Henry Lee as a Defense Expert *Merged*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Isn't it "unique" the the oracle of forensic science has not incurred a single ripple of attention from the LOCAL Ct. media regarding this case, the case that AF claims is "garnering nationwide, nay I say, WORLDWIDE attention"? :croc: Perhaps the Hartford Current/New Haven Register/Bridgeport Post, heck Meriden Chronicle even, might want to "stake out" HCL and get a comment or 2 or maybe Kathie B :innocent:needs a stop in the "gateway to New England", after all UNH (West Haven) and Branford are both easy on-easy off stops on I 95, and if he's in Meriden (BIG, HUGE DOUBT @ THAT one~), easy access off the highway there too (just DON'T speed, trooper barracks near by!) :dance:

Dr. Lee goes to where the money is good. He is untrustworthy and loves fame. IMO. Why is there a need to rehearse what to say on the stand in a criminal trial if what you are saying is truth and based on scietific fact? > this is in response to the video earlier where they are rehearsing.

if Casey was my daughter ( I am a mother 2 ), sister, friend, whatever and regardless of what and how much money it took to get Dr. Lee to come and possibly save her from the death penalty, I would do whatever it took to get him here, there, or anywhere to testify. As bad as I hate to say it, especially since the evidence is so blatantly obvious, I would find a way to get Dr.Lee here just to try and keep her from the dying. Why don't the Anthony family start filling up orange crates to send to Dr.Lee :croc: ??? And another thing, if Dr. Lee believed in Casey's innocence, I'm sure he has enough money that he could have donated his time and travel and used it as a charity on his taxes. I'm sure Dr.Lee isn't making it paycheck to paycheck and barely scraping by. lol.
That being said, Casey isn't my daughter and I think if she is found guilty ( and for the record I think she's very guilty ) and especially how horrific the death was, she deserves to die.
MOO.....:twocents:

BBM

Mr Sheaffer's choice of words used to describe Mr Lee caused my funny bone to kick in. :laugh: Mr Sheaffer strikes me as a man who choses words carefully. Or maybe, being from Canada, we have different meanings for different words. :waitasec:
:applause: Yuppers, I guess we do - or else with all the wide open fields we have up yonder, we are more used to identifying B.S. when we see or hear it!

Mr. Scheaffer - what were you thinking!!!

IMHO I believe you can work pro bono and yet ask for travel expenses. Such as, the legal work and time is free, but I would appreciate the flights, rental cars, and hotel room expenses please. Especially if the court would/could grant reimbursement for such expenses.

I do believe that if Dr. Lee is not reimbursed or paid for those fees he will jump ship. Does anyone know what the $7,500 in expenses already incurred is for? Working for free is one thing, but picking up your own travel expenses is another (IMO). So fork it over JB :)

MOO

Mel

---------------

I agree.JB. must bring himself to realize kc.is an ordinary citizen.An indigent.
This case really cannot afford the people JB.has chose.He is doing this (IMO) to say "I have worked with the best.Many people have P.D.'s and come out free,if they are.The facts will not change because of a rich lawyer,they are what they are.He better wake up and smell the coffee.I'm sure Fla.has plenty of good Lawyers who work PB.look at Mason.:floorlaugh:

I am sure they have excellent Lawyers,just had to get M. in there.IMO

...'member he does have the "color" coated charts....

think the big thing is jb doesn't do record keeping....no accounting....nada....nothing:loser:

And he doesn't provide reports either. What does this team too.

Oh nevermind....

Mel

Dr. Lee goes to where the money is good. He is untrustworthy and loves fame. IMO. Why is there a need to rehearse what to say on the stand in a criminal trial if what you are saying is truth and based on scietific fact? > this is in response to the video earlier where they are rehearsing.

For me, I can't get Dr. Lee spitting ketchup on a whiteboard to prove a point (blood splatter). Dr. Lee was the one who spit ketchup in the courtroom to demonstrate blood spatter in the Michael Peterson trial– the staircase murder. ...

Sure, Peterson was convicted -- but that sight is still marred in my brain ;)

MOO

Mel

if Casey was my daughter ( I am a mother 2 ), sister, friend, whatever and regardless of what and how much money it took to get Dr. Lee to come and possibly save her from the death penalty, I would do whatever it took to get him here, there, or anywhere to testify. As bad as I hate to say it, especially since the evidence is so blatantly obvious, I would find a way to get Dr.Lee here just to try and keep her from the dying. Why don't the Anthony family start filling up orange crates to send to Dr.Lee :croc: ??? And another thing, if Dr. Lee believed in Casey's innocence, I'm sure he has enough money that he could have donated his time and travel and used it as a charity on his taxes. I'm sure Dr.Lee isn't making it paycheck to paycheck and barely scraping by. lol.
That being said, Casey isn't my daughter and I think if she is found guilty ( and for the record I think she's very guilty ) and especially how horrific the death was, she deserves to die.
MOO.....:twocents:
Welcome to posting. If you believed in your daughter's innocence, you sure as hell would not be going on cruises and getting huge diamond earings, all of your money (save for your mortgage, ahem) would be saved for defending her. Let that be your guide in how far off you are from them. Welcome here!!

Apparently Baez finally did file it with the court. Perhaps he is using Cheney Mason's style, he said from the beginning that whatever the deadline was, he would file things then and not before. In any case, Dr. Lee is likely pretty upset over how this little matter is being discussed in the media right now.
Just keep in mind, this is the same defense team that came to the hearing to ask for their client to be declared indigent, without one document detailing her finances! Good grief!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUY9h0ZnKZA[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC0Xtr917ZY[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_12H80h6wL4[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpjZ1bL1eIg[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-HhNWPqINI[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kYb9DfPq6E[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL43U7kAIIE[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IUnNCiJXEA[/ame]
One would think paying Dr. Lee would be a high priority out of the three hundred thousand dollars, eh?

I thought that during the hearing about allowing out of state witnesses, experts, etc.... When JB asked for the people he all ready had, to continue.. it was pointed out that the state DID NOT PAY FOR TRAVEL EXPENSES, and JB was fine with that.. so long as he could keep his experts.

I believe this is the same hearing where it was mentioned that Lee worked for oranges, etc. That Lyon wasn't getting paid, etc, etc, etc.

Yet, it seems like those same folks have filed for expenses, etc.

I thought that during the hearing about allowing out of state witnesses, experts, etc.... When JB asked for the people he all ready had, to continue.. it was pointed out that the state DID NOT PAY FOR TRAVEL EXPENSES, and JB was fine with that.. so long as he could keep his experts.

I believe this is the same hearing where it was mentioned that Lee worked for oranges, etc. That Lyon wasn't getting paid, etc, etc, etc.

Yet, it seems like those same folks have filed for expenses, etc.

I thought that was in reference to JB asking to have HIS travel expenses at the trial paid? He was talking about if they moved the trial or went somewhere to pick a jury, would he get his hotel, car, etc. expenses paid. Judge Perry said No because he was privately retained before KC was declared indigent. I vaguely remember JP saying that maybe Mason could have his expenses paid, but JB definitely was out of luck.

HL is trying his best to jump ship ... surely this expenses issue will be the thing he needs to get off-the-hook and distance himself?

Would I be pre-mature in playing Queen's "Another one Bites the Dust" ? I'll just have it handy..

Do you suppose that tomorrow we'll be seeing an Order DENYING the motion for "prior travel of experts?"

I am lost in the court "workings" and have no idea ~ but I am hoping it will be a dead issue. I dunno if it can just die a natural death or if it has to be officially killed? I am a total :loser: about court issues!!!

I'm with those that think Dr. Lee will not be around come trial time...

Off to do some work - these motions were a surprise to me & I spent way too much time reading them & the comments and forgot about some letters & IRS/state forms to clients that I have to mail tomorrow (I don't miss my deadlines, lol)...

I'm with those that think Dr. Lee will not be around come trial time...

Off to do some work - these motions were a surprise to me & I spent way too much time reading them & the comments and forgot about some letters & IRS/state forms to clients that I have to mail tomorrow (I don't miss my deadlines, lol)...

Dr. Lee has no credibility. Nada. Zilch. A waste of money if ever there was one. Which is sad because I understand he can be brilliant. This defense has enough to peddle away from - cut him loose!

I believe we will see HL say goodbye to KC and the defense real soon.

According to this order from HHJP it looks like JB didn't make his deadline to get Lee's expenses approved.

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/6772692...s-of-Investigtion-and-Prior-Travel-of-Experts

I agree that it doesn't appear he met the deadline. The only thing to give me pause is IF Baez pulled another one of his stunts where he submitted the receipts privately to the Court, SA and JAC and did not file a Notice with the clerk.

(kinda like the emailed expert discovery debacle - and we all know how that turned out. :rolleyes:)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbod153
Back