Heart Shaped Sticker And Duct Tape #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm...the other interesting thing is, this was a heart sticker found attached to a piece of cardboard, as noted in the forensic report from the crime scene (which I am reading).

Where are you seeing that? It looks like weathered duct tape to me.

The heart sticker found at the crime scene fits inside the sticker backing found at the home.
picture.php
picture.php

OMG! I thought the same thing!:)

so no confirmation one way or the other regarding KC's fingerprint? Did they omit that information, is it still being tested? Maybe her DNA is being tested if they found any DNA residue from her ripping the tape with her teeeeeeettttthhhhhhh.

OMG! I thought the same thing!:)

I'm not so sure it's a match. The sticker definitely looks like a "puffy" sticker. Being a mom of 2 girls, puffy stickers don't usually come on sticker backers like that --- they're more often found on shiny flat paper, with no outline around it. KWIM?

And if you look really closely, the sticker looks wider than would fit inside the backer.

But, I'm really confused now, because somewhere in the doc dump, it was really clear that the sticker in the photo was found attached to a cardboard matting material. Yet, under observation, the sticky residue on the duct tape around Caylee's mouth, was consistant with a match with the heart sticker. So at one time, it was stuck on the duct tape long enough to leave a residue, but found in December adhered to a cardboard matte???? Are there 2 stickers?????? Or is there only one and it was purposefully moved???? Or, am I just going nuts and not deciphering the doc dump correctly?

That is a question that still needs to be answered. Its possible the sticker was initially on duct tape, but perhaps with all the water, exposure to elements, it detached and wound up on the cardboard matting? It is described in the evidence reports as cardboard matting....and I think once the heart-shaped residue was detected on the duct tape, the instruction went back to the scene investigators to see if they could locate a heart shape sticker, and this is what was found. Not to say, there could be more than one. I don't believe I read that it was definitely determined that the sticker found matched the residue on the tape??

ooooh then that could change everything. Now that I look at it again it looks like the pic above that I posted looks like this sticker may be on cardboard.

If you look a little further to the left and down on the "carboard" you can see a grid patern like a mesh. That is clearly deteriorating duct tape. The lines are the mesh grid of threads that is imbedded in duct tape to strengthen it.

so no confirmation one way or the other regarding KC's fingerprint? Did they omit that information, is it still being tested?

The FBI searched for, but was unable to find any fingerprints on the duct tape.

If you look a little further to the left and down on the "carboard" you can see a grid patern like a mesh. That is clearly deteriorating duct tape. The lines are the mesh grid of threads that is imbedded in duct tape to strengthen it.

Page 3500 describes this as "Piece of cardboard mat with pink raised heart shaped material" - it is FBI submission Q-188 and Item #11 in property tag J-60053. Item #10 in the same tag is "Misc. Pieces of cardboard matting".

The FBI searched for, but was unable to find any fingerprints on the duct tape.

:mad:
grrrrrrrrrrr Wishing, hoping and praying not only for Caylee's sake & justice but so that KC would have had prints on the tape for certain. THEN the A's would end all 'speculation' regarding who murdered their grandchild.

Darn it.

Page 3500 describes this as "Piece of cardboard mat with pink raised heart shaped material" - it is FBI submission Q-188 and Item #11 in property tag J-60053. Item #10 in the same tag is "Misc. Pieces of cardboard matting".

Not only that but if we will remember when the body was taken in and the duct tape removed that is when they saw the sticky part on the tape and it was heart shaped. They then went back to the crime scene and found the heart. So it would not be on the duct tape that was removed.

I'm thinkin we have not seen the duct tape or heart from Caylee's skull yet.

I am still working thru threads and docs.

The sticker photo on cardboad matting does not look like a lose sticker that has fallen off duct tape?

Not only that but if we will remember when the body was taken in and the duct tape removed that is when they saw the sticky part on the tape and it was heart shaped. They then went back to the crime scene and found the heart. So it would not be on the duct tape that was removed.

I'm thinkin we have not seen the duct tape or heart from Caylee's skull yet.
That's the way I am thinking.

Hate to repeat the multiple knife thing again, but are there 2 heart stickers involved?

so no confirmation one way or the other regarding KC's fingerprint? Did they omit that information, is it still being tested? Maybe her DNA is being tested if they found any DNA residue from her ripping the tape with her teeeeeeettttthhhhhhh.

Am I reading the doc correctly? I just read that NO latent fingerprints were found on the tape.

:mad:

That's the way I am thinking.

Hate to repeat the multiple knife thing again, but are there 2 heart stickers involved?

I'm thinking there must be two. The pic looked to me, like it did to others, like worn out duct tape. Fibers noted. But the duct tape suppossedly had a heart shaped sticker residue only with a separate heart sticker (unattached) also found. I've got lots of cardboard boxes, and I'm thinking I've certainly seen woved fibers in some before. Searching...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabrinalyyn