Heart Shaped Sticker And Duct Tape #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to wait a bit and make sure OCSO has time to do whatever they would need to do and then I will post exactly what I sent them.

It's so strange how God works. This morning I started another endless search and thought to myself, I'm so tired of doing this, it's just impossible to find it...and then I opened up the zoom image of this one packet and there it was.

I said "Thank you, God...thank you!"

I wait with bated breath...

I agree that the stickers they found at home don't match the Puffy one. I don't know what was on the duct tape but my bet is it was a flat one and the surface dissolved over time or only parts of it were inside the bags. We don't know if the matt board and the puffy sticker are part of the case either. Like they said it was a dump site. Lots of what they collected may have nothing to do with the case. The needle in the bottle could have belonged to someone with diabetes and just throw out with the trash.

I wait with bated breath...

I agree that the stickers they found at home don't match the Puffy one. I don't know what was on the duct tape but my bet is it was a flat one and the surface dissolved over time or only parts of it were inside the bags. We don't know if the matt board and the puffy sticker are part of the case either.

Agreed - unless the dimensions of the heart at the crime scene match the size of the "tacky" spot on the duct tape. I would think at that point no one would look to silly assuming tab A goes in slot A. Here's the thing about the sticker, the duct tape, and the mat board....no one can say WHEN the heart sticker was on the duct tape, and IF it was removed prior to discarding the body. Point being, anybody sick enough to stick a heart sticker on the duct tape they just taped over a baby's mouth is also sick enough to remove the sticker and make some kind of bizarro "memorial board" with it prior to pitching the body. So the heart sticker could have been on the duct tape while the body was in the car, but not necessarily on the duct tape when the body was pitched in the swamp.

Agreed - unless the dimensions of the heart at the crime scene match the size of the "tacky" spot on the duct tape. I would think at that point no one would look to silly assuming tab A goes in slot A. Here's the thing about the sticker, the duct tape, and the mat board....no one can say WHEN the heart sticker was on the duct tape, and IF it was removed prior to discarding the body. Point being, anybody sick enough to stick a heart sticker on the duct tape they just taped over a baby's mouth is also sick enough to remove the sticker and make some kind of bizarro "memorial board" with it prior to pitching the body. So the heart sticker could have been on the duct tape while the body was in the car, but not necessarily on the duct tape when the body was pitched in the swamp.

The reason I was thinking it was a different sticker on the duck tape was because they took or found stickers that weren't puffy type stickers from the house. They found the flat metallic iridescent ones, no puffy ones that I could see. I don't know if there was a shrine or memorial board, but that is a very good thought. There were so many pictures boards in KC's room of them.

Okay, after thinking about the package this heart sticker comes in all day today, I'd like to tell you what I think about the heart sticker "sticky" on the duct tape and the heart sticker on the board. I do this with trepidation, because if I'm right, and OCSO did NOT find two stickers, then there is still a sticker (evidence) at the crime scene. But at the same time, the scene has been released for months now, and any evidence there would be considered compromised. So I'm not sure it's worth worrying about.

The package this heart comes in has two hearts that are identical in size and shape. The only difference between them is the coloring. The coloring comes from the fact these stickers are what are called "dome stickers" and they have a base that produces the design through the clear dome upper part. So basically they are a sticker on a sticker, if you will. So there are two hearts in this package that are identical in shape and size.

And I'll just leave it at that.

Okay, after thinking about the package this heart sticker comes in all day today, I'd like to tell you what I think about the heart sticker "sticky" on the duct tape and the heart sticker on the board. I do this with trepidation, because if I'm right, and OCSO did NOT find two stickers, then there is still a sticker (evidence) at the crime scene. But at the same time, the scene has been released for months now, and any evidence there would be considered compromised. So I'm not sure it's worth worrying about.

The package this heart comes in has two hearts that are identical in size and shape. The only difference between them is the coloring. The coloring comes from the fact these stickers are what are called "dome stickers" and they have a base that produces the design through the clear dome upper part. So basically they are a sticker on a sticker, if you will. So there are two hearts in this package that are identical in shape and size.

When you say "the package this heart comes in," are you talking about the puffy heart sticker that was on the cardboard backing at the scene? We went through this in a lot of detail earlier on this thread (including some field trips to Walgreens IIRC to take a look at the exact puffy sticker in question). The general consensus at the end (I think) was that that kind of sticker was not too flexible and would not have stuck to the duct tape over Caylee's mouth, whereas the "missing" heart sticker that matched the cut-out sticker backing that was found in the Caylee keepsake box in KC's closet was a plain paper or foil type of sticker that would conform more easily to an uneven surface. So we figured the sticker that came from that suspiciously "saved" backing was the one that was placed on the duct tape, and it disintegrated or was simply lost over the course of time at the dump scene, what with the flood waters, etc.

When you say "the package this heart comes in," are you talking about the puffy heart sticker that was on the cardboard backing at the scene? We went through this in a lot of detail earlier on this thread (including some field trips to Walgreens IIRC to take a look at the exact puffy sticker in question). The general consensus at the end (I think) was that that kind of sticker was not too flexible and would not have stuck to the duct tape over Caylee's mouth, whereas the "missing" heart sticker that matched the cut-out sticker backing that was found in the Caylee keepsake box in KC's closet was a plain paper or foil type of sticker that would conform more easily to an uneven surface. So we figured the sticker that came from that suspiciously "saved" backing was the one that was placed on the duct tape, and it disintegrated or was simply lost over the course of time at the dump scene, what with the flood waters, etc.
I agree.

I would add that it was noted that the duct tape from the skull was badly worn at the very front, silver layer worn away, so perhaps the sticker shaped residue was not over the mouth area as most of us first thought? The documents do not actually specify the mouth area. Could be, say the side (cheek)

Just so everyone doesn't have to go back and search for the pictures, and so Valhall and I know if we're talking about the same thing:

The puffy heart stickers in their natural habitat:
sticker%20sheet.jpg

The puffy heart sticker found at the scene on a cardboard mat, shown next to a cropped photo of a sticker from the sticker sheet:
twohearts.JPG

You guys are GOOD, that is the sticker. I found epoxy stickers from Fiskars Rain Dots in fushsia, but your sticker is the match.

Yes, and I think the mating heart to that one is what was on the duct tape. There's nothing about that sticker that would make it not stick to duct tape (at least temporarily - although I agree I don't think it would have stuck to it for an extended period of time). I don't believe whatever was stuck to the duct tape was stuck well. In other words, I don't think it was a paper sticker well stuck to the tape to where the paper dissolved away, else the residue would have been more noticeable to the human eye than what is described in the report. The report describes it as if it were not discernible until forensic work began. I'm of the impression it may have actually been found by microscope or other magnifying techniques, but definitely not blatantly obvious else it would have been stated in the report.

Yes, and I think the mating heart to that one is what was on the duct tape. There's nothing about that sticker that would make it not stick to duct tape (at least temporarily - although I agree I don't think it would have stuck to it for an extended period of time). I don't believe whatever was stuck to the duct tape was stuck well. In other words, I don't think it was a paper sticker well stuck to the tape to where the paper dissolved away, else the residue would have been more noticeable to the human eye than what is described in the report. The report describes it as if it were not discernible until forensic work began. I'm of the impression it may have actually been found by microscope or other magnifying techniques, but definitely not blatantly obvious else it would have been stated in the report.
Why then did KC cut out just one "used" sticker backing piece, and save in a box full of memorabilia stuff?

when they dusted for prints the black powder stuck to the tape and made it apparent to the eye.

Why then did KC cut out just one "used" sticker backing piece, and save in a box full of memorabilia stuff?

Don't forget she cut it out all pretty and curvy, and the box was specifically for "Caylee" stuff, and the sticker was the very top (therefore probably the last) thing put in the box....

Don't forget she cut it out all pretty and curvy, and the box was specifically for "Caylee" stuff, and the sticker was the very top (therefore probably the last) thing put in the box....

I must have missed that. I saw the sticker page that LE took and the heart sticker was missing but the backing of the page contained a curvy edge around it. Was that box just for Caylee's stuff????

I must have missed that. I saw the sticker page that LE took and the heart sticker was missing but the backing of the page contained a curvy edge around it. Was that box just for Caylee's stuff????

There were at least 3 photos released: the sticker page with the cut-out section, the "Caylee" box shown in place in the closet, and the open box with the cut-out sticker backing sitting right on top of the other memorabilia in the box (e.g., IIRC, an envelope from Cindy's mom that was addressed to Caylee and mailed right after she was born).

I do realize this should be on the photobucket thread but I wanted to show you this just in case you didn't notice this on KC's photobucket images. This pic of a bandage with a heart on it stuck out to me:

f095z6.jpg

I love love the way you say "Lipularly Follicular"

Have a kitten, my highest reward! :cat:

Nothing like a "final judgement" yet, but those (that) thread(s) of evidence is (are) still alive, though plainly in a coma.
FBI still has the duct tape from the skull with the heart-shaped adhesive. Who knows what their tests have revealed? Personally, I think that the heart adhesive is most likely to match the single sticker backing sample collected from amongst KC's memorabilia.(The documents do NOT confirm that the sticker backing was sent to FBI, but I imagine it was?) I think the "puffy heart" found on a scrap of cardboard mat is a separate item. May or may not be relevant to the case. The FBI do have that piece of evidence, so again we await test results.
Oh My! A Kitten! I would like to thank my parents, the Academy, but especially my fellow WSer, HP.

Ok now back to business:
are you referring to the Hologram sticker backing and top outline border that was cutout from the rest of the page?

picture.php

Right...I remember posting abt the maker of the package of the Puffy stickers earlier in this thread. Can't recall who exactly mentioned the sticker maker but it was a good find.
I must have missed some posts-didn't know abt you giving your work to LE. It will be interesting to see what part it plays in the trial.

Right...I remember posting abt the maker of the package of the Puffy stickers earlier in this thread. Can't recall who exactly mentioned the sticker maker but it was a good find.
I must have missed some posts-didn't know abt you giving your work to LE. It will be interesting to see what part it plays in the trial.

Well, I'm far behind all you guys. I haven't been reading this thread, so I'm sure somebody already did that before me.

Concerning the statements about the importance of the one paper sticker backing in the box, I'm trying to see the significance of this, but I'm having a hard time.

I guess the real question is when the report states the FBI lab called back to the investigators at the crime scene and requested they look for a heart sticker and then the report states they found one and we have a picture of a dome sticker (aka "puffy sticker"), it leads one to believe that's the sticker they found as referred to in the report. Now, I understand that there is the possibility that the dome sticker is not the one they found as referred to in the report, but we don't have a picture of another sticker in the released photos...so, I'm at a loss why the dome sticker wouldn't be the sticker referred to in the report.

We have no way of knowing when the heart sticker backing was placed in the box, or if KC even ever accessed the box again anytime in the past 3 years bein's the next item in the box is a 3 year old card. And just because they took picture of the heart backing doesn't really mean it has an attachment to the crime scene other than to show KC's propensity to hearts (which there's more hearts in that bedroom than I care to count!). I mean they took a picture of a ballerina dress embellishment as well, but I don't think that means they found a ballerina dress embellishment at the crime scene.

And then lastly, the thing that bugs me the most about pinning some kind of significance on anything in that room (other than finding the actual package the actual heart found at the scene of the crime came from - but that would require knowing that some OTHER heart sticker was found at the crime scene) is that the entire room has been changed since the time of Caylee's disappearance. I'd like to ask the woman bondsperson who stayed in the house in the first month LP had KC out whether the room had been rearranged at that point or not, or whether the room being completely changed happened while KC was out on the last release. (My point being, I'd like to know if CA completely went through the room and rearranged it while KC was in jail the first time, or whether KC and CA did it while KC was out of jail during one of her confinement periods.) Point here is - with the way CA appears to have been in cover-up mode from about 07/17 on, I'm not sure who stuck what in where or why and then who got rid of what when.

This is one area where I think LE could have been more proactive. The minute KC changed her story and claimed Zani had handed her a "script" telling her what to do and say, they had a reason to go before a judge and removed every stick of paper from KC's room on the grounds of trying to find that script. That would have gotten all the scrapbooking materials into evidence and prevented destruction or manipulation of evidence.

And I'd like to add that whether CA rearranged the room when KC was in jail the first time, or whether KC and her decided to do it during one of KC's home confinement periods, I find completely rearranging a bedroom a rather BIZARRE CHOICE OF HOW TO SPEND YOUR TIME when your daughter/grand-daughter is missing.

Apparently during the countless hours they were dedicating to finding a living Caylee, and during the same period of time they claim LE wasn't trying at all, they had at least half a day to move an entire room of furniture around and redecorate.

Yeah, must have been a stress reliever or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett