GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Once the family testifies are they then able to be in the court room?

No. Probably for a few reasons... Witnesses can be recalled. Also, the witnesses probably can't hear testimony of the other witnesses.

Got an update.

Loo is still on cross examination by Apo, and will continue to be tomorrow. Apo continued to badger him, attacking his intelligence, at one point comparing him to "a 9 year old". He did ask a few pointed questions... Paraphrasing here

Apo: were there zip ties found near the bloody jeans?

Loo: yes

Apo: were those zip ties recovered and tested?

Loo: No

Apo: the drag marks you saw near the jeans, was that photographed?

Loo; No

Apo: the area of the drag marks, was it examined for blood or anything?

Loo: no

Apo: were there smudge marks on the burnt vehicle

Loo: Yes

All 4 questions, IMO, to show the police mishandled/missed evidence, contaminated crime scene (burnt vehicle).
I heard rumors about zip ties, wow, turns out there were some near the jeans & not recovered .. OMG! Drag mark area never fully investigated.

I think it's less about ability and more about logistics. They have dedicated many hours to the trial so far, I imagine it's costly. Plus they don't have an office here on Maui. The cameraman works so hard, he has to set up and take down his equipment when they go to lunch because Cardoza sees other cases after the break. The camera is not light either. The cameraman also has to be sure to pull the audio when the attorneys meet for a sidebar.

You are right, of course, and I didn't realize that they don't have a Maui office. I am just disappointed, although realistically, I probably don't have time to listen to every minute anyway.

Got an update.

Loo is still on cross examination by Apo, and will continue to be tomorrow. Apo continued to badger him, attacking his intelligence, at one point comparing him to "a 9 year old". He did ask a few pointed questions... Paraphrasing here

Apo: were there zip ties found near the bloody jeans?

Loo: yes

Apo: were those zip ties recovered and tested?

Loo: No

Apo: the drag marks you saw near the jeans, was that photographed?

Loo; No

Apo: the area of the drag marks, was it examined for blood or anything?

Loo: no

Apo: were there smudge marks on the burnt vehicle

Loo: Yes

All 4 questions, IMO, to show the police mishandled/missed evidence, contaminated crime scene (burnt vehicle).
I heard rumors about zip ties, wow, turns out there were some near the jeans & not recovered .. OMG! Drag mark area never fully investigated.
Grateful for your post, alohaj! Zip ties ... for what, to bind her wrists maybe?

Confused about the drag marks. Testimony to Rivera was about jeans near Kaumahina, around MM 9-10 (which is not exactly Kaumahina, but near). Then he went on to view drag marks between MM 18-19, which is a lot farther along Hana Highway. Does this mean that both spots had drag marks?

I'm still bummed about the live streaming. I hope they share the testimony from the Scotts and the girlfriends in full.

Grateful for your post, alohaj! Zip ties ... for what, to bind her wrists maybe?

Confused about the drag marks. Testimony to Rivera was about jeans near Kaumahina, around MM 9-10 (which is not exactly Kaumahina, but near). Then he went on to view drag marks between MM 18-19, which is a lot farther along Hana Highway. Does this mean that both spots had drag marks?

I thought the bloody jeans & drag marks were at the same location? If not then disregard "drag marks near bloody jeans" I previously posted.

My friend just verified jeans & drag marks were at the different locations, I have trouble keeping all the details straight, good recall!

I'm still bummed about the live streaming. I hope they share the testimony from the Scotts and the girlfriends in full.

And at least some of the expert testimony, too. I am particularly interested in the cell phone records.

My friend just verified jeans & drag marks were at the different locations, I have trouble keeping all the details straight, good recall!
Thanks! It's hard to keep it straight, but I've been trained to remember details -- I still forget things though, and misunderstand. I thought maybe I had missed something major with the blue jeans.

the zip ties did not come up in Loo's direct testimony. Were they found near the jeans or the drag marks? If you can find out.

I thought the bloody jeans & drag marks were at the same location? If not then disregard "drag marks near bloody jeans" I previously posted.

Same here! I said that a few pages back and was corrected by our beautiful flower (love you Puakenikeni :)) that the jeans were recovered in a different spot from the drag marks. I thought I was hearing things.

Lol, well it was a continuum of his trip from Peahi to Wailua with calls about finds. It's Apo's fault objecting so much Loo couldn't get out a coherent story.
I miss the Court Chatter already. Being able to go back and listen was great.

Lol, well it was a continuum of his trip from Peahi to Wailua with calls about finds. It's Apo's fault objecting so much Loo couldn't get out a coherent story.
I miss the Court Chatter already. Being able to go back and listen was great.

I went back and reviewed that section also. I do hope that KHON will film a significant amount of the direct witness examinations.

I also went back and reviewed this video: [video=youtube;EIqjYZqzPUs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIqjYZqzPUs[/video]

Starting at 1:31 Kim Scott talks about the items that Phaedra found. The audio is bad but I picked up these items:

Blue polka dot shirt, black skirt, green blanket, gray jacket and brown pants, a Twilight DVD and 2 empty rolls of duct tape.

So it appears that we have two pairs of pants and a jacket that were not Charli's.

I went back and reviewed that section also. I do hope that KHON will film a significant amount of the direct witness examinations.

I also went back and reviewed this video: [video=youtube;EIqjYZqzPUs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIqjYZqzPUs[/video]

Starting at 1:31 Kim Scott talks about the items that Phaedra found. The audio is bad but I picked up these items:

Blue polka dot shirt, black skirt, green blanket, gray jacket and brown pants, a Twilight DVD and 2 empty rolls of duct tape.

So it appears that we have two pairs of pants and a jacket that were not Charli's.
That's great you found that, Kapua. :). I've mentioned the jacket and pants Phaedra found before, and knew the jeans were not blue fabric, but from an interview with Phaedra that I was unable to find last week when I looked (it was from Friday or Sat, right after she found them). I could never make out the one item, the Twilight DVD.

Until Loo testified about the blue jeans, I always assumed the men's pants were the brown jeans found at Paraquat's. We've also never heard anything more about the jacket in terms of it providing evidence. Phaedra said it was not Charli's. A mystery there.

The good news that came out of the blue jean news is that Phaedra and the group did not find those blue jeans and take them away from the scene, so Apo can't attack the jeans evidence based on contamination. At least it would be good news if the DNA were allowed in.

PS that is actually Phaedra with Kim who is listing the items. She seems to confirm Charli's shoee were found by her group too.

That's great you found that, Kapua. :). I've mentioned the jacket and pants Phaedra found before, and knew the jeans were not blue fabric, but from an interview with Phaedra that I was unable to find last week when I looked (it was from Friday or Sat, right after she found them). I could never make out the one item, the Twilight DVD.

Until Loo testified about the blue jeans, I always assumed the men's pants were the brown jeans found at Paraquat's. We've also never heard anything more about the jacket in terms of it providing evidence. Phaedra said it was not Charli's. A mystery there.

The good news that came out of the blue jean news is that Phaedra and the group did not find those blue jeans and take them away from the scene, so Apo can't attack the jeans evidence based on contamination. At least it would be good news if the DNA were allowed in.

I posted it on the Media Links and Timeline thread some time back. The audio is poor; there might be something I missed. And I, too, thought that the men's pants and jeans were the same article of clothing.

Now I am thinking... maybe I was wrong about the clothes not being left behind on purpose. Brooke, and many posters here, think that they were deliberately planted to be discovered. And if the men's pants and jacket are not SC's size, it is possible that he planted them along with the clothes. But that raises the question, why carelessly throw the bloody jeans out after you've staged the crime scene??

And the items were taken to the mom's house, not driven to the police station as was reported by the media. Oh man, how did this case grow so many legs? Really, really sloppy reporting done for the last two years by a few agencies and it's disappointing. Seems like in their quest to be "first on the scene, first to report", the media has made a lot of suppositions that the public ran with. Back in the day, you could not turn in a story with fewer than three quoted sources.

I'll be in court this morning. I'm unable to stay beyond lunch. Fingers crossed the court's time is well spent and not wasted in 15 minute recesses and late starts.

And the items were taken to the mom's house, not driven to the police station as was reported by the media. Oh man, how did this case grow so many legs? Really, really sloppy reporting done for the last two years by a few agencies and it's disappointing. Seems like in their quest to be "first on the scene, first to report", the media has made a lot of suppositions that the public ran with. Back in the day, you could not turn in a story with fewer than three quoted sources.

I'll be in court this morning. I'm unable to stay beyond lunch. Fingers crossed the court's time is well spent and not wasted in 15 minute recesses and late starts.
good luck Nikki. :). Oh, so that means Kim saw the items. Horrible for her but she didn't have to imagine.

The interview I was looking for www at Kim's house (I think), with her and Phaedra sitting on a couch and Phaedra talked about how upsetting it was the condition Charli's clothes were in, and They both explain why the things were moved. Maybe it is not online any more, don't know.

i am terrible about not looking at the media topic. I just go find the articles and videos I remember by searching again. I did look at this one again last week. Thanks to everyone who does post to the media topic for your housekeeping efforts. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech