HCPD contacts Florida LE about skeletal remains that were found

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But what if....the remains were skeletal? What if LE is having such a hard time with identification because SM and TM did something so so awful (like fire or acid) so there is no scent of decomposing flesh and were able to keep whatever remained in bags somewhere until they were able to drive far and dispose of the remains. IDK but IMO these two are evil and capable of anything. Anything.

The bag appeared to be full of debris and was about 2 feet in diameter, Jarvis said.

“There were roots growing through the bag,” he said. “It looked like it had been there over a year.”

When Jarvis attempted to pull the bag from the undergrowth, the bag began to shred, he said, so he borrowed a neighbor’s trash toter, pulled it near the bag and tipped the toter over.

As he tried to slide the deteriorated garbage bag into the toter, Jarvis said, he caught sight of what appeared to be a skull inside the bag. A little more movement confirmed the grisly discovery.

“It just rolled right out, and I noticed it was a skull,” Jarvis said.

He immediately dialed 911 and looked no further into the contents of the bag.

The Sheriff’s Office responded, cordoning off the area and searching for several hours for additional evidence on the overgrown vacant lot. Deputies confirmed the items in the bag appeared to be human remains.

Jarvis could not confirm whether the bag contained a full human skeleton, but said the skull appeared to be that of a young person — not an infant, but not an adult. He said there was also deteriorated fabric in the bag that looked as if it might have been a yellow or tan bedsheet.
http://beacononlinenews.com/news/da...DeltonaBeaconNews+(DeLand-Deltona+Beacon+News

Is 3 months long enough for roots to be growing through the bag? I was thinking yes but I have no clue. What say you?

But what if....the remains were skeletal? What if LE is having such a hard time with identification because SM and TM did something so so awful (like fire or acid) so there is no scent of decomposing flesh and were able to keep whatever remained in bags somewhere until they were able to drive far and dispose of the remains. IDK but IMO these two are evil and capable of anything. Anything.

Oh, that it's creepy but definitely another possibility. I'd almost rather it have been this way than to think of her lying around decomposing for weeks :(

Long time follower, first time poster. Regarding the dental records and match, I saw a program a few weeks ago where a dental match was made and was positive and then DNA was done later and it disproved the dental match. So that tells me that one can not solely rely on dental records alone and LE wants to be 100% positive either way. Also watched another show a few months ago and the host talked via phone with an imprisoned serial killer to get some insight on a cold case. The serial killer stated that the scariest time for the killer is not the murder itself, but the anxiety of getting rid of the victim (body) so he/she doesn't get caught. So I can believe that those who did this would use whatever was around at the time. No matter what sentimental significance it may have had. (These were True Crime shows, not fictionalized.) Ever since I saw the article about the MM sheets, I thought like others that it was HE. However, I am not so sure they would hide her on nor near their property or even somewhere else and then wait 3 weeks, retrieve her and then dispose of her on their way to DW. (Although, strange that that spot is around a 3 minute detour from the regular route.) Like others have mentioned, I thought LE stated the accused were under surveillance at that time. On the other hand, if she was disposed of on, or soon after, December 18, it would be roughly 14 hours round trip. Just a note: All of the above is just speculation on my part. If I have broken any rules, please let me know, I am still learning about WS and not yet familiar with everything. And lastly, I apologize for some of my wording if loved ones of HE are reading. I don't know their pain, but I think of them every day and wish them peace in some form or another.

Welcome!

I agree, there would have been plenty of time for them (or someone helping them) to dispose of a body in Florida prior to police questioning them, and prior to their vacation.

I believe they know whether or not this is Heather, and I believe it is, and are not saying so because of the gag order, which was issued the day after the remains were found. Too many coincidences in my book. Timing of gag order, homemade Mickey bed sheet..... I also believe the Elvis family probably is privy to much more information than we are and are just waiting to get their girl back to give her a proper send-off. Whether or not they've been told definitively, I don't know. Perhaps something more like, "We know you're anxious, but you need to trust us. We promise you will get your girl back to be able to say goodbye; just be a little more patient." (Only my opinion!!)

What I don't understand is WHY the gag order "protects" a yes or a no regarding remains. I'm not LE though and I'm sure they have their reasons. Perhaps they are hoping if the public still feels she's missing they will get more tips, particular ones of this nature: "Oh yeah, I saw so and so driving down to Florida the day after HE disappeared.....".

My belief is that by LE stating they were watching/tracking/etc the M's during that period of time - that it was probably monitoring bank accounts, phones, etc. I don't believe they had officers follow them 24/7 nor follow them all the way to Florida and back. I could be wrong.... :)

My belief is that by LE stating they were watching/tracking/etc the M's during that period of time - that it was probably monitoring bank accounts, phones, etc. I don't believe they had officers follow them 24/7 nor follow them all the way to Florida and back. I could be wrong.... :)

I believe the same.

Do I remember correctly that LE intimated that more arrests could be coming? I think I recall that and wonder if that is still the case? I have been away from this for a while and can't recall what is speculation and what is actual.

Do I remember correctly that LE intimated that more arrests could be coming? I think I recall that and wonder if that is still the case? I have been away from this for a while and can't recall what is speculation and what is actual.

I think they did say that. I thought it would have happened by now but maybe they are working on that?

The bag appeared to be full of debris and was about 2 feet in diameter, Jarvis said.

“There were roots growing through the bag,” he said. “It looked like it had been there over a year.”

When Jarvis attempted to pull the bag from the undergrowth, the bag began to shred, he said, so he borrowed a neighbor’s trash toter, pulled it near the bag and tipped the toter over.

As he tried to slide the deteriorated garbage bag into the toter, Jarvis said, he caught sight of what appeared to be a skull inside the bag. A little more movement confirmed the grisly discovery.

“It just rolled right out, and I noticed it was a skull,” Jarvis said.

He immediately dialed 911 and looked no further into the contents of the bag.

The Sheriff’s Office responded, cordoning off the area and searching for several hours for additional evidence on the overgrown vacant lot. Deputies confirmed the items in the bag appeared to be human remains.

Jarvis could not confirm whether the bag contained a full human skeleton, but said the skull appeared to be that of a young person — not an infant, but not an adult. He said there was also deteriorated fabric in the bag that looked as if it might have been a yellow or tan bedsheet.
http://beacononlinenews.com/news/da...DeltonaBeaconNews+(DeLand-Deltona+Beacon+News

Is 3 months long enough for roots to be growing through the bag? I was thinking yes but I have no clue. What say you?
I say I have had black garbage bags full of weeds and leaves have roots grow through them and decompose in a little over one month. And others that did not. It depends on where they were located and how much sun, water, surrounding plants, etc. And how long I forgot about them because it started to rain, I had an emergency, whatever. My vine plants grow over and through everything, not in the winter, but in March they grow like mad. The suckers on my tree will also grow through everything around March. If a bag had been sitting for two months, then if there was a warm spell in March, the plants could easily have grown through a black plastic garbage bag in two or three weeks, if that is what these remains were found in. (The clear and white ones go much faster, and the composting bags really go fast). As a reference, I have some extensive experience with starting yard projects in November, December, January, and getting derailed due to rain, then coming back and finding the bags in March when I am turning over the garden.

Anyone here ever think about how many missing bodies might have been just tossed in the trash?

It is my opinion that her body was removed the night Heather disappeared (I just cannot see anything being moved after SM was found to be involved with Heather, at least regarding phone calls and texts the night she disappeared). Anything is possible about how the body was disposed, so anything is possible about what condition the remains would be in when found, no matter how much time has passed. Since the location the remains were found in are close to a route the M's have taken before, it would be a familiar route to take to dispose of a body, and not an impossible round trip for the time before the M's were found to be involved. Add in a home-made Mickey Mouse sheet and to me, that makes this one a definite possibility until someone says no. As to why they aren't saying, there are many possibilities from wanting to be positive about the identity, whomever it is, to not wanting to cause an all out riot if it is Heather(since some of the locals do not seem to be able to handle their emotions in an adult manner at all times)

Hello. I'm another long time follower, first time posting. Here is my theory. They take Heather on the 17th & do whatever (I'm not even going to guess how they may have killed her) They dump the body somewhere in the area, not necessarily close, but possibly still Horry County thinking no one would ever suspect them. A few days later the cops show up to question them & they start to worry about her being found. Sometime between then & their trip they go & retrieve the body & take it to Florida with them to dispose of there??? That could be why when the cops searched on the 19th they didn't find anything?? Just my opinion, if it is in fact Heather. What do you guys think???

I really think if this was known to be Heather, authorities would say so; they really can't have people possibly conducting private searches for someone who has been located. Searching is far too dangerous.

In the Michelle Le case - LE let the family think/do a lot of things -- all the while they had and were gathering evidence that eventually led to her killer being arrested and put in jail. I don't see any reason why LE here wouldn't be willing to do the same thing.

I really think if this was known to be Heather, authorities would say so; they really can't have people possibly conducting private searches for someone who has been located. Searching is far too dangerous.

Why is searching dangerous?

Hello. I'm another long time follower, first time posting. Here is my theory. They take Heather on the 17th & do whatever (I'm not even going to guess how they may have killed her) They dump the body somewhere in the area, not necessarily close, but possibly still Horry County thinking no one would ever suspect them. A few days later the cops show up to question them & they start to worry about her being found. Sometime between then & their trip they go & retrieve the body & take it to Florida with them to dispose of there??? That could be why when the cops searched on the 19th they didn't find anything?? Just my opinion, if it is in fact Heather. What do you guys think???

First of all, :wagon:

:greetings:

There hasn't been much action on these threads recently and it's always nice to see new posts and posters.

I think your hypothesis has merit, and it is something we've discussed. I wish we knew to what extent they were under surveillance, and at what point. Some believe it was just their accounts, electronic trail, etc. I'm not so sure- I think if they were suspected enough to trail them electronically, LE would have also decided to keep tabs on their comings and goings. Especially with all the pressure from the Elvis family. So that would have made it more difficult to go back and get Heather's remains- unless they had help, which is a strong possibility, IMO.

First of all, :wagon:

:greetings:

There hasn't been much action on these threads recently and it's always nice to see new posts and posters.

I think your hypothesis has merit, and it is something we've discussed. I wish we knew to what extent they were under surveillance, and at what point. Some believe it was just their accounts, electronic trail, etc. I'm not so sure- I think if they were suspected enough to trail them electronically, LE would have also decided to keep tabs on their comings and goings. Especially with all the pressure from the Elvis family. So that would have made it more difficult to go back and get Heather's remains- unless they had help, which is a strong possibility, IMO.

I'm wondering, if LE was keeping close tabs on their movements, what about the two claims of being shot at and guns pointed at them? Where was LE? I thought that was odd at the time.

I'm wondering, if LE was keeping close tabs on their movements, what about the two claims of being shot at and guns pointed at them? Where was LE? I thought that was odd at the time.

That is an excellent point. More things that make you go "hmmmmm", lol. Maybe some of the time they just keep an eye on them electronically...like a lojac (sp?) kind of thing(?). I really don't know. I would think it would be quite costly to keep 24 hour surveillance on suspects in this, or any case. I never really thought much about exactly how it works. Part of it can be psychological too, I guess, iykwim. In other words, once the suspects know they are being watched, they really would not know when or how, right? So, they would kind of be paranoid all the time, I would think. I'm just taking a stab in the dark, clearly. I really have no idea.

Sadly, I think that whatever happened to Heather was over and done with before anybody even knew she was missing. I think that's why TM had that smug smirk when she appeared on camera. She thought she was really getting away with something.

I don't think they had help. I think wherever she is, it's within the distance somebody could drive that night and the next day. Deland seems to be in that radius.

That is an excellent point. More things that make you go "hmmmmm", lol. Maybe some of the time they just keep an eye on them electronically...like a lojac (sp?) kind of thing(?). I really don't know. I would think it would be quite costly to keep 24 hour surveillance on suspects in this, or any case. I never really thought much about exactly how it works. Part of it can be psychological too, I guess, iykwim. In other words, once the suspects know they are being watched, they really would not know when or how, right? So, they would kind of be paranoid all the time, I would think. I'm just taking a stab in the dark, clearly. I really have no idea.

I'm right there with you. I have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025