Henry Lee as a Defense Expert *Merged*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I personally think he's already gone, dunzo, bye-bye! I'll be shocked if we ever see or hear from him regarding this case. I also think lots of people claimed to be working "pro-bono" just to hang out and wait for ICA to be declared idigent. Baez knew it was coming at some point. I think now they are all back tracking trying to re-coop some of their money from work performed prior. It would be super easy to do and I don't doubt for a second that is what's going on with most of them. JMO.

I agree that it doesn't appear he met the deadline. The only thing to give me pause is IF Baez pulled another one of his stunts where he submitted the receipts privately to the Court, SA and JAC and did not file a Notice with the clerk.

(kinda like the emailed expert discovery debacle - and we all know how that turned out. :rolleyes:)

I mentioned this in another thread...but with HL bailing it kinda saves face for the defense--they can blame the State for not paying for his "experience", etc.....I don't think he found anything beneficial, and I'm sure the car still stinks---he probably couldn't come up with anymore evidence for her "innocence" than the defense---this way someone to blame---not her defense----but the evil evil State....:sick:

I think it will be very interesting as to whether Dr. Lee does or does not testify. If he does, the State can really rip into him about refusing to do a deposition until he was paid, that will not go over well with the jury I am sure. As to his reputation, don't know how that will play out. Most of 'us' know who he is and what his background is. However, the average juror will not have followed cases, perhaps other than OJ's first, as closely as we have and not be aware of the good and bad in Dr. Lee's background.

His accent is going to make it hard for the jurors to understand. I had the opportunity many, many years ago to meet Dr. Lee very briefly. It was mostly a hello, nice to meet you conversation and he was difficult to understand then.

I am not going to be worried if he does testify. There are certain things he can not dispute and the State will make that VERY clear. They will probably start the questioning with something along these lines: "You said on more than one occasion that you are working Pro Bono for the defense, didn't you? Yet you refused to talk to us in a deposition until you had received $7500 for travel expenses for 3 days work?, isn't that true, De. Lee?'

meh. experts in, experts out.

I swear, it's the expert hokey pokey in this case.

You have your experts in
You have your experts out
You have your experts in, and you shake them all about
You do the hokey pokey and you turn your experts around,
Then all of sudden they're out!

Repeat, repeat, rinse, repeat. LOL.

if Casey was my daughter ( I am a mother 2 ), sister, friend, whatever and regardless of what and how much money it took to get Dr. Lee to come and possibly save her from the death penalty, I would do whatever it took to get him here, there, or anywhere to testify. As bad as I hate to say it, especially since the evidence is so blatantly obvious, I would find a way to get Dr.Lee here just to try and keep her from the dying. Why don't the Anthony family start filling up orange crates to send to Dr.Lee :croc: ??? And another thing, if Dr. Lee believed in Casey's innocence, I'm sure he has enough money that he could have donated his time and travel and used it as a charity on his taxes. I'm sure Dr.Lee isn't making it paycheck to paycheck and barely scraping by. lol.
That being said, Casey isn't my daughter and I think if she is found guilty ( and for the record I think she's very guilty ) and especially how horrific the death was, she deserves to die.
MOO.....:twocents:

Because they quite literally cannot do this. the family or friends cannot scrounge up or chip in to pay for any specific part of her defense since she was declared indigent. any funds they come up with to pay someone will instead go to the state to payback some of the costs of the trial. So if George and Cindy attempted to pay Dr. Lee to testify. Those funds would be subject to confiscation by the state, and Dr. Lee would once again be subject to JAC rules and reimbursements. Any moneys paid for any element of KC's defense the state will consider as money given to KC herself and thus have a claim on.

Because they quite literally cannot do this. the family or friends cannot scrounge up or chip in to pay for any specific part of her defense since she was declared indigent. any funds they come up with to pay someone will instead go to the state to payback some of the costs of the trial. So if George and Cindy attempted to pay Dr. Lee to testify. Those funds would be subject to confiscation by the state, and Dr. Lee would once again be subject to JAC rules and reimbursements. Any moneys paid for any element of KC's defense the state will consider as money given to KC herself and thus have a claim on.
i understand and respect what you're saying but like I said, if Dr. Lee really, i mean really thought she was innocent, I do believe he would testify for her somehow, someway. I don't know of anyone that had any feelings, conscience, or half a heart, could sit back and let someone receive the death penalty knowing they might have been able to help that person. At least I couldn't. MOO only.... this money excuse is just that....AN EXCUSE !!!

I swear, it's the expert hokey pokey in this case.

You have your experts in
You have your experts out
You have your experts in, and you shake them all about
You do the hokey pokey and you turn your experts around,
Then all of sudden they're out!

Repeat, repeat, rinse, repeat. LOL.

I love your song but are you sure you aren't talking about the Defense Team? LOL!

I love your song but are you sure you aren't talking about the Defense Team? LOL!

It can certainly apply to the defense team too. That's it, I'm now calling Casey's defense "The Hokey Pokey Defense". LOL!

Unless........they did it on the sly and slipped it to him under the table without it being acknowledged.
Or send him a "gift card" in his Christmas Card???

Ahhhh.............nope won't happen.
Those Anthony's are to honest to do such a thing.

Never mind ~
They'd rather the selling of any future Caylee pictures went into their pockets, cause afterall, they are the ones that have been put out with all of this.
Maybe they are holding out for a "secret Santa" to foot the bill?

I just don't think that the New Year, that is just around the corner biting at their heals, is going to bring them anything good.

I would love to see her visitation log for the last month.

i understand and respect what you're saying but like I said, if Dr. Lee really, i mean really thought she was innocent, I do believe he would testify for her somehow, someway. I don't know of anyone that had any feelings, conscience, or half a heart, could sit back and let someone receive the death penalty knowing they might have been able to help that person. At least I couldn't. MOO only.... this money excuse is just that....AN EXCUSE !!!

The late and great Andea Lyons did just that ~
The poor guy sat for 20 plus years on death row with her knowledge of his innocence.

It wasn't until the guilty person died, that she and 2 other attorneys came out with the news.

But, yes, I agree with you.
If I knew that someone was sitting in jail, facing life or death in prison, and I had the verified facts staring me in the face to prove their innocence, I would walk if I had to in order to present those facts come trial time.
And, if I had to start walking now in order to make it on time, I'd be hitting the road and heading their way ~

It can certainly apply to the defense team too. That's it, I'm now calling Casey's defense "The Hokey Pokey Defense". LOL!

It's certainly fitting Aedrys ~
Cause more than one on that team have either "hokied" or "pokied" someone that has come in contact with the accused, or, her attorney ~!!!

Unless........they did it on the sly and slipped it to him under the table without it being acknowledged.
Or send him a "gift card" in his Christmas Card???

Ahhhh.............nope won't happen.
Those Anthony's are to honest to do such a thing.

Never mind ~
They'd rather the selling of any future Caylee pictures went into their pockets, cause afterall, they are the ones that have been put out with all of this.
Maybe they are holding out for a "secret Santa" to foot the bill?

I just don't think that the New Year, that is just around the corner biting at their heals, is going to bring them anything good.

I would love to see her visitation log for the last month.

Remember that the SA gets to ask questions under oath about how the expert is getting paid. Dr. Lee has already run afoul of the court in one very public murder trial. Can you imagine if it came out that he was being paid under the table by the defendants family? Dr. Lee is at heart a mercenary. I can't see how any such arrangement would work in his favor, regardless of his views of guilt or innocence. if there was a chance for him to spin a profit via book/movie/interview deals after the fact, he would still be here. But the market on KC spin has dried up. There is greater risk to his rep in sticking around then there is in potential reward from media returns later on.

Prosecutors call for sanctions against the Casey Anthony defense

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-casey-anthony-defense-sanctions-20101222,0,6473260.story

In a newly filed motion, Assistant State Attorney Jeff Ashton argues, "the state would contend that the defendant is in deliberate non-compliance with the court's order as to certain of their listed experts and that sanctions to address the non-compliance are necessary."

Ashton notes that the defense has said expert Dr. Henry Lee "will render opinions on…crime scene analysis, collection and preservation as well as recovery."

But he says the defense team's inability to summarize so-called "false claims" by crime scene investigators that Lee will rebut "is disingenuous and just plain laughable."

For me, I can't get Dr. Lee spitting ketchup on a whiteboard to prove a point (blood splatter). Dr. Lee was the one who spit ketchup in the courtroom to demonstrate blood spatter in the Michael Peterson trial– the staircase murder. ...

Sure, Peterson was convicted -- but that sight is still marred in my brain ;)

MOO

Mel

OT you know I worked for the DoDDS in Europe and knew Peterson's sister...boy was she a strange one!

The late and great Andea Lyons did just that ~
The poor guy sat for 20 plus years on death row with her knowledge of his innocence.

It wasn't until the guilty person died, that she and 2 other attorneys came out with the news.

But, yes, I agree with you.
If I knew that someone was sitting in jail, facing life or death in prison, and I had the verified facts staring me in the face to prove their innocence, I would walk if I had to in order to present those facts come trial time.
And, if I had to start walking now in order to make it on time, I'd be hitting the road and heading their way ~

ITA!---But if you also recall---jb has stated several times HE DOES have info that will make his client go free, BUT will only present it in court---:loser:

Where to put this - on the run!!!

So is there a hearing tonight at five?? Have we heard anything at all on it? Or was it going to be telephonic, in camera or something? Wasn't it today at five or have I completely lost my mind.

(Er, that's an either/or question - no need to give me two answers - LOL)

So is there a hearing tonight at five?? Have we heard anything at all on it? Or was it going to be telephonic, in camera or something? Wasn't it today at five or have I completely lost my mind.

logicalgirl, you're getting my hopes up!!!! Don't do that! lol.

Seriously, does anyone know the answer to this? I am on pins and needles here!

I haven't heard anything about a hearing today. Perhaps you're confusing when HHJP discussed he would be available today for Kronk's motion.

I haven't heard anything about a hearing today. Perhaps you're confusing when HHJP discussed he would be available today for Kronk's motion.

So does that mean JB had until 5 today??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back