HCPD contacts Florida LE about skeletal remains that were found

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's always been my theory -- that wherever they took her, it happened before she was even known to be missing. Nobody was watching them then.

This would explain TM's arrogance and smugness while everyone else was desperately looking for Heather. And them agreeing for LE to "look around". I've been away from this for several months, but I think I remember the C's and M's broadcasting that LE had searched everywhere and found nothing. If this is Heather I hope the items found with her lead straight back to the M's and there is very little doubt who they belong to.

Why would a gag order issued in South Carolina apply to authorities in Florida? Why would the gag order apply to a positive ID of remains when Heather is already presumed to be dead?

The stated purpose of the gag order, per the Horry County prosecutor, is to prevent a change of venue. In what way would confirmation of death, *IF* this is Heather, taint the jury pool? Why keep it a secret? It makes no sense.
If Florance county LE contacted Horry County LE about the remains, and Horry County asked them to keep it quiet for the same reasons they have the gag order in Horry County(maybe until there is 100% proof that it is or is not Heather), most LEAs will honor that to the best of their ability. It doesn't necessarily apply to the authorities in another state, but that doesn't mean the other state cannot honor it if requested to do so.

Does anyone remember the date the Moorers became known to us here at WS? I was not following the case at that time. Was it before the unredacted report got released?

This would explain TM's arrogance and smugness while everyone else was desperately looking for Heather. And them agreeing for LE to "look around". I've been away from this for several months, but I think I remember the C's and M's broadcasting that LE had searched everywhere and found nothing. If this is Heather I hope the items found with her lead straight back to the M's and there is very little doubt who they belong to.

I agree about all of their smugness and could see them putting Heather somewhere other than their home...even FL. I'm just not sure if one or both of them could have gone to FL and back between the time HE was taken from PTL on the 18th and the M's property checked on the 19th? But help from a family member would make it possible.

Does anyone remember the date the Moorers became known to us here at WS? I was not following the case at that time. Was it before the unredacted report got released?

I didn't know about them until that report.

I don't know the date but I know there were people posting on the thread about a married man for some time before the report came back. And apparently some sleuthers had come up with more (correct) detail on who is was but the report was the first time the name was discussed on here, IIRC.

I agree about all of their smugness and could see them putting Heather somewhere other than their home...even FL. I'm just not sure if one or both of them could have gone to FL and back between the time HE was taken from PTL on the 18th and the M's property checked on the 19th? But help from a family member would make it possible.

This was discussed pretty thoroughly in the threads right after his name came out in MSM. I seem to recall that from Heather's time last seen to the next time he was known to be in town was at least 36 hours. Couldn't find it on a quick look, though.

I remember that what we think were some of the M's family members, and maybe even TM, were posting on here about the time the unredacted report came out.

I remember that what we think were some of the M's family members, and maybe even TM, were posting on here about the time the unredacted report came out.

Hmmmm... it might be worth going back and reading some old posts.

This was discussed pretty thoroughly in the threads right after his name came out in MSM. I seem to recall that from Heather's time last seen to the next time he was known to be in town was at least 36 hours. Couldn't find it on a quick look, though.

I'm wondering how long between 3:41am on the 18th and when LE checked the M's property on the 19th? We don't know what time LE was at their place.

Oh my! This is beyond disturbing if this is Heather. Like others have said here, I've always had a gut feeling that these remains are HE because of the location. But now with the Mickey Mouse bed sheets being with the remains of an adult I am feeling sick to my stomach. Also the bathrobe with the remains bothers me because it indicates that what ever happened to this person most likely happened in the dark of night. I have no idea if Heather would have just thrown on a bathrobe at 3 am to go meet SM but I know I have done so for certain occasions....picking up kids from church trips at 2 am, driving to pick up Mr wm at the airport, etc. And of course it could be TM's bathrobe. Didn't the man who found the remains say they appeared to be of a 'little girl'?

Does anyone know if the Moorers have been DNA tested yet? Or does that happen after they are convicted?

Prayers to the Elvis family. Mr Elvis wrote on the find Heather FB page yesterday. It was about retribution.

wm

Well, this keeps getting stranger and stranger in regard to the Volusia remains...first, the length of time with no ID. Now the Mickey Mouse sheets, a pink bathrobe, and curtains with no description. IMO, I could see Heather going to PTL in her robe maybe because she thought she was just going to quick pick up SM since he had left TM and wanted to not only see Heather, but needed a place to stay for that night. Could they have decided it would be best to leave Sidney's truck at the landing so TM wouldn't see it at Heather's condo.... But then something happened to Heather at the landing instead, as we all know. I'm trying to think why it could be TM's bathrobe. Why dress Heather in a robe that has your DNA on it? What was the need for Tammy's robe- couldn't Heather just as easily have been wrapped in just the sheet and curtains? Where are Heather's clothes if it's Tammy's pink robe on her?

Yes, and while I cannot see the sheet pattern, those curtains are distinctive, which is what gave me pause regarding the curtain description.

OMG!!! Like these???? I bought these, I think a couple of months ago, at one of the GW stores around here!

IMG_2580.jpg

Long time follower, first time poster. Regarding the dental records and match, I saw a program a few weeks ago where a dental match was made and was positive and then DNA was done later and it disproved the dental match. So that tells me that one can not solely rely on dental records alone and LE wants to be 100% positive either way. Also watched another show a few months ago and the host talked via phone with an imprisoned serial killer to get some insight on a cold case. The serial killer stated that the scariest time for the killer is not the murder itself, but the anxiety of getting rid of the victim (body) so he/she doesn't get caught. So I can believe that those who did this would use whatever was around at the time. No matter what sentimental significance it may have had. (These were True Crime shows, not fictionalized.) Ever since I saw the article about the MM sheets, I thought like others that it was HE. However, I am not so sure they would hide her on nor near their property or even somewhere else and then wait 3 weeks, retrieve her and then dispose of her on their way to DW. (Although, strange that that spot is around a 3 minute detour from the regular route.) Like others have mentioned, I thought LE stated the accused were under surveillance at that time. On the other hand, if she was disposed of on, or soon after, December 18, it would be roughly 14 hours round trip. Just a note: All of the above is just speculation on my part. If I have broken any rules, please let me know, I am still learning about WS and not yet familiar with everything. And lastly, I apologize for some of my wording if loved ones of HE are reading. I don't know their pain, but I think of them every day and wish them peace in some form or another.

Long time follower, first time poster. Regarding the dental records and match, I saw a program a few weeks ago where a dental match was made and was positive and then DNA was done later and it disproved the dental match. So that tells me that one can not solely rely on dental records alone and LE wants to be 100% positive either way. Also watched another show a few months ago and the host talked via phone with an imprisoned serial killer to get some insight on a cold case. The serial killer stated that the scariest time for the killer is not the murder itself, but the anxiety of getting rid of the victim (body) so he/she doesn't get caught. So I can believe that those who did this would use whatever was around at the time. No matter what sentimental significance it may have had. (These were True Crime shows, not fictionalized.) Ever since I saw the article about the MM sheets, I thought like others that it was HE. However, I am not so sure they would hide her on nor near their property or even somewhere else and then wait 3 weeks, retrieve her and then dispose of her on their way to DW. (Although, strange that that spot is around a 3 minute detour from the regular route.) Like others have mentioned, I thought LE stated the accused were under surveillance at that time. On the other hand, if she was disposed of on, or soon after, December 18, it would be roughly 14 hours round trip. Just a note: All of the above is just speculation on my part. If I have broken any rules, please let me know, I am still learning about WS and not yet familiar with everything. And lastly, I apologize for some of my wording if loved ones of HE are reading. I don't know their pain, but I think of them every day and wish them peace in some form or another.

Welcome to WS, tjbugcat!
:welcome:

Welcome and great post. I am torn also due to LE having said that they were watching the M's. I'm just wondering to what extent were they watching them? HCPD made the call to FL when the remains were found to make them aware of Heather's case. That tells me that HCPD thinks there is a chance,probably very small, that this could be Heather. JMO

Welcome! And I agree. I know we're not supposed to talk about specific family members being involved BUT I believe TM and SM had some help after the fact. JMO

Don' t have time to go back and look - but if memory serves me correctly - wasn't there something reported eluding to them finding bodily fluids or DNA "in and ON" the M's property? Could the 'on the property' be referring to inside the camper? I believe there is a possibility that camper was where they initially kept Heather (never believed they took her into the house due to the kids/smell)

If TM did accidentally find out that SM was going to meet Heather - and she was home in bed - it might make sense that she threw on her robe and headed to PTL to 'bust' them? Then - the robe was used to do the initial wrap up of Heather?

I hate thinking about this.......

If memory serves me correctly, the dogs "hit" on a truck or vehicle on the M's property. I believe LE stated that there was DNA found there also.
But don't quote me. :)

moo

If memory serves me correctly, the dogs "hit" on a truck or vehicle on the M's property. I believe LE stated that there was DNA found there also.
But don't quote me. :)

moo

I went back through articles yesterday and there was no mention of dogs hitting on anything but LE did say that DNA was found on the property. Also, I think one of the pics from the day LE searched, showed that they brought dogs with them. :)

I, also, find it very strange that they would wait three weeks to get rid of the remains. Almost impossible to believe. The only way I can see it was if it wasn't planned and they didn't know what to do with her and naively believed they wouldn't be under scrutiny as quickly as they were. Then, perhaps, when they realized how closely they were being watched, they had no opportunity to conceal the remains. I don't know remember if their trip was planned well in advance. But, if it were, perhaps they figured they might as well act nonchalant, and go ahead with their plans, and use that opportunity to spirit away the remains. Agree with others that most any plan of this nature would have probably required help as they were under the microscope so quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member