HCPD contacts Florida LE about skeletal remains that were found

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've explained before why I believe the DNA sample was sent to the University of North Texas. That's the same lab where the Jamison family's DNA samples were tested. Their remains were found on November 16, 2013. The news of positive IDs was released on July 3, 2014. Seven and a half months.

I'd be surprised if we hear DNA results on these remains before November.

ETA - Also, just FYI: Heather's NamUs profile says DNA "sample available - not yet submitted"

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/23314/0/

Heather's DNA sample or the sample from the bones found near Deland, Florida were sent to Texas University?

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...eland-20140403_1_trash-bag-human-bones-deland

Am I reading correctly that the Deland remains were sent to Volusia County Coroner's Office and then on to Gainesville, Florida (to the forensic anthropology laboratory affiliated with the University of Florida) for additional forensic testing?

An aside ~ the Deland remains were found not too far away from International Speedway. There was a skull found in Illinois, south of Chicago Speedway near Joliet, in October 2013. To this day, I've never seen an update about that skull.
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/10/11/skull-found-in-creek-near-joliet/

Other cases have had raceways come up as well. Just something I've noticed.

I think it says Heather's DNA is at University of Texas and the UID's is at the Florida lab.

Which means that the paperwork and delays associated with getting them into a common location to be compared could add weeks or months onto the normal delays.

For me it's a matter of evidence. I don't automatically assume a body is a particular missing person, especially when the remains found are many hundreds of miles away from the last known area the victim was. It's a leap for my brain to immediately think "Aha! that must be Heather because the body is female & the M's liked going to Disney World." I have no reason to believe anything in regards to these remains other than what's known so far: they are female, they were discarded with what appears to be a sheet of some kind with a Disney or MM theme, and the remains are apparently skeletonized, found with plants growing into and through the trash bag. If there were no other missing females, presumed dead, in or within a couple states of FL I might think or even assume these could be Heather. Sadly Heather is only one of many missing young women.

I just had a fleeting thought..... oh my... that the body found in a black plastic bag that was rotting with MM sheets was Casey. One can dream, right?

I think it says Heather's DNA is at University of Texas and the UID's is at the Florida lab.

Which means that the paperwork and delays associated with getting them into a common location to be compared could add weeks or months onto the normal delays.

When TM posted all the gross Valentines Day stuff...she also said that she couldn't wait for SM to get back from his trip. I'd like to know where he went?

When TM posted all the gross Valentines Day stuff...she also said that she couldn't wait for SM to get back from his trip. I'd like to know where he went?

Wait, I'm confused (as usual :D). If SM was on a trip how could he have made all those "special treats" she had pictures of? Or was she posting before VD about VD?

I'm sorry but the thought of him doing romantic things for her makes me feel "some kind of way" as my students would say, lol. The sexual stuff I can believe, but the soft hearted romantic stuff just rubs me the wrong way, cause I just can't imagine them having that kind of relationship, no matter what she says. Of course, this is all "what she says' so probably she just got some of those pictures out of a magazine, and staged the others.

Wait, I'm confused (as usual :D). If SM was on a trip how could he have made all those "special treats" she had pictures of? Or was she posting before VD about VD?

I'm sorry but the thought of him doing romantic things for her makes me feel "some kind of way" as my students would say, lol. The sexual stuff I can believe, but the soft hearted romantic stuff just rubs me the wrong way, cause I just can't imagine them having that kind of relationship, no matter what she says. Of course, this is all "what she says' so probably she just got some of those pictures out of a magazine, and staged the others.

LOL@ some kind of way!! She posted the trip thing a couple of days before V-Day. She also posted pics of SM holding roses*pukes* but you could only see his arm, hand and jacket. I'd seen him wearing that jacket in other pics so I knew it was him but it was probably an older pic as she didn't show his face.

LOL@ some kind of way!! She posted the trip thing a couple of days before V-Day. She also posted pics of SM holding roses*pukes* but you could only see his arm, hand and jacket. I'd seen him wearing that jacket in other pics so I knew it was him but it was probably an older pic as she didn't show his face.
Wasn't that when she was saying that SM was on a hunting trip right before Valentine's Day ? For some reason, a hunting or fishing trip is what is coming up in my mind.

Wasn't that when she was saying that SM was on a hunting trip right before Valentine's Day ? For some reason, a hunting or fishing trip is what is coming up in my mind.

It was right before VDay but I can only remember her saying that she couldn't wait for him to get back. I love how they claimed that people were trying to kill them and yet SM is taking off on a trip and TM posted that she was going for a run. Lol Raise your hand if you believe TM runs....anywhere.

It was right before VDay but I can only remember her saying that she couldn't wait for him to get back. I love how they claimed that people were trying to kill them and yet SM is taking off on a trip and TM posted that she was going for a run. Lol Raise your hand if you believe TM runs....anywhere.
Oh but she does run....her mouth!

:laugh:

:laugh: Above BBM:

I'm glad I didn't have anything in my mouth when I read this or I would have had to clean my computer screen :floorlaugh: She really is :cuckoo:

How did I miss this? If anyone ever doubted that she is "a lying liar who lies" (I'm quoting one of our genius WS'ers but I don't remember who) then this will seal the deal.

:giggle: Runs her mouth maybe.

Thanks for making me laugh today, I really needed it after the news of Jenise Wright's body being found :(

:giggle: Runs her mouth maybe.

Thanks for making me laugh today, I really needed it after the news of Jenise Wright's body being found :(

I know!! My heart is broken for that poor baby.[emoji22]

First, didn't I read somewhere that the remains are of a young person? If the skull is there, then young person IMO would mean either toddler, or elementary school age. Sutures in the skull are different up until a certain age, so IMO, I do NOT think these remains are Heather. Think of a baby with a 'soft spot' on the top of their head. Sometimes babies wear 'helmet' devices to reshape the skull. I'm almost certain that there's something about the chin or some part of the face being able to identify the sex as well, but can't remember those details at this minute.

As for homemade sheets, well, depends. Someone could have wanted a certain design but it was only available in say a king size, and they needed twin, so they bought the king, and cut them down to twin. Perhaps someone found fabric they loved, but couldn't find that same pattern in premade sheets, so they made their own, or had someone make them. Being someone that has sewn sheets, they are really not hard to sew at all. And we don't know if a fitted or flat sheet either. Some cultures make their own linens, and clothing. There's also quilters that use sheets in their quilts. Again, we don't know if the sheets were finished, or perhaps the hems had been taken out for some other reason, and thus with no tag, it would difficult to say whether it was store bought, or home sewn sheets. There's really just not enough known to say one way or another, IMO. And I don't believe we've seen a photo of sheets have we? I might have missed it.

There's so many missing young people in Florida, and sadly many that aren't reported as missing that it might be quite awhile for the remains to be identified, if at all. :(

First, didn't I read somewhere that the remains are of a young person? If the skull is there, then young person IMO would mean either toddler, or elementary school age. Sutures in the skull are different up until a certain age, so IMO, I do NOT think these remains are Heather. Think of a baby with a 'soft spot' on the top of their head. Sometimes babies wear 'helmet' devices to reshape the skull. I'm almost certain that there's something about the chin or some part of the face being able to identify the sex as well, but can't remember those details at this minute.

As for homemade sheets, well, depends. Someone could have wanted a certain design but it was only available in say a king size, and they needed twin, so they bought the king, and cut them down to twin. Perhaps someone found fabric they loved, but couldn't find that same pattern in premade sheets, so they made their own, or had someone make them. Being someone that has sewn sheets, they are really not hard to sew at all. And we don't know if a fitted or flat sheet either. Some cultures make their own linens, and clothing. There's also quilters that use sheets in their quilts. Again, we don't know if the sheets were finished, or perhaps the hems had been taken out for some other reason, and thus with no tag, it would difficult to say whether it was store bought, or home sewn sheets. There's really just not enough known to say one way or another, IMO. And I don't believe we've seen a photo of sheets have we? I might have missed it.

There's so many missing young people in Florida, and sadly many that aren't reported as missing that it might be quite awhile for the remains to be identified, if at all. :(

Original articles on the remains said young person, not necessarily a toddler but also not an adult, and was based on the size of the bones I guess. This was according to the person that found the bag of remains. However, July 31st yielded new info regarding the remains. That's when we found out the bones were in a pink bathrobe, a Mickey Mouse homemade bed sheet and wrapped in curtains. We also found out the bones belong to an adult. So to put both the original report and the new report in context, maybe it's a small/petite young adult.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_c3ea7428-1848-11e4-bb56-001a4bcf6878.html

A new report about human remains found in Florida says the remains belonged to an adult and were skeletal in nature, but there still are no indications whether or not they belong to Heather Elvis.

According to the report, the remains were wrapped in a pink bathrobe, curtains and a homemade Mickey Mouse print bed sheet.

Why the 3 layers of wrap? Plus it was all inside a bag? So you have a person wearing a bathrobe then you double wrap them and put them in a bag? The body would have had to of been taken apart or the bag was bigger. Even though HE was short most of us won't fit in a trash bag much less with 3 layers of fabric on top of us.

Makes sense to me that is in line with what we thought in the beginning about TM "taking out the trash" in her mind and that most of us thought that is probably how HE was discarded. JMO.

As a parent, I can't imagine the pain her parents are feeling as details come out about this (not saying this is HE just that your child might have been murdered and stuff in a bag after who knows what they did to kill her)

UGH! Poor Elvis family.

Seems like with three layers of material, decomp would be a bit slower, not faster, but jmo.

Why the 3 layers of wrap? Plus it was all inside a bag? So you have a person wearing a bathrobe then you double wrap them and put them in a bag? The body would have had to of been taken apart or the bag was bigger. Even though HE was short most of us won't fit in a trash bag much less with 3 layers of fabric on top of us.

Makes sense to me that is in line with what we thought in the beginning about TM "taking out the trash" in her mind and that most of us thought that is probably how HE was discarded. JMO.

As a parent, I can't imagine the pain her parents are feeling as details come out about this (not saying this is HE just that your child might have been murdered and stuff in a bag after who knows what they did to kill her)

UGH! Poor Elvis family.
Sounds to me as if decomp could have truly been accelerated chemically, also making them hard to identify and the skeletal remains could then be taken or cut apart, and wrapped in a "bunch of clothes" , put into a standard garbage bag and discarded not thinking anyone would open a dirty clothes bag : but that road side crew would just pick / up take to a landfill. The choice of material to wrap up the bones could be because the victims blood or dna was on them.

UGH! Poor Elvis family.

It's been a while since i have been on. So trying to catch up on post. A small adult could very well fit in a contractor size trash bag. I was able to cut head and arm slits in one to put on over my clothes to protect them when we were spray painting our basement. I am 5'7 and it covered me.

UGH! Poor Elvis family.

Because I'm crazy and curious, I talked my hubby into helping me with this. I'm the same weight as Heather but I'm 5'3 and Heather is 5'1. Against his will...I had my hubby wrap me in my robe,2 curtains,(not sure how many curtains were used) and a sheet. Curled into a ball..he could not get me into a regular tall kitchen bag. If that is what was used, the remains must not have been in one piece. [emoji20] We then tried the big bags that we use for yard work and leaves. I fit into that bag and had plenty of room.[emoji20] Hubby would not take a pic as he was creeped out and honestly, it was depressing. Hope this helps answer some questions. I'm so sorry for this person. It's an awful end to someone's life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hygate