HCPD contacts Florida LE about skeletal remains that were found

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect that every body that's found from here on out (and sadly there will continue to be bodies found all over the eastern seaboard) will be thought to be Heather until proven otherwise. That seems to be the case in most high profile missing person cases. Even skeletal remains of many years duration, finally found by some person who just happened to be in the area, will likely be thought of as Heather, despite the condition of the remains and the environment around the remains.

I suspect that every body that's found from here on out (and sadly there will continue to be bodies found all over the eastern seaboard) will be thought to be Heather until proven otherwise. That seems to be the case in most high profile missing person cases. Even skeletal remains of many years duration, finally found by some person who just happened to be in the area, will likely be thought of as Heather, despite the condition of the remains and the environment around the remains.
True. People still keep thinking remains found around SC could be Brittanee Drexel, too. The sad part is when the remains are found and no one knows who they are (like the ones found while searching for Heather). You have to wonder how it can be that people that are being searched for are not found, and people who are found are not being searched for.

In the case of children, if the parents are involved then they would not really be "looking" for their missing child.

And in the case of a missing older person, they could be a runaway if in their teen years or have gone missing any number of ways, including of course, a crime. At some point people do sort of give up active searching because no one can comb every square inch of the country. And not every missing person had someone submit their stats, DNA, or dental records into the various state and federal DBs.

I'm sure there are thousands of bodies that have not yet been found, perhaps many that are decades old and those people wouldn't be in any DB since they would have disappeared long before these type of forensic DBs were created. Consider that people in this century occasionally find the skeletons of humans from thousands of years ago that got unearthed or discovered in remote places in the world.

No updates on this? Passing through DeLand. Was thinking about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Body parts found in Florence, HCPD investigators called for Pipkin investigation

Horry County Lt. Robert Kegler said investigators are responding as part of the missing persons investigation involving Angela Pipkin.

According to Florence County Captain Mike Nunn, body parts were found in an area off Papermill Road, which is near the Great Pee Dee River.

more
http://www.wbtw.com/story/25516418/...investigators-called-for-pipkin-investigation

Body parts found in Florence, HCPD investigators called for Pipkin investigation

Horry County Lt. Robert Kegler said investigators are responding as part of the missing persons investigation involving Angela Pipkin.

According to Florence County Captain Mike Nunn, body parts were found in an area off Papermill Road, which is near the Great Pee Dee River.

more
http://www.wbtw.com/story/25516418/...investigators-called-for-pipkin-investigation

WOW, I was just driving between Florence and Marion on HWY 76 last week. I thought as I drove past this area, it SMELLS so badly- it could mask the scent of a body. There are swampy stale mosquito areas along with paper mill smells. It permeates your car when passing through.

Nothing worse than paper mill smells. Gah! You're right, they permeate everything. You could have a dead body on your porch and not smell it over the paper mill.

Hi Carbuff! Yes this spot you would not smell a body- Georgetown the area south of MB where they last looked for Brittanee Drexel is also has a paper mill and is very pungent to say the least. The Georgetown area is also on the way to Summerville-where SM is from, that area is vast swampy and full of animals. Both places that scent of a body could be easily concealed. MOO of course!

The remains haven't been identified yet? There have been no updates???

[/B]
The remains haven't been identified yet? There have been no updates???[/QUOTE]

I know, right.. Wth? Question, can LE use a gag order to not announce the name of remains? I know we have addressed the fact that they may not have any usable DNA, teeth, fingerprints etc.. But just wondering, could they potentially not announce? Maybe while gathering more evidence? I don't know how that would work, but honestly if they have no clue...could they please just say so? PLEASE, GUH! Insomniacs want to know!

I know, right.. Wth? Question, can LE use a gag order to not announce the name of remains? I know we have addressed the fact that they may not have any usable DNA, teeth, fingerprints etc.. But just wondering, could they potentially not announce? Maybe while gathering more evidence? I don't know how that would work, but honestly if they have no clue...could they please just say so? PLEASE, GUH! Insomniacs want to know!

If the remains are not Heather, then it wouldn't pertain to the gag order. If they are, why would they not announce it? Also, wouldn't LE in Florida be in charge? I think the gag order is only for MB/HC LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli