HCPD contacts Florida LE about skeletal remains that were found

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering on the way to work today (I too have gotten "sucked back in" despite trying to stay away until the trial or new news) about the Jan trip to FL. Wasn't it SM marathon trip? Does anyone know if TM went or not? I *think* I remember her posting pictures re the marathon,but nobody knew if she really was there? I hope answers come out in detail but I know with most murders not ALL of the answers will be told and that is just a part of life.

If they transported HE's remains to FL at any point after she was dead for at least 24 hrs, wouldn't her scent be on or in whatever vehicle they used to transport her such that a cadaver dog would be able to detect this scent? So let's say they put her somewhere else and then transported her in bags and then in a container in the camper. Or in a bunch of bags in the back of a pickup truck. I don't know, but I wonder if her scent would linger such that a cadaver dog would be able to detect it. Unless they used a vehicle that police had no access to and could not get access to test, in order to transport HE's remains.

And I used the "science" reference because I was saying that's the reason I thought it unrealistic, which had nothing to do with a "who knows what those M's would do cause they are crazy and would do anything" reason.

Unless wherever the bag with remains was stored was treated with bleach or something like it that would thoroughly disinfect. Bleach could easily be purchased, used & then washed away with soap & water.

I was wondering on the way to work today (I too have gotten "sucked back in" despite trying to stay away until the trial or new news) about the Jan trip to FL. Wasn't it SM marathon trip? Does anyone know if TM went or not? I *think* I remember her posting pictures re the marathon,but nobody knew if she really was there? I hope answers come out in detail but I know with most murders not ALL of the answers will be told and that is just a part of life.

I thought she stayed back with the kids, but the I remember thinking hey maybe she went, something led me to think that and I just don't remember. Someone mentioned something about tickets being supplied to Tammy that allowed her to accompany him?

When Sidney went to Disney to run, did Tammy and/or the family go with him?

Yes...I believe TM took the pics that were posted of SM smiling and "running" ? Also,didn't someone say that TM was complaining,somewhere, about not being allowed down where SM was running and she threw a fit about it and got her way? I could very confused and totally wrong here.

Something to think about with regards to where these remains were found - The person chose Oak Street instead of Marsh Road. Why is this? If they're very familiar with that area, maybe they'd have chosen Marsh Rd or a forest area instead bc it's less inhabited or traveled. If someone is only faintly familiar with that area, maybe they'd choose an area that they perceived not frequented...yet the remains were found near the corner of Oak. Up the street on Oak are homes. I'm confused if this would be where Sidney and/or Tammy would dump a body bc there's other much wooded less human inhabited marshy areas they'd have passed before they got to Oak.

fdarn5.jpg

ab4llw.jpg

33wqj9e.jpg

14v639w.jpg

Yes...I believe TM took the pics that were posted of SM smiling and "running" ? Also,didn't someone say that TM was complaining,somewhere, about not being allowed down where SM was running and she threw a fit about it and got her way? I could very confused and totally wrong here.

I did save all of this stuff but have since deleted it. Thank you Motherof5. I couldn't remember if she went or not.

I'm just gonna come out & say why I question if these remains could be Heather or not - it's bc I wonder if they could be Michelle Parker. Her seriously wonderful boyfriend used to live somewhere around Deltona or DeLand, I forget, but her ex Dale that was incredibly jealous & controlling could be vicious enough to kill her & drop her remains in that vicinity to throw suspicion away from himself.

Also, there's been many killings of prostitutes and young females in that area of FL for years. There's a thread here that was opened I think a couple years ago into the possibility of these murders being serial.

I wonder if hair was found with the remains, even if it was a partial skullcap.

She was definitely there at the marathon with SM.

I've explained before why I believe the DNA sample was sent to the University of North Texas. That's the same lab where the Jamison family's DNA samples were tested. Their remains were found on November 16, 2013. The news of positive IDs was released on July 3, 2014. Seven and a half months.

I'd be surprised if we hear DNA results on these remains before November.

ETA - Also, just FYI: Heather's NamUs profile says DNA "sample available - not yet submitted"

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/23314/0/

There's been an update: "Status: Samples submitted - Tests not complete"

It's at the bottom: https://identifyus.org/en/cases/full_report/12776

Edited to say: Were you saying HEATHER'S DNA had not yet been submitted? If so - then my post doesn't apply! LOL If that's the case - could the delay be because of that? They don't have Heather's DNA in the system yet? Why wouldn't they have sent that out? And - on that same note - how could they say they HAVE DNA evidence - if they don't have Heather's DNA recognized in their system? Or - could this simply be that the information on the findthemissing hasn't been updated yet? Ai yi yiiiii!

What is this VCSO's timeframe regarding "awhile"? Would a few months constitute awhile considering he added that vegetation was going through the bag? Would he be able to determine if they'd been there a few months as opposed to a year or so? Trying to get the meaning of his statement considering his occupation and level of knowledge...

http://www.mynews13.com/content/new...icles/cfn/2014/3/20/deland_remains_found.html

"Anytime anyone ends up anywhere in a bag, it's suspicious," said Volusia County Sheriff Ben Johnson.

Johnson believes the bag has been there for awhile, because of depressions in the earth and vegetation growing into it. The bag was probably exposed to the road after some recent tree trimming.

I've explained before why I believe the DNA sample was sent to the University of North Texas. That's the same lab where the Jamison family's DNA samples were tested. Their remains were found on November 16, 2013. The news of positive IDs was released on July 3, 2014. Seven and a half months.

I'd be surprised if we hear DNA results on these remains before November.

ETA - Also, just FYI: Heather's NamUs profile says DNA "sample available - not yet submitted"

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/23314/0/

Quoting you again bc I think you are directly on target, OkieGranny! Check it out... Remember those bones that were found the end of December after Heather went missing? Remember HCSO said they know they didn't belong to a missing person from Horry County? I also remember those bones were sent to U of North TX & they said the DNA testing could take up to 6 months. Then lo & behold the results came back end of June belonging to a Garden City Horry County man! & he'd been missing since July 4th 2011, reported missing by his sister if I remember right.

ETA - FOUND IT! Side note...seems to me Horry County better get more organized. What an embarrassment. I wonder how many people go missing around there & are never identified when found.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_a35a9c16-9787-11e3-a2ec-001a4bcf6878.html

The coroner’s office has said the remains found in December were not connected to any known missing persons case in Horry County.

DNA samples have been sent to the University of North Texas for further testing. Willard said it could take at least six months before the DNA analysis is complete.

http://www.scnow.com/news/local/article_e75151f2-3605-5480-aa10-be447ff64313.html?mode=jqm

Police search for missing Garden City man
SCNow Staff | Updated Dec 27, 2012

CONWAY, SC - The Horry County Police Department is asking for the public's help locating a missing Garden City man.

According to a press release, David Matthew Mino, 47, was last seen July 4th.

On August 16, 2011 an investigation was initiated after Mino was reported missing by a family member. Mino has not been seen locally since July 4, 2011 and has not been heard from by out of town family since July 8, 2011.

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=1064444

Remains found in December identified as local man
by Continuous News Desk
Posted: 07.01.2014 at 9:14 AMUpdated: 07.01.2014 at 11:35 AM

Skeletal remains found in December 2013 on Tidewater Road during a search for Heather Elvis have been identified.

Horry County Deputy Coroner Tamara Willard says the remains have been confirmed as those of David Matthew Mino.

Mino was last seen on July 4, 2011. He was 47 years old at that time.

Mino lived in the Surfside Beach and Garden City area, Willard said.

"Anytime anyone ends up anywhere in a bag, it's suspicious," said Volusia County Sheriff Ben Johnson.

I do not normally find much humor in these cases, but that quote right there made me spit my drink! :lol:

I do not normally find much humor in these cases, but that quote right there made me spit my drink! :lol:

Me too! Yeah, but in the le's defense, I think his answer was a sarcastic response to a stupid question made by a reporter.

I hate to sound so cynical... But this is almost unbelievable to me that there has not been a match of DNA...

Unless it is NOT Heather... And they are the remains of a not-reported missing person without a criminal record...

JMO...

This is what I kind of think as well... I do wonder the same as someone else mentioned here - could they be using this "find" in Deland as a way to keep Tammy & Sidney sweating? Idk but seems strange when considering that the person that found the remains said he saw either a yellow or tan sheet when the skull rolled out, yet now we hear the remains were wrapped in a pink robe, curtains and a Mickey Mouse homemade bed sheet. Then pair that with the fact that police used cadaver dogs when they searched the Moorer property but they had no positive hits, yet something regarding evidence found on the Moorer property contained DNA which led to murder charges. So what could contain DNA but not show death, yet still be used as evidence for murder charges? Maybe Heather's purse or wallet, a clothing item of hers or something like that? It's the only thing I can think of when considering the cadaver dogs didn't hit on anything there. I'm also confused as to where police believe Heather was murdered. They've said murdered at Peachtree Landing but the DNA found at the Moorer homestead throws me off. So was she supposedly killed at Peachtree or the house? Couldn't be the house or the dogs would have hit on it, right?

I'd like to know what brand and roll # the trashbag is. I'd like to see pictures of the bathrobe, bed sheet, & curtains. Was tape used? Was lime put inside of the bag? Were any chemicals detected? The remains were found in March. It's now August. It didn't take that long to pull mtdna for Caylee...just sayin'.

As far as the guy that found the remains, he said looked like they'd been there a year or more...but in all fairness to the experts that test this stuff and investigate, unless that's his area of expertise then he honestly wouldn't know. It'd only be a guess of his. After seeing Caylee Anthony's remains, I'd never have guessed they'd have been there for such a short amount of time. The tropical weather in Florida can definitely enhance & push decomposition.

I am going back and reading old threads from before I started watching this case. I started around the date that the un-redacted police report came out and found this that I did not know about her purse:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...e-Beach-18-Dec-2013-6&p=10123737#post10123737

You kind of need to read the whole page and maybe even the page before that (on the 25 page setting)

Correct me if I am misreading it, but at first her purse was missing and then it was found. Did they find it at the Moorers?

No, you're reading it correct. That doesn't mean she'd have used the same big purse when she left to go meet Sidney, though. I have several size handbags. When I have a quick trip down the street, I grab a wristlet, throw my card & license in it along with my cell, gloss & wide toothed comb. I also use the same thing walking around Disney, but going out to dinner I use a handbag that matches whatever I'm wearing.

Quoting all of this to keep it in context. I think I confused you, SStarr33. I was being hypothetical about what it could have been that had DNA that links Heather to the Moorer's homestead. I wasn't inferring that her purse, wallet, license was indeed found there...I was only wondering if something of hers like that could have been found at the Moorer's home. I was wondering bc I'm curious what the DNA was derived from and if it came from a cadaver or not. I'm so curious bc cadaver dogs didn't hit on anything but HCSO found evidence - some of which was DNA...which suggests that maybe that DNA was pulled from something belonging to Heather before she died. This is all considering that after that last search where they removed bags of evidence, some of which contained DNA evidence, led to a murder charge against Tammy & Sidney. So IMO it had to be something that belonged to Heather that she either had on her that night or something she wouldn't part with...or else it's something that came from her dead body that the cadaver dogs didn't hit on - which I really wouldn't understand.

Sorry to just now explain what I was saying but I just read back & realized my error. :)

How can DNA not be sourced from the bones by now, in five months?

I hate to sound so cynical... But this is almost unbelievable to me that there has not been a match of DNA...

Unless it is NOT Heather... And they are the remains of a not-reported missing person without a criminal record...

JMO...

So putting into perspective what IHaveNoClue said quoted above, they already have Heather's DNA, therefore they'd have something to compare the remains found near DeLand to...unless they haven't been able to extract DNA from the bones yet. In the case of David Matthew Mino, he was missing since July 4th 2011, found end of Dec 2013, extracted DNA either end of Jan or Feb 2014, resulting in a match end of Jun 2014. The reason it took so long is bc they didn't know what DNA to compare it to so they had to use the whole database for missing persons. In Heather's case, they already have her DNA on hand to do the comparison. So IMVHO either those remains aren't Heather or else they are having a hard time extracting DNA due to severe decomposition. Maybe certain chemicals were used to ruin all DNA before the remains were dumped. I keep thinking of lime & how some murderers use that to hide decomp or promote faster decay.

But man...that Mickey Mouse bed sheet. I wonder what size it is. It's homemade. So why would somebody make a homemade bed sheet? A very good reason would be bc they made it for a trailer cushion... Twin, full, queen & king are abundant...not really a need to make your own. However, a camper cushion is a different story.

When they say bed sheet, did they specify if its a flat or fitted sheet?

Quoting you again bc I think you are directly on target, OkieGranny! Check it out... Remember those bones that were found the end of December after Heather went missing? Remember HCSO said they know they didn't belong to a missing person from Horry County? I also remember those bones were sent to U of North TX & they said the DNA testing could take up to 6 months. Then lo & behold the results came back end of June belonging to a Garden City Horry County man! & he'd been missing since July 4th 2011, reported missing by his sister if I remember right.

ETA - FOUND IT! Side note...seems to me Horry County better get more organized. What an embarrassment. I wonder how many people go missing around there & are never identified when found.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_a35a9c16-9787-11e3-a2ec-001a4bcf6878.html

http://www.scnow.com/news/local/article_e75151f2-3605-5480-aa10-be447ff64313.html?mode=jqm

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=1064444

Uhhhhhh....:facepalm: Well...this could take...quite a while.....:waiting::gaah:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia