Heart Shaped Sticker And Duct Tape #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:doh: Thanks, JWG! What was I thinking?!

However, they don't look like the same stickers to me either. You can clearly see backing in the ones on the sheet and do not look puffy at all. I don't get it.

The heart sticker found at the crime scene fits inside the sticker found at the home.

ITA - good point. Sometimes a sticker is sold by itself in its precut shape, in this case, the photo of the "sticker" on top of the envelope found at the Anthony home could be the exterior/edge part surrounding the heart shaped sticker before the heart shaped sticker itself was removed from its backing. :eek:

:doh: Thanks, JWG! What was I thinking?!

However, they don't look like the same stickers to me either. You can clearly see backing in the ones on the sheet and do not look puffy at all. I don't get it.

It's not puffy. You are seeing an optical illusion from the flash photography. The sticker's have a shiny metallic-like sheen to them. See the photo of the sheet.

IMHO, LE was taking pictures of all the heart sticker sheets they found and it was before they found the actual sticker at the scene. At first didn't they just find "perfect heart shaped residue" on the duct tape and then the heart sticker itself was found a bit later? I think they were hoping to match something to the duct tape impression, then they found the sticker.

Seems that Casey scrapbooked...I also scrapbook and from the pictures shown of the sticker sheets I don't see one that would match the sticker from the scene. The one that was with the purple envelope definitely doesn't match. "Bubble" stickers typically have rounded edges and USUALLY just come on a clear sheet of backing. It's unusual to find a bubble sticker like that on a sheet of paper backing. In fact I just went through my large collection of scrapbook stickers and I couldn't find any bubble type stickers on paper backing, they are all on sheets of clear thin plastic like backing.

Caseyheartstickeroncellphone.jpg

HearStickercopy.jpg

BAM! You got it!

I hope you are sending this to LE.

They sell stickers like these specifically to put on cellphones, etc.

BAM! You got it!

I hope you are sending this to LE.

FWIW - The stickers on the cell phone are not the same as that found at the crime scene. Look at the scale in the photos: measurements in inches. If they were the same, then the stickers on the cell phone would have to be around 3/4 to 1 inch in size across the longest part of the heart (from side to side/across the heart, which is longer distance than from the top to bottom measurement that appears to be around 1/2 inch) and they'd cover a greater area of the cell phone's surface (i.e., that many 3/4 to 1 inch stickers on that cell phone would cover a greater portion of its surface area.) ;)

They sell stickers like these specifically to put on cellphones, etc.

That's true, and the stickers that are sold to put on cell phones don't measure 1/2 " top to bottom by 3/4 " to 1 " across. They're a LOT smaller. That's how we know that the stickers on the cell phone aren't a match to that found with Caylee's body.

Ah, you are right. The photo of the heart found at the crime scene is deceptive. It looks a lot smaller than an inch.

It's not puffy. You are seeing an optical illusion from the flash photography. The sticker's have a shiny metallic-like sheen to them. See the photo of the sheet.

I agree with you on this JWG. I don't think the sticker on the duct tape is puffy either, and it only looks that way because of the angle that the picture was taken at and as you said, the flash photography. I think the sticker on the duct tape and the sheet of stickers in the photo look like they are a very close match.

IMHO it is raised and it has glitter in it. Not the same heart at all. There are larger pics of the heart on the tape and you can clearly see the specks of glitter.

The photo with KC and friend (not Annie) and phone ... that is a raised heart as are some of the other stickers on the phone.

IMHO it is raised and it has glitter in it. Not the same heart at all. There are larger pics of the heart on the tape and you can clearly see the specks of glitter.

The photo with KC and friend (not Annie) and phone ... that is a raised heart as are some of the other stickers on the phone.

Also if you look at this photo you can see (as someone else pointed out there are three shades of red stripes (at an angle) and you can see what I was talking about ....

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3329910#post3329910

ETA: I added the photo in the post below this one.

oooops!!! didnt see the inches down there at the bottom, i guess i assumed they were cm or something form the looks of the yellow tape. that's true tho, it'd be much too big :bang:

Hmmm...the other interesting thing is, this was a heart sticker found attached to a piece of cardboard, as noted in the forensic report from the crime scene (which I am reading).

Hmmm...the other interesting thing is, this was a heart sticker found attached to a piece of cardboard, as noted in the forensic report from the crime scene (which I am reading).

ooooh then that could change everything. Now that I look at it again it looks like the pic above that I posted looks like this sticker may be on cardboard.

The heart looks puffy or 3D to me. I could be wrong...

Also if you look at this photo you can see (as someone else pointed out there are three shades of red stripes (at an angle) and you can see what I was talking about ....

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3329910#post3329910

ETA: I added the photo in the post below this one.

I agree. That heart sticker definitely doesn't match any of the sticker sheets that they took from the house. Maybe they haven't released a picture of a sticker sheet they did find that did match. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DownlowDelivery