TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That would certainly incapacitate her but I don't know that I could lift 150lbs by myself into a trunk.

I was your average single mom with no help around to move heavy items. I managed just fine. I moved couches, dressers and tv's up and down stairs. You learn to make the items weight and gravity work for you. I have used wheelbarrows, suitcases on wheels, and blankets to move things inside my house, that the average person would not think of. My daughter, a 98 lb lifeguard, could pull an adult male out of a pool. If there is a will there is a way to move bodies. Especially if LWOP or the death penalty is your motivation.

”Taking off,” requires the means to do so. It also opens the door to a lot of questions.

I think she wanted a baby, and she felt that if she killed the mother and stole it, she could pass it off as her own without too many questions.

Who knows though. This lady atleast visually, appears to have some sort of a substance abuse problem. There’s no way of knowing her thought process.

Makes sense, except it would probably have been easier to get away with abducting a baby than killing a mother AND abducting a baby...

This lady atleast visually, appears to have some sort of a substance abuse problem. There’s no way of knowing her thought process.
Yes, and it's not just her looks that lend one to believe a substance abuse problem. Her lifestyle (all the traffic violations, theft)...

Right, that's what I am trying to wrap my head around, but I am spinning in circles. The alarm bells - and how she would manage them, potentially.
I should probably just accept that there is no way I am going to understand any of this.
There are elements of both high-level premeditation/planning (fake pregnancy) and total disorganization (failure to conceal a body) here.

Just think of what we've learned today! As what really happened unfolds and is revealed we're going to just as shocked as we were with what Chris Watts did to his family, what Patrick Frazee did to name a recent couple...some people hide their insanity so well and I think this chick is just like them.

Here's a question for long-term sleuthers:

Why didn't she plan a way to abduct the baby, take off somewhere and raise it on her own - WITHOUT killing Heidi? Surely if they had the same circle of friends, people were going to see the baby anyway - unless she moved.

The killing doesn't make sense to me. Was it always the plan, I wonder? Or did things not go according to her bizarre plans?

Just wondering about ideas - of course, we don't know the answer yet.

ETA: I just realized that having her leave her purse, etc., points to probably intending to kill her. However, it seems they could have taken the baby some other way.

Because a mother never stops looking for her baby

Why didn't she plan a way to abduct the baby, take off somewhere and raise it on her own - WITHOUT killing Heidi? Surely if they had the same circle of friends, people were going to see the baby anyway - unless she moved.

The killing doesn't make sense to me. Was it always the plan, I wonder? Or did things not go according to her bizarre plans?

ETA: I just realized that having her leave her purse, etc., points to probably intending to kill her. However, it seems they could have taken the baby some other way.

That is a solid question, right there.

Heidi clearly loved and trusted her. She could have said 'hey, let me give you a break. Bring Margo over, I'll watch her for a few and you can have a nap, or go for a coffee, or whatever. And then run.

I guess... that would look too fishy or something. And Heidi would of course call the police and give them her name. Much better to just murder her. Ugh.

The thought that someone you know can do this to you is the kind of thing that makes you never want to leave your house. :(
It’s no different than a spouse or other family member doing it.

There are more people capable of these type of actions than anyone would want to believe. Sometimes it just takes a certain set of circumstances and someone snaps.

If the suspect is indeed a sociopath, imo she wouldn’t have thought this through very well. Their strength seems to be living in the moment, their evil is lack of empathy, and their weakness is not foreseeing the consequences of their actions. Therefore, this plot didn’t have to make sense logistically.

But setting that aside, where would she have gone with a newborn to start a new life? And how would she have been able to do that if she didn’t have a lot of independent wealth? And wouldn’t she have gotten tracked down? And is that something her partner would have wanted to do? I think not. I doubt she wanted a baby for love, but to cement her position in life or something.

And back to the possible sociopathic characteristics, they don’t seem to enjoy being inconvenienced, as a life on the lam with a newborn would probably mean, and they do seem to see people as disposable. So it makes sense to me when I consider how these brains seem to calculate things, that she would want to just get rid of the mother.

It just seems like she must have had a fairly 'fool-proof' plan for dealing with MF in broad daylight because how was she to know things would go according to script?
But why am I even trying to figure it out? What remains is the HUGE vacancy she left and the betrayal the family will likely never recover from.

Since the grandparents have the 6-y-o son and they are having trouble making ends meet (even buying clothes for him - and it's just before the holidays!) - I hope the word gets out that the best friends of the grandparents (Heidi's parents) set up an emergency fundraiser for the family. They had NO INSURANCE on her, AFAIK, either.

Broussard family Personal Emergency Fundraiser

HB parents don't use FB, and it sounds like they share a phone between the 2 of them. They aren't folks with much money to handle what is happening to them now.

HB father works every day. If he doesn't work, he doesn't make money -- and he has no benefits.

They have very little cash, no clothes for Silas (guess they can't access apt)... and will need food for him as well.

Sounds like a stressful situation on top of the tremendous grief of losing a child - unimaginable grief.

They will need a lawyer too - no money for that.

Please, share the link above?

Last edited:

In my opinion because she knew her. Had it been a stranger abduction, there's a chance they wouldn't find a person Heidi described during a terrifying encounter. But your BFF - no chance you're not giving LE her info if she takes your baby.

If MF showed up without an infant, wouldn't she be asked "where is your new baby, and can we see her?"
If MF showed up with an infant, wouldn't LE look long and hard at the face?
Well, of you have been paying attention, MF played the pregnant role. She even was apparently pregnant when She was with HR at her delivery.
If LE went to MF house to interview her, she already had others believing she was too, indeed expecting around the same time.
And maybe Le did ask to see baby. Can they take baby with out proof? No. Maybe they had child services check on baby Luna since maybe MF claimed she birthed at home.
Now the red flags were up as they have already been.
hence the search warrant according to news twitter last night.
One scenario.
LE cant just knock on the door, ask to seee baby and decide for theveselves if the baby is hers or not, make a judgement call themselves and take the baby.
LE also cannot come in the house without SW unless invited in.
Catch my drift?

Attachments

• 33512DE3-5C71-4C98-80BB-4B269DAF90DF.jpeg
    33512DE3-5C71-4C98-80BB-4B269DAF90DF.jpeg
    32.7 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online