Casey is charged with ACCORDING to the Grand Jury Indictment

Capital first degree murder
Aggravated Child Abuse, Aggravated Manslaughter
4 counts of providing false information to LE

Casey is charged with ACCORDING to the Grand Jury Indictment

Capital first degree murder
Aggravated Child Abuse, Aggravated Manslaughter

No. Homicide is not synomous with murder. Not all killings are unlawful.

HTH
Homicide is the act of causing the death of a human being. There are degrees and maybe you are referring to that. Casey is being charged with first degree murder. Caylee's death has been determined to be homicide.
In that she died unlawfully. There is no justification for her death that the state or medical examiner can determine. If there were than the perp should state because w/o that statement, it is assumed and rightly so that her death was intentional.

1. This isn't war and Caylee wasn't on a battlefield.
2. Caylee wasn't sentenced to death by a court of Law.
3. No evidence perp killed Caylee in self-defense
4. No evidence of assisted suicide.

Caylee's death was unlawful according to the evidence.

Hearts and Winnie the Pooh do not represent malice.

HTH

It took me a good 15 minutes to settle my stomach after reading this discovery. Duct tape and stickers over the mouth, applied before or after death, to me = sadism.

Wudge, while I appreciate your knowledge of the legal system, specifically trials, you cannot remove the human element from jurors. This is why SP was found guilty, and why OJ was found innocent.

Agreed, this evidence, standing alone, does not show premeditation, but we need to see it in context with all other findings before we can come to a learned conclusion.

I think it could be a fatal blow to the defence. They are going to have to come up with some theory as to what took place if they stand any chance of finding that one juror with reasonable doubt. In this horrendous case, they cannot rely on just picking forensics apart. It just isn't gonna fly.

This is bringing tears to my eyes. I just cannot fathom what sort of a sick individual kills a baby and decorates the body with heart stickers.

me also, I wonder if this was before or after death that she 'played' with Caylee so gruesome???? KC is so evil.....................and listening to the tapes and knowing what we know........makes it worse.......now to see where all the family plays into this!

I would think Chez, that a perfect residue shape would mean that their were no shifts in the movement of the sticker which I believe would indicate post mortem. If Baez can talk KC into it, he better start moving to a psychotic episode brought on by stress. That's is the only hope of a defense at this point. The items from the home are very, very bad for his case.

That will not fly.

From all accounts, KC was not displaying signs of a psychotic episode around June 15-16th. Nor does there appear to be anything supporting previous episodes in any witness statement. As well, when CA reviewed the questionnaire with the FBI during her interview, she stated that there were no known mental health issues with KC, and she did not feel that KC suffered from mental illness.

If KC was sufering from a psychotic episode, it would have been very clearly evident to anyone she encountered.

Grand Jury indictment

Capital First Degree Murder
Aggravated Child Abuse and Aggravated Mnslaughter of a child

This is bringing tears to my eyes. I just cannot fathom what sort of a sick individual kills a baby and decorates the body with heart stickers.

me also, I wonder if this was before or after death that she 'played' with Caylee so gruesome???? KC is so evil.....................and listening to the tapes and knowing what we know........makes it worse.......now to see where all the family plays into this!:eek:

Grand Jury indictment

Capital First Degree Murder
Aggravated Child Abuse and Aggravated Mnslaughter of a child

Well after the zillion times my post posted - seems we had a HUGE hiccup we NOW know for sure what Casey is charged with

Sorry about the mulitple posts - guess the site is having problems again

This has probably been mentioned.. A WS poster noticed what they thought looked like a red heart on one of the pavers in the video with DC. Has anyone revisited that video? Could there be a connection there?

Casey is charged with, among other things:

First degree murder (specifies premeditation)
Aggravated child abuse
Aggravated manslaughter of a child

I'm no lawyer, but if I were on the jury, it sounds to me like the aggravated child abuse is the qualifying factor for first degree murder. If presented with what we have seen so far, I would see this particular piece of evidence as the duct tape being premeditation and forethough, with the heart sticker as an afterthought and feeling of guilt by KC. The Winnie the Pooh blanket proves only one thing to me. KC is a lazy biotch, and that's what was there at the time. It does not, to me as someone who would potentially be on a jury of her peers, provide any excuse for the forethought of a child who has endured her mouth being taped up with duct tape.

I'm not sure how many of you have endured any kind of hazing or harassment, but as someone who has been through a bunch of not-so-much-fun hazing/harassment when I got to my first submarine, I can tell you that duct tape is not fun. One of the things that used to happen to nearly everyone who reported for duty on a submarine, at least back when I was in, was a thorough "taping" job by the rest of your division. It took 10 guys and 12 rolls of duct tape, and one guy with a polaroid (I still have the photo around here somewhere!) to tape me up...and duct tape is terrible to remove. It takes skin and hair with it, no matter how carefully you try to remove it. I imagine I lost a great deal of DNA that day on that tape! Of course, they did put a sign on me that said "Do not open until Xmas!" so no one would help me out, and they were kind enough to tape a box cutter (closed) into my mummified hand so I could try to cut myself out (unsuccessfully!).

I can't imagine using duct tape on a child's mouth, and any sane individual on a jury will not be able to help but to imagine the terror in the little girl as her mother applied that tape to her mouth. The heart over the tape just tells me that KC is a cruel .

The heart sticker has me in tears. OMG.

Me too -- I'm so sad for this baby. May she rest in peace and may KC rot in hell! How could she be so callous with her own daughter? How?

I thought it was awful that she duct taped her mouth, but to put a sticker on top of the duct tape is worse. Its like KC was playing some sort of game with this murder.

I pray Caylee didn't know and that she was not terrified.

Man -

Salem

It was almost like KC was trying to say good-bye, I love you, in a very strange sort of way.
Sounds just like Patsy Ramsey drawing the little heart on JonBenet's palm!:furious::behindbar:behindbar:behindbar

Well after the zillion times my post posted - seems we had a HUGE hiccup we NOW know for sure what Casey is charged with

Sorry about the mulitple posts - guess the site is having problems again

You know, you can go back and delete all the copies.
Lanie
(I had one post come up twice, and 3 posts completely lost. :rolleyes:)

I don't believe we will ever know for certain what happened - I think KC is going to ride into the sunset with this kidnapping story.
When she said to Lee, "we'll see her again and she'll be just as was" was almost a clear admission imo, that she knew that baby was dead, knew that she was decayed and had convinced herself that they would all see her in heaven. This heart sticker is sickening, but it really doesn't surprise me - she hasn't had one appropriate response to anything since this whole tragey began.

~Bolded by always~

ITA- Jose will insult the jury with "the nanny did this" line of carp.

<where is the throwing up smiley when I need it>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member