• No, I've always thought he wasn't involved

Votes: 56 21.5%
  • Other

Votes: 8 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still feel the same way.
RC, MC, TN, and AS all know what happened to HaLeigh.

Thanks button wasn't enough, IaH. Not only do they know, they are all guilty either of harming or concealing little Haleigh. I believe Tommy got involved trying to help his sister and now he has no idea how to get out of it without ratting out RC. I do believe he is extremely afraid of RC and the rat in the mailbox was to remind him that he better stay afraid! MHOO!
I never want to see that video clip of TN again. The one where she is stating that Misty needs to be hung. That smile said it all to me. She will be rid of Misty, finally, when Ron testifies against her in Haleigh's death. I only hope that LE is not falling for this garbage. If Ron accuses Misty of killing Haleigh I hope he will have to pass a LDT as well as provide concrete proof and a very detailed timeline.

Thanks button wasn't enough, IaH. Not only do they know, they are all guilty either of harming or concealing little Haleigh. I believe Tommy got involved trying to help his sister and now he has no idea how to get out of it without ratting out RC. I do believe he is extremely afraid of RC and the rat in the mailbox was to remind him that he better stay afraid! MHOO!
I never want to see that video clip of TN again. The one where she is stating that Misty needs to be hung. That smile said it all to me. She will be rid of Misty, finally, when Ron testifies against her in Haleigh's death. I only hope that LE is not falling for this garbage. If Ron accuses Misty of killing Haleigh I hope he will have to pass a LDT as well as provide concrete proof and a very detailed timeline.
& if he claims Misty killed Haleigh, & passes an LDT, I want him asked why he covered for her. I don't think an honest answer to that, is asking for too much.

ABSOLUTELY NOT. The information revealed by Dr. Archer and Kim Picazio strengthens my theory that Ron was angry with Misty and he wanted revenge.

If it's true Ron gave Misty a gun to protect herself during the night while he was at work, why did he make sure to remove it from her before he went to work the night his daughter disappeared? Maybe he wanted to prevent himself from being shot when he came into the bedroom to take HaLeigh. What other reason could he possibly have for leaving Misty defenseless on the night his daughter was stolen from his bedroom?

I think Ron may have already had the cuts on his hands before he arrived home from work and he hit the door on the car or the house to create an alibi for himself. The bandage on his neck could be covering a deep scratch, and his neck looks roughed up on the video where Ron is walking arm-in-arm with Misty. It looks to me like he was involved in a struggle with a person who had their hands clasped around his neck.

Dr. Archer said that Ron’s 98 phone calls to Misty show he was obsessed (more like possessed IMO) that night and that reeks of a guilty conscience, so what did Ron do to cause him to have a guilty conscience?

Kim Picazio dropped a BOMBSHELL when she revealed the news we have all been waiting to hear, “Ron was not telling the entire truth when he said that he was at work the whole time and things of that nature. Well, there are some reports that have been substantiated or not by law enforcement about the time that he did get to work and prior nights where he had left work. And we also had confirmation from a security guard at his employer`s that on two occasions Ron had the children, Haleigh and her little brother, Junior sleeping in the car, while he was at work and came to check out on them."

<snipped>

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Let me say this. Dr. Dale Archer, why would any father leave their child with a woman who has allegedly, purportedly been on a drug and cheating binge the last three days, and who doesn`t want to baby-sit the child?

DR. DALE ARCHER, PSYCHIATRIST: No. And first of all, any good father wouldn`t do that.

Second of all, 90 phone calls, if that is true, that`s an obsession. Then the question would be what would trigger that? That`s not because she was on a three-day party binge. That reeks to me of a guilty conscience.

PICAZIO: We did come to know some of those things. Ron has to have known about those things and Ron was not telling the entire truth when he said that he was at work the whole time and things of that nature.

PICAZIO: Well, there are some reports that have been substantiated or not by law enforcement about the time that he did get to work and prior nights where he had left work. And we also had confirmation from a security guard at his employer`s that on two occasions Ron had the children, Haleigh and her little brother, Junior sleeping in the car, while he was at work and came to check out on them.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1008/20/ijvm.01.html

Wow, I hadnt heard about his taking the kids to work and leaving them in the car. That brings me back to the possibilty of a dosing gone awry theory. It also sort of speaks to the likelihood of Ron not wanting to leave the kids with Misty after a cheating binger (if that's what it was) as well as the probability of Misty not even wanting to babysit the kids at that time if she were wiped out and/ or hungover from partying or arguing or what have you.

So that is how Misty came to be without the usual gun under the pillow that night, of all nights? Ron removed it? Hate to sound dismissive, but a big ole, "how conveeeeeenient," said in my best Dana Carvey Church Lady voice, springs to mind at the moment.

Or maybe I'm confused yet again. IDK

moo

I heard there was a break in this case last night and have been trying to catch up but I can't make sense of these statements/confessions! First of all, where is this Joe right now? I have always heard his name but until now I thought they weren't all that interested in him anymore- did he take/pass a poly? What kind of record does he have? One does not wake up one day and end up dealing in machine guns and THE MURDER OF A CHILD out of the blue! COULD Joe have been so mad about this supposed gun not being there that he became enraged? Of course, esp. if RC is his "arms dealer"! I'll bet RC has botched 'business" before...and yet, IF this did happen and IF is psycho enough to attack or kill a human being on the spot in retaliation-- then WHY didn't he go after MISTY???
He must be some kind of crazy and evil to turn on Hailey; again, does he have a history of assault? Even serious and connected criminals rarely go after innocent kids; they know it's as bad as killing a cop. IF it did happen this way, I can understand Misty hiding at first but as soon as Hailey was in danger, why oh why did she do absolutely nothing to save her? Is it possible Misty being so young and clueless- God, her letters were on a 2-3rd grade level at best. So, could she have just frozen in fear- of Joe's rage and RC's inevitable freakout? Obviously, she was following some kind of instructions as soon as she started using her phone; probably this also had to do with drugs and GOD KNOWS these people would rather make up lie after lie as a child is murdered, rather than reveal the truth:"Hey officers! First of all, I'm a doper, not gonna lie."... ANYONE who watches true crime like 48 hrs KNOWS this is the detective's cue to act all "Hey man, I'm a homicide detective. I could care less about arresting you for dope (well, not yet, anyway, but that will their own fault) right now!! There is an endangered child MISSING- help me find her and I promise we'll cut a plea with any narcotics or weapons charges- OK tell me what you know!!" IF they were soooo 'scared' Joe would come back and hurt them, WHY not give police detailed info. so then the police would see Misty and Ron as victims? WHY not give up Joe's vehicle description- his possible intents and destinations so that he may be found ASAP? WHY didn't either one CALL 911?? Mention a possibly-dead child and I PROMISE you Joe will become one hunted man within minutes! (DUH!) Did they remain silent in exchange for something? And WHY wouldn't they get in RC's truck and GO LOOKING THEMSELVES-!! They should have been asking about police dogs and amber alerts!! And even though the lake would not be a 'happy' destination as the sun came up- they should have CAMPED OUT THERE and demanded it be drained instead of smoking 1000s of cigs and holding hands!! I mean, supposedly Tommy had already let THEM know that, hey, he just rode along with Joe and WATCHED him throw the bag in- did he SERIOUSLY think this story made him like an innocent bystander? And we all know that once Joe was gone, why not have him locked up on suspicion of MURDER until the lake was emptied and they could recover Hayleigh's remains? So Ron's "badass" act was an order from Joe- to point this crime at a stranger? I really want to know what's going on with all this supposed fear of Joe, as if he were a one-man drug cartel with trained ninja assassins?! (o/t, lol, but why would Joe direct all his rage toward a girl in kindergarten?? Has he hurt kids before? o/t but I agree with whoever said this is ALL RC's fault, as he set up this risky/dangerous way of "living"; he was in charge and he failed to do ONE thing to keep his kids far away from dangerous people and situations. I'll bet he thought he was Superman once he won custody, he prob. bragged about it, and I think he enjoyed seeing their mother lose them. It's like if a parent drives drunk with their kid in the car, gets into a wreck and the kid is killed. We can usually believe that this wasn't the parent's INTENT- but it's still their fault. Thanks for allowing me to ramble all over the place; this case just has so MANY "unsolved mysteries."

Jo is home in TN. He was recently arrested for growing marijuana in his backyard and he is out on bail. LE do not consider JO to be a suspect in the disappearance of HaLeigh Cummings. Jo was charged with committing a minor crime when he was a juvenile which he confessed to. Jo does not have a violent history and has never been charged with assault;, Ron Cummings on the other hand has been charged with assault and uttering death threats.

IMO the reason Misty did nothing to protect HaLeigh from danger was because she was blindsighted by Ron and wasn't aware she and the children were in any danger Monday night while Ron was "at work". Ron gave Misty a gun every night to protect herself & the children while he was working the night shift and because he took it away from her on this particular night, he had created a false sense of security in the home since Misty had no need of it until the day Ron removed it from the home and his daughter just happened to disappear. Building this false sense of security explains why Misty was able to sleep without fear without the gun.

It's not too much at all, Dodie. I have never understood why he could be with her when she is supposedly the only person who could know what happened that night. The same holds true for TN and GGMS. Reportedly they hated MC before Haleigh went missing. What in the world could have changed their minds so much after what happened to Haleigh? Watching their behaviour for all these months is what convinced me that the Cummings family is more involved than the Croslins.

My feelings on RC have not changed and while we're at it, nor have the ones for TN for that matter. And yes, that look on her face when she mentioned hanging in the public square, "...gave me the willies, I tell ya whut." [sorry; I cant stop quoting Hank Hill; so I've hit an all time low of referencing cartoon characters.]

I've tried to read all the threads before opening my yapper, but where does obstruction of justice fall in a scenario such as this - hypothetical as it may be at this juncture - I mean as in with the notion of one person squealing on the other one after all this time of saying, "I dont know" and "I wuz at werk." Or is there an immunity protection in these matters? TIA

I am sorely afraid that RC will be getting that immunity by turning on Misty. And I don't think that Misty will turn on him till after that happens and by then it will be too little, too late.

& if he claims Misty killed Haleigh, & passes an LDT, I want him asked why he covered for her. I don't think an honest answer to that, is asking for too much.

If this did come to pass, and Ron receives a lowered sentence for the drug charges, would it be possible that he would be charged in Haleigh's death in some way, like obstruction of justice or accessory after the fact? Forgive me if this is a stupid question. :angel: TIA.

I think its possible that the SA just setup Mr Cummings with this plea deal. In otherwards, the SA could use this plea deal to choke Mr Cummings knowing that he cannot fulfill his obligation with his plea and therefore in the end the plea deal will be taken off the table and Mr Cummings will have to face these charges after all. There is no immunity on the table. I personally think that Mr Cummings has full knowledge of what happened to his daughter and still may be involved in what happened to her. I cannot see the SA allowing Mr Cummings to have the upper hand over them. I personally think Mr Cummings just got himself setup by the SA without his knowledge and the SA will use this plea deal as a leverage to squeeze Mr Cummings hard and in the end Mr Cummings will not have a smirk on his face and will be sitting behind bars for an extremely long time. At least one can hope. I think the key word here is "Truthful" and I don't think Mr Cummings can tell the truth even if his life depended upon it and the SA knows this and will use it. Another thought would be that the SA is using this plea deal to put the squeeze on the other players in this case as well to get them to rat the others out to tell the truth finally. I believe they can still charge Mr Cummings if he is found guilty where HaLeigh is concerned and he was involved. The plea deal was for the drug traffickking charges that were dropped for his testimony to tell the truth, but it does not prevent him from being charged for his involvement if this is the case and I personally feel he is involved.
I've actually considered this, but I have to ask myself, 'how far would LE go, to play Ron?' this far? IDK, because that seems dangerous for LE on appeals & such. but, they showed with that drug bust set-up, that that's exactly how they like to extract justice...with them in complete control, so I'm not dismissing the possibility, that they're at it again. I hope. because Ron doesn't deserve this deal any more than the rest of them. or go ahead & let him have his little drug deal, as promised, but then throw the big charges on him.

Ok. This is what I feel is going on.

Ronald is going to get 15 years. They are going to charge Misty with Murder.

Ron is now obligated by the State to testify at a trial, that would mean he is going to testify against Misty. You dont think Misty isnt going to rat him out? Here she is, looking at life, and he cut a deal and shes covering for him, and he could be out in less that 15?

The State has Ron right where they want him, if he was not suspected in his daughters homicide, he never would have been busted on the drug charges.

Do you really think they will? And when do you think they are going to charge her or anyone for that fact? I'm thinking they are just going to let it all go away.. But I'm going to keep your post and refer to it everytime I get the urge to totally go off on everyone who is handling this investigation....Right now, I am hoping and praying that those of you who have faith in what is going on are right and I am totally wrong in my opinions concerning the subject .....JMO

If Ron has information about what happened to HaLiegh then he is involved, maybe after the fact but he has involvement, other wise he would have no knowledge of what happened to her.

IMO, Ron will always be to blame for how he raised his children around guns, addicts, dope,fighting etc. The recipe for murder.
Ron never protected his children.
TN, GGS are equally to blame thinking it was fine for Ron to have a 16 year old dope/sex addict take care of Haleigh.
Everyone covered this murder up. WHY? and for WHO?
TN,GGS didn't do it for and Croslin.
It all was done for Ron!
Ron probably never got his hands bloody, but in my own opinion he left his daughter
in the hands of dangerous situations and people on drugs.
Just waiting for rape, murder,abuse or overdose.........JMOO

I agree 100% - Well said! and we all know the end result. :furious:

My opinion hasn't changed. I still think he's involved and knows what happened.

Originally posted by Baznme:
In my mind, from morning "one", when he stood there crying and stated "I'd give anything to have my child's life back" and then dropped to his knees because he knew what he had just said told me he knew exactly what had happened. He wasn't believing his daughter had been stolen,...............he knew she was dead!

Respectfully snipped.......

This is so spot on Baznme. I remember thinking how in the world could he possibly know she's dead unless he had been a part of it or Misty had already told him exactly what had happened. Her part in the 911 call was so scripted and she very obviously forgot her lines, at times not even knowing answers to simple questions because they weren't what she was told would be asked!
I'm ready for this to be over so that Haleigh's mom can know where her baby is and these scum to be behind bars where they all deserve to be.

Has my opinion of Ronald's involvement changed? No, it hasn't. From the moment I saw the video where he fell to his knees, I have thought he was involved and continue to think so.

JMO

My opinion of Ron's involvement has not changed..he is up to his eyeballs in this.

The story is that Haleigh was stolen....who was the first person to mention that story....Ron in the 911 call.

I do think their is truth in the story but like others...Ron's name should replace Joe's. If there was no truth, why would GGma Sykes and TN be so adamant to dismiss it. They are not saying prove it...they are saying they don't believe it.

The only thing that has changed is my opinion that there is someone not in jail who is just as scary or maybe scary than Ron who has made threats against the younger Croslin kids to keep both Misty and Tommy too afraid to tell the truth about Ron even now.

IMO, both Misty and Tommy know they did it with Haleigh and got away with it so know Tommy's kids will NEVER be safe if they talk.

If you haven't seen this video from yesterday's proceeding, it's very much worth watching. Listen for the two key words that jump out to me...TRUTHFULLY and CONSECUTIVE.

I don't think the fat lady has sung yet.

I don't think she ever will.

No, Nope .... my opinion has not changed at all!

What I think may happen with this "deal," is it will cause the Cummings family to break rank.

We shall see who decides to continue to support RC and who gets left out! JMHO

I think its possible that the SA just setup Mr Cummings with this plea deal. In otherwards, the SA could use this plea deal to choke Mr Cummings knowing that he cannot fulfill his obligation with his plea and therefore in the end the plea deal will be taken off the table and Mr Cummings will have to face these charges after all. There is no immunity on the table. I personally think that Mr Cummings has full knowledge of what happened to his daughter and still may be involved in what happened to her. I cannot see the SA allowing Mr Cummings to have the upper hand over them. I personally think Mr Cummings just got himself setup by the SA without his knowledge and the SA will use this plea deal as a leverage to squeeze Mr Cummings hard and in the end Mr Cummings will not have a smirk on his face and will be sitting behind bars for an extremely long time. At least one can hope. I think the key word here is "Truthful" and I don't think Mr Cummings can tell the truth even if his life depended upon it and the SA knows this and will use it. Another thought would be that the SA is using this plea deal to put the squeeze on the other players in this case as well to get them to rat the others out to tell the truth finally. I believe they can still charge Mr Cummings if he is found guilty where HaLeigh is concerned and he was involved. The plea deal was for the drug traffickking charges that were dropped for his testimony to tell the truth, but it does not prevent him from being charged for his involvement if this is the case and I personally feel he is involved.

Yes, if RC is directly responsible for killing Haleigh, he can be charged with murder or even manslaughter. This plea deal doesn't protect him from that.

Also, the plea states IF he is called as a witness, he must be TRUTHFUL in his testimony against any others. If he doesn't abide by that agreement, his drug sentence can be changed from concurrent to consecutive, meaning if he is given 15 years each for all three counts, according to the plea deal, he could serve them all at one time. However, if he botches the agreement, his sentence would then become consecutive: 3 x 15 = 45 years (15 + 15 + 15), rather than just 15 years.

The way things are going, I'm afraid RC will have served his entire sentence (concurrently) and be out wandering the streets for years before anything is done in Haleigh's case. :furious: I do hope this isn't so. This child needs justice NOW.

My opinion of Ron's involvement has not changed..he is up to his eyeballs in this.

The story is that Haleigh was stolen....who was the first person to mention that story....Ron in the 911 call.

I do think their is truth in the story but like others...Ron's name should replace Joe's. If there was no truth, why would GGma Sykes and TN be so adamant to dismiss it. They are not saying prove it...they are saying they don't believe it.

The only thing that has changed is my opinion that there is someone not in jail who is just as scary or maybe scary than Ron who has made threats against the younger Croslin kids to keep both Misty and Tommy too afraid to tell the truth about Ron even now.

IMO, both Misty and Tommy know they did it with Haleigh and got away with it so know Tommy's kids will NEVER be safe if they talk.
good points.

Also, regarding the Croslins' safety, "on the inside" are they in general population yet? If not, will they be later? Things happen. Jus sayin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CameraSnap