GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
PT: Maybe the "Brian" is SC's alter ego Mr Hyde.
Kapua: With "Live Pono" tattooed on his knuckles." LOL. Thanks!

Me: What is "Live Pono", if you please :)?

Revisions welcomed but I think "live pono" means to live a life in balance with nature.

Pono is goodness, righteousness, respectably, correct in this context. Live with respect for others, goodness in your heart, do the right things. Time to live pono, MM.

With "Live Pono" tattooed on his knuckles." LOL. Thanks!

Some folks know they need a constant reminder. So they tie a string around their finger. Or in this case...a tattoo. Live Right

I was reluctant to believe that SC had an accomplice, and I don't recall paying much attention to the disappearance/reappearance of MM. I could be SO wrong... Had a real AHA moment today. MM *could* be an accomplice. Or an accessory after the fact. And he could be in a whole lot of trouble himself.

I was reluctant to believe that SC had an accomplice, and I don't recall paying much attention to the disappearance/reappearance of MM. I could be SO wrong... Had a real AHA moment today. MM *could* be an accomplice. Or an accessory after the fact. And he could be in a whole lot of trouble himself.

Yep, I agree, Kapua. I think SC used him.

Yep, I agree, Kapua. I think SC used him.

If SC had help, he *could* have arrived home by 11 and made sure that his grandfather knew he was home. AND he could have asked MM to drop Nala off at Nahiku Marketplace.

I could never imagine people flying planes into buildings. Stuff is real. SC is a liar and an egotist. That has been established. In addition to art and animals he loved guns and drugs. That has been established. He is a burglar and a vandal. That has been established. He is a drunken misogynist. That has been established. Your having a hard time.

I sure hope every juror sees what you're saying and can read between lines and thinks deeply about their task.
Most of the above will never be heard by the jury to establish that picture of him. Maybe I'm wrong but I'm looking at all facets.
Again it's early and I have faith Rivera can tie this all together.

If SC had help, he *could* have arrived home by 11 and made sure that his grandfather knew he was home. AND he could have asked MM to drop Nala off at Nahiku Marketplace.

Still think GF is lying, though, about seeing SC return by 11:00. Didn't he say between 10:30-11:00?
I hope MM wasn't directly involved. I don't know enough about him to draw any valid conclusions, but when MM disappeared many of his friends on FB referred to him as (interpreting/paraphrasing here) sensitive and kind/gentle. My gut, and only my gut, feels he was easily manipulated by SC. ----Jump on in here, PT, if I'm way off base.----
For his (MM's) sake, I hope he only has knowledge or a bit part in all this horridness, if any involvement at all. Two people with that level of depravity boggles my mind.
Interesting thought about MM and Nala,

I could never imagine people flying planes into buildings. Stuff is real. SC is a liar and an egotist. That has been established. In addition to art and animals he loved guns and drugs. That has been established. He is a burglar and a vandal. That has been established. He is a drunken misogynist. That has been established. Your having a hard time.

The case was reclassified as a homicide on Feb. 18, 2014 after the forensic testing was completed. This article also states that the grill had been recovered at that point.

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/24920248/maui-police-reclassify-charli-scott-case-as-homicide

That's four months ahead of MM's disappearance. Maybe MM was an accomplice in another way...
well, if the disappearance was an avoidance of something unpleasant like being called to testify, then it makes sense it was months later than the crime timeframe.

just to keep the dates straight, and not wanting to nitpick at all, but the case was reclassified in early March. Released to media March 7, after communication to family. I seem to remember that week that a reporter leaked the bone and tooth info and upset everyone with the "rumor" that was soon substantiated.

Feb 18 was the press conference on police investigating missing persons Mo and Charli.
It matters somewhat because that was only a week in to the search. Also if Cassie returned on the Tuesday (did she?) as he said in the interview, the 20th?, then Cassie came back to what was still officially a missing person case.

edit: sorry I missed the whole new page of comments when I replied.

http://mauinow.com/2016/07/09/capobianco-murder-trial-day-7-cut-short/

another article about Day 7 being cut short and MM

Still think GF is lying, though, about seeing SC return by 11:00. Didn't he say between 10:30-11:00?
I hope MM wasn't directly involved. I don't know enough about him to draw any valid conclusions, but when MM disappeared many of his friends on FB referred to him as (interpreting/paraphrasing here) sensitive and kind/gentle. My gut, and only my gut, feels he was easily manipulated by SC. ----Jump on in here, PT, if I'm way off base.----
For his (MM's) sake, I hope he only has knowledge or a bit part in all this horridness, if any involvement at all. Two people with that level of depravity boggles my mind.
Interesting thought about MM and Nala,

Yes, two people with that level of depravity is unimaginable, which is why I never thought SC had an accomplice. I thought he might have left Charli's vehicle at Jaws so that - what does Peter Tosh call them - the local midnight auto enthusiasts could strip and burn it as usual. MM's thread did indicate that he had "addictions", however, which might be a clue to how SC was able to manipulate him, IF there is any connection. It sure would answer a lot of questions and tie up a lot of loose ends.

If you look at horrible crimes towards both men and women in the islands, quite a few were done by a few friends, cousins, siblings. The notable crimes at Pauwela Lighthouse near Jaws, the assault, rape, and kidnapping that killed Dana Ireland, Sequoyah Vargas, the recent murder of Dante Gilman by cousins, a recent murder on the Big Island where the perp apparently ordered two other guys to dismember and dump a body while the perp's girlfriend looked on. Instead of acting to steer friends away from violence and depravity, sometimes they escalate it and take it to higher levels of dehumanizing the victim.

In the Dana Ireland case, one of the perps was only 15 and had no history of such behavior, but was with an older brother or cousin -- eventually testified IIRC.

Well answered already, but want to say that even though it's not exactly live in balance with nature, "righteousness" in this philosophy is predicated on a sense that what we do affects everyone and everything else. So to be righteous is to do the right thing not only to follow laws, but to modify your own urges and desires to fit with the good of the whole, of the community and of the 'aina (the land for which we are stewards).

I imagine the saying means different things to different people, as does Live Aloha. In no possible interpretation could stabbing mother of your child be considered pono. ;-)

well, if the disappearance was an avoidance of something unpleasant like being called to testify, then it makes sense it was months later than the crime timeframe.

just to keep the dates straight, and not wanting to nitpick at all, but the case was reclassified in early March. Released to media March 7, after communication to family. I seem to remember that week that a reporter leaked the bone and tooth info and upset everyone with the "rumor" that was soon substantiated.

Feb 18 was the press conference on police investigating missing persons Mo and Charli.
It matters somewhat because that was only a week in to the search. Also if Cassie returned on the Tuesday (did she?) as he said in the interview, the 20th?, then Cassie came back to what was still officially a missing person case.

edit: sorry I missed the whole new page of comments when I replied.

Thing is about living on an island...there is nowhere to run...you just go in circles...we just wait for you to come back around.

I only hope that the magnitude of actually being on the stand to testify...will pressure witnesses to tell the truth. Its not a place where you want to be caught in a lie.

Thing is about living on an island...there is nowhere to run...you just go in circles...we just wait for you to come back around.

I only hope that the magnitude of actually being on the stand to testify...will pressure witnesses to tell the truth. Its not a place where you want to be caught in a lie.
great point, about being on the stand and the island community. :). Didn't Steven try to run over to Lahaina -- from East Maui to West Mau -- for a bit to get away from the disapproval? Before he ended up turning himself in at the Wailuku station? Guess he found out it's all Maui.

She was originally due to return on Feb 18 from PA, but, due to bad weather, Mar 11 (I think) was the new date. But, on Feb 9, SC would have still EXPECTED her to be there in another week. She had left on December.

Again, I think about her conversation with "Crabapple Jones". What does she know and what might be expected to come out in trial? " Crabapple" can supply the link here, if it's permitted, since I no longer can find it--I hope I'm allowed to send out the "CJ" searchlight. There is much in that conversation that bears a revisit.
Agree. Her tone was very strange. Thanks so much Napili for straightening that out. I though something had delayed her, but didn't know.

I get the irony. :)
On the other hand, drinking, gambling, and smoking per se are not necessarily not pono. That's more of a missionary ethos that those are sins. How you behave when you do those things is more indicative of living pono or not.
Vegas is an honorary Hawaiian island you know, has more Hawaiians living there than any other state outside he islands. ;-)

Yes, absolutely! When my friend's 'ohana come to the mainland, they always want to go to Vegas.

I've never seen anything in print on the make and model or color of the truck SC was driving at the time that he claimed got stuck. FTL was the source for the detailing and the sighting on Sunday night, that he was seen in a truck that was not his own.

One of the motions from last year let out that a traffic cam had a snapshot of someone who looked like SC driving a similar truck through Paia that Sunday that he said he broke down near Keanae. The defense challenged that the shot didn't prove it was him, and the type of truck was never mentioned, but I think they said it was lifted like a lot of local trucks. Typically a 4Runner doesn't get lifted, so I visualized a pickup truck.

FTL said it was suspicious that he detailed his truck because he is a pig, has no pride in cleanliness, never cleans. The timing was too coincidental.
We need someone who knows what he drove to share the make and model of the truck. Peter Tosh?

Beat up old greyish whit Toyota 4runner with a rear window that does not stay up

At least three who could been accomplices. One RIP.

Could have been... based on a friendship with SC...or possibly likely to help SC when called upon?
Do you think it likely there could have been a group of accomplices, RDS? It makes sense in terms of time, if you can get past the groupthink, Lord Of the Flies frenzy of degeneracy.
I remember the talk at the time when the one friend was killed (suicidal?) in a single vehicle/motorcycle accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briankap