TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wonder why CPS was called.

I mean, they took the baby immediately to the hospital. That makes me think she was not in the best shape...perhaps lethargic, not being fed often enough?

It had to be a pretty concerning reason to get CPS involved, and I don’t think it’s standard procedure to rush a baby to a hospital unless the allegations are severe or the baby is clearly malnourished or injured.

She clearly wasn’t fit to take care of a baby, and after what she did she might’ve simply neglected the baby’s needs because she was so stressed about getting caught. Babies are very demanding. It doesn’t get much worse than what MF did so I guess it’s no surprise she was unequipped to properly care for this baby she had apparently wanted so bad. So very disturbing.

I’m so glad Margo is safe now and being taken care of properly.

So, HB went willingly into the car with MF.

I wonder, did she fasten the baby in the car seat, if there was one in back? If so, did she sit in back with Margo because she might’ve been fussy or anything? Or did she simply enter the passenger side of the car with Margo in her arms, thinking they weren’t going anywhere?

If it’s the latter, it would be easier to get HB where she wanted to take her. It’s not like HB was gonna physically fight MF with the baby in her arms, nor would she try to jump out of the car with a baby while it’s moving.

Curious how long after HB got into the car until the car drove away? Was there time enough to sip enough of a laced drink to incapacitate her before leaving?

I really want to know where MF told LE they went after learning she went willingly with MF. It must’ve been somewhat believable. She didn’t disclose that she went somewhere until after LE found out, right? If it was on camera that same camera should’ve captured that car dropping Heidi off, you’d think. Did LE suspect MF at all? Maybe the CPS call happened after they’d begun investigating, but you’d think they would’ve went straight to MF’s house to do that and they would’ve seen or heard a baby, and if she knew LE was suspicious seemed like she’d have been spooked or tried to hide the baby. Yet when CPS showed up MF didn’t attempt to hide the baby as she was there in her swing.

Sorry guys, for the stream of conscious posts but that happens when I drink Red Bull.
Maybe LE knew along, but MF didn't go home for a few days and they didn't know where she was. That is why they kept their cards so close because they were hoping nothing bad would happen to HB and baby.

Are there any mamas in here who can give me insight into a birth center? I’ve seen it mentioned a few times that MF told people she gave birth to “Luna” in a birth center, and it is mentioned as though it might be some sort of shortcut to a hospital. What’s the deal? Is there less documentation there? Shorter stay? Cheaper? What’s the draw and difference from hospital labor?

Birth centres are different from hospitals. I'm Canadian, so I cannot speak to price, but the difference between birth centres and hospitals is that birth centres is that birth centres are equipped with a lot of hospital amenities (no epidurals though) but are less "intervention" prone than hospitals. They're sort of like a middle ground between having home birth and hospital birth. You would have a midwife at a birthing centre. Any birth that's attended by a midwife or obstetrician would be registered as they are required to do a declaration, so the paperwork would be the same. As for the length of stay, it's really individual to a person's needs. Lots of birth centres will discharge within 24 hours, but so will a lot of hospitals now. There's nothing wrong with birth centres or anything shady that would make them more alluring than a hospital, honestly. She may have said birth centre because they're much smaller, so less chance of someone she knows knowing someone in the hospital that she "delivered" at.

I think it's mentioned in the way you've described above because the general population is super uneducated about birth and don't realize that it's a legitimate place to have a baby, just like a hospital or homebirth are.

(Sorry for the novel)

I’m really only alarmed by the change in her eyes over the years - which very much appears to me to be consistent with alcohol abuse, drug abuse, and high stress. Her weight and hair can be explained so many ways, but the eyes are... odd. JMO
Are those all really pictures of MF? She got her teeth done. She is a changeling. Someone said she was empty above. I believe it. Empty people will change a lot as they absorb their persona from others through time. JMO.

Even with the planning do you go from NEVER having committed a violent crime to expertly incapacitating your best friend, kidnapping her and a child, strangling her and leaving her in your trunk? Even Israel Keyes didn’t start out with what he considered a successful first attack. It really makes me wonder about an accomplice. If not, it’s hard for me to get my mind around your first violent crime being so heinous and involved, regardless of the planning.

This haunts me as well.

Ooh. Yes. I did not think of that. Diabolical. But it makes sense that she would be trying to find an expectant mother looking for a crib. I bet you are right. And I bet she never even had a crib. Why would she?

Yes, and going by the date of the ad, it was about 2 months before Heidi would have become pregnant, which kinda played into MF's hands (if that's what the ad was really about).

I think taking any kidnapped child and especially a newborn directly to the hospital for a checkup is standard procedure and nothing to be alarmed about. :) . That would also be where they would do the DNA testing?

Sorry, I had the facts mixed up. I thought the baby was taken by CPS to the hospital, where police were called and it was discovered she was baby Margo. I didn’t realize they went there and found her while investigating.

Birth centres are different from hospitals. I'm Canadian, so I cannot speak to price, but the difference between birth centres and hospitals is that birth centres is that birth centres are equipped with a lot of hospital amenities (no epidurals though) but are less "intervention" prone than hospitals. They're sort of like a middle ground between having home birth and hospital birth. You would have a midwife at a birthing centre. Any birth that's attended by a midwife or obstetrician would be registered as they are required to do a declaration, so the paperwork would be the same. As for the length of stay, it's really individual to a person's needs. Lots of birth centres will discharge within 24 hours, but so will a lot of hospitals now. There's nothing wrong with birth centres or anything shady that would make them more alluring than a hospital, honestly. She may have said birth centre because they're much smaller, so less chance of someone she knows knowing someone in the hospital that she "delivered" at.

I think it's mentioned in the way you've described above because the general population is super uneducated about birth and don't realize that it's a legitimate place to have a baby, just like a hospital or homebirth are.

(Sorry for the novel)

Oh my goodness, this is such a good post and so helpful! What good information!! Thank you!! I did not mean to make it sound as though a lesser or sketchy place to give birth; I’ve simply never heard of one (I have one kid who is barely a kid) and just didn’t know why the media seemed to lend credence to the idea that giving birth there made it excusable that her friends didn’t know about the baby, if that makes sense.

There is lots of research on mental illness and the eyes. You should google it. It makes for an interesting read.
In reading the posts about the eyes, I start to chuckle :) Reason being, I had a photo of myself that looked just like that! When we go to have our driver's license renewed, health card or passport, we're told, "look straight at the camera and don't smile." When my cards arrived, I laughed and when I showed them to me hubby he said, "Sweetheart, you look like a deer in headlights!" I cracked up because it was the truth. But, trust me, I'm not psychotic! I don't doubt she's deranged, but I am NOT, I swear :) Point being, we can't put too much emphasis on those mugshots. JMO
And, I don't have a thyroid problem or thin hair. Just so you know :p

I really wonder why CPS was called.

I mean, they took the baby immediately to the hospital. That makes me think she was not in the best shape...perhaps lethargic, not being fed often enough?

It had to be a pretty concerning reason to get CPS involved, and I don’t think it’s standard procedure to rush a baby to a hospital unless the allegations are severe or the baby is clearly malnourished or injured.

She clearly wasn’t fit to take care of a baby, and after what she did she might’ve simply neglected the baby’s needs because she was so stressed about getting caught. Babies are very demanding. It doesn’t get much worse than what MF did so I guess it’s no surprise she was unequipped to properly care for this baby she had apparently wanted so bad. So very disturbing.

I’m so glad Margo is safe now and being taken care of properly.
I think it's pretty standard protocol in a missing infant case like this, that when they fortunately found the child alive, they took to the hospital for a full medical examination. Even if she appeared in good condition. Also they could do the DNA test at the hospital as well to officially confirm that this was in fact Baby Margo. I think all that part is standard operating procedure for a case like this.

I don't think it's odd that CPS got involved. MF was taken into custody (and clearly NOT the mother), and no parent/guardian :( was there in Houston to protect or care for Margo.

Heidi Broussard's cause of death was ligature strangulation, death ruled a homicide | Daily Mail Online

Law enforcement said Fieramusca pretended to be pregnant herself at the same time as Broussard and even set a fake due date for December 1 and had a Target baby registry with a man named Christopher Green - who DailyMail.com can reveal is actually her landlord.

Neighbors of Fieramusca said she lived in the Houston home with Christopher Green, who owned the residence.

Green, who was named on Humphrey’s baby register, is actually her landlord, DailyMail.com can disclose.

Green, 33, has owned the home since 2015. He has not been charged in connection to the case.

Speaking outside her Houston home, his mother Christine Green, 54, said her son had been renting the property to Humphrey for two years.

She dismissed any notion that his relationship with Fieramusca was closer than landlord and tenant and claimed she 'had never paid rent'.

Asked if her son had been in a relationship with Fieramusca, who also went by Humphrey, she said: 'No, she lived there. That was it. She never paid the rent. She was there for two years and never paid a thing.'

However, Green bailed out Fieramusca out of jail in 2018 after she was arrested for theft for allegedly stealing money from an Ace Express check cashing business where she worked as assistant manager. The case was dismissed for lack of evidence.
Who the heck steals from a check cashing place - there are cameras pointing in every direction. Maybe this incident accounts for why she changed the spelling of her name - her record.

But a neighbour heard an argument, after 1 pm.
Possibly HB speaking to MF (on the phone), HB not pleased, to be quickly called away.
MOO.
JMO, but I think the argument the neighbor heard will turn out to be unrelated to this case. I suspect MF was long gone by then. Too risky to stick around for long, be seen by anyone really, or have SC come home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RockList