Heart-Shaped Sticker On Tape Over Caylee's Mouth

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If true, this is obviously a crushing blow to the defense and any hope/prayer they had of defending Casey against the murder one charge. Clearly, it works in favor of the SA's arguments that it was a premeditated murder. I expect that the SA will have no trouble obtaining DP with this piece of evidence.

Again, if we assume it's true, it's pretty self explanatory re: why the SA will use it to demonstrate premeditation: who the heck would place a heart sticker over the duct tape they'd just used to kill their child?

OK, I'm acting as defense here, in an attempt to reduce charges:

She put the duct tape over her mouth, just like several people can speculate to quiet her cries, lest she wake up from the Chloroform sleep before KC can arrive back to retrieve her.

OK, but then the defense has to explain the sticker. Caylee did not put the sticker on there herself.

If it was put there after Caylee died, then why didn't Casey take the duct tape off of her, and why did she just dump her in the woods?

Then the defense has to explain why a mother would plan to chloroform her baby daughter. Did she really expect her to wake up again?

I can't see any factors as pluses for the defense.

Does not duct tape over a child's mouth conclude murder one? Doesn't smell like accident to me...

No accident....what person that accidently killed someone would go looking for a sheet of stickers to place on their victim. She planned this whole thing out and to know that the last video of Caylee at the nursing home would be the last one ever taken of her. She was an absolutely precious child.

If true, this is obviously a crushing blow to the defense and any hope/prayer they had of defending Casey against the murder one charge. Clearly, it works in favor of the SA's arguments that it was a premeditated murder. I expect that the SA will have no trouble obtaining DP with this piece of evidence.

Again, if we assume it's true, it's pretty self explanatory re: why the SA will use it to demonstrate premeditation: who the heck would place a heart sticker over the duct tape they'd just used to kill their child?
Why would this work in favor of pre-med? I am not seeing that from the bit I have seen. I better start reading and see what is going on lol. I'll check back after work thanks for any info.

If it is a statement, what was it? I have already posted 3 possible, above.

Not sure. Maybe a classic "Love you!" sign off? KC flings around the words, "I love you!" to lots of people casually (remember the first jail call when she used them to shut up her friend's pleas about Caylee?) There's no actual meaning behind them. To her those three words are just something you say when you hang up a phone (or in this case, ditch your child's body).

And if she was being so "loving" with the Winnie and heart sticker, then why wasn't Caylee's most cherished thing - her doll - in the laundry bag too? That doll would've been the ultimate comfort to Caylee's body and soul.

Miss Casey is not presenting an "accidental death" defense.

How is the defense going to proffer a theory of accidental death, when the client continues to claim to be utterly uninvolved?

I guess Jeffrey Dahmer would've gotten off if he had wrapped his half-eaten bodies in Winnie the Pooh and heart stickers.

This logic makes no sense to me... But, guess that's why I'm not a lawyer...

I have never used the clap icon but here you go :clap:

I think what you're trying to say is that KC thought a normal person would show love this way. She's trying to think like a normal person and obviously she can't come remotely close. Sick, sick girl!:furious:

Reminds me of the butterfly from Silence of the lambs...weird.

Butterflies are beautiful and so are hearts...but not over a duct-taped corpse.

OK, I'm acting as defense here, in an attempt to reduce charges:

She put the duct tape over her mouth, just like several people can speculate, to quiet her cries, lest she wake up from the Chloroform sleep before KC can arrive back to retrieve her.
I want to believe that but I am just not sure.

:blowkiss: Everyone relax.....expect the spin, don't get bogged down in it. Keep reading and see what else is new.

Thank you kindly Teh! Good reminder. And just in time too. :blowkiss:

I guess Jeffrey Dahmer would've gotten off if he had wrapped his half-eaten bodies in Winnie the Pooh and heart stickers.

This logic makes no sense to me... But, guess that's why I'm not a lawyer...

No one is talking about Casey or anyone else "getting off".

If true, this is obviously a crushing blow to the prosecutors and their murder one charge. Clearly, it works against prosecutors' claims of a killing that included malice aforethought.

Assuming it is true, it's self explanatory to as why prosecutors kept this key evidence secret until now.

The heart stickers take away malice aforethought...lol..gotcha.:rolleyes:

It would be nigh impossible for prosecutors to rationally reconcile and prove malice aforethought given the alleged evidence; i.e., heart shaped sticker, Winnie the Pooh et al.

Not so fast: Casey has never even admitted to knowing what happened to Caylee. She's continued with the storyline that she "dropped Caylee off with the nanny and then never saw her again." Which means that the only way to logically get to the argument you want to jockey down the field is for Casey to admit she knows what happened to Caylee - that she did love her, that it was an accident, etc. - and she can't very well do that now, months and months later. No juror will ever believe a word of that rationale since it only comes at this juncture in the murder investigation.

Not to mention the fact that even planned, intentional killings sometimes go awry, meaning that evidence/things can become a part of the murder/murder scene even if the killer never intended them to be. Since Casey doesn't appear to possess too much maturity or intelligence, I can easily see this happening in regards to her plan re: murdering her daughter Caylee.

I was under the belief, and perhaps wrongly, that premeditation doesn't mean that a week and a half ago you think about duct taping someone's mouth but can be a split-second decision, i.e., I'm going to duct tape her mouth and then, I'm going to miss you Caylee, here's a heart sticker for your duct-taped mouth. Definitely malice and a wee bit of forethought...

Not sure. Maybe a classic "Love you!" sign off? KC flings around the words, "I love you!" to lots of people casually (remember the first jail call when she used them to shut up her friend's pleas about Caylee?) There's no actual meaning behind them. To her those three words are just something you say when you hang up a phone (or in this case, ditch your child's body).

And if she was being so "loving" with the Winnie and heart sticker, then why wasn't Caylee's most cherished thing - her doll - in the laundry bag too? That doll would've been the ultimate comfort to Caylee's body and soul.

Yeah, the "I love you's" flow whenever she makes a verbal slip. I guess the sticker hearts were the best she could do.

She may have kept the doll and put it in the carseat. Psychopaths usually keep something from their victim to be close or make it a part of them. Some even ingest a belonging also.

If it is a statement, what was it? I have already posted 3 possible, above.

I do think this was to "silence her"
Someone else thought that perhaps she was crying for her grandmother and I believe she probably was and that ticked Casey off. Almost that theory
"I brought you into this world, and I can take you out". type of thing, in her own sick "motherly way"...thank god she did not go on to kill anymore innocent babies...can just see her hooking up with a guy that had kids...
That is JMO. I think she is a true sociopath, and no matter what, she just will never take responsiblity for the fact that she killer her own daughter. Even if she did think it was best for both of them...I do not however believe for one moment she had Caylee's best interest as her priority.
I cannot remember a time when I have completely despised someone I have never met, this much.

Good luck on spinning how a heart shaped sticker and Winnie the Pooh represents malice aforethought.

(sheesh)

Easily - it will be presented/argued by the SA in the same vein as Casey getting her beautiful life tattoo - it's a memorialization by the mother after she's killed her child. Casey decided to bury mementos with Caylee. (Sick, I know, but the mental issues re: why a mother kills her child are beyond my area of expertise.)

Knowing you, Wudge, I'm sure you can conjure up a long list of mothers who've killed their child(ren) and then, at some point in time, either concurrently with the murder or thereafter, done something to memorialize their child(ren) after killing them.

The real key to the SA's argument though will be Casey's failure to report what happened to Caylee, together with the fact that the person who reported her missing was her grandmother, Cindy, all of which completely undercuts any defense argument that Caylee's death was anything other than premeditated.

NG is going to go completely bonkers tonight.

I hope somebody puts tonights NG on youtube! I love it when NG is bonkers. Of course, she'll probably have to upchuck before going on air.

This is unbelievably vile. :furious: Poor little Caylee.

Does anyone know if the sticker was on the sticky side (underside) of the tape, or on top of the tape? I was just wondering, because if it was on the outside, which is where I imagine it was, then how did it stay stuck while little Caylee's body was submerged under water.

It didn't. You're right - the sticker itself (the paper portion) came unattached but, as I interpret the news reports, was found at the scene. The duct tape had the gummy/sticky residue still on it and the gummy/sticky residue was in the distinct shape of a heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties