HCPD contacts Florida LE about skeletal remains that were found

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don' t have time to go back and look - but if memory serves me correctly - wasn't there something reported eluding to them finding bodily fluids or DNA "in and ON" the M's property? Could the 'on the property' be referring to inside the camper? I believe there is a possibility that camper was where they initially kept Heather (never believed they took her into the house due to the kids/smell)

If TM did accidentally find out that SM was going to meet Heather - and she was home in bed - it might make sense that she threw on her robe and headed to PTL to 'bust' them? Then - the robe was used to do the initial wrap up of Heather?

I hate thinking about this.......

Heather was taken FROM PTL TO SOMEWHERE. I think the camper is as good a place as any. They wouldn't take her into the house because of the kids. Very plausible that they would put her in the camper and lay her on the bed. Then wrap her in the bed sheets she is laying on. Roll her in a curtains and then place her in a bag.

Question, did they take the camper with them to FL for SMs marathon? Although they were being watched it is very possible she was kept in the camper until they pulled over to the side of the road, took the bag out and left it there.

Do we know what time they left for that trip? If they were driving at night it would be easier to dispose of the bag.

Was the camper searched before the FL trip?

Would HCPD have taken pictures during any search of the residence and camper?

I will have to look but maybe OkieGranny knows. I thought TM had said that she allowed LE to look in the camper and house on 12/19. Does anyone know if that's right? Ok...I just checked TM's last rant and she didn't give dates for the search.

Not necessarily the window curtains, it could have been the shower curtain. In the picture of their camper, there is a huge mickey mouse head print on the shower curtain.

The M's have family in Florence but those remains weren't Heather.
respectfully snipped for space

Have we seen this in MSM? The atty at one point was from Florence, but has anything been said about family there? I'd be curious about the route from Socastee to Florence, if that were the case & I missed any posts to that effect.

Have we seen this in MSM? The atty at one point was from Florence, but has anything been said about family there? I'd be curious about the route from Socastee to Florence, if that were the case & I missed any posts to that effect.

Not mentioned in MSM but mentioned elsewhere by TM.

I will have to look but maybe OkieGranny knows. I thought TM had said that she allowed LE to look in the camper and house on 12/19. Does anyone know if that's right? Ok...I just checked TM's last rant and she didn't give dates for the search.

Ask and ye shall receive, lol.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2014/03/18/4104390/testimony-weaves-a-tale-of-how.html

Investigators went to the Moorer home on Dec. 19 and the couple allowed officers to check the house and camper, but nothing was found, McCollum said.

From Socastee, you'd take 544 to 501. Then it's a straight shot to Florence.

Don' t have time to go back and look - but if memory serves me correctly - wasn't there something reported eluding to them finding bodily fluids or DNA "in and ON" the M's property? Could the 'on the property' be referring to inside the camper? I believe there is a possibility that camper was where they initially kept Heather (never believed they took her into the house due to the kids/smell)

If TM did accidentally find out that SM was going to meet Heather - and she was home in bed - it might make sense that she threw on her robe and headed to PTL to 'bust' them? Then - the robe was used to do the initial wrap up of Heather?

I hate thinking about this.......

I remember LE saying that some of what was found during the property search was DNA but I don't think they said what part of the property it came from. Not sure.

Oh my! This is beyond disturbing if this is Heather. Like others have said here, I've always had a gut feeling that these remains are HE because of the location. But now with the Mickey Mouse bed sheets being with the remains of an adult I am feeling sick to my stomach. Also the bathrobe with the remains bothers me because it indicates that what ever happened to this person most likely happened in the dark of night. I have no idea if Heather would have just thrown on a bathrobe at 3 am to go meet SM but I know I have done so for certain occasions....picking up kids from church trips at 2 am, driving to pick up Mr wm at the airport, etc. And of course it could be TM's bathrobe. Didn't the man who found the remains say they appeared to be of a 'little girl'?

Does anyone know if the Moorers have been DNA tested yet? Or does that happen after they are convicted?

Prayers to the Elvis family. Mr Elvis wrote on the find Heather FB page yesterday. It was about retribution.

wm

Oh my! This is beyond disturbing if this is Heather. Like others have said here, I've always had a gut feeling that these remains are HE because of the location. But now with the Mickey Mouse bed sheets being with the remains of an adult I am feeling sick to my stomach. Also the bathrobe with the remains bothers me because it indicates that what ever happened to this person most likely happened in the dark of night. I have no idea if Heather would have just thrown on a bathrobe at 3 am to go meet SM but I know I have done so for certain occasions....picking up kids from church trips at 2 am, driving to pick up Mr wm at the airport, etc. And of course it could be TM's bathrobe. Didn't the man who found the remains say they appeared to be of a 'little girl'?

Does anyone know if the Moorers have been DNA tested yet? Or does that happen after they are convicted?

Prayers to the Elvis family. Mr Elvis wrote on the find Heather FB page yesterday. It was about retribution.

wm
I believe the cop told the man who found the remains, that it seemed to be a little girl. But considering the now known state of the remains, the cop could have assumed this due to the sheets and pink robe. I will admit that the "little girl" part made me wonder about Heather as she was only 5'1". This could only be Heather if the M's stashed her remains away from the property and then picked them up on their way to FL 3 weeks later. I wouldn't put anything past them but the property and camper were looked at as soon as 12/19.

I believe the cop told the man who found the remains, that it seemed to be a little girl. But considering the now known state of the remains, the cop could have assumed this due to the sheets and pink robe. I will admit that the "little girl" part made me wonder about Heather as she was only 5'1". This could only be Heather if the M's stashed her remains away from the property and then picked them up on their way to FL 3 weeks later. I wouldn't put anything past them but the property and camper were looked at as soon as 12/19.

You are correct Motherof5. I found the link. http://www.clickorlando.com/news/cops-human-remains-found-in-deland/25073396?hpt=ju_bn1

I was just wondering to myself if there was still any hair attached to the skull to make one think 'young girl'. Yuck, hate typing this but wasn't there still some hair on little Caylee's skull? Also, LE checked the camper before these remains were found so how would they have known in Dec. if any items in the camper were missing? Just a thought since TM bragged on disboards about having sheets made for the camper.

wm

You are correct Motherof5. I found the link. http://www.clickorlando.com/news/cops-human-remains-found-in-deland/25073396?hpt=ju_bn1

I was just wondering to myself if there was still any hair attached to the skull to make one think 'young girl'. Yuck, hate typing this but wasn't there still some hair on little Caylee's skull? Also, LE checked the camper before these remains were found so how would they have known in Dec. if any items in the camper were missing? Just a thought since TM bragged on disboards about having sheets made for the camper.

wm

Good points and they wouldn't have known in December if anything was missing. My point was that Heather could not have been kept in the camper for 3 weeks prior to the M's FL trip as the camper was checked on 19th.

Any thoughts on a trip to Florida to dispose of evidence right after it happened to Florida by one/either of the Moorer's or a family member? There would have been time to get to Florida and back before Heather was reported missing. I recall speculation on other items missing along with Heather too. Cell phone? Handbag?

I see what you are saying Motherof5. Where would they have put Heather for those three weeks i wonder? (if these remains are indeed heather's)

Also, do you know if the search on dec 19 was a search with landowners permission or was there a search warrant to collect evidence at that time?

OT Gah! I've been away so much these past months caring for my ailing Mother that I cannot remember details of the cases I 'try' to follow on WS. Thanks everyone for helping me catch up!

No warrant and not a thorough search on December 19. Just a walk-through by permission.

I see what you are saying Motherof5. Where would they have put Heather for those three weeks i wonder? (if these remains are indeed heather's)

Also, do you know if the search on dec 19 was a search with landowners permission or was there a search warrant to collect evidence at that time?

OT Gah! I've been away so much these past months caring for my ailing Mother that I cannot remember details of the cases I 'try' to follow on WS. Thanks everyone for helping me catch up!

The search on the 19th was just a "look around" and TM ok'd it. I think they could have put Heather just about anywhere for those three weeks. If this is Heather, I would think that they put her along their known route to FL.

Any thoughts on a trip to Florida to dispose of evidence right after it happened to Florida by one/either of the Moorer's or a family member? There would have been time to get to Florida and back before Heather was reported missing. I recall speculation on other items missing along with Heather too. Cell phone? Handbag?

That's always been my theory -- that wherever they took her, it happened before she was even known to be missing. Nobody was watching them then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member