretty recent this wouldn't work.

jumping off this I wonder if his car has a sticker with the mileage from his last oil change and if they could calculate what the expected mileage would have been and get an idea if he took any trips. I guess unless his last oil change was pretty recent this wouldn't work.

I don't get the sense that he was up on car maintenance from the looks of his vehicle..

I'd be interested in debit card transactions on the night hannah went missing and gas purchases etc on JM's account.. Didn't he pay for drinks with a debit card?

I don't get the sense that he was up on car maintenance from the looks of his vehicle..

I agree. I wonder when the damage happened to his fender and when the front tire was changed to the spare?

I agree. I wonder when the damage happened to his fender and when the front tire was changed to the spare?

Another poster said that car had been that way for quite a while

Please, is there a link to where it was stated that JM 'liked' fishing? Or camping?
IMHO the tent in Texas was born out of necessity...

Please, is there a link to where it was stated that JM 'liked' fishing? Or camping?
IMHO the tent in Texas was born out of necessity...

Of course he also could have just told people he was fishing and never actually fished.. Seems to be a common theme for someone wanting time alone with no questions asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cecilgoodroe