GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder when the subpoenas went out for the grand jury that indicted on the 18th, and whether he expected I receive one. The bench warrant evasion works of course, seems like a peer group that had its share of getting in minor trouble.

Yep, that's what I was wondering....possible evasion of a grand jury testimony. Agree about the peer group, too.

Any WS ideas on what 'the big lie to protect Charli' will be?
It wasn't really SC's baby?
Charli didn't really follow him back but stayed around Keanae instead?
They headed up to Keanae for another reason (possibly illegal such as to sell drugs) and someone else hurt Charli? SC fled?
What could 'the big lie' be? Another "the glove doesn't fit" theatric?
I need clarification please. I had never heard of this case until 2 days ago. Spent 36 hrs off and on watching all of it on You Tube. How has anyone heard mention of "a big lie" ? Are you saying the defense is late coming up with a reason why the dog was found so far away? Also, today's post earlier today mention Matthew McCorm_ _ k disappeared a few day then his mom reported him missing but was found late June. I will now go Google his name/interview in hopes of learning more. I see nothing on Google for "Matthew McCormi_ _ Hawaii"

I read on one of the live stream sites that there was no court today and that court will resume on Monday.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 3m3 minutes ago
#MauiTrial - Steven Capobianco trial not in session today. Court resumes Monday. Charli Scott's mother expected to testify.

I just saw this!

Daletray, there are a few Facebook pages that followed the case. Take a look.
A study to find out what happened to Charlie...
Crabapple Jones (the original page was taken down)

The "BIG LIE" was mentioned by defense attorney Apo in his opening statement.

My guess and my guess only is SC is going to say they went to meet for sex as it was reported they did occasionally and he didn't say that to save her reputation. I could be way off. And in my opinion in 2016 who cares if that was her intention. I think nothing less and certainly was not big enough to warrant him lying while they were trying to find her!
Agree. Thank you for your time and effort in supporting my search for more info on this interesting case. It appears to be an easy verdict for the jury thus far, IMO, but many juries today need to actually see video proof before they can convict

thank you for this link. It sort of does sound like he was out of site maybe when GJ subpoena needed him to testify. I was glad to read a little more info on SC tonight. Here i was thinking he was a clean cut guy that just lost it in Feb 2014. Now I am seeing drugs and arrested for stealing computers/slashing tires. Arrested for making terrorist threats on Instagram. Thank you again for your help. Now, back to thread 2 page 30. It's slow catch up folks.

thank you for this link. It sort of does sound like he was out of site maybe when GJ subpoena needed him to testify. I was glad to read a little more info on SC tonight. Here i was thinking he was a clean cut guy that just lost it in Feb 2014. Now I am seeing drugs and arrested for stealing computers/slashing tires. Arrested for making terrorist threats on Instagram. Thank you again for your help. Now, back to thread 2 page 30. It's slow catch up folks.

Thanks for the belly laugh! :laugh: Clean cut guy... Like I said a few pages back, they really cleaned him up for the trial. I hardly recognized him.

Thanks for the belly laugh! :laugh: Clean cut guy... Like I said a few pages back, they really cleaned him up for the trial. I hardly recognized him.

Wish I could join you in the laughter, Kapua. DaleTray, new to this case, may have just given us a glimpse into the minds of many of the jurors.

Wish I could join you in the laughter, Kapua. DaleTray, new to this case, may have just given us a glimpse into the minds of many of the jurors.
Especially since jurors probably​ wont Google and learn his dirty background.

I remain confident that the collective intelligence of 12 people will prevail. Aunque la mona se vista de seda, mona es, y mona se queda.

You really tested my Spanish comprehension, but I get the drift, Kapua. Hope you're right.

^This.

I don't see this as an easy verdict at all.
I would imagine it is a daunting task for a juror to give a guilty plea.
They are bound by strict rules to deliver a verdict. So far there is no true evidence that SC killed her.

Like Daletray they are only hearing what they hear in that courtroom. and if they pick up on stuff.
These days everyone expects that smoking gun bombshell evidence, hence Casey Anthony. Just because he drove with her doesn't mean he killed her. Just because he lied, doesn't mean he killed her (playing devil's advocate, I think he killed her)
I hope when Rivera cross examines he points this stuff out to plant the seed now instead of in a closing statement. Let in stew in the jurors mind now.

Here goes my interpretation:
Although the monkey sees her/himself as silken, a monkey he is and a monkey he will remain.
How'd I do, Kapua?

Although the monkey is dressed in silk, a monkey he is, and a monkey he will remain.

Although the monkey is dressed in silk, a monkey he is, and a monkey he will remain.

Ahhh, vestirse. I was thinking visitar, like he visited himself (saw) in a mirror. Thanks....good one.

^This.

I don't see this as an easy verdict at all.
I would imagine it is a daunting task for a juror to give a guilty plea.
They are bound by strict rules to deliver a verdict. So far there is no true evidence that SC killed her.

Like Daletray they are only hearing what they hear in that courtroom. and if they pick up on stuff.
These days everyone expects that smoking gun bombshell evidence, hence Casey Anthony. Just because he drove with her doesn't mean he killed her. Just because he lied, doesn't mean he killed her (playing devil's advocate, I think he killed her)
I hope when Rivera cross examines he points this stuff out to plant the seed now instead of in a closing statement. Let in stew in the jurors mind now.

I completely disagree. I think there's been a lot of evidence presented so far, and I think there's a lot more to come. Testimony is evidence.
Ginseng Mileur testified that SC asked him, "Hey, Ginseng, how would you get away with a murder?" This was confirmed by Dave Rasmussen.

Dave Rasmussen had this to say:
Rivera: Did he express any concern for her welfare to you?
DR: Uh… no.
Rivera: How ‘bout when he told you he was the father of her child, did he express any concern about the child?
DR: No. I didn’t see any concern, no.

His police interviews prove him to be a liar in so many different ways. He had motive, opportunity, was the last person known to have seen her alive, and has an alibi that defies credibility.

We haven't heard from the Scott family yet, we haven't heard from the forensic entomologist, we haven't seen the cell phone records.

I don't think people have lost the ability to reason just because we have DNA technology. Reasonable doubt means that there is another reasonable explanation as to what happened to Charli. IMHO.

I don't think people have lost the ability to reason just because we have DNA technology. Reasonable doubt means that there is another reasonable explanation as to what happened to Charli. IMHO.

I envy your assurance and genuinely hope you are right. But, in general, I don't equate reasonable doubt with 'another reasonable explanation'. Jury may feel the evidence doesn't fit the prosecution's conclusion without having one of their own.

http://www.duhaime.org/LegalDictionary/R/ReasonableDoubt.aspx

I agree Kapua, but the law isn't that simple. Casey Anthony was not found guilty because the jury did not believe enough evidence was presented per the instructions. Doesn't mean they didn't think she did it, just that the law didn't support a guilty verdict.

I'm trying to find the specific jury instructions for 2nd degree murder for Hawaii and haven't had luck yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member