Hannah's Journey on 09/13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's a very small chain here in VA (never seen it elsewhere). They have great pizza and I wouldn't take away anything from the name. It's a popular spot.

It's a big chain...all over Atlanta and poss Florida.

Someone, sorry I can't recall, had theorized that she may have been heading to the end of the mall, where the buses are. And JM intersected, said he would give her a ride since the buses stopped running and he was headed in her direction. That seems like a realistic theory...

This occured to me too. There is apparently a free trolley that runs between the DM and UVA Corner. It's last stop at the DM is 11:50PM. I did wonder if it was something Hannah might have ridden before, and it she was hurrying to catch the last run.

However, I have another theory after watching the Sal's video. I think Hannah did go to McGrady's looking for someone or a group. I'm not sure what led her down towards the mall, but I thought it might be the other pizza place, Fellini's.

I think somewhere before being seen on the Sal's video, she became separated from her phone. Maybe she was pickpocketed, or laid it down to wash her hands in a bathroom and someone picked it up before she could realize it was gone. I think that might be the franctic panic we see on the Sal's viedo. Hannah may have even shared that with passerbys on the mall.

Here's where it gets a little bizzaro. I think the phone being passed to JM could have been Hannah's. Is JM part of a DM theft ring? Idk, but I do think those two woman passed him a phone. It was even lit up while the woman was carrying it. Were Hannah's friend's texting her? Did the thief text back in a smartass kind of way, "I'm lost come find me." meaning the phone? Did JM realize that a distressed Hannah was probably the co-ed his "friends" had just relieved of her phone? That would have been a smooth approach for him where he could play the hero, which we know he has a history of. Hannah seems to be talking intently to him on the Tuel's video. I could just imagine him asking her what's wrong and her telling how she thinks someone just stole her phone, etc. JM says he'll help her. I have a lot more maybe's but I'll leave it there for now. They go to Tempo for a beer and a promise of a ride home.

MOO

I might add that I have a colleague who has a business on the mall, and when I visited her a while ago, there were lots of undergrads walking around. This wasn't an accepted students weekend, just a regular old week day. I have felt from the beginning of this case that the argument that "all undergrads" stay away from the mall is ridiculous. IMO, MOO, etc.

I don't expect people to necessarily believe me b/c there is no way to "verify" me and I get that. But I'll say it one last time. I lived in C-ville about 20 years. Both as a local/townie (before college), and then as a UVa undergrad, and then again for a year or two. This is obviously my own opinion, JMO, MOO, etc. etc. But the Downtown Mall is NOT a place that the typical UVa undergrad frequents with any regularity. It is NOT common to party at the bars there on the weekends as an undergrad. It's a place that undergrads would be aware of, would have most likely been to, would have likely eaten there with their parents, maybe a date-night, but not a place they would regularly frequent. Very possible that an undergrad would go there for a specific reason- like I said, a date-night or something. Not a place they would go "hang". Lots of local posters have agreed with this, but I'll just say MOO.... (I've also never heard any poster here say that "all undergrads" stay away from the Corner.)

People can think what they want though ;)

(And the Mellow Mushroom is just a restaurant on the Corner.)

I might add that I have a colleague who has a business on the mall, and when I visited her a while ago, there were lots of undergrads walking around. This wasn't an accepted students weekend, just a regular old week day. I have felt from the beginning of this case that the argument that "all undergrads" stay away from the mall is ridiculous. IMO, MOO, etc.

Totally agree. I am in Charlottesville frequently on business and there are undergrads always on the DM during the day. Nice shops, vintage shops, etc. However, when I have dined there in the evening, far fewer undergrads.

I don't expect people to necessarily believe me b/c there is no way to "verify" me and I get that. But I'll say it one last time. I lived in C-ville about 20 years. Both as a local/townie (before college), and then as a UVa undergrad, and then again for a year or two. This is obviously my own opinion, JMO, MOO, etc. etc. But the Downtown Mall is NOT a place that the typical UVa undergrad frequents with any regularity. It is NOT common to party at the bars there on the weekends as an undergrad. It's a place that undergrads would be aware of, would have most likely been to, would have likely eaten there with their parents, maybe a date-night, but not a place they would regularly frequent. Very possible that an undergrad would go there for a specific reason- like I said, a date-night or something. Not a place they would go "hang". Lots of local posters have agreed with this, but I'll just say MOO.... (I've also never heard any poster here say that "all undergrads" stay away from the Corner.)

Totally agree. I lived there, worked on the DM, and had close connections to UVa. The DM was not a student hang out at all. In fact, a common observation made by people was the distinctly separate areas of the Corner and DM.

Totally agree. I lived there, worked on the DM, and had close connections to UVa. The DM was not a student hang out at all. In fact, a common observation made by people was the distinctly separate areas of the Corner and DM.

In the past five years or so, there are more students downtown than previously. (I've lived here for 28 years, since middle school). But, the student center is definitely the corner. When students are downtown it is with a destination in mind, not just to wander and find a group like they would on the corner.

Huh? I have no idea what your reply has to do with what I posted. I am suggesting that UVA students are the target customer base which is not to say Mellow Mushroom doesn't serve good pizza and attract all types of customers.

I was replying to another poster who I thought was making a big deal out of the name and imagery used by the restaurant. Just pointing out it was a popular place for all.

Thanks for the corrections about the chain being in other states.

In the past five years or so, there are more students downtown than previously. (I've lived here for 28 years, since middle school). But, the student center is definitely the corner. When students are downtown it is with a destination in mind, not just to wander and find a group like they would on the corner.
This is helpful to know. So it is much more likely than I ever would have suspected that HG was meeting up with friends there on a Friday night. Maybe at Tempo, even.

Is there a point in the night that restuarants become 21 and over/stop serving food?

This is helpful to know. So it is much more likely than I ever would have suspected that HG was meeting up with friends there on a Friday night. Maybe at Tempo, even.

Is there a point in the night that restuarants become 21 and over/stop serving food?

I just checked on information about Tempo which might be helpful to those of us who have never been there. The kitchen is open until 10:00. On Friday and Saturday the bar is open until 1:00. (when did JLM buy those two drinks?). The seating capacity is 100, but that includes the private DR which has a capacity of 30, so the regular seating capacity is 70. That is not a large capacity, especially close to closing time for them to not have noticed if Hannah was, in fact, inside the restaurant. JMO

http://www.tempocville.com/info-contact/

I just checked on information about Tempo which might be helpful to those of us who have never been there. The kitchen is open until 10:00. On Friday and Saturday the bar is open until 1:00. (when did JLM buy those two drinks?). The seating capacity is 100, but that includes the private DR which has a capacity of 30, so the regular seating capacity is 70. That is not a large capacity, especially close to closing time for them to not have noticed if Hannah was, in fact, inside the restaurant. JMO
Thanks for looking into this! Hmmm. Bar closes at 1am...didn't he supposedly buy the 2 drinks after 1am? Maybe they continue selling alcohol if the bartender is willing, since legal close has to be 2am...

Thanks for looking into this! Hmmm. Bar closes at 1am...didn't he supposedly buy the 2 drinks after 1am? Maybe they continue selling alcohol if the bartender is willing, since legal close has to be 2am...

I added the link with the information. I ALWAYS forget to add the link!! :(

http://www.tempocville.com/info-contact/
Maybe another coincidence I failed to notice before that it is French-American fare, and HG was involved in the French culture/spoke French, etc. I could see her being interested in going there...

I definitely don't think he could keep up the ruse for long, and certainly not if they had a deep conversation, but just in an introductory type chit chat, yeah, I think he may be enough of a BSer, and may know enough medical terms that he might throw that out there...and if not a doctor, at least something more skilled than a patient transporter basically. JMO

Wouldn't she know by how he was dressed? Doctors usually are the only one in blue scrubs at hospitals. And nurses usually have a look that differs from their aides. I've noticed in the ER (I've been way too many times) how you can always tell what ranks people are among the staff by how they are dressed.

But I suppose this theory could apply if it was outside the hospital she saw him.

It's a very small chain here in VA (never seen it elsewhere). They have great pizza and I wouldn't take away anything from the name. It's a popular spot.

FWIW, we have tons of Mellow Mushrooms in North Carolina.

I was pointing out that MM is 1 mile from Tempo. I do believe that it is probably safe to assume that HG had eaten at the MM. Thus, she was not unfamiliar with the area. Tis all....

I don't see what a location a mile away from the Mall has to do with anything when we know she had texted that she was lost?

Just going back over some of the earlier articles...

Police release haunting footage of missing UVA student Hannah Graham running outside gas station and stumbling outside pub at 1am as parents reveal they now fear 'foul play'
PUBLISHED: 11:29 EST, 17 September 2014 | UPDATED: 00:54 EST, 18 September 2014
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-outside-Shell-gas-station-breaking-run.html

Hannah Graham is alleged to have ventured into a poor neighborhood in the early hours of Saturday morning, according to residents. The student is known to have sent a text message saying she was lost.

Investigators were spotted following blood hounds around Friendship Court, a low income housing development across the railway tracks from Charlottesville’s upmarket Downtown Mall area.

Shop keepers have offered police video footage which appears to show the 18-year-old student walking through the red-brick pedestrian street. And it appears that Hannah may have cross the tracks into Garret St, a notorious area of Charlottesville close to the city’s Old Town.

One resident told Mail Online: ‘There were police with blood hounds down here yesterday. The dogs were following a trail around Friendship Court and men were searching through the bushes.’

Hannah was last seen by friends at Camden Plaza Apartments, in Charlottesville at 11.50pm on Friday night at a party with another male friend and police have said she was heavily intoxicated.

At 1:20am, friends waiting at a party for the student got a text from her saying that she was lost in the area around 14th and Wertland Streets, which is near the student's own off-campus home.

'She had been drinking quite a bit,' said Charlottesville Police Captain Gary Pleasants to WRIC.

'She told him that she was leaving and going home. He asked if he could walk her home and she said no she was fine. He stayed and she left.'

Over the next 35 minutes she sent increasingly erratic texts to her friends. 'One text message said, 'I'm lost in the area of 14th and Wertland' said Pleasants. 'It's in an area she's very familiar with.'

Just after 1.30 her phone was either switched off or ran out of batteries and she has not been heard from since.

The surveillance footage from Friday night of Hannah shows her running inside her apartment block at 9.30pm on the night she went missing.
At the request of the family her address is not being made public.

Her friend, Sophia Lamrissi-Garcia, who was partying with Hannah at one of her sorority events, told the station she had considered getting a cab home, but decided she would walk instead. 'At that point in the night you think you're doing the right thing walking alone but it's not always the right decision to make', Sophia added.

New clues emerge in Graham case ~After five days, search for missing second-year student continues
Sep 18 2014
http://www.cavalierdaily.com/article/2014/09/graham-investigation-day-five

Police say Graham met friends for dinner Friday on the Corner. Her next known location was at GrandMarc apartments on 15th Street, where she is seen in a video footage screenshot timestamped 9:33 p.m.

Graham remained with friends until 11 p.m., Longo said, at which time she proceeded to at least two other locations in the 14th Street area.

Students have confirmed one of these locations was The Pointe apartment complex, where Graham attended a party.

"When she left the second location, we believe that she lost her bearings," Longo said. "She was lost."

Charlottesville Police spokesperson Lt. Ronnie Roberts said an eyewitness in the area saw Graham near 14th Street around 12:15 a.m. Saturday.

The DailyMail article misses the party at The Pointe, which seems to have come to light on Sept. 18. Don't you wonder why it took so long for that party at The Pointe to be referenced?

The big-ten school I went to had a very similar set up. Main Street was a place students were aware of, went sometimes during the day to wander around and into shops, etc., but to hang out... they stuck around the area near the frats, about a 1.5 miles away. It's not to say they would NEVER have ventured "downtown," it's just a place that wasn't quite the student world. It was a slightly older demographic. The place you went with mom and dad, or maybe on a "real date" or maybe if you wanted a change of scenery at night. But if you were going out on a typical Friday or Saturday night and were just looking to maybe run into some people you knew or people you might want to meet... you stuck around the other side of campus. Maybe the idea is harder for people to imagine who didn't go to schools with that sort of set up.

I don't think people are saying "stay away from" -- I think people are saying that FIRST AND SECOND YEAR STUDENTS wouldn't necessarily have that as a center of gravity/place they would know well THEIR FIRST AND SECOND YEARS. I went to a school that was similar. I don't know why this is so hard to imagine. JMO.

He supposedly bought the drinks at 1:10.

What I still can't get a grip on is why nobody missed her until Sunday afternoon? She seemed very popular, involved in a lot of groups, etc., etc. She's going from party to party all alone, wandering around in the wee hours of the night texting people that she's lost, and no one even knew she never came home? Very strange...

Maybe friends knew she was heading out to meet a guy and assumed she was going to spend the night/weekend with him. Radars didn't go off until their texts/calls aren't being acknowledged??? It's not uncommon for college kids to hook up and spend the next day lounging around together.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bannosusan5
Back