Heart-Shaped Sticker On Tape Over Caylee's Mouth

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, but I can't see a kidnapper leaving a heart shaped sticker. I think, it disproves her story even more (not that I ever bought it).

I'm not talking about a real kidnapper. I'm talking about KC trying to make it look like a death at the hands of a kidnapper. Kidnapper dumps the body very close to the Anthony's house where it is likely to be found. The sticker is a message from the killer. Something like "You shouldn't have gotten LE involved in a widespread search for Caylee. This is what you get for that!" It sorta ties in with the KC proclamation that Caylee could be harmed if anyone other than her got involved in her possible recovery. "See, I told you that something bad would happen if the cops tried to track her down."

Watching HLN and headline reads:Heart sticker on tape over Caylee's mouth.

Thay are showing old tape of the back window of the A's truck, it had the hearts painted on each side of the Caylee is missing info. KC likes those hearts. i'm just sick.

At least there goes the Nanny story...

I think the sticker was on there to convince Caylee not to be afraid of the tape that mommy was going to put on her. One thing is clear: Casey never intended for Caylee to live for very long after she put that tape on her because of the way she wrapped it, she stuck it to her hair. She had no intention of ever removing that tape from around Caylee, there would be no way to do that without scissors. That's the nail in her defense coffin for me.

So you think KC put the sticker on the duct tape, then showed it to Caylee to calm her, then applied the duct tape?

So you think Caylee was completely conscious when this duct tape was applied?

I can't see this scenario playing out. I can only imagine Caylee was dead or completely drugged out when the duct tape was applied, then KC applied the heart as a final "goodbye, mommy tried to love you but couldn't" gesture.

Duct tape over the mouth is classic kidnapping stuff. It's commonly seen in films and is easy to imagine as something a kidnapper would use to quiet a person kept against their will. KC may have placed the tape on Caylee to make it appear as if she had been silenced by a person holding her. The heart sticker may have been intended to appear as if the kidnapper (Zanny?) was making a statement to KC or others who might find her body. What kind of a statement? Who knows.
No, Mothers who kill their kids, ala Patsy Ramsey use little hearts, not a kidnapper.:snooty:

Are you being serious? (I'm overly literal sometimes, so I'm honestly asking.) As I understand it, malice aforethought just means "knowledge that through an action or omission, the result will be some one's death." (Wikkipedia)

A heart sticker and a Poo blanket with the body do not negate the idea of knowing intent to kill in any way that I can see.

JonBenet Ramsey was also "lovingly wrapped" in a little blanket too...

No, Mothers who kill their kids, ala Patsy Ramsey use little hearts, not a kidnapper.:snooty:

I caught that too LinasK. In fact, that was the case that brought me here to read for ages before I ever signed up to post.

Wonder what it is with the hearts?

This is a rule that everyone knows and abides by? Like a law?

Why wouldn't KC remove the duct tape and just put the heart sticker on Caylee's cheek or forehead?

So you think KC put the sticker on the duct tape, then showed it to Caylee to calm her, then applied the duct tape?

I can't see this scenario playing out. I can only imagine Caylee was dead or completely drugged out when the duct tape was applied, then KC applied the heart as a final "goodbye, mommy tried to love you but couldn't" gesture.

You'd have to be sooooooo cold hearted to put this kind of duct tape or ANYTHING over a childs mouth when they are awake - it would go over the mouth and nose, suffocating the child

IF she did do this, I would think there would have been tear marks on the duct tape for Caylee to try and get it off as well as tears and mucous in the sticky part of the tape

I'm not talking about a real kidnapper. I'm talking about KC trying to make it look like a death at the hands of a kidnapper. Kidnapper dumps the body very close to the Anthony's house where it is likely to be found. The sticker is a message from the killer. Something like "You shouldn't have gotten LE involved in a widespread search for Caylee. This is what you get for that!" It sorta ties in with the KC proclamation that Caylee could be harmed if anyone other than her got involved in her possible recovery. "See, I told you that something bad would happen if the cops tried to track her down."
Except that Casey probably never intended for the body ever to be found, that's why she reacted,"This can't be happening!", upon being told of the discovery of the remains.

That's what I think too.

I think Caylee was completely conscious when the tape went on. I think Casey was furious about something when she did it and I don't see her sedating her, waiting for it work, and then killing her in her "sleep". Nothing about Casey has indicated any consideration for Caylee or anyone around her.

I think Caylee was completely conscious when the tape went on. I think Casey was furious about something when she did it and I don't see her sedating her, waiting for it work, and then killing her in her "sleep". Nothing about Casey has indicated any consideration for Caylee or anyone around her.
If she Chloroformed Caylee, which is what I think, it would knock her out immediately...

We don't know yet if the tape was applied ante or post mortem. If it was post mortem it could indicate staging by the perpetrator. It could well be that when she decided to dump the body, she then put the sticker on top of the duct tape. It could well be that she accidently overdosed the baby with something, panicked, wrapped the baby up in a blanket and put her in the laundry bag, shoving it up against the spare tire. She had a couple days to think about what to do - perhaps she thought she would stage it to look like a kidnapping, placing the tape on her mouth then. After the body fluids leaked she had to dump the body, came back to the house, got a garbage bag, put the sticker on top of the duct tape and then got rid of the body.

To us the sticker is more than disgusting, it's sick, but to KC, it might have seemed like a symbol of love and good bye. We can't think of it as what we would do, we have to think of it as KC would - we think it's inappropriate it, but to KC, it might have been the appropriate act in that situation. We have to think like the perpetrator, not as ourselves to understand this.
Unfortunately for Miss Casey, she is not claiming that her daughter died accidentally. She is claiming that she knows nothing about her daughter's death, since it occurred during an alleged kidnapping, after which she never saw Caylee again.

Any evidence found in the car, with Caylee's body, or in the home that connects Casey to her daughter's death will counter her claim of innocence due to uninvolvement.

In practical terms, how could Jose suggest to a jury that the death may have occurred as a result of an accident involving his client, if his client continues to insist she played no part whatsoever?

I have imagined that when KC put that tape on Caylee that there was never any intention of removing it.

The tape was across her mouth and both ends of the tape were in Caylee's hair (if I read the report right?).

No one would wrap duct tape into anyone's hair with the intention of later removing it. That's just my two cents.

I do too! Wasn't KC spotted the night of June 15th pacing the parking lot at a hotel? I think KC put the tape on Caylee's mouth, because she couldn't stand to hear her cry for CA and then dumped her in the trunk. I can picture her pacing the parking lot while Caylee slowly suffocated! :furious:

Except that Casey probably never intended for the body ever to be found,

So she never intended for anyone to see the heart? A heart sticker that nobody would ever see.

that's why she reacted,"This can't be happening!", upon being told of the discovery of the remains.

She must have been thinking the body would be found at any time. It was very close and exposed. She probably couldn't figure out what was taking so long. Or maybe she was thinking somebody had found it and put it someplace much more hidden and distant.

Besides, "This can't be happening!" could be a faux response meant to sound like "OMG. The nanny really did kill Caylee after all."

I have imagined that when KC put that tape on Caylee that there was never any intention of removing it.

The tape was across her mouth and both ends of the tape were in Caylee's hair (if I read the report right?).

No one would wrap duct tape into anyone's hair with the intention of later removing it. That's just my two cents.

According to the documents, Caylee's hair had to be cut to remove the tape.

It was almost like KC was trying to say good-bye, I love you, in a very strange sort of way.

THAT is what I thought when I heard about the sticker. Almost like it represents a kiss goodbye. So IF this is what was meant by the sticker, who else would do this but her mother? I doubt a kidnapper would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leahruss