TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel so bad for baby Margo not being able to go home to her mother but I also feel it's so important to find out the truth about her father. She shouldn't be rushed to SC if there's any question of paternity. None of us should assume we know the truth about that at this point. The truth will come out and she will be placed where she rightfully belongs.

Exactly. We have absolutely no idea what is going on behind scenes.

There has been no indication of that.

(Great, thanks for the prompt response, that nips that one in the bud. :) I had to ask since it crossed my mind a few times and that’s sometimes the case in all those “movies”...)

(ETA: Like in “SWF” when Jennifer Jason Leigh dresses up like Bridget Fonda and sneaks in her boyfriend’s bed :eek: )

(ETA2: Even though there wasn’t a baby abduction in that movie)

(ETA3: But wasn’t Rebecca De Mornay obsessed with the husband in “The Hand That Rocks The Cradle”? I’ll have to check.)

(ETA4: Yes, according to google, she “seduces the husband”.)

(ETA5: Being that these are such important sources, you know)

Last edited:
can they hold her indefinitely on current charges w/o formal arraignment? Tysm

Nope. In Texas (Article 17.151) a person who is detained in jail pending trial of a felony-level offense must be released either on PR bond or by reducing the amount of bail if the state is not ready for trial within 90 days from the beginning of the defendant's detention. Then if they give her a capital murder charge, my understanding is they don't have to offer her bond at all.

That murder charge should be coming, but they're not going to do that until they're dead certain they can prosecute it.

Do you have a source for someone else being arrested.

And that HB's body was transferred?

Moo a while back the threads figured out the thoughts of another was arrested was due to LE not naming person arrested, and then a person appeared with same charges.

The way the article was written appeared to some that it was 2 people.

Threads agreed 2 days ago it was all one person. But it keeps coming up like a whack a mole.

This theory sounds solid to me except maybe Magen said I'm in Austin for work or visiting a friend can I stop by to talk...or text I'm in Austin I'll swing by then arrives...I'm in labor please help me I'm downstairs in the parking lot. If she received an urgent text she might have left in a hurry forgetting to bring her purse upstairs and not locking her apt door correctly.

Do we know if Magen claimed to have already given birth or was still pregnant at this time? Who was having trouble breastfeeding Heidi? Or Magen?

I was wondering this as well, is there a date listed as to when MF gave 'birth' and did Heidi know they both (cough) had newborns? I am so behind - apologize in advance if this is out there.

I also wondered why would Heidi ask MF of all people about breast-feeding, a woman without any children? And *IF* MF claimed she had 'her baby' I would hardly think a woman with one child and breast fed for all of a week or two is any BF expert that anyone would call needing advice ..

Last edited:
Has DCFS - Department of Child & Family Services made an official statement since Friday?

News reporters are more than likely regurgitating the last “official” statement- we are waiting on DNA confirmation etc etc - paraphrasing because I don’t exactly recall their official statement.

Texas CPS has left children to die in parental homes by being lax in their investigations.

Texas CPS has also left children removed from their homes to die in foster homes by being lax in their policies and ignoring abuse allegations from parents.

They are overwhelmed and understaffed to do the job they’re tasked with and children have suffered because of this.

I do hope baby Margo is being properly cared for in a safe and loving foster home until she’s reunited with her biological family.

I'm guessing she has no one in her life eager for her to be out. I wouldn’t even waste my dime accepting a collect call from her. Moo

That's true and reminds me there are so many more victims than I've focused on. I feel terrible for her family, too. I'm sure they feel horrible even being related to her; I would.

DEC 23, 2019
Heidi Broussard and the 'best friend' charged over her death are pictured at church camp | Daily Mail Online
Photographs of the 'best friend' charged in connection with Heidi Broussard's death and the strangled Texas mother as happy teenagers at the church camp where they met have emerged.

[…]

Authorities say Magen, who also goes by Megan Humphrey, pretended the baby was her own. She had been faking her own pregnancy throughout Heidi's, with the intention of stealing her baby once she'd given birth, they say.

22598310-7822227-image-m-35_1577121900324.jpg

Magen and Heidi in 2002 when they met at church camp

22598316-7822227-image-a-36_1577121992041.jpg

Magen and Heidi in a more recent photograph

22598330-7822227-image-m-41_1577122771354.jpg

Magen in a 2018 mugshot for her theft case

22598326-7822227-image-a-42_1577122775064.jpg

Magen's mugshot from last week

[…]

'I spent the summer of my life with those two,' she told DailyMail.com, adding that she comes from a 'wonderful family'.

[…]
Only making this comment because I think it may relate to a medical condition & potential fertility issues. What is wrong with her hair and could this relate to infertility? I don't know much about those issues, I got pregnant when hubs looked at me from across the room.

I think the photo when MF was blond was from 2014? So whatever the issue is, she's had it for a while?

Moo a while back the threads figured out the thoughts of another was arrested was due to LE not naming person arrested, and then a person appeared with same charges.

The way the article was written appeared to some that it was 2 people.

Threads agreed 2 days ago it was all one person. But it keeps coming up like a whack a mole.
"But it keeps coming up like a whack a mole"
LOL, indeed. I think it's just so hard for people to understand how MF could have pulled this off alone which is contributing to the misunderstanding. APD was clear in the PC on Dec 20 that to that point only one person had been arrested: "We do have one person that has been arrested and charged".

Given that she claimed her "pregnancy" the same time as Heidi's I think she hatched her plan then. "Landlord" was about to get her out. No apparent job, no place to live, likely Family relationships fractured over time. In her mind the perfect scenario. IMO

DEC 23, 2019
Heidi Broussard and the 'best friend' charged over her death are pictured at church camp | Daily Mail Online
Photographs of the 'best friend' charged in connection with Heidi Broussard's death and the strangled Texas mother as happy teenagers at the church camp where they met have emerged.

[…]

Authorities say Magen, who also goes by Megan Humphrey, pretended the baby was her own. She had been faking her own pregnancy throughout Heidi's, with the intention of stealing her baby once she'd given birth, they say.

22598310-7822227-image-m-35_1577121900324.jpg

Magen and Heidi in 2002 when they met at church camp

22598316-7822227-image-a-36_1577121992041.jpg

Magen and Heidi in a more recent photograph

22598330-7822227-image-m-41_1577122771354.jpg

Magen in a 2018 mugshot for her theft case

22598326-7822227-image-a-42_1577122775064.jpg

Magen's mugshot from last week

[…]

'I spent the summer of my life with those two,' she told DailyMail.com, adding that she comes from a 'wonderful family'.

[…]

You know, even in the church photo, MF looked like trouble if you look at her eyes close enough. IMHO she's on some sort of crack or meth, rotting her appearance. She clearly has no income, hasn't worked in years, and is in essence homeless, and at her last job stole 5k which is something a drug addict would do. Also, kill a friend to sell her baby or blackmail a dude into paying for her house and bills..for more drug money..I don't know, but her appearance screams drug addict to me..not recreational drugs, but drug addict, as in no job, no home, doing anything for a buck= drug addict.

can they hold her indefinitely on current charges w/o formal arraignment? Tysm

Arrest, arraignment, indictment, trial: How does Texas' justice system work?

The law requires that the accused be seen by a judge within 48 hours after an arrest. The judge will inform him of the charges he faces and whether there is an affidavit, which is a sworn statement, supporting the charges.

Charges filed

The prosecutor is then required to file charges either through a complaint (used for Class C misdemeanor), information (used for Class A or B misdemeanors) or indictment (used for felonies.)

A note on indictments: Indictments are presented by prosecutors to a 12-person grand jury that then votes whether there is probable cause of the defendant's guilt. Nine votes are required to take the case to trial. If the prosecution does not meet that requirement, no charge is filed, but the prosecution can present its case again to a grand jury.

ETA: Note grand jury, who only is seated MOO Monday through Friday

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members