HCPD contacts Florida LE about skeletal remains that were found

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO... My first thought on the reason for a speedy trial is so they can go into court and say that she's never been convicted of any other crime. TM has not had a trial for her Medicaid fraud charges yet.

That's a very good thought.

Or, she might really believe she will get away with it, so she wants to hurry up & have a trial so she can be declared not guilty & get out of prison. She seems to think she's infallible, from what we've seen of her attitude & posts online.

Justice - don't fail the Elvis family. They deserve Heather back & to see justice display NO MERCY on those responsible for her disappearance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hmmmm... if there is a speedy trial and she is not convicted, and SM were to spill all the beans after the trial, then I don't think she could be tried again... or am I wrong in this thinking?

JMO... My first thought on the reason for a speedy trial is so they can go into court and say that she's never been convicted of any other crime. TM has not had a trial for her Medicaid fraud charges yet.

Good thought. Another potential reason is that she wants the trial to happen before the remains from FL can be positively identified. I could see Tammy thinking (assuming it is Heather) that the remains can't be used as evidence until they're identified. Of course they can't be used as evidence prior to the identification, but LE will just expedite the process to be ready for trial. Just another bad scheme of Tammy's in an attempt to "outsmart" the system like her fake pregnancy.

Whatever the case, I bet she will end up regretting this move to speed up the trial because it's really only going to put her in prison sooner.

I agree! Also, they might be" worried" about Deland remains.... maybe the not knowing what they know is getting the best of them.

I'm sorry but, 6 months to identify remains doesn't sit well with me. Especially with Heather's DNA readily available. I could see if there wasn't any DNA to compare for identification but, there is!

60 Man Hours to do a complete DNA Test.

Steps and approximate times in DNA analysis:
http://www.patc.com/weeklyarticles/dna-timeline.shtml

I realize that there are many factors involved in performing DNA tests. Especially when they become bureaucratic or budgetary. But, 6 months have gone by already and they have nothing conclusive yet? For a case in which LE have been so "on top of it" yet?

In a 6 month time period, 17 DNA tests could have been performed.

So IMO, I think there is some conclusive evidence but, it's not being released...

:eek:verreaction:

I'm sorry but, 6 months to identify remains doesn't sit well with me. Especially with Heather's DNA readily available. I could see if there wasn't any DNA to compare for identification but, there is!

I'm with you, PeterThomasFan.. The numb3rs simply do not equate..

PeterThomasFan, good to see you.. Justice for Heather!...

I'm going to go back to my original take on the delay in identification, as a prosecution legal tactic. I believe in part the request by the defense for a speedy trial, is in light of a purposely fabricated and perceived impossiblity of LE to identify the remains that TM probably knows certainly is..leading her to believe, no evidence, body, no conviction.

Good thought. Another potential reason is that she wants the trial to happen before the remains from FL can be positively identified. I could see Tammy thinking (assuming it is Heather) that the remains can't be used as evidence until they're identified. Of course they can't be used as evidence prior to the identification, but LE will just expedite the process to be ready for trial. Just another bad scheme of Tammy's in an attempt to "outsmart" the system like her fake pregnancy.

Whatever the case, I bet she will end up regretting this move to speed up the trial because it's really only going to put her in prison sooner.

I was thinking today about just how far along she should be in her pregnancy. She claimed she was pregnant in May. I would think that by now it would be very obvious if she was lying. Has any additional information been published concerning her being pregnant?

You would think that the victims family would have come forward now if the "pink bathrobe, curtains and homemade Mickey Mouse sheets" belonged to the victim. This makes it appear to have belonged to the one who disposed of the remains. According to the latest article there is a very long list of "missing" in Florida before they even think about SC.:tantrum:

I was thinking today about just how far along she should be in her pregnancy. She claimed she was pregnant in May. I would think that by now it would be very obvious if she was lying. Has any additional information been published concerning her being pregnant?
BBM: She would be AT LEAST 7 months right now, as they were taken into custody on 2/21.

I had felt pretty sure we were going to find that the remains in FL were Heather. I'm backing off from that a little bit - because the only reason I can see for their not being an ID yet - if it were her remains -- would be for evidentiary/investigative purposes - and I just can't see them holding off for this long. SO now - I'm not sure what to think.....

The news of the speedy trial filing was running on the morning news here - there has to be a hearing on the matter within 10 days of when it was filed on the 19th. That means within the next 5 days. Most of their hearings have been on either Mondays or Fridays - so my guess is that maybe Friday they'll have the hearing?

BBM: She would be AT LEAST 7 months right now, as they were taken into custody on 2/21.
I read on facebook that "her family member said she had a m/c" I have no link to a MSM article and am not sure if "hear say" is allowed but that is what the rumor mill on fbook is saying. I would think if she is still pregnant that we would see a bump by now (if they have a hearing soon, we should be able to tell) IMO I don't think she is pregnant. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli