GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mea culpa......I will be more careful about sources in the future.

Does anyone have a MSM link that says SC borrowed money from his employer?

Thanks

Posted by mauinow.com on March 14:

"The family of missing Carly “Charli” Scott released a statement today, saying they have planned a public memorial service for Charli and her unborn son, Joshua Aiden Scott, on Sunday, March 23, 2014 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Baldwin Beach in Pāʻia.
[modsnip]

http://mauinow.com/2014/03/14/memorial-service-planned-for-missing-charli-scott-and-son/

Statement can be found in its entirety on the Find "Chari" Scott FB page.

As to why this case has not received MSM attention similar to that of the Laci Peterson case is beyond me. It would be great to see someone such as Diane Sawyer or Anderson Cooper -I realize that Anderson may not be as mainstream, but the impression I get from him personally is that he tends to be very sympathetic to the victim(s)- interview SC, as well as Charli's family (as for the latter, only if they wish to).

The fact that the family is holding a memorial for Charli and Joshua leads me to believe even more so than before that LE must have some sort of strong evidence indicating that their loved ones are indeed deceased :(. While I am curious as to what that evidence may be, it is so much more important that the LE keep this information confidential in order to make sure that the integrity of their investigation remains intact, so as to ensure successful (as well as hopefully prompt) arrest(s), prosecution(s) & conviction(s).

"Marijuana cultivation is abundant on all five major islands; however, the vast majority of fields are located on the Island of Hawaii (Big Island/Hawaii County) and the Island of Maui. Cane fields are common to grow marijuana.

I still think that his friend(s) know something incriminating.
But if they speak up, SC speaks up. Drugs are big business and if they are making some serious cash their lively hood is in jeopardy. I think the person(s) posting various mysterious pages may be slightly associated with the "hive". Afraid to go to the police so trying to drop hints on what they know. This is just my thought process.

Yes, it is also difficult for me to believe SC did not have help, unless he stripped Charli's SUV himself, left the said parts in the vicinity of the vehicle -in his effort to make it look as though Charli was an unfortunate victim in some sort of auto-theft-type situation-, intending for those parts to be stolen, torched the car & walked home. But, how could he have been so certain that those parts would disappear before the SUV was discovered by those looking for Charli & Joshua? Perhaps he was willing to take a chance in leaving those parts behind -, which would not surprise me due to his seemingly sociopathic tendencies: He just seems -to me personally- like one of those who thinks he is smarter than everyone else & is above the law, with a "Catch me if you can"-type personality.

My hope is that LE can convince someone who knows what happened to Charli & Joshua -someone who was actually involved in the crime one way or another, preferably- to talk - even if it takes some sort of a plea deal or an offer of immunity. It would take a tremendous amount of effort on LE's part, I'm sure, as this person would have to give up his/her livelihood as he/she knows it.

Thanks so much for clarifying Mamamerced!

For many that are new here a general rule of thumb is if you post something as fact you need to link it up to a MSM source.

Here is more on the rules:

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thanks so much for clarifying Mamamerced!

For many that are new here a general rule of thumb is if you post something as fact you need to link it up to a MSM source.

Here is more on the rules:

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Thanks for this post regarding social network sites. One sentence jumped out at me, though: "Paraphrasing is okay".
Does that mean we can paraphrase alleged rumors found on those sites? :waitasec::innocent:

Thanks for this post regarding social network sites. One sentence jumped out at me, though: "Paraphrasing is okay".
Does that mean we can paraphrase alleged rumors found on those sites? :waitasec::innocent:

You can paraphrase and link, but really the best way would be to direct to the "rumor".

For instance, hey go check out under recent posts by others at 2:00 pm.

The bottom line is we don't want rumors to grow legs.

You can always PM a mod of your choice if your not sure.

Hope that helps

You can paraphrase and link, but really the best way would be to direct to the "rumor".

For instance, hey go check out under recent posts by others at 2:00 pm.

The bottom line is we don't want rumors to grow legs.

You can always PM a mod of your choice if your not sure.

Hope that helps

Yes, that helps a lot. Thank you.

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

The only FB pgs allowed are the Find pg, A study to find has been approved, the victim and the POI. If you see a post that violates please alert.

TIA

I know that many, if not most of us do not believe that SC's truck was stuck at MM 20 on Hana Hwy or anywhere else, for that matter. I was thinking, all it would take is one person to come forward and say, I saw that truck at Steve's house, or anywhere other than Hana Hwy on the night of Feb 9 to confirm that his ridiculous alibi is false. That would be huge.

Thanks, Coldpizza, that is very helpful. I am one of the newbies, and I'm trying to post within the forum rules. Thanks particularly for approving the "A study to find out what happened to Charli and Joshua Scott" FB page; I think there is a lot of good information there, and I believe that the page owners are striving to post factual information.

According to the "A study" FB page, Steven has a DUI on his record which resulted in a suspended license and probation until July 2, 2014. He also has a citation for "promoting a detrimental drug ring 2 possess one ounce or more." (This is in the March 10 post with his mugshot. You have to click more to see the info.) It states that he cannot leave the island because he is on probation until July 2, 2014.

Interesting, eh? I wonder if MPD could arrest him on a probation violation because he admitted to driving on a suspended license. That might be the ace they are waiting to play.

There's a post from Charli's sister Brooke on the POI's FB page. Brooke says that Charli gave SC his dog. The dog's name is the same as his FB page name "Chunk o'Butter." She asks what he ever gave to Charli. Someone asked if Nala was the mother of Chunk.

As heartless and evil as he was to Charli and Joshua, he could not harm Charli's dog Nala.

I don't think it has anything to do with being heartless or not. A psychopath will only do what benefits them. There was no reason to kill the dog....and that would have required effort...easier to just drop it off. There is no redeeming quality in that behavior ... just sheer laziness. Someone that is capable of killing another human being...and the innocent unborn child that person is carrying...has no empathy! MOO

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

I don't think it has anything to do with being heartless or not. A psychopath will only do what benefits them. There was no reason to kill the dog....and that would have required effort...easier to just drop it off. There is no redeeming quality in that behavior ... just sheer laziness. Someone that is capable of killing another human being...and the innocent unborn child that person is carrying...has no empathy! MOO

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Spot on.
What does Moo signify?
:waiting:

I find it odd that no media has reported these arrests...or have they and I missed them? This is the first thing that's done when a POI is named. I have seen pages like that hurt cases horribly and be proven to be filled with rumors that turn out to be not true. So, I am having a hard time believing anything said on that page.

Link to POI's FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/chunk.obutter?fref=ts

Link to Maui News report of SC's arrest for DUI:
http://www.mauinews.com/page/content.detail/id/570885/DUI-Sentences.html?nav=10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics