TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering why they had to get search warrants. Did the Home owner not allow them to search there? If not why not?
Just curious. Some questions about search warrant consent for our lawyers (and others in the know):

1) Can a landlord provide consent to search a property leased by a tenant?

2). If multiple people are on a deed, does LE need to get consent from every owner, or just one?

Just guessing from the perp's mugshot ... a very focused and determined woman , and not in a good way.
Was she insanely jealous ?

i recall Investigative ID did a series of besties, where one of them winds up killing
the other--often they grew up together-- but it turns out that jea!ousy was involved for one reason or another--one episode i recall there was jealousy because one of the besties had a baby resulting in jealousy by the other bestie----another one i recall was one of the besties had a baby but she felt her friend was critical of how she was raising the child--rage was building and she murdered her best friend--so i think jealousy might have been a factor in this case

I know trying to visualize, how does one walk out of their house with their child, then end up in a trunk deceased in broad day light..

If MF strangled H in her apartment, how could she get her into the trunk, that would be on video somewhere? Then MF carries a dead body to her car, no way she could do that?? Then puts H in a trunk in broad daylight, straps the baby in...

I'm very curious as to how this could have happened, during the day..

The abduction looked very quick, whichever scenario...something got H out of her house, leaving the door ajar, with Margot in at least a seat...
I’m really curious to learn when HB died. The fact that she was transferred to a second vehicle in Houston, found outside MF’s home and we’ve seen no reports anyone was alerted by the smell of decomposition makes me wonder if HB was actually alive but captive for a few days. I hope not—the horror would be unimaginable.

Yup, much like Kenzie Lueck getting into the car in SLC. Immediately disabled/phone turned off... :/
Maybe that’s why that case came to mind when the house in Houston was surrounded. I thought of Kenzie. Especially because the car (trunk) was backed up against the yard fence.
And then there was Chris Watts with his truck (backed) up to his garage.
Scott Peterson with his secret boat storage unit and his anchors.
I’m so grateful they at least recovered HB before something (else)was done with her.

Transcript of Tim Miller interview:

Tim Miller: The family called us first and then I called and talked to the detectives up in Austin and we talked several times with detectives, and they said we just don't have anything yet on the investigation, it's narrowing this thing down to an area that we think we need to search. And he asked me, said have you found any areas? And I said, well, I did but I don't know if they make any sense. I said, I rode around with Shane for a long time. I you know I spent a good part of the day with him and you know we hate to go up there and spend a lot of money and burn up a bunch of resources with just shooting a arrow in the sky wherever it comes down, that's where we start. So we stayed in close touch, I talked to Shane almost every day. Shane's frustrated at best...

Reporter: He took a lot of heat.

Tim Miller: He took a lot of heat, and Shane would call me and say man they brought me and they polygraphed me, they kept me seven and a half hours and stuff, and he got upset with them, he called them some names that we can't say, and he said if I had anything do with this, squeeze it out of me. How come they can't squeeze it out of me? And you know, and Shane was questionable in my mind. He was. And his stories weren't just quite as consistent as I thought, but I got to remember, I went through that my own self, and in a very beginning, there's a lot of different things going through your head, so I understand it. Now. Now I understand. But then you know another friend gave me some friends of Heidi's and says why don't you call them, so my first call was to Magen. And she answered the phone, and I told her who I was, and she said yeah I've seen you on TV so many times and just thank you for helping find my friend, and I said well Magen, I said what's your heart telling you on this. And she's like, Shane did it. She says I was there 10 years ago when they met, I told Heidi stay away from this guy, he's trouble relationships on and off, there's been a lot of abuse going on, Shane keeps saying well that baby's not even mine and stuff, she called me back in May and said that her and Shane had a terrible fight, and and and she just went on and on and on and to the point that literally 45 minutes later, I said Magen, listen, I got it I got to go I'm getting a call on the other line. And said Mr. Miller thank you for what you're doing, she says I'm going to keep talking to people and everything if I come up with anything, is it okay if I call you? And I said Magen please do. Please call me. And I mean looking back at that conversation on Sunday to now, there was not one single indication that I would ever believe she had anything to do with it. So you know and she's at the hospital with Heidi when she has the baby, here she is after Heidi gets out at the house helping and everything, and supposedly the best friend. So

Reporter: Not just friend, best friend.

Tim Miller: They were best friends, yeah. She had like three really really close friends and and Magen was right there.

Reporter: When the baby was born.

Tim Miller: When the baby was born.

Reporter: We heard she went to baby appointments ...

Tim Miller: Oh yes. She did everything. Best friend.

Reporter: Have you seen these baby registries in her name?

Tim Miller: Uh well some people told me about some things out there, and you know, and and me of course there's rumors going around that Magen's boyfriend was wanting to break up with her, so she told him and she was pregnant, and you know, but anybody can speculate, and and I think everybody did a lot of speculation during that period of time and Magen never came in the mix, so...

Reporter: Did she, was she forthcoming about maybe the last time she saw her?

Tim Miller: Well I asked I said now have you talked to detectives? And Magen said yeah they they called me because you know it looks like maybe I was the last one to talk to her, and we talked that morning prolly around 8:30, because she uh was having problems breastfeeding. And I said but you didn't tell them about all this other stuff you're telling me? And she said no they didn't ask me about anything, they just asked me what our last conversation was like. And I said Magen don't you think maybe you need to call them, uh I said it sounds like maybe there's some information about Shane and that relationship that they really need to know, and you being a best friend, it couldn't come from anybody better. So uh she certainly had me convinced, that uh I just cried on the phone. So then last night when we was up there at the house I started thinking about it, yeah when she was talking to me on the phone she may had the phone in one hand and the baby in the other, and Heidi in the back, so I I don't I don't know.

Reporter: Your conversation with her was Sunday.

Tim Miller: Sunday, Sunday afternoon, probably 3:30,4:00.

Reporter: And you called her and she picked up, right?

Tim Miller: Yeah, she picked up immediately.

Reporter: And her conversation with Heidi was, you said, 8:30 the morning ...

Tim Miller: 8:30 the morning she disappeared. So now it appears as though she was probably in Austin when when that happened, I don't know, I mean, certainly that's up to the detectives now to make sure get phone records and different things...

Reporter: She told you she talked to detectives? They called her.

Tim Miller: She talked to detectives. They asked one question when was last time you talked to her? You know, what was her mood? What she talked about, well, she's having problems breastfeeding. I said, nothing else? No, that was it. She was in a good mood, just having problems breastfeeding.

Reporter: Did you know at the time, or have you learned, that Magen has different aliases? That she seems to move around a lot...

Tim Miller: Yeah, I I have heard that, I really haven't looked into it. We've been busy, and you know, again it falls into the speculation and rumor stuff and everything, but there's got to be a reason for that, doesn't there.

Omg omg omg! I’m just seeing this video! Holy Moly!!! If you haven’t seen it you HAVE to watch it. It’s about 6 minutes of Tim Miller talking. This was posted by @Gardenista at the end of the last thread (thank you!), wanted to make sure everyone has seen this! Checking the media thread to see if there’s a transcript-if not we need one! :eek: Wow just wow. I literally gasped a few times!

Last edited:
I know trying to visualize, how does one walk out of their house with their child, then end up in a trunk deceased in broad day light..

If MF strangled H in her apartment, how could she get her into the trunk, that would be on video somewhere? Then MF carries a dead body to her car, no way she could do that?? Then puts H in a trunk in broad daylight, straps the baby in...

I'm very curious as to how this could have happened, during the day..

The abduction looked very quick, whichever scenario...something got H out of her house, leaving the door ajar, with Margot in at least a seat...
Yeah, no matter what, Heidi left her apartment alive. I think her murder happened in the vehicle, and likely after they arrived in Houston. I think there’s a decent chance Heidi’s DNA will be found in the steering wheel, because she was forced to drive.

There’s a lot of possibilities, but MF didn’t carry Heidi’s body from the apartment, and put it in the vehicle in broad daylight. No way.

ETA: I forgot there were likely two vehicles here (black suv and that Nissan), so scratch the murder in the vehicle thing.

Per Tim Miller interview linked in previous posts, LE seems to have told her she was last to speak to her. (Though obviously she already knew that).
MF told Tim LE told her she was the last to talk to HB. IMO that means nothing. She also told Tom she just gave birth to her own child.

I’m really curious to learn when HB died. The fact that she was transferred to a second vehicle in Houston, found outside MF’s home and we’ve seen no reports anyone was alerted by the smell of decomposition makes me wonder if HB was actually alive but captive for a few days. I hope not—the horror would be unimaginable.

I know..Heidi trapped somewhere, hearing her baby screaming for her, I think LE knows ... but we don't yet, but will. It's unfortunate - we start out here holding out all hope always the victims will be found, safe .. then you think I hope they died quickly and were not tortured.

i recall Investigative ID did a series of besties, where one of them winds up killing
the other--often they grew up together-- but it turns out that jea!ousy was involved for one reason or another--one episode i recall there was jealousy because one of the besties had a baby resulting in jealousy by the other bestie----another one i recall was one of the besties had a baby but she felt her friend was critical of how she was raising the child--rage was building and she murdered her best friend--so i think jealousy might have been a factor in this case

I do too. Even that MF told Tim M she was opposed to Heidi's relationship with SC ten years ago! Did she look at it as “losing a bestie” rather than feeling good her friend had found someone? I think MF coveted Heidi’s life.
Moo
Could be she didn’t so much want a baby as she wanted Heidi, Heidi's time and attention. Was MF afraid Heidi would have no time for her with a newborn? Moo

Last edited:
G
Interesting - I've never seen that here on a property tax record. It's not on mine. Listing prices are on places like realtor.com, but they never say what they sell for. Or on the houses I've looked at the history on, there's no number next to sold.
Maybe go to county records and do a deed search. It’s possible in TX (and other states) lien holders are recorded there. There has to be someplace where mortgages are recorded or anyone could sell their mortgaged house and flee w/full proceeds of sale.

Yeah, no matter what, Heidi left her apartment alive. I think her murder happened in the vehicle, and likely after they arrived in Houston. I think there’s a decent chance Heidi’s DNA will be found in the steering wheel, because she was forced to drive.

There’s a lot of possibilities, but MF didn’t carry Heidi’s body from the apartment, and put it in the vehicle in broad daylight. No way.

What could she have done to Heidi to keep her in a vehicle all the way to Houston, with her door to her home open, without her purse, turning her cell phone off...knowing Heidi's son would have to be picked up...

You know, you are right, I wonder if she had Heidi driving and that is picked up on camera somewhere and MF had a weapon to Margot if H didn't drive...Lord...it gets worse with every scenario..

What could she have done to Heidi to keep her in a vehicle all the way to Houston, with her door to her home open, without her purse, turning her cell phone off...knowing Heidi's son would have to be picked up...

You know, you are right, I wonder if she had Heidi driving and that is picked up on camera somewhere and MF had a weapon to Margot if H didn't drive...Lord...it gets worse with every scenario..
I think something like a gun or knife. A gun to threaten Heidi, or a knife to threaten the baby. So many possibilities though.

I think she may very well have used some type of story re: her imaginary baby.
It fits.
MF was there in the delivery room when HB gave birth to MC, so it just makes sense that HB would have been expecting to be there for her friend, and by friend here, I mean, cold-blooded killer.

MF is incredibly manipulative, as evidenced by her words and actions.
She would also have known what chords to strike to get HB to go along w/ her...she's been her friend for 20 years, had plenty of time to study and learn her vulnerabilities.
She knew exactly what type of bait she'd need to use to lure her prey.

MF-er (Mommy Faker) is a malevolent, evil sociopath.

This is going to be a death penalty case, Travis County or no Travis County.

Calling it now.

JMO.
On DP, if MF-er is convicted I support your view of this being a DP case or at least a case that generates a lot of discussion in Austin about criteria for DA support of DP cases.

From the prior articles posted about Austin politics, I'm not sure the political will exists for a DP case no matter what the circumstances. I hope I am wrong on this!

I also wonder if Federal charges might be brought against MF-er and whether this might change the eventual trial dynamics?

Transcript of Tim Miller interview:

Tim Miller: The family called us first and then I called and talked to the detectives up in Austin and we talked several times with detectives, and they said we just don't have anything yet on the investigation, it's narrowing this thing down to an area that we think we need to search. And he asked me, said have you found any areas? And I said, well, I did but I don't know if they make any sense. I said, I rode around with Shane for a long time. I you know I spent a good part of the day with him and you know we hate to go up there and spend a lot of money and burn up a bunch of resources with just shooting a arrow in the sky wherever it comes down, that's where we start. So we stayed in close touch, I talked to Shane almost every day. Shane's frustrated at best...

Reporter: He took a lot of heat.

Tim Miller: He took a lot of heat, and Shane would call me and say man they brought me and they polygraphed me, they kept me seven and a half hours and stuff, and he got upset with them, he called them some names that we can't say, and he said if I had anything do with this, squeeze it out of me. How come they can't squeeze it out of me? And you know, and Shane was questionable in my mind. He was. And his stories weren't just quite as consistent as I thought, but I got to remember, I went through that my own self, and in a very beginning, there's a lot of different things going through your head, so I understand it. Now. Now I understand. But then you know another friend gave me some friends of Heidi's and says why don't you call them, so my first call was to Magen. And she answered the phone, and I told her who I was, and she said yeah I've seen you on TV so many times and just thank you for helping find my friend, and I said well Magen, I said what's your heart telling you on this. And she's like, Shane did it. She says I was there 10 years ago when they met, I told Heidi stay away from this guy, he's trouble relationships on and off, there's been a lot of abuse going on, Shane keeps saying well that baby's not even mine and stuff, she called me back in May and said that her and Shane had a terrible fight, and and and she just went on and on and on and to the point that literally 45 minutes later, I said Magen, listen, I got it I got to go I'm getting a call on the other line. And said Mr. Miller thank you for what you're doing, she says I'm going to keep talking to people and everything if I come up with anything, is it okay if I call you? And I said Magen please do. Please call me. And I mean looking back at that conversation on Sunday to now, there was not one single indication that I would ever believe she had anything to do with it. So you know and she's at the hospital with Heidi when she has the baby, here she is after Heidi gets out at the house helping and everything, and supposedly the best friend. So

Reporter: Not just friend, best friend.

Tim Miller: They were best friends, yeah. She had like three really really close friends and and Magen was right there.

Reporter: When the baby was born.

Tim Miller: When the baby was born.

Reporter: We heard she went to baby appointments ...

Tim Miller: Oh yes. She did everything. Best friend.

Reporter: Have you seen these baby registries in her name?

Tim Miller: Uh well some people told me about some things out there, and you know, and and me of course there's rumors going around that Magen's boyfriend was wanting to break up with her, so she told him and she was pregnant, and you know, but anybody can speculate, and and I think everybody did a lot of speculation during that period of time and Magen never came in the mix, so...

Reporter: Did she, was she forthcoming about maybe the last time she saw her?

Tim Miller: Well I asked I said now have you talked to detectives? And Magen said yeah they they called me because you know it looks like maybe I was the last one to talk to her, and we talked that morning prolly around 8:30, because she uh was having problems breastfeeding. And I said but you didn't tell them about all this other stuff you're telling me? And she said no they didn't ask me about anything, they just asked me what our last conversation was like. And I said Magen don't you think maybe you need to call them, uh I said it sounds like maybe there's some information about Shane and that relationship that they really need to know, and you being a best friend, it couldn't come from anybody better. So uh she certainly had me convinced, that uh I just cried on the phone. So then last night when we was up there at the house I started thinking about it, yeah when she was talking to me on the phone she may had the phone in one hand and the baby in the other, and Heidi in the back, so I I don't I don't know.

Reporter: Your conversation with her was Sunday.

Tim Miller: Sunday, Sunday afternoon, probably 3:30,4:00.

Reporter: And you called her and she picked up, right?

Tim Miller: Yeah, she picked up immediately.

Reporter: And her conversation with Heidi was, you said, 8:30 the morning ...

Tim Miller: 8:30 the morning she disappeared. So now it appears as though she was probably in Austin when when that happened, I don't know, I mean, certainly that's up to the detectives now to make sure get phone records and different things...

Reporter: She told you she talked to detectives? They called her.

Tim Miller: She talked to detectives. They asked one question when was last time you talked to her? You know, what was her mood? What she talked about, well, she's having problems breastfeeding. I said, nothing else? No, that was it. She was in a good mood, just having problems breastfeeding.

Reporter: Did you know at the time, or have you learned, that Magen has different aliases? That she seems to move around a lot...

Tim Miller: Yeah, I I have heard that, I really haven't looked into it. We've been busy, and you know, again it falls into the speculation and rumor stuff and everything, but there's got to be a reason for that, doesn't there.

You get ALL my candy canes! Thank you for doing this :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member