GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will the trial be streamed today?

I was hoping so. Trial should have started 20 min. ago, but I am only getting Hawaii news from the live stream.

Maybe they are on "Hawaiian Time".

KHON will not be streaming the trial today.

I have a feeling they won't be streaming anymore. I have a friend watching trial in court today, will update if I get any info.

I have a feeling they won't be streaming anymore. I have a friend watching trial in court today, will update if I get any info.

Any idea as to why you think that, Alohaj?
Are the cameras from KHON2 or the courts?
Wild About Trial (.com) says they're streaming it but not on at the moment.

Any idea as to why you think that, Alohaj?
Are the cameras from KHON2 or the courts?
Wild About Trial (.com) says they're streaming it but not on at the moment.

I just called KHon. The trial is taking to long and they cant dedicate so many man hours to it for "Live" streaming. They do have a camera there so you will be able to watch it later. The live streaming will be only done depending on who is on the stand. I guess 7 days of Loo wore them out.

I just called KHon. The trial is taking to long and they cant dedicate so many man hours to it for "Live" streaming. They do have a camera there so you will be able to watch it later. The live streaming will be only done depending on who is on the stand. I guess 7 days of Loo wore them out.

Thanks for calling, PT. Sounds like the cameras belong to KHON2, then?
Apo's the one that wears me out!
Hopefully Court Chatter will have it for us in the evenings.

It was KHON's cameras. I'm not sure, but I think if it is not live streamed, then CourtChatter will not have it. They did not have any of Fridays , and even though it was a short day they did have some trial before they recessed. My sources tell me that Kay HON stated they would only be live streamed when there was testimony of "importance". I also went into CourtChatters live chat, and the indication I got from their administrator was that if it's not live streamed they don't have it . Court started at about nine today, and I had contact with my friend who said they were in recess a little after 11. I will update as I hear more about what transpired so far today. It sounds like unfortunately, we will be left in the dark again with only media reports to rely on.

This is disappointing. Every testimony is of importance.
Will khon have a reporter there still?

Thanks, Alohaj. I appreciate all the help and input from the locals following on WS.
This is so disappointing...I can only imagine the family's level of disappointment and angst at being left out of the proceedings.
Wonder if we could persuade KHON to resume or contract out the live-streaming by calling, emailing, etc. wishfull thinking, I know.

Alohaj is anyone from the media at the courthouse tweeting about the trial?

Thanks, Alohaj. I appreciate all the help and input from the locals following on WS.
This is so disappointing...I can only imagine the family's level of disappointment and angst at being left out of the proceedings.
Wonder if we could persuade KHON to resume or contract out the live-streaming by calling, emailing, etc. wishfull thinking, I know.

How hard is it to set up a camera in the courtroom and stop and resume it during/after recesses? Get a college, or even a high school intern who is majoring in journalism.

How hard is it to set up a camera in the courtroom and stop and resume it during/after recesses? Get a college, or even a high school intern who is majoring in journalism.

I think it's less about ability and more about logistics. They have dedicated many hours to the trial so far, I imagine it's costly. Plus they don't have an office here on Maui. The cameraman works so hard, he has to set up and take down his equipment when they go to lunch because Cardoza sees other cases after the break. The camera is not light either. The cameraman also has to be sure to pull the audio when the attorneys meet for a sidebar.

Is there another new source to call that would take over?

I don't know if anyone is tweeting the trial. I'll try to find out when I asked friend what happened today.

As for the family, (those that will be testifying, which is everyone except for Charli's dad)they cannot talk about, read anything about the case/trial, even know it is being filmed. They are not allowed IN THE COURTHOUSE at all until they are the next witness being called, in which case they are put in a witness room, alone, for hours, even days if it comes to that.

And I totally agree that KHON probably doesn't want to use up 6-8 weeks of resources (camera person), from a business standpoint. Can't fault them for that, but it's too bad :(

Also, I don't think anyone anticipated Loo would be on the stand this long, so KHON is perhaps realizing that 6-8 weeks for trial is grossly underestimated. I should be able to sit in on some days in a few weeks when I'm back on island.

That wonderful Scott family! They'll have to live 24/7 with such overwhelming anxiety and helplessness while this trial goes on. Just more cruelty piled on them. The courts will have their reasons but the family's sanity and mental/spiritual wellbeing isn't one of them. Maybe we could pitch it and get Kim a massage at least. Or do it separately
Loio, any ideas?

Once the family testifies are they then able to be in the court room?

I feel like this is cryptic and I'm missing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech