Head injury vs. strangulation ***WARNING! AUTOPSY PHOTOS!***

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Anti-K,
That was a theory proposed in his book, yet he offered no evidence in support of it. We know JonBenet was both chronically and acutely sexually abused, her enlarged hymen is testimony to this.

In late 2006, it was reported that Holly Smith, head of Boulder County Sexual Abuse Team, visited JBR's bedroom on the third day of the investigation. "Smith says most of the panties in JonBenet’s dresser drawers had been soiled with fecal material."

Given some of the details furnished by James Kolar the above account is consistent. Holly Smith was dropped from the case and served a non-disclosure notice on anything to do with the sexual abuse of JonBenet, her speciality, her autobiography was redacted on those grounds.

Steve Thomas' PDI theory is just that, something to fill a book out which would not frighten the natives, and allow him to offer an account for why he left the case.

Its a bit like any IDI, it could have happened, but guess what, nobody takes it too seriously!

Steve Thomas' PDI theory is just that, something to fill a book out which would not frighten the natives, and allow him to offer an account for why he left the case.-UKGuy

Heyya UKGuy

That's a very interesting take on the ST theory.

When I first read his book I felt he was fixated upon PR, (after all the rn ties her to the staging), but I wondered why he was not as critical of JR's personality defects.

So the head bash, followed approximately how soon with the strangulation, according to a respectful educated opinion? Anyone, everyone?
Even with all we know, I’m not sure we can reasonably come to any better timeframe than what we have. It seems BPD can’t -- and they have more information than we do. We’re just left with trying to make sense of what information has been leaked out (and some of that may be completely wrong). If you recall, you and I discussed this timeframe shortly after it came out (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ames-Kolar-on-Tricia-s-True-Crime-Radio/page2). One of the things that Kolar mentioned in Tricia’s August 4, 2013, webcast was that the 45 to 120 minute timeframe was based partly on the pineapple digestion.

I’ve always had doubts about the validity of that timeframe, but that was when we all understood Kolar’s book to mean that it was based on Dr. Rorke’s estimate alone. Here is what he wrote in his book:

Dr. Lucy Rorke, a neuro-pathologist with the Philadelphia Children's Hospital, helped explain the timing of some of the injuries sustained by JonBenet. She told investigators that the blow to the skull had immediately begun to hemorrhage, and it was not likely that she would have regained consciousness after receiving this injury. The blow to the head, if left untreated, would have been fatal.

The presence of cerebral edema, swelling of the brain, suggested that JonBenet had survived for some period of time after receiving the blow to her head. Blood from the injury slowly began to fill the cavity of the skull and began to build up pressure on her brain. As pressure increased, swelling was causing the medulla of the brain to push through the foramen magnum, the narrow opening at the base of the skull.

Dr. Rorke estimated that it would have taken an hour or so for the cerebral edema to develop, but that this swelling had not yet caused JonBenet's death. "Necrosis," neurological changes to the brain cells, indicated a period of survival after the blow that could have ranged from between forty-five (45) minutes and two (2) hours.

As pressure in her skull increased, JonBenet was beginning to experience the effects of “brain death.” Her neurological and biological systems were beginning to shut down, and she may have been exhibition signs of cheyne-stokes breathing. These are short, gasping breaths that may be present as the body struggles to satisfy its need for oxygen in the final stages of death.

The medical experts were in agreement: the blow to JonBenet’s skull had taken place some period of time prior to her death by strangulation. The bruising beneath the garrote and the petechial hemorrhaging in her face and eyes were conclusive evidence that she was still alive when the tightening of the ligature ended her life.

The medical consultants considered the timing of the tracking of the pineapple that had moved through JonBenet’s digestive track (sic). It was generally agreed that the timing of the ingestion of this fruit could have coincided with the time frame regarding her head injury. It was estimated that it would have taken between two to five hours for the pineapple to move through her system. It appeared to investigators that she had eaten the pineapple not long before receiving the blow to her head.

I remembered Kolar saying on the radio that part of that estimate was based the pineapple digestion. But I went back and listened again to his statement. Here is what Kolar said (without the "uh"s) on Tricia’s webcast (8-4-2013, beginning at about 13 minutes) when she asked about the time between ingestion of pineapple and actual death:

From the reports that I reviewed, they were looking at somewhere between a 45 minute to perhaps an hour-and-a-half, upwards of possibly 2 hours. And that was based on what their thinking was the time of ingestion of the pineapple coupled with the traveling through her digestive tract as well as the amount of blood and swelling of the brain after the blow to the head.

Those are the time frames that I put in my book that were provided by some of the medical experts that were interviewed and consulted with by the BPD.

So now I’m beginning to wonder exactly where the 45 to 120 minute timeframe came from. Was that Rorke’s opinion based solely on the condition of JonBenet’s brain, was that an interpretation by investigators based on more than one source and passed on to Kolar, was that Kolar’s interpretation based on what he read in BPD reports, or was the extended timeframe not at all about JonBenet’s individual circumstances but instead about TBIs in general (as some are suggesting)? I don’t know the answer; but I have even more doubts now about this timeframe than I did to start with (and I haven’t even gotten to the problems with “necrosis”).

According to the JBR Case Encyclopedia even Dr.Meyer said that the time of death is not factual but interpretive. Since many of the tests were not done to determine the time of death I don't think we can really ever say when JB was killed.
I just can't base my opinion on who did it according to the timeline between the head bash and the strangulation. As you said UKGuy there are too many things that could account for the amount of blood. And as otg said the small amount of blood that was reported was only from one area of trauma. This case was really screwed up by so many people on so many levels.

Also didn't Dr Meyer say that he did not include all the information in the AR but would talk about it if there was a trial. (Now I may have dreamed this because I can not find the source but I thought he said it) Anyone? Everyone?

So I figure you have to just determine for yourself which experts if any you want to believe and how much of that information is correct. JMO

I hope this made some sense. I know I am talking about TOD and the bleeding but I don't know that they can be used together to determine who did what when. JMO

"Coroner's Note. A Note from Dr. John Meyer August 13, 1997 is posted at Webbsleuths (see bottom of page, following Autopsy Report). "Contrary to several media reports over the past few days, the autopsy report on JonBenet Ramsey does not and has never contained information on the estimated time of death. I have not been able to determine the original source of the statement that the report contained the estimated time of death, but it certainly did not come from this office. The time of an "unwitnessed" death is very difficult to determine with any precision, and at best is an estimate based not only on autopsy findings but also on investigative information. I consider estimation of time of death to be an interpretive finding rather than a factual statement, and it is not this Office's practice to include this estimate as part of any autopsy report. As has been stated in the past, it would also be inappropriate for me, as a potential expert and material witness, to make interpretive statements prior to testifying in court." John E. Meyer, M.D., Boulder County Coroner."
Charterhouse, I agree with all you say here. I wish I could say it as succinctly as you did.

Like you, I don’t know if any timeline we might come up with will really point to the person responsible or eliminate someone else.

Dr. Meyer did indeed say he expected to testify in court about his findings that were not written in the AR. Since it certainly appears now that this won’t happen in his (or my) lifetime, I wonder if he has written down the information he might have given in court in some kind of document “to be opened upon death”.

As for Meyer’s statement that TOD is “not factual but interpretive”, I just have to add this: It would have been a lot less “interpretive” and a lot more “factual” had he done his job with a little more professionalism when it mattered. Ten minutes to do an initial examination? Shameful. Waiting for police to get a search warrant before taking custody of the body? Uninformed (or just ignorant of his own authority).

Yes, iirc, someone did make that comment about him making notes as he expected to have to testify. Sorry, don't remember the source.

Feedback, otg. I found your post on the other page to be clearly addressing the scientific validity of the timing between the head blow and the strangulation. I did not see you tackling Dr. Rorke’s background, nor whether or not she provided a general opinion on TBI, nor whether the BPD investigators misinterpreted info from the coroner’s office. Applauds for looking at this from the scientific viewpoint.

However, here’s my whine: Because of your post I spent several scintillating :) hours looking up intracellar and extracellular effects on edema, ischemic cell death, apoptic and necrotic cell death, cytotoxic and vasogenic edema and TBI treatment thereof. Sometimes it just doesn’t take much for me to realize, after wading into the ‘scientific waters’, oops, in over my head. ICC (Intracranial chemistry) is not my thing. Better at seeing how many times a ball is passed, even if I missed the big guy in the hairy gorilla suit. PR thread, pg 51-53 (We all have some visual handicaps, no? ) JMHO
TY, qft. As for your whine... seems like your life is as boring as mine. I’ve said this before, but when I start reading this stuff, my eyes start glazing over until I’m no longer even paying attention to what I’m reading. (Prolly just like anyone here reading one of my posts :giggle:.) But I have to understand what I’m reading. So I look up the big words as I read, and then read it over and over until I understand (I think) what I’m reading. The medical stuff really is boring unless it’s understood. And when it is, it’s fascinating. (Maybe one of these days I’ll get really industrious and try to understand the DNA stuff :facepalm:.)

I don’t believe I misunderstood your post at all otg. Please go back and read my reply again.

However, I do apologise though for flying off the handle and going into a rant over your post. I am a very angry poster, I know.
Why so angry, aussiesheila? Don’t take anything said here so personally. Life's too short to be filled with anger (or cheap beer, IMO :winko:).

I say again - I do not think that you should even be bothering to consider what has been put out by Kolar as being Dr Rorke’s comments on JonBenet’s brain hematoma. I say this not because I think Rorke was wrong or right but because I don’t believe the comments that Kolar attributes to her were ever made in relation JonBenet’s brain hematoma.
Since Kolar’s book came out, it has pretty much been assumed that this extended period of time between the two insults was based on Dr. Rorke’s “expert” opinion about JonBenet’s injuries specifically. But you and AK have made valid arguments (IMO) that this is an incorrect assumption. Since this timeframe is so different from any other “expert” opinion, I wanted to understand what she might have based it on. I saw reasons that would have had an influence on the timeframe that she might not have considered. If however (and that’s a big IF) this timeframe is not even specific to JonBenet, there would certainly be no need even in considering it in the first place (IMO). I hope when Kolar is on Tricia’s webcast again, someone will see to it that he is asked about it for clarification.

Here are Rorke’s comments again, as outlined in Kolars’ book and purported to relate specifically to JonBenet’s brain -

“She told investigators that the blow to the skull had immediately begun to hemorrhage, and it was not likely that she would have regained consciousness after receiving this injury. The blow to the head, if left untreated, would have been fatal.

The presence of cerebral edema, swelling of the brain, suggested that JonBenét had survived for some period of time after receiving the blow to her head. Blood from the injury slowly began to fill the cavity of the skull and began to build up pressure on her brain. As pressure increased, swelling was causing the medulla of the brain to push through the foramen magnum, the narrow opening at the base of the skull.

Dr. Rorke estimated that it would have taken an hour or so for the cerebral edema to develop, but that this swelling had not yet caused JonBenét’s death. “Necrosis,” neurological changes to the brain cells, indicated a period of survival after the blow that could have ranged from between forty-five (45) minutes and two (2) hours.

As pressure in her skull increased, JonBenét was beginning to experience the effects of “brain death.” Her neurological and biological systems were beginning to shut down, and she may have been exhibiting signs of cheyne-stokes breathing.”
(Sorry I didn’t realize you had already posted this passage when I did it in an earlier post. Thanks.)

I think Rorke’s comments were made in relation to brain hematoma in general. I think BPD are pretending that she made these comments specifically about JonBenet’s brain.
Possible (except the part about BPD “pretending”, IMO).

I think what Rorke was describing was what happens when a brain hematoma is the only cause of death, which happens far more frequently than what happened to poor JonBenet. The situation with JonBenet was unusual in that strangulation was also involved in her death and that was clearly not what had happened to the brains Dr Rorke was describing.
I completely agree with you on that one, aussiesheila. I’ve said on several occasions that the complications from more than one injury changes how the body responds to any one stimulus. The complexity of multiple injuries makes an accurate determination almost impossible.

I think it I absurd for you to throw into question Dr Meyer’s assessment of the condition of the brain. The man was a medically trained and qualified forensic pathologist with 10 years' experience. So what if he hadn’t specialized in neuro-pathology. This stuff he was describing is just so basic and fundamental, any half intelligent first year physiology student understands and grasps it. It certainly isn’t the sort of thing a fully qualified and experienced medico is going to get confused over. Meyer would not have been confused about any of this stuff, just as Dr Rorke would not have either. The reason their observations are so different is because they were talking about two entirely different situations. Meyer’s are relevant to the case, Rorke’s are not.
We’ll have to part ways on this one, my friend. I’ve defended Dr. Meyer in the past -- when I felt he was correct. But I’ll continue to question his ability and/or his dedication knowing some of the things he did which were just deplorable. It doesn’t matter how much experience he had, or where he was educated. And the subtleties of particular areas of expertise (e.g., Neuropathology, Pediatric Pathology, Cytopathology, Molecular Genetic Pathology) are not something that “any half intelligent first year physiology student understands.” The herniated brain “coning” I mentioned is one of those subtleties that even experienced Medical Examiners can miss. (I even offered the reasons why this is something easily overlooked.) Dr. Meyer did have the good sense though to realize when he was lacking for knowledge in certain areas, which is why he had the foresight to call in other experts in the applicable areas.

You have definitely misunderstood my post too otg. My main point was that I don’t believe Dr Rorke ever spoke to BPD specifically about JonBenet’s head injuries. If she did speak to them about head injuries, and she may well have, then she was clearly speaking only in general terms and not JonBenet’s head injury specifically. I believe I stated this in my earlier post but perhaps not clearly enough. I just don’t understand why you wasted your time considering what has been put forth as Dr Rorke’s conclusions about JonBenet’s head injury. It is so obvious they weren’t her conclusions about JonBenet’s head injury at all. This is just what BPD wants you to believe but they are deceiving you IMO.
Well, neither of us knows for sure the extent of her involvement or what information/evidence was shared with her for her opinion. And as I stated today in another post, she may well have been speaking only in general terms when she passed on this information. If that’s the case, I have no problem with completely ignoring this timeframe. But you understand that a lot of people have bought into the notion that JonBenet could have lived for up to two hours after being struck on the head. I think it’s important to find out if it’s true, because I don’t believe it. (I don’t think though that this is what the BPD is trying to get the public to believe.)

Sorry to have ranted again.
Me too -- but then, I do whenever I open my mouth... er, uh, I mean, “flex my typing fingers.”

Charterhouse, I agree with all you say here. I wish I could say it as succinctly as you did.

Like you, I don’t know if any timeline we might come up with will really point to the person responsible or eliminate someone else.

Dr. Meyer did indeed say he expected to testify in court about his findings that were not written in the AR. Since it certainly appears now that this won’t happen in his (or my) lifetime, I wonder if he has written down the information he might have given in court in some kind of document “to be opened upon death”.

As for Meyer’s statement that TOD is “not factual but interpretive”, I just have to add this: It would have been a lot less “interpretive” and a lot more “factual” had he done his job with a little more professionalism when it mattered. Ten minutes to do an initial examination? Shameful. Waiting for police to get a search warrant before taking custody of the body? Uninformed (or just ignorant of his own authority).
BRAVO!!!! Thank you. I too have wondered why she lay there for 6 or so hours before he arrived there. And he did not do what he could have to establish TOD. Like you said he was there for 10 minutes. This was a little girl. Why did he not do those procedures

Even with all we know, I’m not sure we can reasonably come to any better timeframe than what we have. It seems BPD can’t -- and they have more information than we do. We’re just left with trying to make sense of what information has been leaked out (and some of that may be completely wrong). If you recall, you and I discussed this timeframe shortly after it came out (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ames-Kolar-on-Tricia-s-True-Crime-Radio/page2). One of the things that Kolar mentioned in Tricia’s August 4, 2013, webcast was that the 45 to 120 minute timeframe was based partly on the pineapple digestion.

I’ve always had doubts about the validity of that timeframe, but that was when we all understood Kolar’s book to mean that it was based on Dr. Rorke’s estimate alone. Here is what he wrote in his book:

Dr. Lucy Rorke, a neuro-pathologist with the Philadelphia Children's Hospital, helped explain the timing of some of the injuries sustained by JonBenet. She told investigators that the blow to the skull had immediately begun to hemorrhage, and it was not likely that she would have regained consciousness after receiving this injury. The blow to the head, if left untreated, would have been fatal.

The presence of cerebral edema, swelling of the brain, suggested that JonBenet had survived for some period of time after receiving the blow to her head. Blood from the injury slowly began to fill the cavity of the skull and began to build up pressure on her brain. As pressure increased, swelling was causing the medulla of the brain to push through the foramen magnum, the narrow opening at the base of the skull.

Dr. Rorke estimated that it would have taken an hour or so for the cerebral edema to develop, but that this swelling had not yet caused JonBenet's death. "Necrosis," neurological changes to the brain cells, indicated a period of survival after the blow that could have ranged from between forty-five (45) minutes and two (2) hours.

As pressure in her skull increased, JonBenet was beginning to experience the effects of “brain death.” Her neurological and biological systems were beginning to shut down, and she may have been exhibition signs of cheyne-stokes breathing. These are short, gasping breaths that may be present as the body struggles to satisfy its need for oxygen in the final stages of death.

The medical experts were in agreement: the blow to JonBenet’s skull had taken place some period of time prior to her death by strangulation. The bruising beneath the garrote and the petechial hemorrhaging in her face and eyes were conclusive evidence that she was still alive when the tightening of the ligature ended her life.

The medical consultants considered the timing of the tracking of the pineapple that had moved through JonBenet’s digestive track (sic). It was generally agreed that the timing of the ingestion of this fruit could have coincided with the time frame regarding her head injury. It was estimated that it would have taken between two to five hours for the pineapple to move through her system. It appeared to investigators that she had eaten the pineapple not long before receiving the blow to her head.

I remembered Kolar saying on the radio that part of that estimate was based the pineapple digestion. But I went back and listened again to his statement. Here is what Kolar said (without the "uh"s) on Tricia’s webcast (8-4-2013, beginning at about 13 minutes) when she asked about the time between ingestion of pineapple and actual death:

From the reports that I reviewed, they were looking at somewhere between a 45 minute to perhaps an hour-and-a-half, upwards of possibly 2 hours. And that was based on what their thinking was the time of ingestion of the pineapple coupled with the traveling through her digestive tract as well as the amount of blood and swelling of the brain after the blow to the head.

Those are the time frames that I put in my book that were provided by some of the medical experts that were interviewed and consulted with by the BPD.

So now I’m beginning to wonder exactly where the 45 to 120 minute timeframe came from. Was that Rorke’s opinion based solely on the condition of JonBenet’s brain, was that an interpretation by investigators based on more than one source and passed on to Kolar, was that Kolar’s interpretation based on what he read in BPD reports, or was the extended timeframe not at all about JonBenet’s individual circumstances but instead about TBIs in general (as some are suggesting)? I don’t know the answer; but I have even more doubts now about this timeframe than I did to start with (and I haven’t even gotten to the problems with “necrosis”).

otg,
Thanks for your informative post. I reckon Kolar is summarising reports one of which contains Rorke's opinion, i.e. She told investigators, this must be based on either her own analysis of JonBenet's samples or someone elses, otherwise how else would she know necrosis e.g. automatic internal breakdown of cells at death, q.v. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Necrosis, there is a nice diagram there, had taken place?

I think Kolar or other investigators have used the passage of the pineapple to demonstrate that the timeline might be 120 min, yet pineapple can quickly pass through the digestive system since it is mainly water.

The way I read it is Rorke is saying a minimum of 45 minutes to when JonBenet was asphyxiated and Kolar et al are speculating via the passage of the pineapple that this time period could extend to 120 minutes.

So the necrosis appears to be a deciding factor here, only Rorke's minimal estimate is open to question, poll another paediatric specialist and you might get a lower estimate?

Steve Thomas' PDI theory is just that, something to fill a book out which would not frighten the natives, and allow him to offer an account for why he left the case.-UKGuy

Heyya UKGuy

That's a very interesting take on the ST theory.

When I first read his book I felt he was fixated upon PR, (after all the rn ties her to the staging), but I wondered why he was not as critical of JR's personality defects.

Tadpole12,
When I read his book I found it difficult to put Patsy in the frame. There was forensic evidence there, but no real viable motive, other than the bedwetting and corporal punishment to account for JonBenet's internal injuries. Yet if you read the chapter on JonBenet's internal injuries and what all the pediatricians make of it, corporal punishment is not mentioned. From memory its only Steve Thomas who speculates on the corporal punishment, nobody else has promoted this.

So in his book there appears to be a conflict between his theory and the forensic evidence. I think the case could still be PDI, but if it was a sole PDI then I would have expected the staging to have been much more consistent, similarly with JDI.

I reckon Steve Thomas, within the limits set by his contract with BPD, wanted to tell the world what was going on behind the scenes, and why he left. At the time I assumed if he pointed a finger at JR and linked him with any alleged sexual assault he might be litigated. BR was out of bounds, so he speculates about corporal punishment as an explanation for the internal injuries, known as genital trauma, a nice politically correct phrase.

It appears JonBenet's homicide was fixed ahead of anyone arriving at the R's front door, the rest is simply case management, on the don't go there level, along with the RST doing their work.

Anti-K,
That was a theory proposed in his book, yet he offered no evidence in support of it. We know JonBenet was both chronically and acutely sexually abused, her enlarged hymen is testimony to this.

In late 2006, it was reported that Holly Smith, head of Boulder County Sexual Abuse Team, visited JBR's bedroom on the third day of the investigation. "Smith says most of the panties in JonBenet’s dresser drawers had been soiled with fecal material."

Given some of the details furnished by James Kolar the above account is consistent. Holly Smith was dropped from the case and served a non-disclosure notice on anything to do with the sexual abuse of JonBenet, her speciality, her autobiography was redacted on those grounds.

Steve Thomas' PDI theory is just that, something to fill a book out which would not frighten the natives, and allow him to offer an account for why he left the case.

Its a bit like any IDI, it could have happened, but guess what, nobody takes it too seriously!

Her hymen wasn't enlarged- it was eroded away. It was her vaginal canal that was enlarged. More than twice the size of a normal 6-year old's, I believe.

Her hymen wasn't enlarged- it was eroded away. It was her vaginal canal that was enlarged. More than twice the size of a normal 6-year old's, I believe.

DeeDee249,
Thanks for the correction. Would that result from digital penetration alone?

I took UKG's statement to mean her hymenal opening.

DeeDee249,
Thanks for the correction. Would that result from digital penetration alone?
"Digital" or "analog". :floorlaugh:

(Seriously, it could be from any kind of penetration -- and most likely repeated and healed, otherwise known as chronic.)

In his book, the 45 – 120 minute time is based on necrosis. In his book, the pineapple range is 2 – 5 hours.

The 45 – 120 minute time given by Kolar on Tricia’s webcast seems to be based on the pineapple digestion, and, he is saying that the head blow happened within that time frame assuming (correctly?) that the head blow would not have had any impact on the digestive process.

I think on the webcast, perhaps elsewhere, Kolar has conflated the pineapple and head blow time frames.

AK

A 1999 study indicated "an 'expected' hymenal opening size of 6 mm for someone JBR's age; her actual opening size, 1 cm, placed her in the mid-range of sizes observed in this study among six-year olds known to have been abused."

http://jonbenetramsey.pbworks.com/w/page/11682469/Evidence of Prior Sexual Abuse

BUT, this study has been successfully refuted, and we (most of us) concur JonBenét was sexually assaulted the night of her death.

Dr. Meyer's findings, detailed in the autopsy report, do not nearly necessitate recurrent, sexual abuse. Any theory based upon this assumption leaves a lot of room for error.

IMO, the reason for the time frame from the head blow till strangulation is because this is when the R's were trying to figure out what to do and how to handle the situation. They had trips planned and decided to not get her help but to make this intruder did it scenario and they couldnt call 911 earlier because of the vacay plans. They had to "wake up" and finds shes gone

The terminology was "corporal cleansing" rather than "corporal punishment." That tells me that, in theory, Patsy did it while cleansing JonBenet (which also could explain the evidence of sexual trauma). The big question for me is what generated the need for that type cleansing?

I believe Patsy was angry that her little beauty queen was soiling herself and thus embarrassing Patsy. Patsy probably didn't want to clean a six year old and she wasn't having success changing JonBenets behavior. I also believe Patsy had big suspicions about John and JonBenet and was angry at John AND JonBenet. Remember, Patsy said JonBenet was flirty. Patsy was feeling down about herself after chemo and she probably felt JonBenet was getting attention from John she wanted. And yes I do believe a mom can take her anger out on a child in this situation. It could also explain John and Patsy working together in a cover-up.

IMO, the reason for the time frame from the head blow till strangulation is because this is when the R's were trying to figure out what to do and how to handle the situation. They had trips planned and decided to not get her help but to make this intruder did it scenario and they couldnt call 911 earlier because of the vacay plans. They had to "wake up" and finds shes gone

I doubt the Rs didn't call 911 for help for JB because of their vacation plans. Rather, it was because they believed she was beyond help and/or already dead and/or they did not want evidence of sexual abuse to be discovered. Remember she BLED from the vagina that night because of something penetrating her. Though the blood was wiped away (and later discovered by a fluoroscope) they knew that the injury might be discovered by the emergency room doctors. I just don't think getting help for her was ever something they considered. There was about 6 hours between her death and the 911 call just before 6 am on the 26th. The horror of the realization that JB was actually dead or dying and one of them was responsible and needed to be protected sent adrenaline levels surging and they went into coverup hyperdrive. I feel they may have had some "expert" advice from either a lawyer, doctor (JB's) or both at some point before they made that 911 call. But nonetheless, the decisions of what to do and how to do it to make it seem like a kidnapping gone wrong made those hours fly by. With the trip scheduled for 7 am, something had to be done fast. Not much is mentioned about whether JR called his pilot MA to cancel the flight BEFORE he was overhead by police speaking to him AFTER he "found" JB's body. I think he'd have HAD to call him before that- or else his pilot would have called or come to the house when they didn't show up at the airport.

I doubt the Rs didn't call 911 for help for JB because of their vacation plans. Rather, it was because they believed she was beyond help and/or already dead and/or they did not want evidence of sexual abuse to be discovered. Remember she BLED from the vagina that night because of something penetrating her. Though the blood was wiped away (and later discovered by a fluoroscope) they knew that the injury might be discovered by the emergency room doctors. I just don't think getting help for her was ever something they considered. There was about 6 hours between her death and the 911 call just before 6 am on the 26th. The horror of the realization that JB was actually dead or dying and one of them was responsible and needed to be protected sent adrenaline levels surging and they went into coverup hyperdrive. I feel they may have had some "expert" advice from either a lawyer, doctor (JB's) or both at some point before they made that 911 call. But nonetheless, the decisions of what to do and how to do it to make it seem like a kidnapping gone wrong made those hours fly by. With the trip scheduled for 7 am, something had to be done fast. Not much is mentioned about whether JR called his pilot MA to cancel the flight BEFORE he was overhead by police speaking to him AFTER he "found" JB's body. I think he'd have HAD to call him before that- or else his pilot would have called or come to the house when they didn't show up at the airport.
But what im saying is they couldnt call 911 early(that would be suspicious) because they had plans... They would not have had the time to call any earlier and still have time to stage, (shower away the evidence, and put on fresh makeup) so imo they waited until 5:52 that morning because they had a scheduled flight and had to be at the airport. That way they would "wake" up to get ready for their trip and realize she was "kidnapped". And I agree when you say they didnt want to get her help because secrets would have been told and they just couldnt have that.

"But nonetheless, the decisions of what to do and how to do it to make it seem like a kidnapping gone wrong made those hours fly by. With the trip scheduled for 7 am, something had to be done fast. Not much is mentioned about whether JR called his pilot MA to cancel the flight BEFORE he was overhead by police speaking to him AFTER he "found" JB's body. I think he'd have HAD to call him before that- or else his pilot would have called or come to the house when they didn't show up at the airport."

VERY GOOD POINT imo, ty DedDee - settles another Q in my mind from over the years

"But nonetheless, the decisions of what to do and how to do it to make it seem like a kidnapping gone wrong made those hours fly by. With the trip scheduled for 7 am, something had to be done fast. Not much is mentioned about whether JR called his pilot MA to cancel the flight BEFORE he was overhead by police speaking to him AFTER he "found" JB's body. I think he'd have HAD to call him before that- or else his pilot would have called or come to the house when they didn't show up at the airport."

VERY GOOD POINT imo, ty DedDee - settles another Q in my mind from over the years

Would the pilot have called? I would think that private jet pilots are like limo drivers and they would sit and wait until their clients were ready. What time did JR actually call the pilot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
poohgirl2001w
Back