HCPD contacts Florida LE about skeletal remains that were found

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I agree... It really says something when someone is silent. But then again she's had a big mouth since the beginning. If he turned won't there be separate trials for each or was that already established?

I'm not sure about the trials,maybe someone can jump in here with that answer. The bond hearing....that looked liked the TM show to me. Elders even went so far as to say that SM and HE cared for each other and then TM found out. Then we have SM saying that his phone was password protected by TM, he was cuffed to the bed by TM and TM was going to work with him. That didn't sound at all like a man who was standing by his wife. It looked like he was turning on her at the bond hearing and the continued silence from his side makes me think it even Moorer.It just sounded like....evil TM and poor SM. They are both evil. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do we know if TM liked to sew? Grandparents? TIA The Mickey Mouse print sure is quite a coincidence.

(Why would they be so stupid as to use materials that could possibly be linked to them? Robe, sheet, etc...super hurried or panicked disposal?).

Do we know if Heather owned a pink robe? (or TM or anyone else in the M household?)

Elders even went so far as to say that SM and HE cared for each other and then TM found out. Then we have SM saying that his phone was password protected by TM, he was cuffed to the bed by TM and TM was going to work with him. That didn't sound at all like a man who was standing by his wife. It looked like he was turning on her at the bond hearing and the continued silence from his side makes me think it even Moorer.
You're right and it makes sense. At this point I think that's his only way out so to speak. I could never figure out what man would willingly admit to being locked up by his wife and not for fun. It would have to be someone accused of a heinous murder and hoping its his way out life in prison w/o parole.

(Why would they be so stupid as to use materials that could possibly be linked to them? Robe, sheet, etc...super hurried or panicked disposal?).
Because (1) they are not very smart & (2) they were super cocky and way over-confident. TM has always thought of herself as being smarter than everyone else

Because (1) they are not very smart & (2) they were super cocky and way over-confident. TM has always thought of herself as being smarter than everyone else

I agree and would add that IF this is Heather,TM may have thought that Mickey sheets found so close to Disney could be anybody from that area.....as long as the remains were difficult if not almost impossible to ID.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was stuff in the various social media that made me think the camper might have been their rendezvous spot, or TM thought it was anyway. So she might have felt like she had to purge it. Or they may have needed to get rid of it for other reasons -- blood on it, or something like that.

Just a couple of things that I find interesting and probably because I'm picking it apart and reading too much into it.:blushing:

Horry County police investigating the Heather Elvis case contacted Volusia County authorities shortly after the remains were found.

Horry County police have said they can't explain why, citing a Circuit Court judge's gag order, though Volusia County authorities confirmed Horry County police did contact them about the Elvis case after the remains were found.

They can't explain due to the gag order...HCPD said in previous articles that it was because the M's traveled near the area where the remains were found....they've already given that reason...this article sounds like there is another reason why they inquired about the remains but can't say.

"We won’t be releasing any additional records while the investigation is still ongoing," Davidson said via email. "Sorry, wish I had something more for you, but there just isn’t anything new that we can release at this time."

There isn't anything new or there is but it can't be released due to the ongoing investigation?

Pretty sure I'm just reading something that isn't there.:thinking:

There was stuff in the various social media that made me think the camper might have been their rendezvous spot, or TM thought it was anyway. So she might have felt like she had to purge it. Or they may have needed to get rid of it for other reasons -- blood on it, or something like that.

May have been the sheet that SM and HE 'slept' on.

They are sending the Volusia remains to University of North Texas, as Horry county did with the Tidewater remains found in January during a search for Heather. The body was identified in July. I don't know if the Tidewater body was at the Texas lab that whole time. With Moorers trial coming up wintertime according to Richardson, that only leaves a few months to identify the Volusia remains.

http://m.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_5dfdaea6-2a12-11e4-93d5-0017a43b2370.html?mode=jqm

Just a couple of things that I find interesting and probably because I'm picking it apart and reading too much into it.:blushing:

Horry County police investigating the Heather Elvis case contacted Volusia County authorities shortly after the remains were found.

Horry County police have said they can't explain why, citing a Circuit Court judge's gag order, though Volusia County authorities confirmed Horry County police did contact them about the Elvis case after the remains were found.

They can't explain due to the gag order...HCPD said in previous articles that it was because the M's traveled near the area where the remains were found....they've already given that reason...this article sounds like there is another reason why they inquired about the remains but can't say.

"We won’t be releasing any additional records while the investigation is still ongoing," Davidson said via email. "Sorry, wish I had something more for you, but there just isn’t anything new that we can release at this time."

There isn't anything new or there is but it can't be released due to the ongoing investigation?

Pretty sure I'm just reading something that isn't there.:thinking:

No, I read it the same way. I thought the comment about Florida authorities respecting the ongoing SC investigation was telling, as well.

All along I've been very skeptical about the possibility of these remains belonging to Heather. But this article certainly makes it sound as though they have reason to believe it is her, as unlikely as that seems.

No, I read it the same way. I thought the comment about Florida authorities respecting the ongoing SC investigation was telling, as well.

All along I've been very skeptical about the possibility of these remains belonging to Heather. But this article certainly makes it sound as though they have reason to believe it is her, as unlikely as that seems.

BBM I agree. I think that if was not Heather, they would say so. If it isn't her, then saying it isn't her or identifying who it is would not be interfering with the investigation. MOO

This article from April bothered me as well.

“The Volusia County Medical Examiner’s Office analyzed the remains and provided us with their preliminary findings, but we want to corroborate their findings before going public with the information.”

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_6002d384-c4d2-11e3-887b-001a4bcf6878.html

That is just odd to me. Corroborate what? They've told us about curtains, a sheet, a robe and that they have an adult. That little bit of info needs a 2nd opinion? Also..."before we go public" don't think I've ever heard this while waiting for remains to be ID'd. If they are worried about going public with info...I don't know...that just makes it sound like they have remains that are involved in a high profile case. *must stop over thinking*

This article from April bothered me as well.

“The Volusia County Medical Examiner’s Office analyzed the remains and provided us with their preliminary findings, but we want to corroborate their findings before going public with the information.”

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_6002d384-c4d2-11e3-887b-001a4bcf6878.html

That is just odd to me. Corroborate what? They've told us about curtains, a sheet, a robe and that they have an adult. That little bit of info needs a 2nd opinion? Also..."before we go public" don't think I've ever heard this while waiting for remains to be ID'd. If they are worried about going public with info...I don't know...that just makes it sound like they have remains that are involved in a high profile case. *must stop over thinking*

Mom, I think you are on the money!

Something else that just came to me. TM was moved days after the arrest. SM tells LE about his phone,being cuffed,TM going everywhere with him yada, yada, then TM comes back for the bond hearing and stays. I really think SM turned while she was away and that's why his lawyer isn't doing anything. I really hope that he just kept on talking. :please:

Here's an update from Friday. Have you all seen it already?

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_5dfdaea6-2a12-11e4-93d5-0017a43b2370.html

Salem

ETA: A quote:

"While cleaning the roadway he observed a garbage bag on the side of Oak St [sic] just north of the intersection of Oak St [sic] and International Speedway Blvd., Deland," the report said. "Upon moving the bag he discovered it contained what appeared to be human remains."

Given that they are having such a hard time identifying these remains - 1st they went to the Univ of Florida and now to the Univ of Texas - I would think they had been there a really long time. But that doesn't make sense if the garbage bag, robe, sheet and blanket were still in good enough shape to be identified, kwim?

Strange.

Haha - I should have back read some. I see you guys are all over this. I should have known :)

I think it is very strange too. It does sound like it could be related to Heather's case, but why so much trouble identifying the remains?

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member