Has the case fizzled a bit?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Um, Their duty is to protect, counsel and negotiate for the client within the boundaries of the law. To help them navigate the law and represent them.

And it is the clients duty to listen and follow advice of their counsel.

"As a representative of clients, a lawyer performs various functions. As advisor, a lawyer provides a client with an informed understanding of the client's legal rights and obligations and explains their practical implications. As advocate, a lawyer zealously asserts the client's position under the rules of the adversary system. As negotiator, a lawyer seeks a result advantageous to the client but consistent with requirements of honest dealings with others. As an evaluator, a lawyer acts by examining a client's legal affairs and reporting about them to the client or to others."

http://www.americanbar.org/groups/p...s_of_professional_conduct_preamble_scope.html

Um, Their duty is to protect, counsel and negotiate for the client within the boundaries of the law. To help them navigate the law and represent them.

What the Haddon Law Firm did to Tom Miller was hardly within the boundaries of the law! They should have been disbarred.

Speaking of being disbarred, Scarlett, since you're so concerned with people making money off of JB, I wouldn't look to closely at their lawyer Lin Wood, were I you! he BRAGS about it in open court!

Great quote. He is correct if you ask me.

Scarlett, Lin Wood is nothing but scum. He may be rich scum, but he's still scum. He should be disbarred for what he's done. I summed up my feelings a while ago:

I'm sure some of you have been wondering where I've been. You might even be glad to see me back. Well, there's some people who will NOT be so glad to hear from me again. And this "Shootin' from the Lip" series is dedicated to just those people.

People like...Lin Wood. I'm sorry, Woody, but you know you're a slime-bag AND a liar. Folks, this guy's own mother slapped the stork that delivered him.

This man is not content to express his own rights under the First Amendment. He wants to make sure that YOU can't. And to that end, he bullies people, he threatens the livelihood of anyone who speaks against him. For years, this man has run a one-man crusade, under the guise of fairness, to shut down anyone who disagrees with his view of society. Worse, he uses his law degree the way a hooker uses her body: as a consistent revenue stream. And believe me, if there was a hooker HERE, I'd apologize for making the comparison right now. I don't care how much money he has, or how many thoroughbred horses and cherry-red Jaguars he owns; that's no substitute for having a soul.

Remember when the Carnes decision came down? That was his moment in the sun. It didn't matter that none of the real evidence was provided. He, and his followers on the Internet boards (you know who you are) repeated it as fact that his clients were proven innocent.

Speaking of real evidence, it's revealing to note that even notorious shysters like Hal Haddon and his merry band of rats hate this guy.

Well, Mr. Wood, let me tell you this: I think I speak for the majority when I say that we don't want a greedy, unprincipled, self-righteous, pompous jerk with an ax to grind looking down his nose at us from Mount Olympus, campaigning to strip away the Constitutional rights that every American is guaranteed concerning freedom of speech, freedom of choice and freedom of peaceable assembly. Those are facts, Mr. Wood. Not rumors, not assumptions, not suppositions, but FACTS. You ought to try dealing with them sometime.

But if all of this has going on for so long, why am I so mad now? I'll tell you why. Because not so long ago, I was threatened gleefully by Lin Wood's proxies. Well, folks, I'm not a man you want to threaten, especially with lawsuits. Because, as the saying goes, "the higher the monkey climbs, the more he shows his *advertiser censored*."

Go ahead, Lin Wood: SUE MY *advertiser censored*! And kiss it while you're down there! Because I've looked scarier things in the face and laughed. But you won't be laughing long when you see my witness list. I will summon and call everyone involved in this case who is not DEAD! Because, win, lose or draw, I will use the power of deposition to put them all through the wringer! And, brother, the things that I will squeeze out.

In closing, Lin Wood, the way you have used the body of a murdered angel to enrich your own personal finances and to force your beliefs on the rest of us is more VULGAR and more VILE and more OBSCENE than anything you've ever falsely accused any of your opponents of being guilty of. And on behalf of all the murdered children whose killers got away with it, and on behalf of all the people who are sick of you and people like you, you go to HELL, Lin Wood! And try to reform things down there. Because w'll get along just fine without you.

Well that is how you feel about Lin Wood, but he is a practicing atty. Not disbarred and works within the law.

SuperDave said:
<snip>I will summon and call everyone involved in this case who is not DEAD! Because, win, lose or draw, I will use the power of deposition to put them all through the wringer! And, brother, the things that I will squeeze out.
Depositions brought on by subpoena when a law suit opens the gates ... nice tactic SuperDave. :)

Seems we have a bit of conflict:

By midafternoon, after studying the autopsy results, Eller still had unanswered questions about the body. Chief Koby pointed out to him that the body itself had become evidence, and to release it at this point could affect the investigation. Eller and the coroner agreed.

A short time later, an agitated Pete Hofstrom came into Eller's office. "Pete, we need to talk to the Ramseys."

"You can't ransom the body for an interview," Hofstrom shot back.

"We are not 'ransoming' the body. It's premature to release it."

-Thomas, pp 51-52

The folks know what it means.

There were a lot better ways to do that, if that had been their intent.

Thanks for your post, SD. To further the info about the body release, there was this from Kolar's book: In September 1997, family friend and attorney MB told Diane Sawyer on national tv that the R&#8217;s had not considered getting an attorney until after he (MB) had allegedly been told by the DA&#8217;s office that the police were refusing to release the body for burial unless the parents provided interviews with the investigators. He claimed it was at that stage that he stepped up and told the investigators, &#8220;Hell, no, you&#8217;re not getting an interview.&#8221; MB went on to claim that it was this investigators/BPD action that precipitated the hire of lawyers.

However, Lt. Eller had not considered hanging on to the body until December 28. The H lawyers had started their process on behalf of the R&#8217;s on December 26. Eller&#8217;s claim, if one trusts the truth of the police, was that it was not to hold a body for &#8220;ransom&#8221; for interviews, but to review what other forensic work might need to be completed which would shed light on &#8220;the mechanics&#8221; of the murder. The phrase &#8220;ransom of the body&#8221; was coined by PH of the DA&#8217;s office. It was not coined by the police. Yet somehow, the R lawyers, specifically MB, heard the phrase and fanned the flames of how unethical the police were. Nope, no leaks nor misportrayals from the DA&#8217;s office. Uh, ok, may be just this one little leak/misportrayal to MB. MHO and my own research from Kolar&#8217;s book.

In this internet article Coroner Meyer went on to state that the investigators&#8217; request did not hold up the release of the body in any way.

Guess on this one you either believe the police were acting like police should or you believe the BPD were up to no good, and you trust the R lawyers. moo

What the Haddon Law Firm did to Tom Miller was hardly within the boundaries of the law! They should have been disbarred.

Speaking of being disbarred, Scarlett, since you're so concerned with people making money off of JB, I wouldn't look to closely at their lawyer Lin Wood, were I you! he BRAGS about it in open court!
Yup!

13 MR. WOOD: And it will be the
14 pleasure of my career when I take you down, and
15 that day may yet come because you still run

16 your mouth to the media so much that you're
17 going to get yourself sued eventually, you're
18 going to get your experts sued eventually, so

19 you just keep the business coming, Darnay. It's
20 really good for my pocketbook. I'm taking a
21 recess.
22 MR. HOFFMAN: I know in this case

23 that the Ramseys aren't paying a penny, the
24 insurance company is paying you finally, okay,
25 which is nice --
1 MR. WOOD: Hey, I made more money
2 handling the Ramsey case than you've made in
3 your whole damn career practicing law, Darnay.
4 MR. HOFFMAN: -- instead of settling

5 for chump change, which you've done in all these
6 other cases, you're actually getting paid a
7 decent --
8 MR. WOOD: I've made more money in
9 the Ramsey case than you've made in your entire
10 career as a lawyer, you want to bet on that?
For reference:
[ame="http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showpost.php?p=45218&postcount=1"]Forums For Justice - View Single Post - Darnay Hoffman at work[/ame]

And this means what??
Really?

Lin Wood is good at what he does. He stays within the law and if he is your atty you have a pit bull working for you.
So he may not be a likable guy. He is not getting paid to be liked.

AND Again, It has nothing to do with the job he is doing. It has nothing to do with the Ramseys being innocent or guilty.

All this is is stuff posted to incite anger and hatred toward the R's and their legal team but it means nothing. Really..

I will take the Coroner's word for it over the story telling from ST book. That is an account that is biased.

The coroner speaking for himself is not. It is fact. The accounting from a book that wanted to point all the fingers at the Ramsey's to make himself feel better, Not so much.

Not into dragon's myself. So I guess that will just have to be left to what it is.

Did you hear this from the coroner's mouth directly? No, you didn't. You read it in a newspaper article, which I guess in your mind is more credible than a book by a respected law enforcement officer. Go figure... :rolleyes:

Did you hear this from the coroner's mouth directly? No, you didn't. You read it in a newspaper article, which I guess in your mind is more credible than a book by a respected law enforcement officer. Go figure... :rolleyes:

He was contacted and relayed it directly to a reporter for a newspaper and he knew it would be printed. That is first hand.

A book account that goes from one person to another with the spin of the Author to serve the purpose of their book, Not the same thing.

Respected by whom? Respect is earned not free.

I thought it was common practice to link information as facts with MSM articles for confirmation... Funny how in this instance, not so much.

He was contacted and relayed it directly to a reporter for a newspaper and he knew it would be printed. That is first hand.

A book account that goes from one person to another with the spin of the Author to serve the purpose of their book, Not the same thing.

Respected by whom? Respect is earned not free.

I thought it was common practice to link information as facts with MSM articles for confirmation... Funny how in this instance, not so much.

Seriously? Are you kidding? This is NOT first hand information! A press conference with the coroner speaking directly into the mike is first hand! You are taking the article's author's word as gold. Why is he any more credible, as a reporter wanting a headline, than ST is as an author of a book? I would think ST would certainly have more inside information on this than some two bit hack, but I'm sure you don't see it that way. Nice try, but no cigar on that one.

Seriously? Are you kidding? This is NOT first hand information! A press conference with the coroner speaking directly into the mike is first hand! You are taking the article's author's word as gold. Why is he any more credible, as a reporter wanting a headline, than ST is as an author of a book? I would think ST would certainly have more inside information on this than some two bit hack, but I'm sure you don't see it that way. Nice try, but no cigar on that one.

Yes.. That is what first hand means. It means the person with the information speaks directly to the persons or people.

It means that they got up at a mike and told the world first hand on their own volition without a filter, What took place.

You got it right from the horses mouth. That is first hand.

Again. MSM articles are used here as back up yes?

Yes, Because ST is certainly not biased at all..

Yes.. That is what first hand means. It means the person with the information speaks directly to the persons or people.

It means that they got up at a mike and told the world first hand on their own volition without a filter, What took place.

You got it right from the horses mouth. That is first hand.

Again. MSM articles are used here as back up yes?

Yes, Because ST is certainly not biased at all..

As the R's lawyer's wouldn't have any bias to try to persuade opinion to the R's side? The article states:

"My impression at the time was it was sort of a trial balloon, wondering if we could do that," Meyer said. "It was, could we do this ... not necessarily to force the family, but could we put a hold on the body until they do come to an interview."

He says they were "wondering if they could" and "not necessarily to force the family" Later it states that bodies are typically held for 24 to 72 hours AFTER autopsies to see "if anything else comes up".

Maybe the R's should have called their lawyers first on that Dec. 26th, 1996 morning instead of the police first. Shouldn't they have had a lawyer before calling 911 to make sure the had protection?

As the R's lawyer's wouldn't have any bias to try to persuade opinion to the R's side? The article states:

"My impression at the time was it was sort of a trial balloon, wondering if we could do that," Meyer said. "It was, could we do this ... not necessarily to force the family, but could we put a hold on the body until they do come to an interview."

He says they were "wondering if they could" and "not necessarily to force the family" Later it states that bodies are typically held for 24 to 72 hours AFTER autopsies to see "if anything else comes up".

Maybe the R's should have called their lawyers first on that Dec. 26th, 1996 morning instead of the police first. Shouldn't they have had a lawyer before calling 911 to make sure the had protection?

Im sure the lawyer would have but he is defending his client, Standing up for his client. He is not the LAW who is always supposed to be above board.

They called the police because their child was missing.. Pretty sure that is what you do.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_ks
Back