GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted it on the Media Links and Timeline thread some time back. The audio is poor; there might be something I missed. And I, too, thought that the men's pants and jeans were the same article of clothing.

Now I am thinking... maybe I was wrong about the clothes not being left behind on purpose. Brooke, and many posters here, think that they were deliberately planted to be discovered. And if the men's pants and jacket are not SC's size, it is possible that he planted them along with the clothes. But that raises the question, why carelessly throw the bloody jeans out after you've staged the crime scene??
ai changed my mind along the way, FWIW. I may change it again. FTL said the clothes were somewhere they could be found, not far from the road. But photos of the clothes in the grass there don't look to me like a staging. But it does look like a pile.

My current theory is that the pile was left screened by vegetation near the road because it was meant to be retrieved. It was neither staged somewhere obvious nor hidden as in permanent hiding, which it could have been by going over a cliff or in a gulch or buried, etc..

I think the new to us interview with SC where he is questioned about going down that road and saying there is no reason to search it is pretty damning. It also leads me to think he did not want the clothes found or the area searched.

I do not know why the evidence was still lying there. It's very puzzling. All I can think is he was not able to do it right away, and it got tricky for him to go back there. We know he felt like all eyes were on him.

Trial Day 3 part 4:

Loo: I want to believe you, I really, really do…

SC: But it’s your job not to, I understand.

Loo: But, you know, the thing is, I’ve been doing this thing for a long time…

Is it possible that the other clothing not belonging to Charli and potentially not belonging to SC was an accomplice?

Is it possible that the other clothing not belonging to Charli and potentially not belonging to SC was an accomplice?

Totally possible. And unless I missed something, we don't know if there was blood on it.

Got an update.

Loo is still on cross examination by Apo, and will continue to be tomorrow. Apo continued to badger him, attacking his intelligence, at one point comparing him to "a 9 year old". He did ask a few pointed questions... Paraphrasing here

Apo: were there zip ties found near the bloody jeans?

Loo: yes

Apo: were those zip ties recovered and tested?

Loo: No

Apo: the drag marks you saw near the jeans, was that photographed?

Loo; No

Apo: the area of the drag marks, was it examined for blood or anything?

Loo: no

Apo: were there smudge marks on the burnt vehicle

Loo: Yes

All 4 questions, IMO, to show the police mishandled/missed evidence, contaminated crime scene (burnt vehicle).
I heard rumors about zip ties, wow, turns out there were some near the jeans & not recovered .. OMG! Drag mark area never fully investigated.

One area. Bloody jeans, these were processed?
The zip ties were not processed nor photographed and may or may not be important.
The drag marks were not photographed.

Another area.
Jaw, fingernails, clumps of hair.

Sorry trying to get a visual. Where were these other pants?
I'm going to have to look and update/edit. Maybe someone is better at documenting the two crime scenes.

One area. Bloody jeans, these were processed?
The zip ties were not processed nor photographed and may or may not be important.
The drag marks were not photographed.

Another area.
Jaw, fingernails, clumps of hair.

Sorry trying to get a visual. Where were these other pants?
I'm going to have to look and update/edit. Maybe someone is better at documenting the two crime scenes.

Charli's clothing and the men's jacket and pants were found near MM 15 according to the video interview with the Scott family above.

ai changed my mind along the way, FWIW. I may change it again. FTL said the clothes were somewhere they could be found, not far from the road. But photos of the clothes in the grass there don't look to me like a staging. But it does look like a pile.

My current theory is that the pile was left screened by vegetation near the road because it was meant to be retrieved. It was neither staged somewhere obvious nor hidden as in permanent hiding, which it could have been by going over a cliff or in a gulch or buried, etc..

I think the new to us interview with SC where he is questioned about going down that road and saying there is no reason to search it is pretty damning. It also leads me to think he did not want the clothes found or the area searched.

I do not know why the evidence was still lying there. It's very puzzling. All I can think is he was not able to do it right away, and it got tricky for him to go back there. We know he felt like all eyes were on him.

So...he would have left them there for HIM to find later...That would explain why they were not disposed or hidden permanently, but not too easily seen, either. But, why would he want to retrieve them? To plant at a different site? ...but never got the chance? Maybe it was too dark to throw them off the cliff & he needed daylight? Another goof up, then...?

Have to run out. Would love a scene 1 and scene 2 with items found written up. aagh not enough time in the day.

So...he would have left them there for HIM to find later...That would explain why they were not disposed or hidden permanently, but not too easily seen, either. But, why would he want to retrieve them? To plant at a different site? ...but never got the chance? Maybe it was too dark to throw them off the cliff & he needed daylight -- but never got the chance? Another goof up, then...

Cause who wants to drive around with bloody clothes? Come back for them at a safer time.

I am going to miss viewing this trial online. Or, once they get Loo off the stand will streaming resume? (hint, hint)

More from yesterday:

Apo started to ask about the volunteers that were looking for Scott, mentioning there were volunteers from “Jaws” to Nāhiku on Feb. 13 and not just MPD. When asked how many volunteers there might have been, Loo said he couldn’t put a number to it.

“You have no idea if there were volunteers planting evidence then?” Apo asked.

The prosecution raised an objection.

“How is that not a fair question, he’s insisting he doesn’t know.” Apo stated.

The prosecution objected again.

“If you don’t know who they (volunteers) are, you don’t know what they’re doing, or if there is any interest like getting Steven in trouble?” Apo asked.

“You don’t know if someone is out there to get Steven?” Apo rephrased the question.

http://mauinow.com/2016/07/12/capobianco-murder-trial-day-8-cross-examination-continues/

Apo's suggestion that volunteers were planting evidence is ludicrous.

Totally possible. And unless I missed something, we don't know if there was blood on it.
you didn't miss anything. We haven't heard about the blood or forensics of Phaedra's find yet, except for the details released in last year's motion as to the stab wounds. No mention there of the other clothing items.

More from yesterday:

Apo started to ask about the volunteers that were looking for Scott, mentioning there were volunteers from “Jaws” to Nāhiku on Feb. 13 and not just MPD. When asked how many volunteers there might have been, Loo said he couldn’t put a number to it.

“You have no idea if there were volunteers planting evidence then?” Apo asked.

The prosecution raised an objection.

“How is that not a fair question, he’s insisting he doesn’t know.” Apo stated.

The prosecution objected again.

“If you don’t know who they (volunteers) are, you don’t know what they’re doing, or if there is any interest like getting Steven in trouble?” Apo asked.

“You don’t know if someone is out there to get Steven?” Apo rephrased the question.

http://mauinow.com/2016/07/12/capobianco-murder-trial-day-8-cross-examination-continues/

Apo's suggestion that volunteers were planting evidence is ludicrous.
It's ludicrous all right, but consistent with Steven's lame assertion that he feared for his safety, his family made him stay home to be safe, and Charli's family hated him enough to frame him.

I remember hearing/reading about SC saying he'd already looked down that road. The sister went back later because she thought SC acted funny about it and she was suspicious. Can't remember which FB page or article this info. was in, sorry, but I definitely remember knowing early on that SC tried to divert the search away from the road on which the clothers were later
found.

Bear with me. I need to straighten this out in my head and it helps to write it down and get corrections if need be. I cross referenced several sources. I think this is right.

Lala found 2/10 clean at Market Place

Location1: Burnt car found at Jaws, Wednesday 2/12

Location 2: February 13th found late morning
some 5 miles away from location 4 near mile marker 9-10 near Kaumahina State Wayside Park, Police were led to the makai shoulder of the roadway where a blood stained pair of Blue jeans were found by searchers.
Blue jeans found lying on top of bushes when Loo arrived.
(are these the same jeans sent for analysis and same jeans that the hair was found and results not allowed in court??). Same jeans Rivera said had DNA on waistband??
Zip ties found near jeans. (Not processed)

Location 3 Feb 13
drag marks near guard rail MM 18 (not photographed)

Location 4
Thursday 2/13 Evening getting dark
Nuaailua Bay, which is known as "Paraquats" beach
Phaedra found: Charli's clothing, a long black skirt with stab marks and a blue polka dot blouse.
a green blanket, (maggots on blanket??), shoes belonging to Charli, Twilight DVD.
Brown pants and jacket (that were not Charli's)
(This is the area SC told Brooke when the two of them drove Hana on Feb. 11th that he had already looked there)

Location 4
Next day Friday 2/14
Nuaailua Bay, which is known as "Paraquats" beach
gloves and duct tape found

Same search, same day, farther down path I assume?
Pool of maggots, (on clothing as previously reported??)
Scott's jawbone split in two, 6 feet apart,
clumps of her red hair,
pieces of skin,
a bra,
body piercing with flesh,
fingertips and nails of her right hand,

noted for myself. Wailua Wayside Park, where Capobianco said he was picked up by the driver of the Toyota Corolla.

Sorry that's sloppy, I had like 4 screens open trying to cross reference and get my bearings down. Then my eye starting watering and then the bathroom called, then I got a text, then a call from the son. lol lol I'm certainly not cut out to be a reporter.

I remember hearing/reading about SC saying he'd already looked down that road. The sister went back later because she thought SC acted funny about it and she was suspicious. Can't remember which FB page or article this info. was in, sorry, but I definitely remember knowing early on that SC tried to divert the search away from the road on which the clothers were later
found.
Mama, it was in a FTL post that most here have seen. That's why you wouldn't be able to find it.

Mama, I just saw this again. It is also part of the recorded Loo interview of SC saying that yes, he agreed that he told Brooke on 2/11 on their drive that he had searched that area, although he did offer to go there again, he claims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper