Hannah's Journey on 09/13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Sorry, you are right, and btw that is a mobile link, opps. So I guessing that's why it wouldn't work.

So I have a map below from 225 14th (which I learned turns into Madison further up coincidently). It shows The Pointe, McGradys, and the 2nd street entrance of the downtown mall. Looking at it, I'm even more confused, why it took her so long to get to Mcgrady's....

image.jpg

Thanks for the map! I have seen others write that HG was on Preston in the opposite direction of the DTM, but I can't figure that one out. The street that runs in front of McGrady's is Grady...I can't see her on the video prior to her walking towards McGrady's Pub on Grady Ave. Am I missing something?
Looking at this I'm wondering if maybe she just came from behind Mcgrady's through one of the parking lots to the right of the building? I I dunno though image.jpg

Yes, this is my understanding of where The Pointe is as well. ThinkHard, it looks like you've got a marker down where Oxford Hill Apartments are on Madison. (which are owned by the same company, but different apartments).

Yup your right, I think that may also be their business office address. Thanks for the catch.

Police announce 'big break' in hunt for missing teen Hannah Graham as they search car and apartment complex
http://www.manewsday.com/national/7...as-they-search-car-and-apartment-complex.html
09/19/2014 12:25:00

"Chief Longo said investigators had obtained video footage from across the city and had also seized electronic equipment from Hannah's apartment.

Hannah Graham is alleged to have ventured into a rough neighborhood in the early hours of Saturday morning, according to residents.

The student is known to have sent a text message saying she was lost.

Investigators were spotted following bloodhounds around Friendship Court, a low income housing development across the railway tracks from Charlottesville's upmarket Downtown Mall area.

Store owners have offered police video footage which appears to show the 18-year-old student walking through the red-brick pedestrian street.

And it appears that Hannah may have cross the tracks into Garret St, a notorious area of Charlottesville close to the city's Old Town.

One resident told MailOnline: 'There were police with blood hounds down here yesterday. The dogs were following a trail around Friendship Court and men were searching through the bushes.' "

Wonder if this was before DTM, or after?

'Thanks to those who corrected me about The Pointe apts location. I had, indeed, used the 780 Madison address I had seen earlier on the thread and built my theory from there. Back to the drawing board, I guess!

Police announce 'big break' in hunt for missing teen Hannah Graham as they search car and apartment complex
http://www.manewsday.com/national/7...as-they-search-car-and-apartment-complex.html

"Chief Longo said investigators had obtained video footage from across the city and had also seized electronic equipment from Hannah's apartment.

Hannah Graham is alleged to have ventured into a rough neighborhood in the early hours of Saturday morning, according to residents.

Investigators were spotted following bloodhounds around Friendship Court, a low income housing development across the railway tracks from Charlottesville's upmarket Downtown Mall area.

Store owners have offered police video footage which appears to show the 18-year-old student walking through the red-brick pedestrian street.

And it appears that Hannah may have cross the tracks into Garret St, a notorious area of Charlottesville close to the city's Old Town.

One resident told MailOnline: 'There were police with blood hounds down here yesterday. The dogs were following a trail around Friendship Court and men were searching through the bushes.' "

I'd think it would have to be before. Maybe before we see her at McGrady's. maybe she thought she was taking a short cut to the DM.

I'm pretty sure I know where they are talking about, that whole area btw Preston/Main/ and the railroad tracks is not the best, I use to take a cut through, through there regularly.

I've gotten lost in their a few times, I believe their are some projects...if memory serves me they are mostly one story and all in a row (I seem to remember them being blue on top yellow on the bottom but I might be mistaken and not that it matters). It was pretty obvious to me even lost in the daylight in there, that it wasnt a place I wanted to frequent. I'm thinking HG might have been equally as observant, and was trying to get out of there. That's why we see her come out on Preston. Just an idea.

I think it would be after. It sounds like JM was parked near 4th and Water. So after leaving Tempo, that area would be on the likely route out to Old Lynchburg Road. I think LE was looking for her phone.

I think it would be after. It sounds like JM was parked near 4th and Water. So after leaving Tempo, that area would be on the likely route out to Old Lynchburg Road. I think LE was looking for her phone.

HA we just wrote opposite things!

Here's the thing though with that theory...why would HG be seen leaving Tempo with JM , likely in a car, but then be walking on foot through the projects. That's still a good distance from the DM when your on foot. If she could hardly stand would she really walk that far? And if JM was after her, would he really let her?

The other thing is a think its far more likely she was coming from the point, trying to get to the DM, I think she thought she could take a cut through, but then realized it wasn't the greatest place to be cutting through, its really confusing in there. So she gets herself to a main road, and sees Mcgrady's as a reference point. Because from that point on she heads straight to the DM.

Additionally I'm in disagreement with you on that being a likely route for JM to dip out f town. He would have just followed water up a few blocks turn left onto ridge...which is a straight shot and becomes OLR. Its also almost immediately becomes a residential area, then farm land.

I find it interesting that we haven't heard one way or another if LE found any more evidence at the scene of the crime, along OLRoad, or if they've found her phone, shoes, shirt. It doesn't sound like LE is searching at all anymore -and I haven't heard if locals are encouraged to keep an eye out for her things...I feel like these objects -especially her phone- would give us more clues on how HG travelled that night.
Locals - is it as quiet there as it is in the media?

HA we just wrote opposite things!

Here's the thing though with that theory...why would HG be seen leaving Tempo with JM , likely in a car, but then be walking on foot through the projects. That's still a good distance from the DM when your on foot. If she could hardly stand would she really walk that far? And if JM was after her, would he really let her?

The other thing is a think its far more likely she was coming from the point, trying to get to the DM, I think she thought she could take a cut through, but then realized it wasn't the greatest place to be cutting through, its really confusing in there. So she gets herself to a main road, and sees Mcgrady's as a reference point. Because from that point on she heads straight to the DM.

Additionally I'm in disagreement with you on that being a likely route for JM to dip out f town. He would have just followed water up a few blocks turn left onto ridge...which is a straight shot and becomes OLR. Its also almost immediately becomes a residential area, then farm land.

Just a thought...
What Hannah refused to get into JM's car at 4th and Water, started to walk away, and he pursued her (to Garrett)?

Just going back over some of the earlier articles...

Police release haunting footage of missing UVA student Hannah Graham running outside gas station and stumbling outside pub at 1am as parents reveal they now fear 'foul play'
PUBLISHED: 11:29 EST, 17 September 2014 | UPDATED: 00:54 EST, 18 September 2014
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-outside-Shell-gas-station-breaking-run.html

Hannah Graham is alleged to have ventured into a poor neighborhood in the early hours of Saturday morning, according to residents. The student is known to have sent a text message saying she was lost.

Investigators were spotted following blood hounds around Friendship Court, a low income housing development across the railway tracks from Charlottesville’s upmarket Downtown Mall area.

Shop keepers have offered police video footage which appears to show the 18-year-old student walking through the red-brick pedestrian street. And it appears that Hannah may have cross the tracks into Garret St, a notorious area of Charlottesville close to the city’s Old Town.

One resident told Mail Online: ‘There were police with blood hounds down here yesterday. The dogs were following a trail around Friendship Court and men were searching through the bushes.’

Hannah was last seen by friends at Camden Plaza Apartments, in Charlottesville at 11.50pm on Friday night at a party with another male friend and police have said she was heavily intoxicated.

At 1:20am, friends waiting at a party for the student got a text from her saying that she was lost in the area around 14th and Wertland Streets, which is near the student's own off-campus home.

'She had been drinking quite a bit,' said Charlottesville Police Captain Gary Pleasants to WRIC.

'She told him that she was leaving and going home. He asked if he could walk her home and she said no she was fine. He stayed and she left.'

Over the next 35 minutes she sent increasingly erratic texts to her friends. 'One text message said, 'I'm lost in the area of 14th and Wertland' said Pleasants. 'It's in an area she's very familiar with.'

Just after 1.30 her phone was either switched off or ran out of batteries and she has not been heard from since.

The surveillance footage from Friday night of Hannah shows her running inside her apartment block at 9.30pm on the night she went missing.
At the request of the family her address is not being made public.

Her friend, Sophia Lamrissi-Garcia, who was partying with Hannah at one of her sorority events, told the station she had considered getting a cab home, but decided she would walk instead. 'At that point in the night you think you're doing the right thing walking alone but it's not always the right decision to make', Sophia added.

New clues emerge in Graham case ~After five days, search for missing second-year student continues
Sep 18 2014
http://www.cavalierdaily.com/article/2014/09/graham-investigation-day-five

Police say Graham met friends for dinner Friday on the Corner. Her next known location was at GrandMarc apartments on 15th Street, where she is seen in a video footage screenshot timestamped 9:33 p.m.

Graham remained with friends until 11 p.m., Longo said, at which time she proceeded to at least two other locations in the 14th Street area.

Students have confirmed one of these locations was The Pointe apartment complex, where Graham attended a party.

"When she left the second location, we believe that she lost her bearings," Longo said. "She was lost."

Charlottesville Police spokesperson Lt. Ronnie Roberts said an eyewitness in the area saw Graham near 14th Street around 12:15 a.m. Saturday.

The DailyMail article misses the party at The Pointe, which seems to have come to light on Sept. 18. Don't you wonder why it took so long for that party at The Pointe to be referenced?

"I'm lost in the area of 14th and Wertland"
The way this text is phrased is very strange. IMO, if HG did get in the car willingly with JM, he asked where she lived pretending he was going to take her there, then sent this text to make LE think she got lost near her apartment.

Chief Longo is a law school grad as well as a retired Baltimore high-ranking police officer. As skilled as he is at utilizing the media, he's not going to tip his hand before he needs to and all the respective ducks are lined up.

"I'm lost in the area of 14th and Wertland"
The way this text is phrased is very strange. IMO, if HG did get in the car willingly with JM, he asked where she lived pretending he was going to take her there, then sent this text to make LE think she got lost near her apartment.

I'm still not convinced JM sent that text. I think Hannah did, though I don't know how I see things playing out.

If your scenario is accurate...I'm confused about the timing I guess. That text was either sent at 106 or 120. They were spotted on cameras at 108, and in front of tempo at 140. So if he didn't send it till she was in his car...wouldn't it have been later?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
username_not_found
Back