Has the search been called off

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They have been searching within a 3 mile radius of the airport as well as areas near the landfill. There were some things found and searchers were sent over the same areas a couple of times to see if other things could be found. Our group was in an area near the landfill where things had previously been collected. It was somewhat muddy and wet in certain areas that led to wooded areas.

Thanks for that info! So, near the landfill, not in the landfill, right? I wonder what was found in those search areas.

I find it really odd that none of the other stations have posted anything about this either.........

ETA: Nevermind. I saw that WFTV has it too.

I'm hoping the found Caylee, snd are smoke-screening.

IMO, it sounds like TM has some very specific info to work with.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/p...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

(snip)
During a 3 p.m. news conference with Orange County Sheriff Kevin Beary, Miller he feared the searchers' vehicles could possibly run over the body of Caylee Anthony if she was submerged under flood waters. Miller said he did not want to compromise any evidence.
Miller also stressed that the suspension of the search is only temporary, and that the group would return to find Caylee as soon conditions improve.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=7378423&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35, Orlando) -- Texas Equusearch announced today that it will cease searching for Caylee Anthony -- at least for now.

The team of volunteers -- which numbered in the thousands Saturday -- is disbanding due to flooding conditions which director Tim Miller said has been preventing them from being able to properly search for the missing toddler.

During a 3 p.m. news conference with Orange County Sheriff Kevin Beary, Miller he feared the searchers' vehicles could possibly run over the body of Caylee Anthony if she was submerged under flood waters. Miller said he did not want to compromise any evidence.

I'm thinking maybe some of the search areas are knee-deep with water--too shallow for airboats but doable with walking. Problem with walking, though, is that you can't see what you're walking on, so then maybe the body could be damaged. I don't know.

Thank you Halley. You say it was muddy and wet--similar to the conditions Tim described? As in so wet it was unsearchable? Just trying to make sense of this.

No, not at all. As long as you had boots on you could walk through it. And, as I said, they have boats for the areas that are really watery. Not to mention the dogs.

I would have found it more believable if they finished out the day.

The watery areas were being searched by professionals in airboats. What is the point of searching in an airboat of your afraid something will happen to the body. Then how will they ever find a body in the water?

Msybe they have OTHER reasons for suspending? Like they found something important?

IMO, it sounds like TM has some very specific info to work with.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/p...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

(snip)
Miller also stressed that the suspension of the search is only temporary, and that the group would return to find Caylee as soon conditions improve.

Was it ever reported if concrete pavers were missing?

No, not at all. As long as you had boots on you could walk through it. And, as I said, they have boats for the areas that are really watery. Not to mention the dogs.

I would have found it more believable if they finished out the day.

Good point...

I'm hoping the found Caylee, snd are smoke-screening.

I wouldn't doubt that LE would smoke-screen, but I can't see Tim Miller doing that. He'd more likely just give no explanation.

wonder why they decided to do it today, I mean the conditions have been the same since they started the search right? what changed from then til now? The water has been up, but I was under the impression it was going down. It makes no sense. With the threat of another hurricane being a possibility, you would think that everybody would want to get as much done as possible prior to more rain. Even if Ike goes south they are likely to pick up more rain from it and that would only make it more difficult, right?

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know any of the specific places they were searching today?

I thought it was around Sawgrass Plantation, just south-west of the airport?

what I am thinking from what Tim is saying about Condtions; is he has a really good hunch they know where she is and cant get to her because of all the water. But I agree with you all.........somethings up!

I think so, too.

I also find it interesting that Sherrif Berry was on scene today. He's never been there any day that I was there. He provided all that equipment and money only to have the search be called off and he's okay with that?

I wouldn't doubt that LE would smoke-screen, but I can't see Tim Miller doing that. He'd more likely just give no explanation.

That's my gut feeling too. I think TM would be more circumspect and not create an elaborate false explanation. That's just not his style.

Many people have travelled from far away to search this weekend and have brought atvs, horses, dogs, etc. And he's going to send them home without even finishing out the day? There are a few more hours of daylight left to search.
Maybe they stopped the search because there is no longer a REASON to search? I hope!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missledet
Back