HCPD contacts Florida LE about skeletal remains that were found

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one other question on this. NamUs says "PINK BATH" robe and "HOME-MADE MICKEY MOUSE" sheet. But then it just says "curtains". No color, pattern, type, length, nothing. Why no description on the curtains? And what is specific to make them say "curtains", instead of sheet or table cloth? Plus it is plural, "curtainSt", not curtain.

Agreed..very odd. The plural makes me think not "a" shower curtain but some details would be nice. You'd think that if they were having so much trouble with these remains..they'd go into great detail about the items found with the remains. You'd think they would post pics of those items hoping someone would know who the items belong to,victim or perp. It almost seems as if they are giving us "something" because they are tired of being asked.

The gag order was already in the works prior to the remains being found. This was published on March 16:

http://www.wistv.com/story/24988896...urder-to-appear-court-monday-for-bond-hearing

Heather Elvis' case has been one that the community has followed closely, but after the court appearance Monday afternoon, it's possible we could hear very little about the next steps in the Heather Elvis case leading up to the trial. It's a new twist in the case: the Horry County Solicitor's office has filed for a gag order...

The presiding judge will decide whether Monday is the right time to consider the gag order request. The bond hearing is scheduled for 2 p.m. at the Horry County Government and Justice Building.

The bond hearing was on Monday the 17th and the gag order was approved by the judge on Friday the 21st. The gag order had nothing to do with the discovery of the remains on the 20th.

“The Volusia County Medical Examiner’s Office analyzed the remains and provided us with their preliminary findings, but we want to corroborate their findings before going public with the information.”

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_6002d384-c4d2-11e3-887b-001a4bcf6878.html

That sounds like they know more about these remains than just the fact that they have an adult. JMO Prayers for this victim.

“The Volusia County Medical Examiner’s Office analyzed the remains and provided us with their preliminary findings, but we want to corroborate their findings before going public with the information.”

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_6002d384-c4d2-11e3-887b-001a4bcf6878.html

That sounds like they know more about these remains than just the fact that they have an adult. JMO Prayers for this victim.

I totally agree!! They know more and are being tight lipped for a reason .. IMO. They know if the remains are male/ female, ethnicity and general age of person who is deceased ... IMO.

“We still have no idea who the victim is and don’t have a firm fix yet on the age/gender,” Gary Davidson, spokesman for the Volusia County sheriff, said via email. Contradiction with the above quote of the preliminary findings.............

Really makes me think it's Heather... I would think they would have already hinted or a whisper in the rumor mill if it was one of the other countless lost and missing persons....This is someone's loved one and the families who are waiting and waiting to hear if it is theirs....

Agreed..very odd. The plural makes me think not "a" shower curtain but some details would be nice. You'd think that if they were having so much trouble with these remains..they'd go into great detail about the items found with the remains. You'd think they would post pics of those items hoping someone would know who the items belong to,victim or perp. It almost seems as if they are giving us "something" because they are tired of being asked.
I was thinking that they must assume the remains belonged to a person who was murdered or died due to some other crime (as opposed to wrapping themselves in a robe, curtains and sheet, then sealing themselves in a garbage bag and dying-:rolleyes:), and want to make sure that they check and cover everything in case this person's case goes to trial someday. Obviously, if it WERE Heather, they would want to determine cause of death if possible, confirm without a doubt that it was her, make sure that the remains were not more than one person, get any and all possible perp DNA and evidence that they can get, etc. I would then have to assume they would do the same for any individual who was the victim of murder, or other crime resulting in death.

ETA: Dollars to donuts they contacted Horry LE because of the Mickey Mouse sheet straight away, though.

I see they updated to say they have dental information now. I would think that piece alone could rule Heather in/out in this particular case? Aren't remains identified via dental on many occasions? That information was pending the first time I looked at the NAMUS.....

Anyone smarter than I able to figure out why a dental comparison wouldn't be able to rule Heather out?

I can't figure it out either, Hoppy. It should be a fairly straightforward process to either identify or rule out from dental comparison.

Camper bathroom curtain/child sized homemade bed sheet? Also, would TMs plus size pink jacket appear to be a robe for a child? Typing out loud..

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1406888101272.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1406888101272.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 76
  • uploadfromtaptalk1406888234518.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1406888234518.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 70
I was looking at Twitter photos of Heather in her room to see if there might be a pink robe in the background--did not see anything. Do we have a place where all of her photos are kept in one place? For some reason, the social media thread is not working.

It might be harder to do a dental id if she did not have any fillings or crowns.

I just can't shake some thoughts I'm having about the MM bed sheets. Would TM be that stupid? Really? In my mind, I oscillate between her being a complete idiot and an evil genius. But even if she was dumb enough to use her own homemade sheets, I can't grasp her doing so, from a strictly jealous perspective. As much as she ranted about Heather, I feel like her thought process would be along the lines of not wanting to waste any of her precious Disney memorabilia on "the other woman."

ETA: Of course, if she suspected (or was told) those sheets were used when Heather and SM were together, maybe she couldn't get rid of them fast enough.

I just can't shake some thoughts I'm having about the MM bed sheets. Would TM be that stupid? Really? In my mind, I oscillate between her being a complete idiot and an evil genius. But even if she was dumb enough to use her own homemade sheets, I can't grasp her doing so, from a strictly jealous perspective. As much as she ranted about Heather, I feel like her thought process would be along the lines of not wanting to waste any of her precious Disney memorabilia on "the other woman."

I agree with you and would also add that if TM was in a panic she might grab and use anything. I'm very conflicted also. We have all said that Mickey stuff is all over Florida and it could be anyone. Maybe TM was thinking the same....it could be anyone.

I agree with you and would also add that if TM was in a panic she might grab and use anything. I'm very conflicted also.
When the body was first discovered, my gut told me it was Heather. I've tried to convince myself of what a minute possibility that was, for months, but I just can't combat the overwhelming feeling I have. I think I'm still trying to poke holes in it, though.

ETA: Of course, if she suspected (or was told) those sheets were used when Heather and SM were together, maybe she couldn't get rid of them fast enough.

Jumping off your post...

For some reason....I couldn't help but wonder if the robe belonged to TM?...

But.... In any event... Wouldn't DNA from robe, sheet, etc. Be able to indicate if there was a connection to Heather or the Moores?

:waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member