GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's ludicrous all right, but consistent with Steven's lame assertion that he feared for his safety, his family made him stay home to be safe, and Charli's family hated him enough to frame him.

Frame him.... for what? At the time Phaedra and company found the clothes, Charli was a missing person. Nobody knew for sure what had happened to her. And how would they have, for example, Charli's black skirt to slash? Apo will never sell a jury on this. I find the suggestion that her family and friends would plant evidence offensive.

Bear with me. I need to straighten this out in my head and it helps to write it down and get corrections if need be. I cross referenced several sources. I think this is right.

Location1: Burnt car found at Jaws, Wednesday 2/12

Location 2: February 13th found late morning
some 5 miles away from location 4 near mile marker 9-10 near Kaumahina State Wayside Park, Police were led to the makai shoulder of the roadway where a blood stained pair of Blue jeans were found by searchers.
Blue jeans found lying on top of bushes when Loo arrived.
(are these the same jeans sent for analysis and same jeans that the hair was found and results not allowed in court??). Same jeans Rivera said had DNA on waistband??
Zip ties found near jeans. (Not processed)

Location 3 Feb 13
drag marks near guard rail MM 18 (not photographed)

Location 4
Thursday 2/13 Evening getting dark
Nuaailua Bay, which is known as "Paraquats" beach
Phaedra found: Charli's clothing, a long black skirt with stab marks and a blue polka dot blouse.
a green blanket, (maggots on blanket??), shoes belonging to Charli, Twilight DVD.
Brown pants and jacket (that were not Charli's)
(This is the area SC told Brooke when the two of them drove Hana on Feb. 11th that he had already looked there)

Location 4
Next day Friday 2/14
gloves and duct tape found

Same search, same day, farther down path I assume?
Pool of maggots, (on clothing as previously reported??)
Scott's jawbone split in two, 6 feet apart,
clumps of her red hair,
pieces of skin,
a bra,
body piercing with flesh,
fingertips and nails of her right hand,

noted for myself. Wailua Wayside Park, where Capobianco said he was picked up by the driver of the Toyota Corolla.

Thanks! I was going to write all that down, and now I don't have to.

Add Nala found at Nahiku Marketplace 2/10, clean.

I wonder, I just wonder, if this started out as him using a friend as an accomplice plotting to fake a robbery or attack with the sole intention of causing a miscarriage, not murder. A friend or family member who agreed a baby would ruin his life and also has a strong hatred for women/mothers.
If he set this up with a someone and somehow this plan went bad, neither can rat the other one out without both going to prison.
I feel his helper would need to be much more violent than SC "appears" to be. Not mentally off like SC "appears", but physically violent capable of using a serrated blade to deflesh.

Frame him.... for what? At the time Phaedra and company found the clothes, Charli was a missing person. Nobody knew for sure what had happened to her. And how would they have, for example, Charli's black skirt to slash? Apo will never sell a jury on this. I find the suggestion that her family and friends would plant evidence offensive.
I agree, am just mentioning things he said in interviews the first week. Mileka the HNN interviewer asked him if he thought someone could be framing him. I have not refreshed on that interview in some time, but my recollection is because her 4Runner was found at Peahi so close to where he lives. Then he said "maybe," followed by intimating the family were the only people on Maui who don't love him. I'm sure you remember that line.

The aspersions are indeed offensive, but Apo's casting his net for reasonable doubt.
Edit: still an MP case, but the HNN interview was dated Thurs. 2/13 after Nala and torched car found, there was a definite change in tone as even Kim said Charli was not all right if Nala left her, and Charli not with her car. We all knew it was bad news by that day.

I wonder, I just wonder, if this started out as him using a friend as an accomplice plotting to fake a robbery or attack with the sole intention of causing a miscarriage, not murder. A friend or family member who agreed a baby would ruin his life and also has a strong hatred for women/mothers.
If he set this up with a someone and somehow this plan went bad, neither can rat the other one out without both going to prison.
I feel his helper would need to be much more violent than SC "appears" to be. Not mentally off like SC "appears", but physically violent capable of using a serrated blade to deflesh.

Admitting he was with her at all the same places we've now come to know and saying he saw her driving home sets him up to be his own alibi. Is that what he was thinking? Did someone else help him? Did he know the outcome? Remember in his interview when he said something went wrong. But wouldn't they have something, anything if that were the case?

Bear with me. I need to straighten this out in my head and it helps to write it down and get corrections if need be. I cross referenced several sources. I think this is right.

Lala found 2/10 clean at Market Place

Location1: Burnt car found at Jaws, Wednesday 2/12

Location 2: February 13th found late morning
some 5 miles away from location 4 near mile marker 9-10 near Kaumahina State Wayside Park, Police were led to the makai shoulder of the roadway where a blood stained pair of Blue jeans were found by searchers.
Blue jeans found lying on top of bushes when Loo arrived.
(are these the same jeans sent for analysis and same jeans that the hair was found and results not allowed in court??). Same jeans Rivera said had DNA on waistband??
Zip ties found near jeans. (Not processed)

Location 3 Feb 13
drag marks near guard rail MM 18 (not photographed)

Location 4
Thursday 2/13 Evening getting dark
Phaedra found: Charli's clothing, a long black skirt with stab marks and a blue polka dot blouse.
a green blanket, (maggots on blanket??), shoes belonging to Charli, Twilight DVD.
Brown pants and jacket (that were not Charli's)
(This is the area SC told Brooke when the two of them drove Hana on Feb. 11th that he had already looked there)

Location 4
Next day Friday 2/14
gloves and duct tape found

Same search, same day, farther down path I assume?
Pool of maggots, (on clothing as previously reported??)
Scott's jawbone split in two, 6 feet apart,
clumps of her red hair,
pieces of skin,
a bra,
body piercing with flesh,
fingertips and nails of her right hand,

noted for myself. Wailua Wayside Park, where Capobianco said he was picked up by the driver of the Toyota Corolla.
Great job, not sloppy. Pretty much complete, but if you want, you might add:
3.2 miles past Keanae turnoff spot SC said he got stuck and family out orange cone per Peter Tosh. Near where he said he hitched.
Bra - Charli's black bra strap slashed through and stab holes.
Pool of maggots not on clothes (clothes were found day before), looked to be on ground.
Green blanket, maggots yes, Rivera also said blanket had heavy stench of death.
Might want to note it was Tuesday 2/11 that SC went down Location 4 road and declared it covered, nothing there.
Tuesday was his first and last day searching with family and volunteers.

FTL post said Steven was "protective" of Paraquat's and had been down the road twice on 2/11. We never had that official before we heard is interview, is what I meant earlier. He admitted Brooke's report was true that he said it had been searched and there was nothing down there. I find that really goes against him. Little sister finds all that and he never saw it?
ed to add: FTL said clothes were in a place not possible they were tossed from a vehicle on the road, but in a place they would be found eventually. Doesn't sound like a staging, more like a temporary stash place as said earlier.

I wonder if it is true his family ordered him to stay home after 2/11, if he got stuck due to them watching him and had to leave the evidence there even though he needed to go dispose of it? I wonder so much whether he looked at or handled it on that Tuesday. Could he have moved anything while down there alone? Did he have gloves with him?
Were bloody blue jeans really by the road for four nights three days before someone saw them?

FTL post said Steven was "protective" of Paraquat's and had been down the road twice on 2/11. We never had that official before we heard is interview, is what I meant earlier. He admitted Brooke's report was true that he said it had been searched and there was nothing down there. I find that really goes against him. Little sister finds all that and he never saw it?
ed to add: FTL said clothes were in a place not possible they were tossed from a vehicle on the road, but in a place they would be found eventually. Doesn't sound like a staging, more like a temporary stash place as said earlier.

I wonder if it is true his family ordered him to stay home after 2/11, if he got stuck due to them watching him and had to leave the evidence there even though he needed to go dispose of it? I wonder so much whether he looked at or handled it on that Tuesday. Could he have moved anything while down there alone? Did he have gloves with him?
Were bloody blue jeans really by the road for four nights three days before someone saw them?

Being the main suspect probably worried him quite a bit to drive out of Paraquats with anything in his vehicle.

Admitting he was with her at all the same places we've now come to know and saying he saw her driving home sets him up to be his own alibi. Is that what he was thinking? Did someone else help him? Did he know the outcome? Remember in his interview when he said something went wrong. But wouldn't they have something, anything if that were the case?

Amazing it took us so long to finally get to a place where we dismiss his story 100%

Being the main suspect probably worried him quite a bit to drive out of Paraquats with anything in his vehicle.
yeah, no doubt.
I should add, I was wondering about moving stuff within the evidence recovery area on the Tuesday afternoon, not taking it away.

i still think maybe the scene was changed at some point after Sunday night, because the blanket was with the clothing, not the remains evidence -- yet it showed the heavy signs of decomp -- as if it wrapped remains for some time (longer than a short time Sunday night), and then was separated from the remains on a different day or night.
But we'll see what the forensic experts have to say.

Mamamerced, Apo pushed the theory today that Charli was not murdered at all, but somehow killed by wild pigs.
The video segement was on KHON newscast, so probably online as a clip?
Loo said the slash on the tree was machete, not tusk. Also the jawbone cleaned by humans.

Mamamerced, Apo pushed the theory today that Charli was not murdered at all, but somehow killed by wild pigs.
The video segement was on KHON newscast, so probably online as a clip?
Loo said the slash on the tree was machete, not tusk. Also the jawbone cleaned by humans.

She was indeed killed by a wild pig.

He had all Monday afternoon, evening and night to finish cleaning up before the family called MPD. Was that the day he detailed his truck?

I've been away for awhile. I must have missed this. Can you please fill me in Kapua? TIA

Welcome back, Julie! We have missed you.

Day 9 of the trial, the defense attorney is floating the theory that Charli was not murdered, but killed by a wild pig. I say that she was killed by a wild two-legged pig by the name of Steven Capobianco. IMHO.

I'm not sure what the right sentiment is but I wanted to pray and send love for Kimberlyn as she takes the stand soon. Facing SC will prove to be difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper