GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DaleTray, HGO, and puakenikeni, thank you all for the point of view. I do understand, but I have a different point of view. I have been thinking logically about the facts vs. the alibi. Simply put, if Charli was really in her car on Hana Hwy with her pitbull dog, Nala, heading back to Haiku, last seen by SC roughly at 10:30 around Twin Falls, and he knew for certain that it was her because of the distinctive grille lights, why is it that her phone last pinged at 11:00 PM in Honomanu and her dog was found the next morning in Nahiku? The alibi does not support the facts in this case.

Blood/DNA is not the only evidence. Everything presented in court is evidence. The presence of the dog in Nahiku is evidence. The ping from Charli's phone is evidence. The testimony of SC's co-workers and the Planned Parenthood worker is evidence. SC's interviews with the police are evidence. And the clothes, jawbone, etc. are evidence. So I don't see any evidence pointing in the direction of a strange psycho monster, except the strange, psycho monster that lives inside of the "24 year old youth with some pretty normal hobbies who loves organic food and protests Monsanto and has had a few girlfriends". If I had known him personally prior to the crime, it would have taken me a while to wrap my head around the contrast of the person I knew with the person who committed this heinous crime, just as Sharon Rocha did not in the beginning believe that her son-in-law, Scott Peterson, could possibly have done anything to harm Laci. I again think of his co-workers, the people he interacted with day in and day out at work. I'll bet it took them a while to wrap their heads around the person they knew vs. the monster. Their testimony was, IMHO, powerful.

JMHO. :cow:

snipped by me

This is what I've been thinking as well. Seems Daletray was here too. IMO Its hard for good people to fathom that this crime could have been done by someone she loved. Our brains want it to be some stranger psycho monster because it's easier to understand. I need to hear these inconsistencies. I need it all wrapped up where it makes sense. For some reason my brain is trying to tell me that he did kill her but had someone else finish because I don't know him and I'm having a hard time picturing this nature loving, skinny man, who loved art and animals with a cheery unassuming voice using a serrated blade on her. It's just heartbreaking.
I would like to clarify. I have watched every minute of the trial thus far prior to even reading WS comments. It was initially that I considered him clean cut/mild mannered, etc, but as I have listened to his interviews,twice each, it quickly swayed to "conniving" for me. I would have zero doubt and would quickly vote guilty. Easy vote for guilty on 2nd degree. WS comments and research solidifies my thoughts and maybe jurors will research WS after the trial for confirmation they voted correctly :) I hope anyway. I have to admit though, these 2016 CSI type juries of late scare the crap out of me and I wish judges would spend a little more time in defining the word "circumstantial".

snipped by me

This is what I've been thinking as well. Seems Daletray was here too. IMO Its hard for good people to fathom that this crime could have been done by someone she loved. Our brains want it to be some stranger psycho monster because it's easier to understand. I need to hear these inconsistencies. I need it all wrapped up where it makes sense. For some reason my brain is trying to tell me that he did kill her but had someone else finish because I don't know him and I'm having a hard time picturing this nature loving, skinny man, who loved art and animals with a cheery unassuming voice using a serrated blade on her. It's just heartbreaking.
this expresses my thought dilemma perfectly, HGO. Thank you for getting at the essence of it.

A heated argument going too far is not hard to believe. Planning to lure her out there for this grisly deed and to butcher her remains so he can lead a happy life with Cassie is so dark and cold.

I realize that many women who are murdered were done in by a man in their life. Usually there is passion involved, often jealousy or possessiveness. Kill her to keep her, control her. Here, we can see that Charli was never "the one" for Steven. He had moved on from when he was 20 and briefly played house. How did he hate her enough to torture her?

This is why I brought up narcissistic PD some time back. The narcissist is capable of treating people like flies to be brushed off and bugs to be squashed when they get in the way of the plan. A form of sociopath, Scott Peterson ... You know where it shows with Steven, his Facebook, Instagram, his posting a burning skull painting and a fetus being cut out of the womb. This is not a healthy mind.

I hope this is not a habit of the prosecution, "discovering and presenting" evidence at the last minute.

are you referring to your "spidey senses" mama? Well done!

The news says the trial was on for a couple of hours before it recessed, but we never saw any live stream. Odd.
So what is the problem? Did the State not share some discovery regarding MM?

I wonder if he was the one who had the grille and/or the doors from Charli's Forerunner. Reading through that thread yesterday, it seemed like something was being suppressed regarding the reason for his disappearance. I'm going to check to see when the media reported the discovery of the grille.

snipped by me

I could never imagine people flying planes into buildings. Stuff is real. SC is a liar and an egotist. That has been established. In addition to art and animals he loved guns and drugs. That has been established. He is a burglar and a vandal. That has been established. He is a drunken misogynist. That has been established. Your having a hard time.

this expresses my thought dilemma perfectly, HGO. Thank you for getting at the essence of it.

A heated argument going too far is not hard to believe. Planning to lure her out there for this grisly deed and to butcher her remains so he can lead a happy life with Cassie is so dark and cold.

I realize that many women who are murdered were done in by a man in their life. Usually there is passion involved, often jealousy or possessiveness. Kill her to keep her, control her. Here, we can see that Charli was never "the one" for Steven. He had moved on from when he was 20 and briefly played house. How did he hate her enough to torture her?

This is why I brought up narcissistic PD some time back. The narcissist is capable of treating people like flies to be brushed off and bugs to be squashed when they get in the way of the plan. A form of sociopath, Scott Peterson ... You know where it shows with Steven, his Facebook, Instagram, his posting a burning skull painting and a fetus being cut out of the womb. This is not a healthy mind.

Look at all his different looks. A Chameleon. Has fun with his presentation. Top-Knot to GI Joe. Definitely a Narcissist.

Look at all his different looks. A Chameleon. Has fun with his presentation. Top-Knot to GI Joe. Definitely a Narcissist.
aha, very good point. "I can't help it, I'm cute."
There's the Charles Manson look too ...

Maybe MM is the "Brian" who gave Steven a ride back from wherever he parked his Forerunner. "He was about my size, darker hair, a sun-weathered version of me." Driving a Toyota Corolla?

Maybe MM is the "Brian" who gave Steven a ride back from wherever he parked his Forerunner. "He was about my size, darker hair, a sun-weathered version of me." Driving a Toyota Corolla?
Maybe the "Brian" is SC's alter ego Mr Hyde.

MM knows something. I just hope the prosecution and Loo have crossed all the Ts because Apo has no case to build, seemingly, but he is a shredder.

PT: Maybe the "Brian" is SC's alter ego Mr Hyde.
Kapua: With "Live Pono" tattooed on his knuckles." LOL. Thanks!

Me: What is "Live Pono", if you please :)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Clean